Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2024, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Oh the caps are awesome!
Old 03-25-2024, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

These go together. Be sure to look at the entire thing to see the all the arts & comic quotes.

I still can't get over the amazing Spuffy we get in the Comics.

My Ultimate OTP got Endgame. I have a lot of bad luck with shipping.

The open ending on the shows was better than what I get even most of the time.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Question for all: Do you believe Buffy and Spike ever would have been a item IF Buffy never died and came back from the dead? Since she truly bonded with him on another level when she came back because of the connection she felt with him that she did not feel with anyone else.
Absolutely. She was already starting to warm to Spike at the end of S5. Her giving him a kiss at the end of Intervention, trusting him to watch Dawn and Joyce--two of the most important people in her life--inviting him back inside her home in 5x22, etc.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will shockingly say that I do not think she would have had a quick enough bond with him. I think her death sort of triggered a closer connection in a shorter period.

Like for example I don't see Buffy having sex with Spike or anything. She had to be in the state that she was in and have the one person who made her feel alive in Spike to make her grow with him especially when he didn't have a soul.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jaime Bee, welcome back! Long time no see.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 03-29-2024, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww Spuffy small moment of afterglow. Spike even told Buffy she was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Jaime Bee, welcome back! Long time no see.
Thanks I remember you but can't remember your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I will shockingly say that I do not think she would have had a quick enough bond with him. I think her death sort of triggered a closer connection in a shorter period.

Like for example I don't see Buffy having sex with Spike or anything. She had to be in the state that she was in and have the one person who made her feel alive in Spike to make her grow with him especially when he didn't have a soul.
Well if Buffy had lived the only way to continue Spuffy was for her to bond with Spike.

Buffy has been through so much trauma already though since she was first the slayer. It's part of what makes it easy to fit Spuffy in about any time frame in fic. They just have to spend time together. It's crazy but opening to Spike comes more nat. to her than with anyone else. I don't think she let even Angel in as much.

I know fanfic can be anything but b/c of their bond coming so easily when they were finally written on the show it's not hard to believe that all Spuffy needed was have time together & the rest would just happen nat. b/c they can connect to each other & have so much in common.

Spuffy are Twin Flames.

So much major stuff Season 5 that I think was already bringing them closer as I mentioned in my last post. I could see Spuffy trying to be friends early on like on the show in Season 6 but the attraction they both felt the more time they spent would just be too hard to resist especially if Spike were to be who Buffy turned to finally grieve over her mother.

It didn't have to get so dark but there still would have to be major angst b/c unless there were a lot of changes like how the show decided to write it. Buffy wouldn't be able to accept being with Spike in a real relationship without a soul.

We would still have this tearing her up b/c Spike must still be considered evil but at the same time we saw Season 7 how powerful their connection was even after the hell they went through.

I don't see why it couldn't have been some lesser evil thing that Spike did though that could have pushed him to want his soul. Like some scheme he helped with ended up hurting Buffy & maybe even Dawn too really bad. Maybe one of them even almost dies.
It makes him feel like he is still a monster after all.

Spike is disgusted b/c hurting Buffy & Dawn would be the last thing he wanted to do. We know they are the only 2 out of all of them he loved & cared about. Maybe then he could see that he needed to able to tell right from wrong to be the good man he wanted to be. That he couldn't do that without a soul.

Buffy of course still pushes him away before this & breaks things off b/c she can't love him b/c she still can't get past the fact he is evil if he doesn't have a soul.

Not when she is supposed to be the the Chosen one that fights it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-29-2024, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Thanks I remember you but can't remember your name.
I never really had a name.

We both used to be part of the anti-B/A thread crew way back. Much fun was had on that thread back in the day. I specialized in writing anti-B/A parodies.

Re Spike, I think feeling that Buffy would not accept him without a soul would have been enough to get Spike to quest for his soul. I don't think it needed to be set off by the AR or any other evil deed. In other words, their breakup could have been enough.

Last edited by sum1; 03-29-2024 at 06:46 AM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 07:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah they could have had a huge confrontation after their breakup and that set Spike off on getting a soul. We really did not need that AR storyline, especially not when it was basically dropped after he got his soul. I get tired of SA being a throwaway plot in a (usually) female character's story.
Kinky-Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree I wish it could have been that easy but I don't feel like these writers would have let it be b/c they wanted something to be a catalyst to make Spike face whether or not he wanted to stay a monster or fight for his soul b/c he wanted to truly change.

Spike being pushed to confront the monster inside of him & fight back was important to the story arc the writers were writing.

Spike wasn't caring about whether he deserved her the way the writers wrote things in Season 6.

We were more or less talking about how Spuffy would have gotten together if Buffy had lived in Season 5 though. Then at the same time trying to think knowing what we know about Canon what could have changed or stayed the same.

It would be easy just thinking of it as writing it the way want without those writing restrictions to just have Spike go fight for a soul & Buffy just accept him.

I'm not sure if that would have been even the Canon I would wanted. The vampire/slayer issues as major angst were diff. along with Buffy's issues being with a vampire again at all after what happened with Angel.

I accepted the AR a long time ago. Plus that it's always gonna be used against us but still it didn't destroy Spuffy b/c look at our fandom.

It's still so active & huge plus getting new fan all the time.

Buffy seems to be hoping the guy that said he was gonna kill her on Saturday might actually be reformed?

Hmm makes me wonder what chance a reformed Spike might have had against Angel at that point.

Did she think he was hot? What was Joss going for here?

Old 03-29-2024, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, she said "Maybe he's Reform." It's a pun on the major divisions of Judaism in America, Reform, Orthodox and Conservative. She's reacting to Giles saying Spike is "unorthodox". Reform are the modernisers, Orthodox are the traditionalists and Conservative are in between. So Reform is "unorthodox". Joss likes to show he knows about other people's cultures, like he does with British stuff all the time.

Last edited by sum1; 03-29-2024 at 11:22 AM
Old 03-29-2024, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I used to be upset over Buffy not accepting him without a soul but haven't thought of that in years. I guess I'm over it. It is what it is, I can still enjoy them as a couple.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Buffy accepted him without a soul a lot more than she admitted to herself. Basically the writers were a bit confused and weren't admitting to themselves what they were writing.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

they did write themselves into a corner at times
Old 03-29-2024, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hence the AR. Joss trying to wrest control of the story. He didn't understand his own story. Big mistake, the AR was the worst thing ever done in the Buffyverse shows. And it was a disservice to fans. Spuffy shippers have had the AR thrown in their faces ever since.

Last edited by sum1; 03-29-2024 at 11:47 AM
Reply   Post New Thread