Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
Even the 'and they all died and went to heaven together' type? (God, it sounds even more ridiculous when I read it aloud). Joss isn't known for taking the easy way out of things, so I really can't picture him giving Buffy this kind of conclusion. lol
But Joss wouldn't focus as much on the connection between the characters. He's more into understatement. Still not in love with the Lost ending huh?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Here are all the updates on Buffyverse comics from when I was away for two weeks.I was on a trip overseas.

Buffy Season 8

Jane Espenson on the Riley One-Shot and preview pages.

Espenson on the Life of (Buffy's) Riley - Comic Book Resources

Espenson on the Life of (Buffy's) Riley

by Shaun Manning, Staff Writer

The twisting story of Buffy Summers's former lover Riley Finn continues in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8: Riley," a one-shot by "Buffy" TV alum Jane Espenson and artist Karl Moline shipping in August from Dark Horse. Riley has played a significant behind-the-scenes role in Season 8, seemingly aligned with Twilight against the Slayer army but later revealed to have infiltrated the Big Bad's camp on Buffy's behalf. Of course, given that Twilight himself turned out to be Angel, another of Buffy's heroic exes, the line between good guy and bad guy, good spy and bad spy, would seem to blur even further. The one-shot promises to reveal more about Riley actions throughout the Buffy's first season in comics, and CBR News spoke with Jane Espenson about the issue.

Riley Finn, played by Marc Blucas, was introduced in the fourth season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as a seemingly-normal love interest for Buffy's college days. As it turned out, however, Riley was in fact a super soldier in the employ of covert government agency the Initiative, and once his (and the Slayer's) secret came out, the happy couple fought demons and vamps together. Riley's de-powering during Season 5 and proportionally enhanced insecurities scuttled their relationship, though he would come to Buffy's aid twice more before the end of the television series' run.

In Espenson's "Retreat" story arc, Riley was revealed as a double agent for the Slayer army, having infiltrated Twilight's camp to discover the secrets of his operations. But the writer said how Riley got to this point and what he'd been up to prior to this would form "the heart of the one-shot." "You'll see exactly what he's up to and with whom he is up to it," Espenson said. "My original notion was to open the issue with images that call to mind the art of Grant Wood and end with images pulled from Paul Gauguin. Things changed, the story naturally evolved, and that didn't really happen."

As to how Riley might have approached Twilight, gained his trust, and so forth, Espenson indicated the chain of events may not have been so straightforward. "I felt there were a lot of options about who approached whom and in what order. Buffy, Riley and Twilight were all jockeying for ground in those early days."

Buffy has called on Riley in some dire circumstances before, naturally in the course of their courtship during seasons four and five but also occasionally in the time since their less-than-amicable split, notably in season 7 when Buffy asks Riley to arrange for a defective control chip to be removed from Spike's head. CBR asked Espenson why, given their history, Riley so reliable answers the call when Buffy needs him. "It's an interesting question. Personally, I think he still has very deep personal feelings for Buffy, but I would note that it's also interesting to ask the question, 'why wouldn't he answer the call' - like, what would prevent it?"

With the reveal of Twilight as Angel, there of course have been questions about his methods as well as his motives. But, we asked Espenson, is it possible that Riley, as a double agent, might have been struggling with some issues similar to those we can expect Angel might have been facing? "You raise an interesting notion of drawing a parallel between the two men," she said. "Like...what are the ways in which they react similarly to these pressures, and the ways in which they react differently? I like that."

"Buffy Season 8's" paramilitary setting would seem to play well with Riley's established character, though ultimately Buffy sees Riley's greatest value as a spy rather than as a trainer or commander for her Slayer army. "This is speculation on my part, but it may be that others were competent to train the Slayers," Espenson said of Buffy's motivations, "while Riley was uniquely positioned to act as spy."

The espionage trappings of the Riley one-shot differ significantly from the type of stories Espenson had been telling in the comics so far, most obviously in the case of the Harmony stories but differing also from what readers saw in "Retreat." "I love mixing things up, getting to play in different genres," Espenson said. 'Buffy Season Eight' has allowed me huge freedom to write different kinds of stories. It's not so much that I was thirsty to write spy-type action, but that I was hungry for that variety. And the spy action did turn out to be a blast. It's really well-suited to the demands of this kind of writing, where the visual is so important."

This near to the conclusion of "Season 8" - the final, Joss Whedon-penned story arc begins after the "Riley" one-shot - CBR asked Espenson whether the issue will shed any light on the remaining mysteries and the things we still don't know. "I only know what I don't know," she joked. "No, wait. I totally don't know what I don't know!"

Riley's secrets are explored in August's one-shot

EXCLUSIVE: A look at Espenson's Riley-themed one-shot

Slayalive interview with Scott Allie.The Buffy parts.

SlayAlive - EXCLUSIVE Allie on Serenity and Buffy S8

[SPOILER] EXCLUSIVE Allie on Serenity and Buffy S8

With the recent release of a new Serenity book ("Float Out") and the up-coming Riley one-shot and Joss' finale on Buffy Season 8 on the horizon, I thought it was fitting to touch base with editor Scott Allie. Scott was gracious enough to answer a few questions from me and a few SlayAlive members. Onward then...

Back at ECCC 2010, you stated that 2011 was going to be the year that Joss’ projects got some aggressive promoting. Other than the follow-up to Buffy Season 8, do Whedonverse fans have anything else to look forward to?

SA: Nothing I can say right now except that Season 9 is shaping up to be bigger than I’d imagined. I think we’ll be announcing a few things at San Diego, but nothing before then.

So… I guess we should talk about the up-coming Riley one-shot coming out in August. How did you guys decide that Riley’s story was the one worth telling?

SA: Quite simply, we needed something to fill the hole in the schedule, and we talked through a bunch of options, including a sequel to Goddesses and Monsters and another Tales of the Vampires oneshot, or even a two parter. We talked about an Angel/Twilight oneshot that would fill in some perspective on him. We were looking at things that needed some explanation or context at this point in the story, and we felt that Riley had some unanswered questions that we wanted to answer, and which would not be answered in the final arc. We didn’t want to retread ground covered in the other oneshots, and we didn’t want to deal with Angel too much outside the regular monthly—that’s the place for that info, for the most part. But that’s basically the thought process. We certainly didn’t say, Which character could we sell the most copies of, who are the fans really dying to see more of. We thought this served the overall story.

How did you arrive at the decision to have Jane Espenson write the Riley one-shot? What qualities do you see in Jane as a writer that makes her scripts work?

SA: If you have Jane Espenson’s phone number, you call Jane Espenson. I love working with Jane. She has all the qualities I want in a writer. I love her. I worship her. I can’t live without her.

Back in the day, you mentioned that a contender for the one-shot would have been a Tales of the Slayer-type story, possibly from either the perspective of a Slayer that was not enrolled in the Slayer army, or more interesting still, Simone, our resident pink mohawked troublemaker. Are these still stories that we’ll see one day, or is that door closed?

SA: This won’t happen within Season 8, but it’s all on the table still for Season 9. Simone won’t get dealt with in Season 8, but she won’t be forgotten.

Back to the Riley one-shot. CBR released some preview pages today, and they were quite intriguing. We first see Riley and Sam in some idyllic provincial area, cornfields and all (Iowa?), and then suddenly, there’s some kinda secret military base with a giant missile or something. The shock factor kinda feels like the Initiative, but on a grander scale. Which leads me to my question: Aside from covering the expected bases (i.e. what happened to Sam? How did Riley end up being a double-agent? etc), can we expect any shockers to unfold?

SA: I don’t wanna promise shockers, but it’s way more than a fun Mission: Impossible romp with Riley and Sam. It’s beautiful character stuff from Jane, and it does pull together some of the most important material in Season 8. For careful readers, there’s a lot to think about in the oneshot, in terms of the bigger themes and problems of Season 8. And there’s a character who’s never appeared before in Season 8, who I was happy to bring into it. I know some fans are gonna say, “Goddammit, you guys will shoehorn in EVERYONE but MY favorite character ________,” but what it came down to was that we had an empty space in the story that required a certain kind of character, and we talked about how to introduce such a figure, and realized there was someone who made perfect sense to have a small role in Season 8, in this one particular bit of business. We didn’t set out to reintroduce this character, this character just made too much sense.

Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions, Scott. Also, for those of you interested, SlayAlive is also currently running a Buffy Season 8 art competition with some sweet prizes courtesy of both Georges Jeanty and Dark Horse Comics. For more details, check it out HERE.

SlayAlive - Win some FABULOUS Buffy S8/Dark Horse prizes!

Wonder who the character who hasn't appeared in season 8 up to this point but will have a small role coming up will be?

Buffyfest reveals title of final season 8 arc via Scott Allie.

Buffyfest: Scott Allie Confirms Title of Whedon's Last Arc for Season 8

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scott Allie Confirms Title of Whedon's Last Arc for Season 8

Super Scott Allie just confirmed to us that the last arc of season 8 penned by Joss Whedon will be called "Last Gleaming". Scott also told us exclusively, "We were originally going to call it 'Sunnydale' until Joss came up with this."

Let the speculation begin!

"Last Gleaming" as in "Twilight's last gleaming",I assume.The original title for the final arc,"Sunnydale" is interesting too.

Angel line from IDW

Cover to first issue of the Spike montly plus major spoiler teaser from Chris Ryall's blog.

Vegas, baby RyallTime Blog

Vegas, baby

Posted by: ryalltime | June 6, 2010

This seems an appropriate image to post today, since I head out to Las Vegas tomorrow for Licensing Show all week.

This is the b&w cover art to the coming SPIKE ongoing series from Lynch and Urru. The series launches in October and as you can see from the art here, takes Spike from LA to Vegas, from hanging with Illyria and Angel to re-uniting with people like Beck, Betta George, and Tok (from the assorted Lynch/Urru SPIKE miniseries).

The series will also feature an appearance by a popular Whedonverse character who’s only ever appeared in the BUFFY comics (and her own one-shot there, if that hint wasn’t enough before).

Hmm

The series will also feature an appearance by a popular Whedonverse character who’s only ever appeared in the BUFFY comics (and her own one-shot there, if that hint wasn’t enough before).

Has to be Willow.Wonder if this will tie-in to season 8 and where Spike's ship in Buffy Season 8 #35 came from.Willow also seemed to recognize it.So Willow appearing in the Spike montly might explain how.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Audio interview with Bill Williams on Spike:The Devil You Know minieries.First issue is out this week.

League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen - June 11, 2010 - The Spill Movie Community

They talk about the whole IDW/Dark Horse issues and Bill Willingham's outburst about season 8.Williams also touches on his posts here at the IDW board.

He would love to do a Eddie Hope 4 issue miniseries.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks

at Bill saying he wanted to shoot Vincent for ruining Angel.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But Joss wouldn't focus as much on the connection between the characters. He's more into understatement. Still not in love with the Lost ending huh?
I've let it go now (or at least I like to think I did ). I know why I loved Lost and none of the reasons were present in the finale. I know a lot of people loved it, and I respect their opinion, but I have my own view of the ending and it'll never change. It's a matter of principle to me.

Thanks for the info comic fan!

Quote:
So true, that's the one thing I like in all his shows.
I agree Amy, that's why I enjoyed Joss' shows as well!
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Addicted Fan

DARK HORSE COMICS FOR SEPTEMBER

Comics Continuum: Dark Horse Comics for September

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #36:

Written by Joss Whedon, penciled by Georges Jeanty, inked by Andy Owens, colored by Michelle Madsen, covers by Jeanty and Jo Chen.

"Last Gleaming," part 1 of 5. The Big Bad -- Twilight finally stands revealed, and it's tearing the Scoobies apart, testing the limits of their friendship.

Seems like a perfect time for Spike to come back.

Joss Whedon writes the final five issues of Buffy Season 8, taking his greatest characters to places only he can take them! Teamed with series artist Georges Jeanty, Joss counts down to the biggest Buffy final ever -- and it starts right here!

40 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 1.

1 FOR $1: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

Written by Andi Watson, penciled by Joe Bennett, inked by Rick Ketchman, colored by Guy Major, cover by Art Adams.

Buffy Summers is not like other girls. She's been chosen to save the world from the vampire plague, and balancing saving the world with high school is no easy task.

28 pages, $1, in stores on Sept. 8.

This is a reprint of the first issue of the old non-canon Buffy series.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please do not fail me on Sept 1st Joss Whedon.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel:Barbary Coast #3 and Spike:The Devil You Know #1.Both are out tomorrow.

Comics Continuum: IDW Publishing First Looks

IDW PUBLISHING FIRST LOOKS

FIRST LOOK: ANGEL: BARBARY COAST #3

Angel: Barbary Coast #3 will arrive in stores on June 16 from IDW Publishing. The issue is written by David Tischman, with art by Franco Urru and covers by Urru and Frank Stockton.

Here's how IDW describes the issue:

"Earthquakes. Dragons. Angel. Everything comes to a shattering conclusion as Angel's attempt to 'cure' his newfound soul comes crashing down along with the rest of San Francisco. Plus, an old enemy shows just how long they've been watching him. Did we mention a dragon?"

Angel: Barbary Coast #3 will be 32 pages and will cost $3.99.

FIRST LOOK: SPIKE: THE DEVIL YOU KNOW #1

Spike: The Devil You Know #1 will arrive in stores on June 16 from IDW Publishing. The issue is written by Bill Williams, with art by Chris Cross and a cover by Franco Urru.

Here's how IDW describes the issue:

"While out and about (drinking, naturally) Spike gets in trouble over a girl (of course) and finds himself in the middle of a conspiracy that involves Hellmouths, blood factories, and demons. Just another day in Los Angeles, really. But when devil Eddie Hope gets involved, they might just kill each other before getting to the bad guys."

Spike: The Devil You Know #1 will be 32 pages and will cost $3.99.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Addicted Fan

IDW Angel books for September.

Comics Continuum: IDW Publishing for September

ANGEL #37

Written by Bill Willingham, Bill Williams, art by Elena Casagrande, cover by Jenny Frison. Soul-Eaters. Demon armies. Dusting limbs. Prophecies run amok. The Angel-verse is always a little bit strange. But with Connor's life in danger, Angel has to step up and take back his city. The only problem is that it may be too late.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 22.

SPIKE: THE DEVIL YOU KNOW #4

Written by Bill Williams, art by Chris Cross, cover by Franco Urru. Trading quips along with punches, Spike and Eddie Hope make a last desperate effort to save L.A. and stop some hostile demons from setting up shop with their baby Hellmouths. Which is all in a day's work until something goes horribly wrong.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 8.

ANGEL: BARBARY COAST

Written by David Tischman, art and cover by Franco Urru.

A recently souled Angel is on a quest for a "cure" in San Francisco when, of course, something goes horribly wrong. Seeking out a Chinese healer, Angel encounters a mysterious girl with a strange tattoo, and quickly learns that life in early 1900s America is full of surprises...

88 pages, $14.99, in stores on Sept. 1.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview Pages for this week's Angel #34.

Preview: Angel #34 - Comic Book Resources

Angel #34

In the Angel family “like father, like son” takes on a whole new meaning. With prophecies practically falling from the sky, Connor and Angel must figure out how to work together without getting back into bad habits. Meanwhile, Illyria’s newfound interest in the prodigal son starts to get a little weird and the rest of the team wonders just what to do about ex-watcher Laura Kay Weathermill.

I found Illyria's seduction creepy.I do love Connor's reaction.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Illyria reminds me of Anya in S4 Except a creepier version. What's up with Conner and older women?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Addicted Fan

An extra preview page for Angel #34 out tomorrow.

Comics Continuum

Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I have my copy of Angel #34.I think this issue gives us the answer to some of the weird stuff going on in Willingham's run.

I would also say that this issue is the Angel version of the Buffy episode "Where The Wild Things Are" and Buffy Season 8 #34 but played more for laughs.I actually thought this issue was a hoot.

Basically while Illyira is trying to mate with Connor,she's in heat and has been giving off a massive amount of pheromones that have been effecting everyone around her.I get the impression,and I could be wrong,but since Illyira has entered her mating cycle,this has been going on and in this issue it reaches it's peak,pun intended as Illyria finally tries to consummate with Connor due to the short window her mating cycle runs.

So what we got is while Illyria is trying to seduce Connor,everybody else is trying to seduce each other due to Illyria's pheromones being given off.Everybody is trying to have SEX with each other.This issue is SEX,SEX,SEX!Although nothing very graphic(nothing like Buffy Season 8 #34).

So we got Kate and Dez trying to have sex with Angel.It starts out with just Kate and than Dez walks in and wants to get into it for a threesome.At first Angel is trying to fight the effects of the pheromones but eventually gives in.

Kate enters Angel's bedroom.

Angel naked under his covers:What are you doing in my room?

Kate:Sorry for waking you Angel.If you want to go back to sleep.

Angel:No,I should get up for the night,but why are you here,Kate?I can't recall you ever just walking in before.In fact I don't think you've ever been in my bedroom before.

Kate taking off her jacket:Well,I just got off shift and I wanted to talk over the James situation.All my sources have come up empty.We need to find him,soon.Find out what he was up to...why he infiltrated us for so long,posing as an actual angel all the while.And I'd like to discuss your long-range plans concerning Connor.Are you really thinking of letting him continue to run the team?

Kate takes off her gun belt,badge,shoes and begins taking off her shirt.

Angel:All good subjects in need of discussion,Kate,But....Are you taking your clothes off?Why are you taking your clothes off?

Kate in her underwear:Well,as long as we have to spend this time together,why not do it in bed?We've had this unresolved sexual tension between us for so long,percolating like a..no,I think simmering's a better word for it.Simmering like a...my point is,why not just get it out of the way and not have this hanging over our head like a sword of Damocles,hmmmmm?

Angel:Because it isn't professional.I don't want to risk running our working relationship by yielding to a momentary----Hey,That's a great bra.

Kate:Isn't it?I got it on sale from Sweet Boutique on Robertson.Pretty hot,huh?Want me to leave it on or take it of?

Angel thinks about it:Umm...Ah,what the hell.Leave it on.I can remove it later with my teeth.

Angel patting the pillow next to him:Get in here,Honey Biscuit.

Kate:Geronimo

Later in the issue Dez enters.We can't see Angel and Kate,just hear them from a shot of Angel's hotel bedroom window.

Kate:Okay,I think we both agree we should've of done this ages ago.Just promise me this isn't making you perfectly happy.I don't want you losing your soul again because of me.

Angelon't worry,sweetie.This is great,but it's hardly perfect.

Dez in her nighty enters.

Angel and Kate in bed with Kate in the missionary position

Kateez?

Angel:What are you doing in my room?

Dez:Well---Uhm---I found myself suddenly in the mood for---Uh---Do you want company?

Angel looks at Kate with a smile:I'm not sure.What do you think,Honey Dove?

Kate with the same sly smile:Would it make you happy,puppycakes?

While this is going on,we've got Spike trying to seduce and have sex with Laura Weathermill.Like Angel,Laura tries to fight the effects of Illyria's pheromones but quickly gives in.

We go from what we saw in the preview pages with Spike in Laura's room wanting info on prophecy to the very next pages with them and Spike is already stripped and in his boxers.And yes,they have the little red hearts still.Laura makes fun of them.

Laura:Now what are you doing?

Spike in nothing but his heart shaped boxers:Well I've clearly changed my mind,haven't I?You're not really as unattractive as you attempt to be.

Laura embarrassed and trying to avoid looking at Spike:WILLIAM!Put your pants back on,this INSTANT! Put everything back on!Or---Oh hell.What am I thinking----or atleast take those ridiculous shorts off.Try to be more mature.

Spike crawling onto her bed:This is going to present some interesting problems in both process and architecture.

Laura annoyed:Nonesense.You're a vampire with supernaturally enhanced strength,dexterity and senses.If you can't find a way to work around a few obstacles,and still get the job done,than what good are you?

They are talking about the casts on her arm and leg and how to get her clothes off with them so they can screw.

Spike:True.I am just that great.

Laura:Let's just see if we can do this without further injuries,please.And seriously,what's with the ugly shorts?Are you twelve?

From outside a window at the hotel

Laura:Honestly,William,pay attention.If you'd just lift a bit here,you could get my bottoms off without ripping them.

So the hook ups are...

1)Connor/Illyria

2)Kate/Angel/Dez

3)Spike/Laura

Betta George/Laura's polyphemus sphere is even jokingly teased as a joke.

They are the ones who figure out what's going on.

Betta George:What are you doing in my room

'What are you dong in my room' is the joke since that's how every sexual encounter in this issue begins with.Connor says it to Illyira.Laura says it to Spike and Angel says it to both Kate and Dez.lol

Anyway

Betta George:What are you doing in my room

Polyphemus sphere floating into Georges room:Good evening,Betta George.Forgive the intrusion,but I thought we should get to know each other better.Since it looks like we'll be working together in the future.

George:That seems a fine idea-HRRM-Do you prefer MISTER
Polyphemus,or are you comfortable with the more relaxed standards that pertain here.

Polyphemus:Simply Polyphemus suits me fine.

George:Fine then.Forgive the lack of circumspection,but is anything amiss?You seem troubled,than again this is my first encounter with one of your kind.

Polyphemus:Not troubled,no.Just confused.I'm not certain,but I get the sense that there may be a massive amount of sex occurring in this structure tonight.

George:Oh that.That's just a by-product of Illyria being in Heat.She's putting out a truly impressive amount of Pheromones,which seem to be affecting the others.I'm tempted to make a wry Pon Farr reference,but few seem to get my obscure humor.

What puts an end to this is that Illyria misses her shot.Connor wants more time to consider but than immediately gives in to the pheromones but Illryia misses the time frame it had to happen.It had to happen that very moment and Connor's delay in deciding screwed it up.She missed her optimal breeding mode.She now is no longer interested in Connor although in a 1000 years when she can breed again,if he's still around,she would still be interested then.

Illyria:Oh no

Connor confused:Why'd you stop?I give up.I did the best I can.But I can't resist any longer.You're so incredibly hot,I---

Illyria pushing him awaylease quit pawing at me that way,Connor.It's gone.It's passed.

Connor:Huh?

Illyria:We delayed too long.Missed the window of opportunity.I'm no longer in optimal breeding mode.We'll just have to wait for the next occurrence in my cycle.

Connor stares at her.

Illyria:Luckily for both of us,there's a reasonable chance you'll still be alive and fully functional in a thousand years.Barring the unforeseen Apocalypse of course.

Connor:But....? A thousand years?But---

Illyria:Of course I'm capable of non-productive sex until then,But not with you.I hope that doesn't make you feel inadequate and interfere with future arousals.But those qualities that make you superior breeding material don't automatically transfer to my preferred tastes in strictly recreational fornication.

We then catch up to the other couples.

Kate/Angel/Dez

Angel in his bed mortified and covering up while Kate quickly is putting her clothes on and Dez is making a hasty exit.

Angel:So we're all in agreement?We never talk about this,right?

Dez running out the door:Agreed

Kate pulling on her jacket:Not in a million years.

Spike/Laura

Spike sitting on the edge of Laura's bed only in his boxers:What exactly happened here?Strike that.I know WHAT happened,but why?Don't take this wrong,Love,but you're not exactly my cuppa.

Laura with half her top still off:I don't know what caused this,but I know what didn't/It wasn't attraction.I am so completely not interested in you.Believe me,this is going to be investigated.

We also get a little more on Connor's warrior women and the soul sucker who sucks a client's of Angel Investigations soul.This guy stiffed A.I. and she is going to use him to get into A.I.She sucks the guy's soul who will be in her thrall for 24 hours and than die.During the thrall period she will use him to go to A.I. and say he had a change of heart and want to settle up his account.He'll take the soul sucker with him and introduce her as his daughter.And I assume she'll then attack Angel and the gang.

The next part of the Eddie Hope backup was really good.The Eddie/Gunn talk with Gunn as Eddie's prisoner is intense with one hell of a cliffhanger.

I didn't post about it but last week I also got my copies of Angel:Barbary Coast #3 and Spike:The Devil You Know #1.

Angel:Barbary Coast #3

I really loved it.This whole miniseries has been aces.I'm looking forward to more flashback stories.John Bryne is supposed to have a Spike flashback one coming at some point.

Spike:The Devil You Know #1

I liked the first issue.It's pretty clear this is set early in Willingham's run since Eddie mentions his encounter with Gwen so what has effected the characters is still effecting Spike at this point(this week's Angel #34 I think gave some answers on that).I like the idea of the mini hellmouths and more about Spike's and Angelus's past.Especially their time with The Master(I'm still dying for a balls to the wall flashback one-shot or miniseries about Angelus,Spike,Darla and Dru).This seems like a swift little action buddy team-up between Spike and Eddie and I'm glad we are getting some more story with Eddie to flesh out his character.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I was just flipping through my copy of the new Diamond Previews catalog that came out today and to my surprise saw next to the Buffy #36 solicitation a preview page for the issue.It's just one page and it's not online at this point.Hopefully that changes since I can't scan it.

I'll try to describe it with the dialog though.It's basically the origin of how Angel became Twilight intercut with Spike's reaction to the global anti Slayer feelings and the Twilight cult that has formed.

Panel 1

Angel in a park with a old guy jogging behind him and a woman sitting on a bench with bird/pigeon?/crow?(can't really tell what type of bird it is) also standing on the bench.

Old Guy:She has done something marvelous.But it will bring the world down on her.

Woman:Her enemies will come at her from all sides....

The bird(I'm not kidding):...Unless they all stand behind you.

Angel is listening to them

Again,I'm not kidding about the talking bird.

Panel 2

Spike watching a crowd of people with signs that have the Twilight symbol on them.It looks like a rally.A pink haired girl is talking to Spike about it.

Pink Haired girl:That's the symbol of resistance.Some of the slayers victims had it on them.There's a secret sect fighting against the Fascist Slayer Army,and that's their leader's mark.I'm thinking of getting it tattooed on my ankle.What do you think?You are for vampire rights aren't you?I think it's dreadful what they've endured.I do so wish I could get bit.

Spike:Juussst keep talking.

Panel 3

Angel in a shop and a old man is sewing/making Angel's Twilight costume.Angel is holding the mask.

Old Man while he sews:There will be bloodshed.This is inevitable.But you can take her beyond the battle.To a world without war,without constraints.This is your true destiny.Focus her anger.Be the target of her power,and it will come to her.What she feels must be pure;She cannot be distracted by her feelings for you.Until it's time.She cannot know.

Panel 4

Spike in a bed inside what looks like a ship.He's watching something on his laptop.

From the laptop:The only footage of the leader of the so-called "Twilight" cult was taken on a cell phone by a man in Edinburgh who claims to have seen...

Spike:Come on already

Panel 5

Angel pulling on the Twilight mask

The old man:"No one can know."

Panel 6

Spike looking at the cell phone image of Twilight on his laptop.

Spike:OOH,That'd be Angel,then.

That's it.Hopefully this will show up online soon.I did the best I could to describe it. along with the dialog.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure what to think about how Angel became Twilight. Maybe it'll seem better with the arts.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread