Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Cordelia's outfit is really no better. Those lime green pants Cordelia was sporting were awful. At least Willow had the excuse of her mom picking her outfit for her.
OK, I'll admit. I love her top but those green pants were nagl.

But I think the problem Cordy had was that Willow's outfit looked like something a grade schooler would wear.

link
buffy & willow per season: season 1

“Why don’t we start with, ‘Hi, I’m Buffy,’ and, uh, then let’s segue directly into me asking you for a favor. It doesn’t involve moving, but it does involve hanging out with me for a while.”
“But aren’t you hanging out with Cordelia?”
“I can’t do both?”
“Not legally.”

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 04-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe, but I think that's part of the charm of early show Willow. She looks so innocent

Beautiful gifs
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 04-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Willow always had her own style, for sure.

Aww, cute gif-set!

I watched "Reptile Boy" last night, I like that Buffy could open up to Willow about her feelings for Angel. And I like that Willow was supportive of her. And that she told Giles and Angel how much their actions were hurting Buffy. That was a pretty big thing for the timid Willow. It's cool that they both ended up listening to her and changed their approach with Buffy because of what Willow said. I laughed though when Willow talked to Buffy about how Angel went all "grr" at the frat house. The face she made was priceless.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Willow always had her own style, for sure.

Aww, cute gif-set!

I watched "Reptile Boy" last night, I like that Buffy could open up to Willow about her feelings for Angel. And I like that Willow was supportive of her. And that she told Giles and Angel how much their actions were hurting Buffy. That was a pretty big thing for the timid Willow. It's cool that they both ended up listening to her and changed their approach with Buffy because of what Willow said. I laughed though when Willow talked to Buffy about how Angel went all "grr" at the frat house. The face she made was priceless.
That's what so unique about early-Willow. She doesn't have the confidence or high self-esteem to stand up for herself, but when she feels that Buffy is being treated wrong, she has the bravery to tell off Angel and Giles. It's the same thing with how she stood up to Cordelia for the first time in "The Harvest" when Cordelia talked bad about Buffy.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 04-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Maybe, but I think that's part of the charm of early show Willow. She looks so innocent
I like her early style because it sets her apart and fits her character. It wouldn't make sense for her to be dolled up like a fashionista. (Even tho she wore a ton of makeup all the time, but I'm super into makeup so maybe not every else notices that haha.)

Old 04-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

I completely agree It just shows that having someone new in her life gave Willow some confidence that she could do things
Old 04-30-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Aww that's cute.

Buffy liked Willow right away. (Even though her dress was hideous )
The way Buffy watches her go there, it did seem like they had an instant connection
Old 04-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I remember Joss was saying in a commentary that he would get letters of people complaining/the network, saying Willow should dress/look more like Buffy and he was like "No," that defeats the whole point. Willow is Willow. Buffy is Buffy. Good for Joss.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

I noticed that Willow is the only person who Buffy made an actual choice to get to know. Everyone else -- Xander, Cordelia, Giles, Angel -- approached Buffy and overwhelmed her, but Buffy approaches Willow.

I think Buffy's immediate desire to be friends with Willow might have been an attempt to redeem herself for the way she may have treated someone like Willow in her "Spordelia" days.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 05-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That's an interesting thought, we know that Buffy was shallow, but I can't quite picture her as a bully though....could just be that I don't want to

& I love that Joss said that about Willow, the way she dressed fit her personality, & I love that the show & the network let her style develop & change as she did instead of just trying to make her look like every other young woman on tv....
Old 05-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Can't imagine Buffy being a bully either, but maybe she wouldn't have noticed someone like Willow back then. Either way, it's nice that she saw something special in Willow from the beginning and that Willow felt the same way about her. I think their friendship was something they both needed.

Watched Halloween last night and once again we saw Willow looking after/taking care of Buffy.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I've thought it could be a possibility, but not to the extent that we see Cordelia and Harmony portrayed as earlier on in the series It would have been nice to have a proper novel or comic telling what happened. There's a few comics that tell the story early on, including a rewrite of the movie's plotline, but it's not really enough for us to know what Buffy was like early on.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can't say I really take any of the comics as canon though, I guess we have to figure out our own head canons for ourselves

I could see Willow being the type of person that Buffy would ignore, & not that she would outright bully her, that makes more sense to me....

I love how Buffy helped her in Halloween too, trying to get her dress up all sexy!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I could see Willow being the type of person that Buffy would ignore, & not that she would outright bully her, that makes more sense to me....
Yeah, that's more what I meant. I don't Buffy would have been a bully, but I think she would have looked down upon people like Willow and not really paid them much attention.

"Halloween" is a wonderful episode for Buffy/Willow. I love their sneaking into the library to steal Giles' books.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

That's possible It's hard to say, given we weren't given that much to go on during the show
Closed Thread   Post New Thread