Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Addicted Fan

IDW Angel books for August 2010.

Newsarama.com : IDW PUBLISHING AUGUST 2010 Solicitations

Angel #36
Bill Willingham, Bill Williams (w) • Elena Casagrande (a) • Jenny Frison (c)
When L.A. went to hell, everyone thought things couldn’t get any worse. Well, they were dead wrong. Especially now that the new Big Bad is officially out for blood. Meanwhile the magical fall out from The Fall continues to get weirder, and Angel find himself with more enemies than you can wave a sharp wooden type thingy at.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Spike: The Devil You Know #3 (of 4)
Bill Williams (w) • Chris Cross (a) • Franco Urru (c)
Reluctant teammates Spike and Eddie Hope are having a hell of time getting information out of the demon world about their newest nemesis and her agenda. They’re also having a hard time not strangling each other. But a high stakes card game, some new Hellmouth problems, and a really big killer demon, could force them to have to get along in a hurry.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Angel: A Hole in the World TPB
Scott Tipton (w) • Elena Casagrande (a & c)
IDW's series of adaptations of landmark Angel episodes continues with “A Hole in the World,” one of the series' most heartbreaking episodes! Adapting both "A Hole in the World" and "Shells," this five-issue miniseries tells the tragic tale of how Illyria came to fight alongside Angel, and at what terrible cost.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-704-7

Last edited by comic fan; 05-20-2010 at 10:08 AM
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Small version of the Angel #36 cover,

PREVIEWS: The Comic Shop's Catalog! - IDW Publishing Products Shipping In August 2010

Old 05-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Full Georges Jeanty Slayalive Q/A for Buffy Season 8 #35.

SlayAlive - *COMPLETE* Q&A with Georges Jeanty Session 13

Q&A with Georges Jeanty Session 13 *COMPLETE*

Hey all!

Rules are simple: Maximum of three (3) questions per member until I submit your questions to Jeanty. I will post a note to let you know when I send off questions to reopen the floor. As always, there is a possibility of a delay, so thanks for your patience. Keep it clean, keep it civil. Simple right? Entries are welcome until I post a closing post. Questions regarding Twilight NO LONGER HAVE TO SPOILER-TAGGED! (Thank goodness... it was a pain having to make sure that the appropriate questions/answers were spoiler-tagged).

Anyone who's reading this and not a member, I'm accepting questions at wenxina@slayalive.com . Feel free to send me your questions and I'll add them to the queue with credit to you.

Please note that Georges is often not really at liberty to divulge big spoilers, so don't waste those questions here... "No spoilers/comment" is a reasonable response to those.

Alright... GO!

1. bamph: It's not official yet as in Paramount and Marvel haven't sent out a press release, but will Joss directing The Avengers and re-writing the script plus the script for The First Avenger: Captain America impact the last five issues of Season 8 getting out on schedule?Have you noticed a slow down of Joss getting the scripts for the last arc to you and do you think The Avengers gig will delay Season 9 since filming is supposed to start in Feb?

Georges: Most of what you ask about I don't know. I've heard the same rumors and I think it's great that Joss is doing the Avengers movie. How that will affect Season 8 I don't know. I will stay optimistic and hope that Joss is good at juggling.

2. bamph: Would you say issue 35 gives all the explanations we need on things in regards to Buffy, Angel, their relationship,Twilight and what is going on or is there more explaining coming in the last arc?

Georges: Would you say that Joss explains everything? There is a lot of mythology stuff going on here and most of it was proposed by Brad Meltzer. Weaving it into the Buffyverse might take some time, but yes, the last arc deals with the fallout of Issue 34. And there will be fallout.

3. bamph: Last month you said that clothing is going to be more of a statement this issue and in the first few pages we see Buffy and Angel's clothes change as the environment does. How much of the designs is up to you and how much of the designs come from Brad and Joss?

Georges: This is a very fine point. I only made up a couple of those wardrobes. Sharp-eyed Buffy fans will hopefully see the pattern being made with the choice of clothing. It isn't arbitrary; pick up Tales of the Slayers for a hint.

4. AndrewCrossett: Is the General in these issues the same guy who was commanding the tanks in the battle in Tibet? In "Retreat" he seemed like a fairly decent guy, concerned for the welfare of his men, but now he seems to be a mustache-twirling villain type.

Georges: He is the same guy and I don't know. I agree he doesn't have much in the way of character development. We don't spend a lot of time with him therefore I didn't get to draw him much. I can only hope that Joss gives us more to go on with him in the coming issues.

5. AndrewCrossett: Do you know the title of Joss's arc yet?

Georges: No. I don't think he does yet either. I've finished Issue 36 and there's a lot of catching up with that issue in reference to Spike and Angel.

6. AndrewCrossett: Can you give us any clues as to the meaning of the Twilight Symbol without spoiling? I recently heard somebody claim it was a rebus for "over the rainbow..."

Georges: That's still to come, but I can tell you that Buffy got it right.

7. Maggie: Hi Georges,

You've drawn Spike with black nail polish and a bundle of rings. He dropped the nail polish a while back -- is there some reason why it's back?

Georges: I just wanted to give him some texture. He's wearing a slightly different costume now that he's commanding a ship. Only I have to say that seeing that last page in color, I think I might have over done it with the nail polish. I guess in print that's not a very masculine look for him. I don't think I'll be drawing him with the nail polish again.

8. cheryl: Hi Georges, let me start by saying that your art in this issue rocked the house. The expression that you gave Buffy was amazing.

I'm a little confused about what we are supposed to think regarding the creation of Twilight, or maybe I am supposed to be confused at this point? Angel believes that he and Buffy are responsible but Giles believes it was created so they would survive the purging of the earth.. If the latter is true, then the purging would have happened regardless of Twilight being created? Or am I way off base here?

Georges: Thanks! I work oh so hard on the Buffy expressions! While there is more to come about this in Joss's arc, I think Buffy and Angel are more the catalysts for Twilight. There's a lot going on there and hopefully Joss will make it all clear.

9. cheryl: Will we be seeing any other ANGEL characters show up during Joss's arc?

Georges: I think we're gonna have our hands full with Angel and Spike, don't you?

10. cheryl: How much of Joss's arc is written already? Is it finished?

Georges: It's all plotted out. Like I've said, I've finished Issue 36 and am on #37. There's a lot of ground to cover from here to Issue 40!

11. zamolxis: Hi Georges,

Now that we saw the last panel of #35, would you give us a hint for #38 cover? (or maybe show us).
You mentioned in another Q&A "how many characters had spiky hair, Angel, Andrew, and Oz. But never Spike." When you'll have time and if you want, of course, watch S5 of Buffy episodes like "Fool for Love" or "The Gift".

Thanks.

Georges: True. Spike's hair has been in disarray but he's never worn his hair all spiky as a rule, that's what I was commenting on. As far as the cover to Issue 36, I believe Dark Horse released it yesterday. I think it shows that Joss has a sense of humor about all this popularity with Vampires at the moment.

12. sla: Hi, Georges, first I love all the close ups from this issue, great work, specially with Buffy.

My question: I noticed that in the panel when Angel takes Buffy's hand, she's got a ring on it, it's kinda weird, why did you draw it? The design is very simple, but still... oh, and if we look at Spike in the last page (great drawing!) we can see the very same ring on the same finger (I think), just a random situation? There was a lot of accessories like that in this issue. By the way, I loved the Indian sari.

Georges: I think I might have just gotten accessory-happy with this issue. I was being very specific with Angel and Buffy's clothing, so the Indian Sari has meaning if you've read some of the other Slayer books. I like the last page too. Joss said he wanted it to have a Mad Max feel to go along with the dialog.

13. kaan: If you don't end up doing Season 9, what would you like to do next? More franchise stuff? Creator-owned work?

Georges: All of it! I would love to stay with Buffy, but I'd like to do some superhero stuff too. This summer I should have a better idea of what I'm doing right after Buffy. Season 9 comes out in 2011 so that will give me a window of opportunity to do something else if Dark Horse wants me back.

14. kaan: I loved the art in #35, and as other's have said, your close-ups were great. How good are you at judging your own work? Do you know when you've nailed what you set out to draw? Or do you need others to confirm it?

Georges: As you might imagine, I'm my worst critic! I am constantly redrawing stuff because I don't like it. Even with the finished piece more often than not, I have serious issue with it, but thanks for saying that. There was that close up of Buffy where she's surprised in that issue with Dawn as a doll that I thought came out pretty good. Maybe, I'm just getting better. I predict with the last issue I will have nailed all the likenesses! And it only took me 40 issues!

15. kaan and kdeb: Brad said that it was Joss and your idea for the tank/spaceship/whatever it is Spike arrives in at the end of #35. Can you tell us anything about it?
How did you and Joss come up with the design of Spike's 'spaceship'? Is it a tribute to anything in particular? It reminds me a little of the Authority's carrier, or (to go way back in comic book history) Caza's timecraft from Aztec Ace.

Georges: I did the design of the ship but the idea is all Joss. It is currently Spike's mode of travel. I haven't been following him in the ANGEL comics so I don't know where he's been the last couple of years, or where he acquired it maybe the ship is something that was used in the ANGEL title? Oh, maybe he won it in a card game from Lando?!

16. kdeb: Speaking of the Authority, and given that Season 8 has featured so many tributes to other comic books, now Spike has turned up, any chance of a Apollo/Midnighter tribute featuring Spike and Angel? That would be so cool.

Georges: That would be a stretch, but I like your thinking. I don't think there are any other comic tribute covers after #35. It's something I like to do and if an idea hits I'll try it, but nothing presented itself for the last 5 covers.

17. kdeb: Has it surprised you to learn that there are as many Buffy fans invested in the Spike/Buffy relationship as there are in the Buffy/Angel one? Would discovering this influence the way you lay out panels featuring the three characters in future, assuming that it's your choice rather than Joss'? The Spike/Buffy fans have been feeling pretty neglected up to now.

Georges: Well, I won’t speak for Joss, but now that Spike has showed up he'll be there till the end. Whatever your preferences are with Spike or Angel, I think Buffy has made it very clear who she favors. I like them all as characters, I do, but maybe there is supposed to be this eternal triangle between them? Buffy's never been the most level-headed of people. She'd just as soon follow her heart as her head. Now if you're asking me which one of those fellas spends the most time in which place, I have my own theories but I certainly wouldn't speak for the series as a whole. If you love Spike then great, but in reading ask yourself more what Buffy would do with them than what you would want her to do.

18. AndrewCrossett: With Spike's arrival, it looks like they're all going to live in a yellow submarine. Is that another reference to that song, along with Giles's shirt and the creature in the tree from "Living Doll"?

Georges: While it's no secret I've borrowed heavily from the Beatles for certain things, in the case of Spike's ship I can say that's not the case. Joss told me he wanted a steam punk design for the ship but not look like your average ship i.e. Star Wars or Star Trek. I did up quite a few designs for the ship (all of which should appear in future issues of my Sketch book!) and then Joss decided on one. I liked this ship. The propulsion area can move independently of the ship like a rudder on a sea vessel. I'm not sure how much of a role the ship plays in future issues but I hope it sticks around.

19. bamph: Angel is coming off in a negative light still for some over him seemingly wanting to stay in Twilight even after seeing what's going on back on the lower plane. Buffy convinces him to come back with her to help her. My interpretation of this whole thing is that Buffy convinces him that he's wrong,that he realizes he was wrong and the reason he goes back with her is because it's the right thing to do. Others feel he only goes back because he's just following Buffy.

Can your give your take on these sequences above and Angel's mindset from seeing what's going on in the lower plane and closing the tear in Twilight trying to convince Buffy to stay to changing his mind and returning with Buffy to help? Is Angel back on the road to redemption in your mind?

Georges: I think Angel was acting as selfish as anyone of us would in a situation where you could finally live out your life with your soul mate in total bliss. I mean, think of it, wouldn't you feel a little bias against disrupting something that you know could be so good with the girl (or boy) you've always wanted but could never really have? That's where I think Angel was coming from. It was damn near his duty to try his case with staying in Twilight. If I were Buffy I'd be offended if he didn't at least try. But, Angel's also pragmatic. All those years walking the earth has given him a keen sense of reality, and in doing so, he knows who Buffy is, what she stands for and ultimately what she wants. It would be foolish to try and force her in Twilight, knowing that her friends were in peril, Angel knows he would never truly 'have' her to himself as long as some part of her knew her friends were in trouble and she could help. So what do you do? Do you let her go and do some more wondering? No. You smile that dangerous good-looking smile and you join in the chaos!

20. bamph: The sequence where Buffy and Angel return to the lower plane hand in hand and the immediate moments proceeding that were great lovely moments for the Buffy/Angel ship. Especially them telling each other how much they miss each other.

Plus the moment they arrive back on the lower plane together in the splash page kicking demon butt together. I think for B/A shippers, this whole sequence was significantly great to see. Can you talk a little about drawing these moments and what went into them? Any specific direction from Brad and Joss?

Georges: This issue was certainly done in beats. Buffy and Angel in the great beyond talking was the steady rhythm while the chaotic action happening on earth the constant drum beat. Once those two came together it’s a wild rave (I'm thinking of 'James Brown is Dead' from L.A. Style) for the rest of the issue. The structure was obvious. Last issue was the Sex issue. This issue is the conversation you have after sex. I drew all the talking scenes together and all the fighting stuff later. Now that Joss has taken over the writing chores, don't think things are getting wrapped up in a neat little bow...

21. bamph: What do you think Buffy/Angel shippers should feel now after issue 35 and what's coming up and with the arrival of Spike on the scene now? Be as vague as you want.

Georges: Afraid. Be very afraid.

22. lmblack21: Hi Georges!

Your artwork with Buffy/Angel was just lovely and I especially like the closeups. I love the way Buffy looks at Angel and the way he looks at her.

You've depicted them (to me) looking at each other with both love and sadness (typical B/A) and the issue really was a lovely, if slightly melancholy gift to B/Aers.

On to my questions!

I'm hoping we'll still get some moments with Buffy/Angel in the coming Joss arc as I feel like we didn't get as many questions answered as I expected in this issue, can you talk about that at all ie: will it be all action now or will Buffy/Angel get some moments to themselves to talk about what's happened and what it means now and for the future of any relationship (if that's even possible anymore) now?

Georges: Well thanks! It's always good to hear that! When Joss came on board for the last 5 issues he's already started to tie up loose ends. I won’t say you're going to get all the answers you wanted, and really with Joss do you ever? But you will get a resolution to Season 8.

23. lmblack21: With the arrival of Spike there are new questions. I see someone already asked about his punkish appearance, but my question is more about how he knows what he knows. I'm assuming we'll be told how he came to have knowledge of Twilight, etc, is it your understanding that this will be a story point and as part of that, can we assume he'll find out about Buffy and Angel reconnecting and his feelings on that?

Georges: Oh yeah. Spike knows, and personal feelings aside, he has to confront Buffy about it. I can't say much more, but you'll get some closure.

24. lmblack21: Concerning Angel, I was a little bit surprised that he was so willing to give up Earth (and his own family) for paradise with Buffy. I do believe he loves Buffy and has always wanted most to be with her (and same goes for Buffy to Angel) but the idea that he would let everyone perish including presumably Connor is a bit unsettling. Can you talk about that at all? Will we get more answers with regard to Angel, what's going on with him in his mindset, etc?

Georges: Funny you should phrase the question in just that way...

25. Maggie: We've seen Andrew wear a Union Jack a few times, and now Buffy's been shown with one. Is there any significance to that?

Georges: I just really love the British. That's all. I actually own the jacket that Andrew wears, and when Buffy wears it I was trying to suggest where that Slayer might have come from.

26. Maggie: We see Buffy wearing what I take to be Nikki's coat. You probably can't answer this question -- but I remain puzzled about what the universe is doing with Buffy and Angel, and how that fits in with the big picture for this season. I've seen quite a few people remark around the web that the exposition in this arc was weak. We still don't know things like what exactly got Buffy powered up, or why she got powered up now. Same questions for Angel. Was it the slayer spell? Their epic eternal love? The goddesses in Tibet? etc. etc. etc. etc. If this is an epic playout of vampire-slayer mythology it begs the question of that other vampire, who fits more naturally with some of the basic themes. As Nikki's coat reminds us, the other vampire has a history of being deeply engaged by slayers qua slayers. Angelus seemed mostly interested in staying clear of them. The slayer spell happened at the end of a season when Buffy was involved with the other vampire. The choice of Angel as the vamp appears to be driven by the epic B/A love story, but is there anything else going on that makes it resonate with the larger themes? Like I said, I don't expect you to be able to answer it -- but we've got four months to wait -- and I think it's a problem we're going into such a long hiatus with so little information about what's really going on. We shifted gears from a story about the consequences of the slayer spell to a story about Buffy and Angel and I'd love to have anything to work with over the next four months that would help me make sense of what this season is about. So any information/clarification you could give would be much appreciated.

Georges: Oh it's all tied in. As far as the clothing, I tried to put Buffy in clothing that we might have been seen on past Slayers, more specificity from the “Tales of the Slayers” graphic novel that focused on Slayers. Buffy was becoming into every Slayer and every Slayer was becoming into her. If you didn't think this book was working on an existential level, now you do! Everything is quickly becoming relevant. We are coming to the end and everything is going to matter. Or at the very least, have some resonance.

27. drywallman: Hello Mr. Jeanty

I'm a big Xander fan and I'm wondering if he has any good stuff coming up in the next issues? It would seem that with all the characters that are there now that the limited space in the comic might mean certain characters will get pushed to the side.

Thanks for your time.

Georges: Xander will have his relationship with Dawn to deal with and all the stuff that comes with the end of the season, but you're right, there are a lot of things to deal with and I doubt he'll get a really big part in the next few issues.

28. Dorotea: Georges, as I said in a different message, to a different person in regards to issue 35 "to deliver a message so utterly and completely devoid of faith, hope and love - it takes a real daring to go that far". I want to add though that you have almost saved the S8 for me - single-handedly with your art alone. Thank you very much for your Buffy close-ups in 35. They were gorgeous.

Now , as for my question. I got the allegory - about the apple and the Garden of Eden out of which they are getting kicked out - by their own decision though. I even got the joke about Angel the water and the yin playing the role of Eve - vs Buffy's fire - yang Adam element. I even went as far as to remember the "I only Have Eyes for You' epi in S2 where Angelus also played the female part. My question is - who's the Serpent - sans the obvious suspect? Or is she - the one ? Am I anywhere close in my suspicion that there IS a Serpent in this classic ?

Georges: I think there is a serpent. Unwittingly this person is playing the role, though. It's very interesting that you would use the comparison to Eden as a backdrop for the story. Once Season 8 is over I think you'll understand that a little more.
Let me leave you with this: while it is true that Adam and Eve went against God and ate of the forbidden fruit and as a result were cast out of heaven to make a life and a legacy on earth, would you say, in the long run, that they were better off because of their actions... or worse?

29. bamph: When the Twilight plane becomes the Bronze, did you have to go back and look at references from the show? It was such a major setting for the first seven seasons of the series. Was it challenging re-creating it for those few panels?

Georges: I did. I hadn't realized that the Bronze had changed so much in the 7 years of the show. I ended up going with the Bronze from season 6, and mostly from “Once More With Feeling”. I needed to have things that would be identified quickly as it was never going to be said that they were in the Bronze. There were a few more things I wanted to put in, but given the space I just couldn't work it.

30. bamph: The white void is a nod to Daffy Duck cartoons but it reminded me also of the Wolfram & Hart White Room.What went in to coming up with this white blank setting of Twilight and did the White Room factor in on a subconscious level since we've seen an environment like this before in the Buffyverse?

Georges: I think what Brad was going for was that this plane of reality(?) isn't set in stone. It was basically a blank canvas and Buffy and Angel were free to paint it however they liked. Their clothing had much more meaning in that sequence than their surroundings.

31. bamph: This next question is about the mechanics of the Twilight plane. Can Buffy and Angel move back and forth to Twilight? They left it in this issue but could they conceivably go back and forth now or was it a one time deal? Meaning they chose to leave Twilight and now are locked off from it. Also,if they can go back and forth, could they bring people with them in some way?

Georges: Hmmm. Keep reading.

32. zamolxis: Was it your choice to draw both Buffy and Spike wearing gold rings on their right hands?

Georges: Yes. I didn't think anything about it at the time. Like I mentioned before, I may have gotten a little accessory happy with Spike. I just thought he would have had traveled for a little while, picking up things here and there. Maybe in a way I was bringing him back to his Season 2 roots? I have no idea why I put a ring on Angel.

33. drywallman: I have to ask, with so much time seemingly devoted to the B/S/A triangle, is the B/X arc going to be left by the wayside? Have we seen the last of it this season?

Georges: I thought it was pretty much handled in issue 31. It felt to me that Buffy had a weak moment of insecurity (one of many) and she fixated on Xander not because he was there or male, but because he's always been a source of stability for her. He's very predictable to an extent, and I think with all the craziness going on, she was grounded in his stability and therefore attracted to it/him. You can see that suggested in issue 28. As for starting anything more, I think Joss is going to explore the Xander/Dawn relationship for a bit. I think there's a lot more there to explore!

34. kdeb: The covers for #36 were released today. Nice work from you with the parody of the other Twilight. My question is, is this cover an ironic statement about the 'shipping phenomenon, an ironic comment on Twilight the book/movie, or does it have some real relevance to the story of Season 8?

Georges: I think it was done to say that “Yes, Joss is aware of the 'other' vampire drama and he has a sense of humor about it”. When it came down to drawing it I had no hesitation about which character went where. I've often felt that the “Twilight” characters mirrored the Buffy ones. I mean, come on, is Edward not Angel, or what?! There was no other agenda than to have fun with it.

35. kdeb: Speaking of covers, does your X-Men tribute cover to #35 have any resonance in the upcoming story, with Buffy being rejected by her friends, or is it over and done with, as it were?

Georges: Hmmmm...

36. kdeb: In #35, Buffy looks really shocked by Spike's arrival, and thinks, "This is gonna be bad." Why, in your opinion, does she think this, given that Willow seems very pleased to see him, and what will the season 8 storyline ultimately mean for the Spike/Buffy relationship, which many people don't see as over by any means?.

Georges: Well if we gave away everything there'd be no need to read the rest of the Season, would there? I think Buffy suspected what the ship crashing in their direction meant, but she had no confirmation until Spike steps out. Buffy and Spike get into it in coming issues so there will be even more questions to ask in a few months. Willow's reaction I was a little curious about. I'm not sure why she's smiling about the ship. Maybe she knew that with its coming, the balance of the fighting would decidedly shift in their favor? I'd like to ask Brad that question myself.

37. lmblack21: Wow, so we just saw your cover for #36. I believe it was Scott Allie who said that Joss was very specific for how he wanted the covers for his arc to go and it appears we can already see the homage (or mocking?) of the Twilight book saga. He also said people would be upset or mad about it - which I'm definitely not.

The positioning of Angel/Buffy/Spike is very interesting. It appears, from the cover, that there STILL will be bad blood between Angel and Spike over Buffy which I was kinda hoping they'd moved past.

It also looks like - going from the Twilight book cover positioning - that you have Angel in the position of "Edward", Spike as "Jacob" and Buffy as "Bella".

My question is, I'm assuming this was a deliberate position choice directed by Joss to sort of reflect what the emotional dynamics between the 3 that you've mentioned multiple times is - which is that, while Buffy cares for them both very much, she is drawn more to Angel than Spike. Is that correct? (The whole Angel is home, Spike is the cabin analogy?) It kind of goes back to the whole threesome panel too, where you said that Joss wanted Buffy leaning more into Angel due to her feelings for him.

Great cover by the way, it really made me laugh!

Georges: There are definitely people who like one or the other. There are the Twi-hards and the Whedon-ites, and seldom the twain shall meet. Like I stated, this was done more as a nod. I don't think there was too much to read into with this one believe it or not. While Faith and Buffy are cool with each other, I think there'll always be this bad blood between them, just the way the same is true with Angel and Spike. They can tolerate each other, sure, but sometimes, and especially when it comes to Buffy there'll always be a little bad blood, don't you think? Buffy's feelings are certainly her own and I wouldn't dream of coming in between the 3 of them. These guys have affected her life in a big way. So much of who she is could be credited to these two, so much so, I don't think she'll ever truly get either from under her skin She may end up choosing one and living happily ever after, but I doubt that'll be any time soon!

38. Hellbound Hyperion: Planning something spectacular for issue #40 aka the last issue of Buffy Season Eight?

Georges: Maybe...

39. Maggie: It seems like the question you are most frequently asked is whether Angel is Buffy's one true love. I'm not sure how many times you can answer "yes", but what I do want to know is whether this is the question that should keep coming up? Assuming it's not this one, what question do you think fans should be asking over and over?

Georges: You mean in general or with regards to Season 8? In general I'm a hopeless romantic and I believe we should all end up with our soul mates and live happily ever after, in reality Season 8 is going to end and end big. You know Joss, life, death, all the big issues will be addressed. Some will cheer others will cry, but I think everyone is going to be affected!

40. Luigi: Will we discover in the next issues how/why Willow has recovered her powers, and something about Future Dark Willow?

Georges: I thought that was said in issue 34? Because of Angel and Buffy's union, Willow got her powers back... eww. That Dark Willow stuff is something that happens down the line but I don't think Season 8 will cover any of that. But remember, there will be a Season 9…

And hi-rez versions of the Angel #36 and Spike:The Devil You Know #3 covers.

Comics Continuum: IDW Publishing for August

Old 05-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the info.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for this week's Angel #33.

Preview: Angel #33 - Comic Book Resources

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: "Angel" #33

Courtesy of IDW Publishing, CBR presents an exclusive preview of "Angel" #33 from the creative team of Bill Willingham and Elena Casagrande with covers by Jenny Frison and David Messina. The issue hits stores on May 26.

Now that Angel is back in the fold, Connor must readjust to life as the Chosen One’s son. Luckily, he has an army of demon women at his beck and call. But nothing could really prepare anyone for what Illyria has in mind.

Very interesting.Seems James isn't what he said and we thought he was.Also looks to be a baddie.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news comic fan
Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Angel was acting as selfish as anyone of us would in a situation where you could finally live out your life with your soul mate in total bliss. I mean, think of it, wouldn't you feel a little bias against disrupting something that you know could be so good with the girl (or boy) you've always wanted but could never really have? That's where I think Angel was coming from.
Icon: ?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely agreed with that statement but they better explain everything in Joss' arc. This isn't Lost!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I have my copy of Angel #33.This issue does start answering things.

1)James isn't a angel.We don't know what he is yet but he is evil.He's involved in using the world to farm demons using human hosts.At the end of the issue he sends that freaky lady from the cover of Angel #36 after Angel and Spike.She is a soul eater and Angel & Spike being souled vampires make them look very appetizing.

2)The whole dusting of appendages and growing back limbs is explained in this issue.Angel gets both his hands and feet ripped off by James and they begin growing back shortly afterwards.In ancient times,vampires could do this but not for many centuries.It's speculated in the issue that something very old from the first age of vampires has returned and vampires are now reverting back to their old ways hence the dusting of limbs and the growing back of body parts.Something ancient is causing this.

3)We get more talk about how a large of amount of prophecy and fate surrounds Angel.He's a player on the larger stage.

4)James goads Angel during their fight about how much of Angelus is on Angel's surface and shines through.Angelus informs everything Angel does from every thought to every mood.

5)In the Eddie Hope backup,Eddie goes after Gunn even though he's not on Eddie's list.But Eddie thinks he should be.Even though Gunn isn't a vampire anymore,Eddie feels Gunn is still guilty and needs to pay.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Nicholas Brendon did an interview with Buffyfest.He gives his opinion of Xander/Dawn in Season 8.

Buffyfest: Buffyfest Interviews Nicholas Brendon on His Appearance in Robot, Ninja and Gay Guy - Part 1

BUFFYFEST: Xander and Dawn are an item in the Buffy Season 8 comics these days? What say ye? Yea or nay?

NB: Ye say it’s kind of freaky. (laughs) Ye say it kind of makes me feel like a pedophile. But Ye say Dawn’s also hot, so… It’s just that in my experience with those characters, Xander and Dawn had a kind of Big Brother-Little Sister relationship, and you know, thinking of Michelle, when she joined the show, she was like, 13, so in that respect it’s awkward to think about.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I definitely agreed with that statement but they better explain everything in Joss' arc. This isn't Lost!
I don't know if this makes me want to cry or laugh. I hope the comics do explain everything, but after 6 years of fully trusting writers to give answers and a proper ending to Lost and getting neither, I really don't have it in me to believe anymore. So yeah, I'm very skeptical about all this. One thing is for sure though, we don't have to worry about happily ever after cliches 'cause Joss has never believed in those.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't have minded a happily ever after
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't have minded a happily ever after
Even the 'and they all died and went to heaven together' type? (God, it sounds even more ridiculous when I read it aloud). Joss isn't known for taking the easy way out of things, so I really can't picture him giving Buffy this kind of conclusion. lol
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

So true, that's the one thing I like in all his shows.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread