Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

It was pretty good over all. I thought it had a S2 feel to it, especially on Angel's part.

Better review in my LJ (1st link in sig)

Stop Hate
Buffy&Angel4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:15 PM
New Fan

My husband forgot to record Angel for me tonight. Does anyone know if they show repeats of recent Angel eps on any channel. I know TNT does for Charmed.
Rogue111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue111
My husband forgot to record Angel for me tonight. Does anyone know if they show repeats of recent Angel eps on any channel. I know TNT does for Charmed.
When my local station switched when they show Angel, they told me I could watch it on Space a week later. (Didn't do me any good, I don't get Space, but it was nice they tried.) So if you're in Canada and you get Space you're in luck. Otherwise I have no idea.

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I also hate Hamilton, he is evil. I so wanted Illyria to beat him. Hopefully, Wes or Angel take him out in the finale.

I like Nina but would have liked to have seen her in more episodes. What about Angel not being able to have intimacy or he will turn into Angelous? Have they forgotten that or decided to drop it?
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Honestly, I think if David Fury hadn't been the writer of this episode I would have hated it. The plot points made me want to heave. Its basically all a regurgitation of Ats S2 and BtVS S7 which just leaves me rolling my eyes. Is Angel evil? Is he good? BTW, its all about power. I say Fury was the saving grace because he even allowed me to stomach that wolfie and Angel bed scene with Nina's ," make love to yourself," line.

Also, glad to see the tie back to "You're Welcome". While I am a big disliker of the C/A romance I *heart* the C/A friendship and cried like a big sap when she left(died) at the end like that. Nice to see she really did get him back on track.

Three favorite parts:

The little throw to the S/A ship with, "except that one time," line from Spike? *LOVED* it.

And Illyria and Mr.I-Was-Stolen-From-LoTR playing Crash B.? That was great. Especially when she talked about being annoyed with it and still being compelled to play.

The Lindsey scene. I'm a little annoyed at how they treated that character at the end of it.Wasted potential, in my opinion. I wanted him to be a little bit closer to good and a little less closer to power hungry. But I loved the whole, "never heard of it," and Lindsey's, "that's because its a secret," exchange.

So, as a whole I think what held this episode up was the small little blobs of comedy that Fury is good at. The rest, IMO, was crap. And I'm annoyed.

But it could have been worse.

David Greenwalt could have written the episode.

Quote:
I like Nina but would have liked to have seen her in more episodes. What about Angel not being able to have intimacy or he will turn into Angelous? Have they forgotten that or decided to drop it?
Nina asked him if he was perfectly happy and he said he wasn't. Wesley has mentioned, in previous episodes, that perfect happines is rare. Angel slept with Darla and didn't lose his soul. Not to mention his sexathon with Eve. So, what the writer's have basically established is that its not *sex* but something more than that. He was completely in love with Buffy which is why it equated to perfect happiness. I've seen nothing to indicate he is in love, or anything beyong like, with Nina. And he definitely didn't love Darla or Eve.... So, I think its a matter of it not being mainly about sex.

icon
EvaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the real reason they had Nina in this episode was so the 'un-enlightened' would jump up and say, "Oh no! Angel slept with Nina!!! Is he evil now? Did he change to Angelus?" Since for most of the episode we weren't really supposed to know if he was still good or evil... JMO
Selene1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

I was crying sooooo much! at the ned! when they all raised their hands to join him. and i love it was spike who did it frist.

ok next weks promo omg how sad! the angel saga ends all that stuff made me sooo sad and pissed off at the WB but thats another story

as for nina. well i dont hate her. its good angel is moving on. and i dotn think he will go to her. either lol

LOVED IT!!

cordy's vision. omg that was such a great part! she did bring him back! it all makes sense now! god i love those writres sooo much

Bhery
Old 05-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thought this was a great episode.

Intriging all the way up to the very end as to whether Angel had indeed turned evil. Love that Cordy sent him the message.

They ending though was just perfect, the FG together knowing what might happen, but still they fight not matter what the consequences are.

I still can't believe that next week is the last one , I'm not ready to give it up
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nina & Oz?

On the old spoiler thread (don't know about the current one) I read they'd been planning to have Seth Green back for the six season. Any thoughts on a Ninoz ship?
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by **Carrie**
ugh, i wish the preview hadn't told us that one of angel's inner circle was going to die. i really cannot believe this series is coming to an end. it's just wrong.
I didn't watch this episode, but I'll be buying the dvds (only for Illyria, Spike and Wesley). I read spoilers for the next ep and I'll be watching cause I like torturing myself.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Banned

Re: Nina & Oz?

Quote:
Originally posted by lightcousin
On the old spoiler thread (don't know about the current one) I read they'd been planning to have Seth Green back for the six season. Any thoughts on a Ninoz ship?
That was the original plan, but Joss couldnt bring Seth over (I heard he was too busy) so they decided to stick Nina with Angel, because - ya know - a relationship with Angel always works out so well.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Addicted Fan

you'd figure that a girl would get mad that her boyfriend didnt consider their sex good enough to make him happy..... =/
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Drogan

I was really sad that Angel set up Drogan to be tortured and killed. I don't think its consistant with "the mission" to assasinate someone good in order to maybe get yourself inside an evil empire which you may or may not be able to affect once you're in. Angel said himself that the most they can hope for is to give the SPs a bad day. Was it really worth it? Isn't an act like that contributing more to the atmosphere of evil in the world?
Shasta Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
[i]
Nina asked him if he was perfectly happy and he said he wasn't. Wesley has mentioned, in previous episodes, that perfect happines is rare. Angel slept with Darla and didn't lose his soul. Not to mention his sexathon with Eve. So, what the writer's have basically established is that its not *sex* but something more than that. He was completely in love with Buffy which is why it equated to perfect happiness. I've seen nothing to indicate he is in love, or anything beyong like, with Nina. And he definitely didn't love Darla or Eve.... So, I think its a matter of it not being mainly about sex. [/B]

Oh OK thanks for the repsponse. I think I understand it now. I do hope that Illyria kills Hamilton in the finale like Buffy did with Caleb. He so needs to be vanquished.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexEvans
When my local station switched when they show Angel, they told me I could watch it on Space a week later. (Didn't do me any good, I don't get Space, but it was nice they tried.) So if you're in Canada and you get Space you're in luck. Otherwise I have no idea.

Unfortunately I'm not in Canada. But thanks anyway.

Don't forget to check out Blade the series on Spike TV June 28 2006.
~~Rogue~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread