Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
I don't know but I wish I hadn't
I know how you feel. I have really hard time finding good Spuffy fic since I like the Angsty Season 6 fic best.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Jen, you can always try doing what I do every day, I visit the B/S site links everyday, to see who updated.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I seriously think I've read pretty much every Bangel/Spuffy fic there is to be found! I'd love to be proven wrong. No one knows of any new sites/writers?

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess8 (View Post)
Jen, you can always try doing what I do every day, I visit the B/S site links everyday, to see who updated.
I mark them as favourites and then I get an email to see who's updated I think I'm reading about 100 WIPs at the moment.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh I should have thought of that Jen.
Of course that would ruin my set routine.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
I think I'm reading about 100 WIPs at the moment.
I can't even find more than a handful of fics that I'd read past the first paragraph. Haha.

And then there's What You Wish For by Fer1213 which I waited so long for to be updated, only to find myself really disappointed with the outcome when it finally happened. I have sooo many issues with the ending. I'd still recommend it - just don't read the last chapter if you're not a fan of contrite groveling Buffy. Grrrr. Summary: Buffy unknowingly makes a wish. Spoilers up to "Older and Far Away". FINISHED.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebailey (View Post)
I seriously think I've read pretty much every Bangel/Spuffy fic there is to be found! I'd love to be proven wrong. No one knows of any new sites/writers?
Have you read mine, roguebaily? My stuff is a bit odd, and book 2 isn't finished on one (I will someday, I promise, but those with any sort of B/A tendancies can take the ending of book 1 without the need for book 2), but I don't think they are too bad (doubt they would pass the Crack of Doom stamp of approval though - though I can say that "contrite, groveling Buffy" won't EVER show up in my fics, promise on that one). One has both B/A and B/S tendancies (though leans more to B/S), one is B/S in tone via 3rd party, and one is B/S-leaning with some S/Fred vibes (this one is a comedy, and so is different to say the least).

At least they might be something you haven't read yet.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Haha. Call me Rogue And I'm not sure if I've read your shiz...could you put a link in? I'd love to read it. Sounds great.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack of Doom (View Post)
And then there's What You Wish For by Fer1213 which I waited so long for to be updated, only to find myself really disappointed with the outcome when it finally happened. I have sooo many issues with the ending. I'd still recommend it - just don't read the last chapter if you're not a fan of contrite groveling Buffy. Grrrr. Summary: Buffy unknowingly makes a wish. Spoilers up to "Older and Far Away". FINISHED.

I'll add to the 1st post...under B/S I guess?

Last edited by princess8; 07-17-2007 at 06:16 PM
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

^Yup. Always assume it's Spuffy unless said otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Nymph (View Post)
doubt they would pass the Crack of Doom stamp of approval though
I know I'm horrible. Can I use being a typical Virgo (minus the neatness and organization skills) as an excuse for my tendency to scrutinize and pick at stuff to death? *sheepish grin* Being highly critical of everything including ourselves is what we're known for. Though I do remember reading one of your fics ages ago. And yes FYI I did make it past the first paragraph. I think I read the whole thing actually. Eh, who cares about my opinion anyway? Not like I've ever put my money where my big snobby mouth is and written my own damn fic. So who the am I to talk? Haha.

So uhhh would it terribly surprise you if I said I don't entirely mind the idea of Spike/Fred? Not that I'm totally on board but better that than friggin' Spike/Tara if you want to go for easy going and sweet natured anti-Dru/Buffy types. Fred has a bit more layers to her. And you know, isn't a card carrying lesbo? lol
Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack of Doom (View Post)
Though I do remember reading one of your fics ages ago. And yes FYI I did make it past the first paragraph. I think I read the whole thing actually.
I feel honored to be one of a priveledged few then.

Quote:
So uhhh would it terribly surprise you if I said I don't entirely mind the idea of Spike/Fred? Not that I'm totally on board but better that than friggin' Spike/Tara if you want to go for easy going and sweet natured anti-Dru/Buffy types. Fred has a bit more layers to her. And you know, isn't a card carrying lesbo? lol
Hee. I agree - One of my stories has a Tara/Spike semi-friendship, mostly based on a shared sort of secret, but that's about it, because as you said "card carrying lesbo." As for Fred - I'm not sure mine is entirely canon - she has a bit of a secret kink. Of course she is mainly a mild diversion until Buffy shows up anyway - I'm definitely in the Spuffy camp. It just seems that in my fics, other things get in the way, including Buffy and Spike who don't always do what I want them to. I know, it's my fic, but still they seem to have a mind of their own.

Rogue: - These are old. I haven't written a lot recently, and I'm trying to finish this next one I'm working on entirely before I post (and it's a monster season 3 Spike/Wishverse Buffy fic that is taking me forever to do it justice and get them to a point where I'm happy that the relationship is at least semi-believable), buuuut here are the links I do have, and hopefully the old ones I have written will be new to you.

A Renewed Nostalgia for Nail Polish
summary: There are many, well planned and inspiring stories about what happens to Spike after his sacrifice at the end of “Chosen”. This isn’t one of those stories. some S/Fred and some B/S. Humor, rated probably PG-13

Mortal Questions
summary: A research night at the Magic Box is interrupted by someone who has an interesting story to tell about Spike. hints/memories of B/S. Rated PG-13. Warning: slight Mary-Sue, but on purpose. (Written for a fanfic contest)

In His Shadow
summary: Spike decides he will find out what is wrong with Buffy and find a way to make it right. What he gets isn't quite what he bargained for, nor did he expect Angel to be involved. Starts after “Normal Again.” B/S and B/A with hints of B/A/S, rated very hard R.

In His Shadow, Book2: The Shadow of Angelus
summary: As Angel, Spike, and Buffy adapt to their new situation, an old enemy threatens their happiness. Sequel to In His Shadow. A/B/S (sort of). rated very hard R with some dark themes. Not yet finished.

For those who don't like fanfiction.net, all of the stories can also be found here under Night Nymph... The Crypt
Old 07-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Crack Of Doom:
I read that story link for B/S you suggested. I agree with you ENTIRELY and without question. I really enjoyed some of the humorous aspects of it, and some of the Spike/Faith characterisation was excellent, but....I should have taken your advice and not read the last chapter. Snivelling contrite Buffy?
*gag*
Worth reading, though.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Checking out your fics now, Nightnymph

Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Nymph (View Post)
I feel honored to be one of a priveledged few then.
Aww shucks, please don't. I'm not worthy. Believe me I may be picky but my taste isn't all that great. I've got my guilty pleasures too. One of the WIPs I'm currently following is a fantasy AU Viking!Spuffy fic. Another fic that's on my reading list's a Flowers in the Attic ripoff. 'Nuff said.

Quote:
Snivelling contrite Buffy? *gag*
Why is she the only one that has anything to feel sorry for? The only one that needs to change? It's completely unfair. I honestly expected better from this writer.

Last edited by Crack of Doom; 07-18-2007 at 04:48 PM
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Passionate Fan

"Sniveling, contrite, groveling Buffy" is such a complete contradiction of the character that I don't see how anyone can write her with a straight face. From what I've seen, she usually appears in the "Poor Widdle Spikey" genre, which I detest for any number of reasons, so I haven't seen much of her and I plan to keep it that way.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread