Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2023, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ "Freak" is the only episode directed by Michael Rosenbaum! It's also the 125th episode of the series, and it is the only episode where Clark uses all of his powers aside from flight, which he doesn't have yet, anyway.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I had forgotten that Michael directed "Freak". He did a great job!

Just re-watched episode 16 "Promise" I always liked the opening sequence with the great Snow Patrol song You Could Be Happy. And I always liked how this episode was staged, with Clark, Lex and Lana's day on the day of the wedding and how they each start off with a nightmare. I liked how Clark saving Chloe from the wine cellar was shown in two different perspectives, not knowing the first time that Lana was watching and was the one to trap Chloe in there to lure her to call Clark. S6 did have a soap opera type feel to it but this episode in particular felt very soap opera which I think had some fans either love it or hate it. I always could not stand the love triangle between Clark, Lana and Lex in this season and this episode just exemplifies how tiring Clana ended up being. How Clark goes from being the one to look Lana in the eye and tells her he doesn't love her because he could not tell her his secret to Lana almost exactly a season later looking him in the eye and telling him she wants to be with Lex. I know this situation is slightly different, Lionel giving Lana the ultimatum that he would kill Clark if she did not marry Lex. But I seem to remember Lionel didn't actually mean that. It's just...enough already. I'm glad the writers admitted that they shouldn't have wasted so much time on Clana, but what's done is done and we can't change it. I just make the best of each episode/season/overall plot. The best scene for me will always be Clark practicing proposing to Lana on Shelby, the dog's reaction and expression is too adorable. In one of my previous reviews that I found, I had mentioned about the newspaper cutting that Lana took out about when she was saved from the tornado. I actually paused that scene and read it and it said that Lana was en-route to attend a picnic fundraiser for The Smallville football team when the tornadoes hit. LOL and, not only that, but they somehow cleanly forgot that Clark took her to SMC. Completely wrong (Actually went back to the episode to read it again and it's hilarious how wrong the facts were.

And I just re-watched episode 17 "Combat" Arguably the best Clark fight scene in the show was the one with Titan. I like how pro-active Clark was, but obviously he was just directing his anger over Lana marrying Lex for the need for a fight. Just everything about that scene was awesome. "My turn" Even if he wasn't exactly himself, bottling and then letting out his anger I much prefer pro-active Clark to pining over Lana Clark. I love how Lois gets involved with the fight club thing, when she tries to hit Clark was hilarious. Lana "losing the baby" quite honestly one of the most despicable things Lex did to her was to make her feel that pain when in fact it never truly existed.

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-09-2023 at 12:28 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just re-watched episode 18 "Progeny" Always found this episode so sad. Poor Chloe. It was so sweet of Clark to give her mum a catch up on Chloe's life before she reverted back to her catatonic state. Hopefully at least she'll go to a facility that will help her by Oliver. I also felt sorry for Lana, finally finding out that she was never pregnant and that she was given synthetic hormones to fake the pregnancy. If Lex had made that appointment or she never got admitted to the hospital and was seen by an uncorrupted doctor she probably would have never found out. Lana sure has been in the hospital a lot this season. She must be sick of the place.

Just re-watched episode 19 "Nemesis" this episode was so awesome and I loved how it explored and handled the Clark and Lex relationship and what their friendship used to be. Lex may have evil intentions now, and he certainly has shown his distaste for Clark this season, but despite all of it, when Clark was trapped in the rubble, he still saved his old friend. I like how they explored the fact that maybe Clark gave up on Lex too easily, that Clark thinks that maybe part of the reason who Lex is now is because of him. If Clark had trusted Lex with his secret in the early days, Lex would have protected him. All the scenes in the tunnel were exceptionally well done, that set must have been very difficult to film in, I'll look forward to Tom and Michael discussing this one. Though that will be a couple of years, if they even get that far on TalkVille, (which I truly hope they will). Lana was going in dark places, but who can blame her and she needed answers from Lionel. I love the scene after Clark and Lex escape from the tunnels. The way Clark soaks up the sun and regains his strength and scars have healed. When Lana walks up to him and they have that moment and then she goes to Lex. It was a great scene. I felt sorry for Wes Keenen's wife, she was right about Lex harbouring her husband all along.

Just re-watched episode 20 "Noir". I freaking love this episode. Setting aside that YET AGAIN Lana gets hurt and ends up in hospital, the mystery surrounding everything was just great. The opening is cute with Jimmy surprising Chloe with a little date in the back of the Daily Planet archives with an old film set and popcorn, showing a classic black & white film, The Big Sleep. Jimmy mouthing along to the words. Lois taking evidence was a bit dumb given that she ends up on Lionel's radar because he saw her take it. Obviously the chunk of this episode that I truly love is when Jimmy gets knocked out and is thrown into his own black & white 1940's experience in his subconscious where things happened that are not too dissimilar to the real world. Everyone's roles in this episode was perfect. The hint we see of Clark being the bumbling reporter at the Daily Planet was awesome enough, but then they make him an undercover cop. There was just something about seeing Tom in black & white and in 1940s attire was so hot and more gorgeous than ever. Part of me would have loved if the show stayed with the 1940s film theme for the rest of the show but obviously that wasn't going to happen. Then there's the awesome Chlark save when Clark catches Chloe as she fell all those flights of stairs at the Planet.

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-11-2023 at 12:23 PM
Old 05-13-2023, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just re-watched episode 21 "Prototype" poor Lois, it was sad seeing her lose Wes, I forgot that she knew him. My favourite scene is Clark telling Martha she should go for the US Senate seat as Lionel says she's the best candidate. Such a sweet and touching moment.

And I just re-watched the S6 finale "Phantom" this is such an epic finale. Well, all finales were epic but this one is pretty huge. I love the recap of the whole season at the beginning. There's so much going on. First, I had forgotten just how dark and gruesome the opening scene was, yikes. Then the scene with Clark saying goodbye to Martha as she leaves for Washington. It was such a beautiful scene and always gets me a little teary Then Lana telling Clark that she's leaving Lex and Clark finally tells Lana his full secret - again. Why is it such a pattern that every time he does so Lana "dies"? I mean, the first time, she did actually die but Clark got Jor-El to turn back the time at big cost. Now this time it appears she died in that car bomb, but of course I remember that was all a plan to fake her death, which we find out in S7. Poor Clark having to hear that from Lionel. I love how angry Clark was at Lionel was Lana told him that Lionel told her he would kill him if she didn't marry Lex. But the Martian Manhunter appears and it turns out that Lionel has still been Jor-El's vessel. I mean, he had been still drawing Kryptonian symbols. Then there's Lois going to the Reeves Dam to find out what's going on with project Ares and ends up getting herself stabbed. I got teary eyed again when Chloe finds her and Lois is practically dead at this point. Allison always did such a great job with the emotional moments, any time Chloe cried, I cried. It turns out that Chloe's meteor power is the ability to heal people. Then Clark going after Lex after hearing about Lana's death. Then the phantom appearing and taking Clark's DNA to become Bizarro. That fight scene between Clark and Bizarro was epic. Gosh it's such a crazy finale.

And with that, I've finished S6. I will be packing up my Blu-Ray player tomorrow so I won't be able to watch S7 until I'm settled into the new house and that won't be for at least a month, though I'd guess up to 6 weeks by the time I've got the TV set up along with the Blu-Ray player. I would try to watch it at the Air B&B but I don't know if they have a Blu Ray player and plus I've got the US version of the Blu Ray box set so it won't play on any normal UK Blu Ray Player (I've got a special multi-regional one). It's a long gap, but it's ok.

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-13-2023 at 12:19 PM
Old 05-14-2023, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you were able to complete Season Six before you big move.

Thanks a lot for sharing this!

Quote:
In one of my previous reviews that I found, I had mentioned about the newspaper cutting that Lana took out about when she was saved from the tornado. I actually paused that scene and read it and it said that Lana was en-route to attend a picnic fundraiser for The Smallville football team when the tornadoes hit. LOL and, not only that, but they somehow cleanly forgot that Clark took her to SMC. Completely wrong (Actually went back to the episode to read it again and it's hilarious how wrong the facts were.
The Season Six Finale could have been a Series Finale, since all the characters were pretty much in their comic books place, so to speak.

Happy you were able to enjoy this season!

I've asked again, but I wanted to ask again, how is the quality on the new Blu-Ray?
Old 05-14-2023, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It could have, but it all ended in too much of a cliffhanger. I would have hated for the show to have ended like that!

The Blu Ray version is great! I haven't really been able to compare the Blu Ray and DVD quality that closely, but I have noticed a difference, the picture quality is gorgeous and the sound is pretty good too. Well worth the upgrade. The only thing I've noticed is how the audio of the Save Me song starts off quiet and then suddenly gets loud. I don't know whether that's a Blu Ray issue or whether it was always like that.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
It could have, but it all ended in too much of a cliffhanger. I would have hated for the show to have ended like that!
I have always thought they could have followed it up with a movie.

Quote:
The Blu Ray version is great! I haven't really been able to compare the Blu Ray and DVD quality that closely, but I have noticed a difference, the picture quality is gorgeous and the sound is pretty good too. Well worth the upgrade. The only thing I've noticed is how the audio of the Save Me song starts off quiet and then suddenly gets loud. I don't know whether that's a Blu Ray issue or whether it was always like that.
Thank you for sharing! I wish I could check it out some day! I am glad there is an improvement. That is strange about the Save Me. Maybe it is a Blu Ray issue because I think the audio is stable in the main versions.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

A movie would have been cool.

I might try and compare the DVD and Blu Ray one day.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A movie would have been cool.

I might try and compare the DVD and Blu Ray one day.

Please do for me too!
Reply   Post New Thread