Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh thanks. Hope some mod can fix that.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Oh thanks. Hope some mod can fix that.

Actually a mod doesn't need to fix it, the thread started can just change the thread title... the thread starter is Sophie so she can just change this thread to #7.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay then.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can you rank the Gunn seasons? favorite to least of course.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good question.
Here we go:

Season 3
Season 2
Season 5
Season 4

done

your turn

I didn`t list Season 1 because he wasn`t in it for the most time.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Season 2 - Because of course he became a series regular and we got to see the leader Gunn who slowly progress throughout the season. Great adding JAR as a series regular.

Season 3 - Gunn is still a leader at heart however, his people skills is a lot better and it's beautiful seeing him in love.

Season 4 - I really loved him during this season, I liked his relationship with Fred although I didn't like Fred actions towards him at all. I agree with his dislike for Wesley during the season as well. Nice episode with Gwen as well.

Season 1 -
The beginning of Gunn and I loved him being the on call guy to help out Angel the vampire. lol

Season 5 - We didn't get enough of him at all and I didn't like seeing this weaker version of Gunn for most of the season but luckily things got back on track by the end.

So there's my order.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for your list.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

I love Gunn. I'd probably say s3 was my favorite because he was mellowed out by then and falling in love. But, I there wasn't a season where I didn't like him.

Although, I don't like what was done to him in season 5, so I agree that is the weakest Gunn season. I don't think anyone ever made him feel stupid on the show, so it was weird that he became fixated on having brains. And, I really hate that it indirectly made him responsible for what happened to Fred. Although, seeing him break down as a result of that loss, was a nice emotional stretch for the character and for JAR as an actor.

I was always glad he was one of the last men standing, mortal wound or not.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I love Gunn. I'd probably say s3 was my favorite because he was mellowed out by then and falling in love. But, I there wasn't a season where I didn't like him.

Although, I don't like what was done to him in season 5, so I agree that is the weakest Gunn season. I don't think anyone ever made him feel stupid on the show, so it was weird that he became fixated on having brains. And, I really hate that it indirectly made him responsible for what happened to Fred. Although, seeing him break down as a result of that loss, was a nice emotional stretch for the character and for JAR as an actor.

I was always glad he was one of the last men standing, mortal wound or not.

I can definitely understand that. I guess for me, I didn't dislike him in any episode during Season 2 as well. lol So yeah... I guess I loved seeing the change happen.

I agree with you about Season 5... and I officially disliked Wesley/Gunn friendship as well. I just didn't like most of what he went through during Season 5, and I agree with you on JAR acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Thanks for your list.
No Problemo.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I can definitely understand that. I guess for me, I didn't dislike him in any episode during Season 2 as well. lol So yeah... I guess I loved seeing the change happen.

I agree with you about Season 5... and I officially disliked Wesley/Gunn friendship as well. I just didn't like most of what he went through during Season 5, and I agree with you on JAR acting.
I wasn't initially watching s2 when it first aired, I had stopped for a while after Doyle died. Then I picked it up again at the end of s2, so maybe that's why I automatically jump to s3 as the favorite Gunn season. Because it restored my interest in the show.

Unpopular Wesley opinion-- I never really liked him. So, I'm liable to side with Gunn all the way on most things, including the way Wes acted toward he and Fred.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I wasn't initially watching s2 when it first aired, I had stopped for a while after Doyle died. Then I picked it up again at the end of s2, so maybe that's why I automatically jump to s3 as the favorite Gunn season. Because it restored my interest in the show.

Unpopular Wesley opinion-- I never really liked him. So, I'm liable to side with Gunn all the way on most things, including the way Wes acted toward he and Fred.

Oh okay. Did you ever watch all the episodes of Season 2?
Season 3 Gunn was great though, so great choice.

Well another unpopular opinion, I completely agree with everything you typed.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Oh okay. Did you ever watch all the episodes of Season 2?
Season 3 Gunn was great though, so great choice.

Yes, I went back and watched all of s2 after the fact, but it'll never be my favorite season.

Quote:
Well another unpopular opinion, I completely agree with everything you typed.
Oh, well, than I didn't think there were any others like me. It seems like Wes is most people's favorite character. idgi.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, I went back and watched all of s2 after the fact, but it'll never be my favorite season.

Oh, well, than I didn't think there were any others like me. It seems like Wes is most people's favorite character. idgi.

Oh. Sad. Season 2 is my favorite season and it's the one I watched the most. lol Season 3 is the one I watched the second most and then Season 1. Season 4 is next and I haven't watched Season 5 much at all. I think I watched the full season just once when it was airing live on the WB. I re-watched an selective few though.

Yup there are others like you... he wasn't even close to my favorite character, however, I can say I enjoy him more when I re-watch the episodes more than the first time I watched.

Do you remember what made you a fan of Gunn?
Old 11-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Do you remember what made you a fan of Gunn?
Hmmm, good question. I think I liked him right from the beginning of s3. But, I absolutely adore him in Waiting In the Wings. I think it's adorable how much he ends up loving the ballet.

But, going back to s2, he gradually gets more and more likable over time. At first, he's just the new guy who Wes and Cordy explain everything to, and he sort of blindly goes along with whatever favor Angel needs him to do. He becomes a lot more likable after the three of them have been fired. Karaoke is great, for starters.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See for me I sort of love how Gunn and Angel were just friends. Although I loved the trio, it was great that Gunn just followed with Angel for the right price and of course Angel would help when needed... it was a new kind of dynamic which is why I enjoyed it.

Of course Angel had to leave and kick his crew out for Gunn, Cordy and Wesley could really become close.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread