Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2024, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall into your smile (View Post)
Nice pics of Sarah and James!
I'm glad you like them.

Carmen I can't help but think that looks like Spike just chilling b/c he knows his slayer will take care of anything that's trying to destroy the world.

This a a great read. It's not long.

When Vampires Fall in Love: The Enduring Charm of Buffy and Spike

https://sextoynerdsandra.wordpress.c...ffy-and-spike/

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 09:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Carmen I can't help but think that looks like Spike just chilling b/c he knows his slayer will take care of anything that's trying to destroy the world.
Spike really is the "Buffy's got this" type.

Quote:
This a a great read. It's not long.

When Vampires Fall in Love: The Enduring Charm of Buffy and Spike

https://sextoynerdsandra.wordpress.c...ffy-and-spike/
Thanks for sharing that.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My friend on Insta just made her first Spuffy edit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C41Ih4mIU6F/

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Spike really is the "Buffy's got this" type.

Thanks for sharing that.
He always has been pretty much.

He thought she was so brilliant that she was the reason for the Initiative.

We all need a guy that believes in you the way Spike believes in Buffy.

Why do think Spuffy is still so pop. after all these years?

I think it's partly b/c they are one of the last unique couples on TV.

It's not just enemies to lovers.

It's mortal enemies to something beyond even lovers.

It became a formula for other couples.

What couple before them went through basically ever relationship ship stage there is?

No matter how much they try & redue their dynamic with couples based on them like Damon/Elena Klaus/Caroline Eric/Sookie Hook/Emma just to name a few from Fantasy/SPN shows off the top of my head. Any Hero type & Villain just hooking up goes back to the success of Spuffy.

Spike actually earned redemption though but none of the above did IMO. Even though I can enjoy the first 2 couples.

I actually like most of TVDverse couples.

Logon/Veronica & Chuck/Blair are 2 that are based on Spuffy too even though they are human couples.

LoVe is the best written out of all those IMO. They are one of my all time fave couples.

I read an article a long time ago about all this by the way.

It's was all about the impact of Spuffy on TV.

I know there are more couples I'm forgetting.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-22-2024, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I’m surprised young people watch the show. Personally, I’m not likely to watch a television series made before I was born, I don’t think I could relate
Old 03-23-2024, 05:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't want to watch it with my boyfriend because he didn't watch it much growing up, because as much as I love the show the first few seasons are very 90's. But I am surprised so many younger people are watching Buffy, my brother's girlfriend who was a literal baby when the final season aired is a fan.
Kinky-Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:46 PM
Absolute Fan

It's cool that the show still holds up enough for it to find new viewers.

Right, he did! I forgot about that.

Plus I remember him praising her fighting style while watching the video footage of her in S2.

Also, this moment:

https://spuffygifs.tumblr.com/post/6...btvs-5x22-4x20

Last edited by straws; 03-23-2024 at 12:52 PM
Old 03-23-2024, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Since Buffy got to see Spike's past in the comics does that mean she got to see all these times he showed how much he believed in her even when they were mortal enemies?

I think it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I’m surprised young people watch the show. Personally, I’m not likely to watch a television series made before I was born, I don’t think I could relate
First even before the pandemic if you looked on YT the only shows anyone was making reaction vids to was Buffy & Angel.

Now there are so many more shows though.

Spuffy has been more active than most fandoms that have been airing for years.

Especially when it comes to fanfic.

Many fans of the TVDverse that had never seen Buffy & Angel watched it during the pandemic.

These shows are timeless & are the blueprint for so many modern shows.

Watching old shows is what the new generation is doing a lot now.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-23-2024 at 03:50 PM
Old 03-24-2024, 10:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Since Buffy got to see Spike's past in the comics does that mean she got to see all these times he showed how much he believed in her even when they were mortal enemies?

I think it does!
I would imagine that's true too.

She also would've seen Dru accusing him of loving her too.

Quote:
Spuffy has been more active than most fandoms that have been airing for years.
IA. The Buffyverse is a very active fandom for such an old show. Esp nowadays when people consume and spit out media faster than you can say chew. New shows barely retain fan bases now as everyone moves onto the next hot thing.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Looked at the OP, and it seemed to have gotten messed up a few threads back. Will fix it on the next thread.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I would imagine that's true too.

She also would've seen Dru accusing him of loving her too.

IA. The Buffyverse is a very active fandom for such an old show. Esp nowadays when people consume and spit out media faster than you can say chew. New shows barely retain fan bases now as everyone moves onto the next hot thing.
Buffy really got to see everything Spike had to go through & overcome.

I can't imagine how that didn't make her fall even more in love with him.

I bet she got to feel everything he ever felt for her in all their moments even the attraction that always went both ways that's why it's crazy it took til season 6 for Spuffy to give into.

No wonder they brought down a building then didn't even notice.

SMG/JM always played their attraction.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Question for all: Do you believe Buffy and Spike ever would have been a item IF Buffy never died and came back from the dead? Since she truly bonded with him on another level when she came back because of the connection she felt with him that she did not feel with anyone else.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Question for all: Do you believe Buffy and Spike ever would have been a item IF Buffy never died and came back from the dead? Since she truly bonded with him on another level when she came back because of the connection she felt with him that she did not feel with anyone else.
I feel like it seemed like at the end of Season 5 Spuffy were already starting to bond.

I always thought if she lived they prob. would have started patrolling together & slowly things would have gone from there to a lot of the same that we got but maybe the angst not quite as dark but Buffy wouldn't have wanted to give in to the feelings she had just like in Canon.

The fact that Spike didn't have a soul still I see being her main issue with falling for him.

We still really needed a diff. catalyst for Spike realizing he needed a soul though for him to not only become the man Buffy deserves but something that made him face that he didn't want to be a monster anymore.

I don't think or maybe have forgotten if fans ever did come up with something else that wasn't just him getting one to just be able to be with Buffy.

The show made it a lot more complicated that just that luckily.

You really have to listen to what Spike is talking about in BY & Buffy's speech to him in NLM to get that what he did was face that monster & realize that's not what he wanted to be anymore.

Old 03-25-2024, 05:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Agreed with Jamie's post, in S5 Buffy they already had signs of a connection growing, like when Buffy and Spike were sitting together at her front porch while she was so shaken up about her mother's illness.

I will never like that Joss went with the AR storyline, I understand the purpose of driving Spike to get a soul, but I wish it was not about sexual assault since it was not really handled that well. I don't think Buffy and Spike could have a proper relationship without him getting his soul back, but that is too heavy of a topic to use as a plot device and then disguard.
Kinky-Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Spuffy was a long time coming, based on their chemistry and connection. Way longer than Season 5 even.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy Comics with Caps makes them so much more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Agreed with Jamie's post, in S5 Buffy they already had signs of a connection growing, like when Buffy and Spike were sitting together at her front porch while she was so shaken up about her mother's illness.

I will never like that Joss went with the AR storyline, I understand the purpose of driving Spike to get a soul, but I wish it was not about sexual assault since it was not really handled that well. I don't think Buffy and Spike could have a proper relationship without him getting his soul back, but that is too heavy of a topic to use as a plot device and then disguard.
Spike her mortal enemy well more like reluctant ally by then. Buffy told first about her mom being sick & she didn't even call Riley her boyfriend to tell him.

I always thought that moment is part of why Buffy turned to Spike in Season 6.

First Buffy could have just told him to go away & certainly didn't have to tell him anything but she opened up to him even if it was off screen.

I wish we could have seen their convo. I do think from what we did see Spike did exactly what everybody else wouldn't. I can just imagine the others pressuring Buffy to talk about what was making her so upset but that isn't what she needed. Spike just sat there with her which was what she needed then & in Season 6 early on which is why she went him b/c he was the only one that would let her have peace & just be there for whatever she needed.

We know eventually when Buffy was ready to talk Spike just listened & I think that stuck with Buffy & she remembered this which also goes with Spuffy bond already starting Season 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Spuffy was a long time coming, based on their chemistry and connection. Way longer than Season 5 even.
Agreed. SMG/JM chemistry was so off the charts from the start.

So much that there were shippers from Spike's first episode.

There is a lot of old fanfic that has Angel as Spike's sire long before the show changed it too.

Basically between SMG pushing for Spuffy & pop. in fandom that's why Spuffy happened.

I've always thought Joss wrote Spufyf subtext like with Fuffy & didn't realize it though too.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-25-2024 at 05:02 PM
Reply   Post New Thread