Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey, anyone know of any good recent-ish B/A fics?

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Sorry Rogue, I wouldn't know anything in particular. :O But have you read any B/A fics from this archive? Sublime Looks good.

On to the Spuffy recs (with a special emphasis on S2 for those of us with an evil Spike kink):

Let's Get Lost by Herself is finished. But there will be a sequel. Summary: A slayer on the run from her duties, and a vampire on the run from his soul, meet up in summertime Manhattan, 1997 ... and like everyone else in summertime Manhattan, head out to the East End of Long Island ....

Persephone by Botias. Summary: This is a crack!fic whence the whole point is for virginal season 2 Buffy to get it on with ebol, unchipped season 2 Spike. Onward to that special hell. WIP

Jaime, so I gave you the link to the smutty chapter in Rikko_oko's fic. Did you read it? Anyway here it is again: Downward Spiral - Chapter 7 Summary: Season 2 Post Innocence. After overhearing a secret meeting, Buffy learns that Angel is not the only one who’s abandoned her. With her whole world turned inside out, Buffy finds an anchor in the least likely of places. A B/S Season 2 fic that goes vastly AU after the cupcake scene in Innocence. WIP

The Price of Grace by Salieri. Summary: For the Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Ficathon. This is written for denny_dc, whose particular kink request was "angst and romance". She also requested "good writing, metaphor and plot". A pretty hefty burden, so I hope I succeed. This takes place post-NFA (I know, a big shocker for me) and is rated R (although it may be getting into NC-17 territory in some chapters). WIP

The Point 2/2 by Dettiot. Spoilers: Primarily "The Wish", "Dopplegangland", and "Superstar", but pretty much spoilers for the whole series. Written for thedeadlyhook, for the Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Kinkathon. The request was for time travel or alternate universe, Willow doing magic that goes wrong, and an eeeevil alter ego. Um, I got the first two in . . . Finished.

Vengeance by vikingprincess and virtualpersonal. Summary: When a rebellious Saxon slave is brought to an isolated Viking settlement as a prize of war, captor and captive engage in a battle of wills that may end in death. Can they overcome their heritage of enmity, and their personal reasons for hate? Or are their lives destined to follow the path of… Vengeance? Saxon Rebel. Viking Warrior. Vengeance. WIP. Yes, I know, Vikings? But if you like fantasy AU Pirate fic, you'll probably like this.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Crack of Doom Thanks for the link, I'll go ahead and add the B/A achieve and the finished Spuffy fics to the 1st post.
Just let me know when the others are finished, and I'll add them too.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Crack of doom: (is this what you prefer to be called, or do you have a shorter name? Just curious.)
-before I go to your fic links, did you write the spuffy ones? If so...kudos! I'll be sure to let you know what I think of them. If they are not yours, do you have a link for a site of yours if you DO write fanfic? I imagine yours would be some of the better ones, if you do write...
And thank you for acknowledging my B/A request. I know a little piece of you died doing so.

Last edited by Rogue; 07-06-2007 at 03:19 AM
Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebailey (View Post)
Crack of doom: (is this what you prefer to be called, or do you have a shorter name? Just curious.)
Yeah.

Quote:
I imagine yours would be some of the better ones, if you do write...
Heh. You're the second person that's told me that. You guys have a lot more confidence in me than I do myself. Sorry nope, those aren't my fics. But I can tell you they're much better than anything I can come up with anyway.

Quote:
I know a little piece of you died doing so
Not really. I've read a few Bangel fics before. At least I don't have to see DB try to act in them mwahahaha. I would send you the links but I have to remember where I found them first...
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I am honestly shocked that you don't write fics...You really, really should. Even just based on the fact that your spelling is correct-come on, this fact alone puts you WAY ahead of the game of other fanfic writers! Come on...you know you want to...If you do I'll...uh....bring you TWO OF EVERY ANIMAL!

Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack of Doom (View Post)
Sorry Rogue, I wouldn't know anything in particular. :O But have you read any B/A fics from this archive? Sublime Looks good.

On to the Spuffy recs (with a special emphasis on S2 for those of us with an evil Spike kink):

Let's Get Lost by Herself is finished. But there will be a sequel. Summary: A slayer on the run from her duties, and a vampire on the run from his soul, meet up in summertime Manhattan, 1997 ... and like everyone else in summertime Manhattan, head out to the East End of Long Island ....

Persephone by Botias. Summary: This is a crack!fic whence the whole point is for virginal season 2 Buffy to get it on with ebol, unchipped season 2 Spike. Onward to that special hell. WIP

Jaime, so I gave you the link to the smutty chapter in Rikko_oko's fic. Did you read it? Anyway here it is again: Downward Spiral - Chapter 7 Summary: Season 2 Post Innocence. After overhearing a secret meeting, Buffy learns that Angel is not the only one who’s abandoned her. With her whole world turned inside out, Buffy finds an anchor in the least likely of places. A B/S Season 2 fic that goes vastly AU after the cupcake scene in Innocence. WIP

The Price of Grace by Salieri. Summary: For the Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Ficathon. This is written for denny_dc, whose particular kink request was "angst and romance". She also requested "good writing, metaphor and plot". A pretty hefty burden, so I hope I succeed. This takes place post-NFA (I know, a big shocker for me) and is rated R (although it may be getting into NC-17 territory in some chapters). WIP

The Point 2/2 by Dettiot. Spoilers: Primarily "The Wish", "Dopplegangland", and "Superstar", but pretty much spoilers for the whole series. Written for thedeadlyhook, for the Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Kinkathon. The request was for time travel or alternate universe, Willow doing magic that goes wrong, and an eeeevil alter ego. Um, I got the first two in . . . Finished.

Vengeance by vikingprincess and virtualpersonal. Summary: When a rebellious Saxon slave is brought to an isolated Viking settlement as a prize of war, captor and captive engage in a battle of wills that may end in death. Can they overcome their heritage of enmity, and their personal reasons for hate? Or are their lives destined to follow the path of… Vengeance? Saxon Rebel. Viking Warrior. Vengeance. WIP. Yes, I know, Vikings? But if you like fantasy AU Pirate fic, you'll probably like this.
What link?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I have to admit, Let's Get Lost is probably the best S2 B/S I've read. And I'm glad to see Salieri has another story going.

And I'm actually going to rec a story myself, for once. It's a WIP that apparently doesn't get updated very often, but has an at least semi-plausible plot and most importantly excellent characterizations, even for the minor characters. Post-NFA and Chosen, and appears to be heading in a B/S direction if that's important to you.

Can't link directly to the story since it's on fanfiction.net, but it's easy enough to find if you use the search function. Author is Lady Kate, title is All The Things That Are Lost.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Ragnarok

I found a link to All The Things That Are Lost by Lady Kate that Ragnarok recommended.

I'll be happy to add it to the 1st post if someone could let me know when it's completed.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm very impressed. I have no idea how you found that, but well done.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Passionate Fan

It was really no biggie cause all I did was google the story.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah, Google. What would we do without you?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess8 (View Post)
It was really no biggie cause all I did was google the story.
I did that for someone too on the CX thread. It's so easy to find a story on Google if you know the name and author.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Passionate Fan

But of course if you don't have either the title or author...then you have to just cross your fingers and hope someone recognizes what you're talking about.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

Jen how could you have read everything?
I don't know but I wish I hadn't