Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aww yeah, I forgot she included Lois in her drawing.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Aww yeah, I forgot she included Lois in her drawing.
Yes. She did! And, it was super cute.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just finished season 5, pretty solid season.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

^ Now on to the dreaded S6!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah... although Clark annoyed me in the second half of Season 5 more than I remembered when I re-watched.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I guess that's the downside of these re-watches, you get to see the bad sides of the charcaters more...
Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah, also I re-watched this series like over 5x but the issue is I always skip the second half of Season 4, second half of Season 5, most episodes of Season 6, whole Season 7 and jump right to Season 8.

So, most of these episodes I watched live once because I didn't care to re-watch it and when I'm currently re-watch it, I understand why.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Man, that's bad. You realise that that's like almost 4 seasons worth of the show you alway skip re-watching because of the terribleness?! I can sit through all of those except for most of S6 and some of S7. I hated the whole stone plot thing in S4, but I do love a few episodes in the second half. Ageless though. The worst episode ever. The second half of S5... it's just about watchable for me, but only just.

When I look at the writing of some of my other favourite shows, like Charmed and OUAT, they were/are so much better as a whole. I don't think any episode of Charmed is bad. And so far for me, OUAT is nigh on perfect (currently on S4). But Smallville did suffer some pretty weak writing especially for Clark mid seasons. But then, I always try to look at it like, they put Clark through all of this nonsense so there would eventually be a light under the tunnel for him. He had to go through all that garbage to be the man he becomes.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ When I re-watch it, after Jonathan's death he should've became stronger but instead he actually became weaker. And it makes it feel like his death happened too soon since his death really only made Martha senator but nothing for Clark's character. Clark character start really growing up 3 seasons later.

Well, I just know how bad some episodes are so I just refused to re-watch it for my sake. lol When I currently re-watch though, I see why, Clark is probably my least favorite character currently in the re-watch. And I feel so bad for feeling that way, I just can't relate to him at all.
When Lana said she doesn't understand how she could've ever loved him, I seriously was clapping and wondering the same... and again NO idea why they put Clana back together after all the drama at the end of Season 5 and season 6... it was a huge downgrade for Clark and made him even more unrootable and sadly a bit pathetic that he'd date Lana again after all of that? come on now. It made both Clark and Lana look bad and their relationship was just so strange for me to watch...

I still remember like it was yesterday, the start of Season 7, I was finally starting to enjoy the episode again... but this promo aired after 7x02...

It's the first time I really wanted to officially give up on Smallville. And I was 18 years old at the time. But, I think it's the first time I ever didn't watch Smallville. I think I watched it late or something but I don't even really remember watching it... it's when my interest completely died for the show and I'll say most of the season 7 episodes are blank for me.....
The end of Season 6 was difficult to get through, especially "Promise" which people like but I didn't because I was bored watching it. lol It was like watching a recycle bin. I just was ... numb? is that the word. lol Numb watching the episodes and was just doing it out of loyalty....
Old 02-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I completely understand how you feel. Clark should have grown stronger, grown up after Jonathan's death. Obviously, they had to let Clark grieve for a period of time, but I don't think that time was long enough. A lot happened to him between the time of Jonathan's death and S6, and it became impossible for him to have that time to grieve normally.

After all the drama of S5 and S6, yes, it was annoying that Clana got back together in S7. Clark still couldn't tell her his secret and had to let her go. She went to Lex and the most aggravating triangle began. Everything eventually unravelled with Lexana and Lana finally finds out Clark's secret. Lana fakes her own death and leaves the country, but returns and they get back together. Clark thought 'finally, I can live with the woman I've always loved with no secrets,' but Lana was actually keeping one herself that time. It was almost like a role reversal of sorts. After all her talk about Clark not letting her in with his secrets. But yeah, by that point, after 7 long years, the Clana relationship became stale and overstayed it's welcome.

I get what you're saying about the scene when Lana tells him how she could have ever loved him, Clark had made some very poor decisions and not trusting the woman he's supposed to love is I guess, one of them. But then he did eventually decide to trust her with his secret in Reckoning, but something bad happened, she went to see Lex and got herself killed and he believed it was all because he told her his secret so he begs a second chance and doesn't tell her. But then I suppose Lana is not to know that and just believes he never trusted her.

Yeah, I didn't like the episode Promise either. It was tough to sit through. Though I did like the scene with Clark proposing to Shelby. But in all seriousness, Clark wanting to propose to Lana again but this time he hasn't told her his secret (even though she pretty much was on to it by that point) felt somewhat like a retread of Reckoning. He just didn't want her to marry Lex.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice to read your guys thoughts on Smallville.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ We always have a lot to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I completely understand how you feel. Clark should have grown stronger, grown up after Jonathan's death. Obviously, they had to let Clark grieve for a period of time, but I don't think that time was long enough. A lot happened to him between the time of Jonathan's death and S6, and it became impossible for him to have that time to grieve normally.

I get what you're saying about the scene when Lana tells him how she could have ever loved him, Clark had made some very poor decisions and not trusting the woman he's supposed to love is I guess, one of them. But then he did eventually decide to trust her with his secret in Reckoning, but something bad happened, she went to see Lex and got herself killed and he believed it was all because he told her his secret so he begs a second chance and doesn't tell her. But then I suppose Lana is not to know that and just believes he never trusted her.

Yeah, I didn't like the episode Promise either. It was tough to sit through. Though I did like the scene with Clark proposing to Shelby. But in all seriousness, Clark wanting to propose to Lana again but this time he hasn't told her his secret (even though she pretty much was on to it by that point) felt somewhat like a retread of Reckoning. He just didn't want her to marry Lex.

The more I re-watch, the more upset I get with everything. I think this time, the re-watch even completely took any love of Clana I had AWAY.... I usually say the first 3 seasons is when I love them but that's now changed to the first 2 seasons only. All I'm watching is a lies cycle.

Agreed with you on Clana, and it showed at the end of the day it wasn't just Clark secrets, it was just both of them together couldn't work. I just wish they wrote Clark more strong and less obsessive. I wish they wrote him with a bit more respect than being desperate to return to Lana after ALL OF THAT! It got to the point of just not understanding these 2 characters. Both clearly weren't right for each other struggling to make it work.

And a quote I always loved ironically is from Lionel Luthor in a season 7 episode, "Have you ever taken a HONEST look at Lana? Well have you?" And the answer is a no because he fell in love with her at first for superficial reasons and after that, he never looked back. And it's probably why in the longrun I preffered Clark with a Chloe, Lois or even Alicia because I felt he knew who all 3 were and actually admitted to himself their flaws. He knew Lois was a talkative stubborn person before he was with her. He knew that Alicia was obsessive before he got back together with her. Chloe really didn't have any issues, she just loved him too much. But he grew up with her and truly knew her. They were so opened to one another.

When I re-watch, I don't get why he even had a crush on Lana, however, I loved when Clark and Lana shared those emotional scenes from Season 1 when they opened up to one another. Like in the "Pilot" episode at the graveyard. That was a great season because it showed that Clark doesn't know his biological parents and Lana lost hers and both felt so along in this big world.

After all the drama of S5 and S6, yes, it was annoying that Clana got back together in S7. Clark still couldn't tell her his secret and had to let her go. She went to Lex and the most aggravating triangle began. Everything eventually unravelled with Lexana and Lana finally finds out Clark's secret. Lana fakes her own death and leaves the country, but returns and they get back together. Clark thought 'finally, I can live with the woman I've always loved with no secrets,' but Lana was actually keeping one herself that time. It was almost like a role reversal of sorts. After all her talk about Clark not letting her in with his secrets. But yeah, by that point, after 7 long years, the Clana relationship became stale and overstayed it's welcome. So, I wish the writers would've made Clark start falling for her there instead of be a stalker and falling in love that way.

Agree with you on Promise. And jeez how I disliked the way Clark and Chloe were tricked, and that's how Lana officially learns his secret. Lana knew before that but that scene just upset me on all levels.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting Thoughts.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
^ We always have a lot to discuss.
We do!

Yeah, and they finally realised that in S7 that maybe they weren't right for each other. Well, Lana did anyway. But her leaving after she was cured from Brainiac's curse wasn't really from choice, she was forced. And then when she returned in S8 the two couldn't help but to be all over each other again until they were literally forced apart. None of this was free will. Neither of them actually had the courage to say that even though they love one another, being together obviously wasn't working for them. But I wish that was what happened. If Lana didn't have to absorb the Kryptonite, I wonder if they would have that courage to actually admit to themselves that they weren't right for each other all along.

Lionel had a real point there. Though I think Clark did love Lana for other reasons than just superficial though. Back in S1 she was sweet and innocent, friendly, happy. I think Clark admired those traits. And the graveyard scene in particular like you say helped the two form a bond and relate to one another.

Yeah, I hated the way Lana tricked them like that too.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about Clark really loving Lana, for her good qualities.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread