Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Not really because he was really pass all of that, however I loved that the readers got to see how tough it was for him growing up how it did since we got to see the world Connor grew up in. I believe the characters who went with him were Willow, Faith and Angel.... probably Gunn? I forgot who that 5th character was but he's more mature and continued that season 5 development.
That does sound pretty good, I wish we could have seen it on the show
Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It was, I think I even posted some screencaps here of it if I recall. lol It was good because I think everyone got to truly see how terrible it was for Connor growing up.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think I remember that you did, it helped everybody understand him better
Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was reading aninterview from VK and.... yeah I think we can all agree with him.
Quote:
The Scanner: Speaking of Angel, you played a fairly divisive character on that series as well—Angel’s sullen offspring Connor. Were you aware of the strong feelings that character generated?

Kartheiser: I knew people were reacting really strongly to Connor, but I didn’t know why because I didn’t know the show’s history. To me, the character lost its thrill about four episodes in. From there on out I felt like I was doing the same scene over and over and over. Every week I’d show up and have a scene with Cordelia, then Angel would show up and I’d have some sort of conflict with him. There’d be a couple of fight scenes where I’d fight with them even though I didn’t want to and then I would sulk and leave. That to me was every episode. Ultimately, they wrote him into a corner. There was nowhere for him to go. I think the majority of the fans really hated Conner and really hated me and getting me off the show was the highest priority. And I don’t blame them.

Source
And he pretty much nailed it about why people hated the character... unfortunately VK had to deal with that hatred. The writers just screwed him so much.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just think that people are just plain ignorant, and need to understand him more with sympathy.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well from the interview you can see that even VK wasn't a fan of how Connor was written.

I can understand Connor now but I'd be lying if I said he didn't upset me when I was watching live as a teenager. He was really an annoying character for me to watch.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It sucks when people can't tell the difference between the character & the actor playing them

I completely agree with what he said about the writers writing him into a corner, it was as if they didn't really know what to do with him & just kinda made it up as they went along...
Old 06-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ Well from the interview you can see that even VK wasn't a fan of how Connor was written.

I can understand Connor now but I'd be lying if I said he didn't upset me when I was watching live as a teenager. He was really an annoying character for me to watch.
Now I feel bad for him.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
Now I feel bad for him.
I do as well. Upsetting he didn't get to portray a better written version of Connor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It sucks when people can't tell the difference between the character & the actor playing them

I completely agree with what he said about the writers writing him into a corner, it was as if they didn't really know what to do with him & just kinda made it up as they went along...
I agree. VK ain't Connor so fans need to chill with that nonsense.

VK was correct on everything he stated which is why although I appreciate Connor more during the rewatches, I won't prtend that I wasn't frustrated with him when I first was watching live....

And as I even mentioned to you during the live watches, some stuff didn't make any sense to me like Connor (at first) knowing about Jasmine the whole time and sticking by her side although when he first came to the series, he loved HUMANS! he wanted to protect humans and he was against everything that was vampires or demons. So, you expect me to believe after how his whole life was that he'd know Jasmine true idenity the whole time and stick by her side?? His speech was amazing about how his life was built around lies so he preferred to live in a lie where Jasmine can make the world great again.

However, even when I disliked Connor before evil Cordy, I can always rely on him to protect the humans.... and they completely changed that whole thing. Especially when Evil Cordy was trying to get him to kill the girl that Connor knocked out. SMH!
And than Connor being okay with Jasmine eating people...

How much terrible writing can one character take.

I felt even as bad as it started for him in season 4, they could've turned it around with the Jasmine storyline or actually starting in the "Inside Out" episode when he sees his mother.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ICA, Connor was a bit intense & weird to other people, but he did always protect them when he could, you wouldn't think that anything could stop him from acting that way...

& he was so good in Inside Out!

I think it really shows just how messed up his mind was at that point, & it would have been a good time for him to turn things around, I'd never really considered that before
Old 06-24-2019, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was disappointed when he didn't show up for the reunion.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
I was disappointed when he didn't show up for the reunion.
Sure it's not his fault, seemed like EW only cared to get the Core 4 in the cast... I felt a lot of people were forgotten about. I felt Julie Benz was the one that got me most upset... she should've been there.

I would've loved to see a photoshoot of the family of VK, David and Julie.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was disappointed with no Julie, Vincent, Juliet, Christian Kane, Stephanie, Sarah Thompson, Eliza, and some others weren't there.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I would have loved to see Vincent there too, but I'm glad that they at least talked about his character
Old 06-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was very upset we didn't wasn't there. It would have been so great to see a David, Julie and Vincent pic
Closed Thread   Post New Thread