View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:07 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
Now I feel bad for him.
I do as well. Upsetting he didn't get to portray a better written version of Connor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It sucks when people can't tell the difference between the character & the actor playing them

I completely agree with what he said about the writers writing him into a corner, it was as if they didn't really know what to do with him & just kinda made it up as they went along...
I agree. VK ain't Connor so fans need to chill with that nonsense.

VK was correct on everything he stated which is why although I appreciate Connor more during the rewatches, I won't prtend that I wasn't frustrated with him when I first was watching live....

And as I even mentioned to you during the live watches, some stuff didn't make any sense to me like Connor (at first) knowing about Jasmine the whole time and sticking by her side although when he first came to the series, he loved HUMANS! he wanted to protect humans and he was against everything that was vampires or demons. So, you expect me to believe after how his whole life was that he'd know Jasmine true idenity the whole time and stick by her side?? His speech was amazing about how his life was built around lies so he preferred to live in a lie where Jasmine can make the world great again.

However, even when I disliked Connor before evil Cordy, I can always rely on him to protect the humans.... and they completely changed that whole thing. Especially when Evil Cordy was trying to get him to kill the girl that Connor knocked out. SMH!
And than Connor being okay with Jasmine eating people...

How much terrible writing can one character take.

I felt even as bad as it started for him in season 4, they could've turned it around with the Jasmine storyline or actually starting in the "Inside Out" episode when he sees his mother.