Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Ok so my thoughts on tonights episode. For one thing the whole Nina and Angel thing was that really necessary? And excuse me while I hurl But, the episode was great as always not like last weeks when it was just a filler ep at least todays had much more action in it and was exciting.

The part i found amusing was when Illyria and Drygon was playing spike's video games.

Lindsey in shackles now there's something every girl wouldnt mind seeing every episode But he'd have to be shirtless on that account.

The one part I didnt understand was so that wasnt really Angel killing drygon right? It was an assasian that looked like him and angel had to make the thorn people believe it was him so he'd be in the secret club?I was confused on that part.

I loved the ending when Angel gave that speech about power. It brought me back to "Chosen" when buffy gave the speech to the slayers about bringing down the first. But I thought Angel's speech was better.

Ok so angel wasnt responsible for Fred's death he just made it seem that it was so the Thorn people would accept him into there group so he could bring them down. I had a feeling he had nothing to do with it cause he goes "i love fred" then again we all knew that he does

Well i'm finished ranting oh btw I started bawling when they showed next weeks series finale preview. And yes i agree with Carrie did they have to tell us one of there own dies? I mean that just gives it away. I really hope the WB realizes what a great show there giving up by canceling it. they should be the ones Angel INC take down not the thorn group.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah, I couldn't forget to comment on how much I loved it when Spike told Illyria and Drygon to play the video games. And then they actually did! Also, when Gunn called Drygon by the name of Aragorn!!
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I was going to cry when Hamilton was wailing on Illyria with her face all bloodied up.
But I like how they executed the show, one minute I wanted to kill Angel the next I wanted to cry. Oh and did anyone else catch how short the teaser was? Or was that just me?

Oh and Illyria and Drygon playing Crash Bandicoot was hilarious and them discussing how its a meaning less game, but they can't help but play.

I think I'm going to have to buy a box of tissues for next week. Think happy bloody thoughts.
Nathan: Would you keep it down!
My Myspace

Last edited by GACT16; 05-12-2004 at 07:39 PM
GACT16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

This was an awesome episode. (Except the Nina parts. Blegh.) But yes, the very best part was the ending, with all five of them raising their hands. *sniff* I don't want anyone to die. Sigh.

Illyria playing Crash Bandicoot. Heh. This was actually the first time I didn't completely hate her. Which is probably because she was acting a little more human.

I love that they now have reason for Cordelia and Fred's deaths. Very cool.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Addicted Fan

ohmygod!!! how could i forget to comment on the friggin awesome spangel reference?!?!?! i wish i could remember the exact wording.... something like:
spike: "angel and i haven't ever been exactly intimate...well...except that one time...."

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
**Carrie** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by alli balli
ThBut yes, the very best part was the ending, with all five of them raising their hands. *sniff* I don't want anyone to die. Sigh.

totally agree~~~ that last part just make this five years of Angel worth it!~ when I see that little smirk in Wesley's face, everything feels right again^^
Old 05-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Carrie**
ohmygod!!! how could i forget to comment on the friggin awesome spangel reference?!?!?! i wish i could remember the exact wording.... something like:
spike: "angel and i haven't ever been exactly intimate...well...except that one time...."
Yeah, I caught that too. It was very subtle and very hilarious. I am definatly not a spangle, but that was great!

I agree, we really could've done without the Nina parts. The only thing I liked is that she knew about Buffy and (knew) thought he was thinking of her. Otherwise, I wanted to hurl. Besides, there was no point. Except, when he had no one around to possibly see him he showed his true self with his worry and concern about her.

~*Magical*~ - I think his lying was about his return, not his wanting to be with her. I don't think he thinks this is his new "the one" for him, but I think he cares for her and doesn't want her or her family hurt in the Apocolyps.

Karbear3916 - Angel really did kill Drygon. He sent the assasin to "try" to kill him, knowing Drygon would run to the Fang Gang and reveal Angel's evil plot. That would get back to the Black Thorn gang and "show" them that Angel was really evil (or whatever) again. He then had to kill Drygon to prove himself. As someone else mentioned, he had to kill one to save thousands (or even possibly millions).

Anyway- I think this episode was better than last week's simply because it puts us back on track. I just can't believe they are going to come to some sort of conclusion (or not) with only an hour to go.

I am also getting concerned because I was holding out hope for those Angel movies next year, but now David Boreanaz is saying he doesn't want to do them. I mean, I kind of understand his wanting to move on. But, as a fan I am not ready to let go.

Can't wait, but yet am dreading, next week.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Drygon Might Not Be Dead?

Funny how everyone is concerned about Angel killing Drygon...

Maybe Drygon(s) can't be killed in normal, mortal ways, even by a Vampire?

Maybe Angel just made it look like he killed him and faked snapping his neck and instead just put him "out" for a while?
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Could be about the killing thing. But I don't know! Something still seems off! DID THEY KILL ILLYRIA!!?!?!??!?!?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm guessing illyria is still alive, seeing as how she was in the preview's for next week. but damn! hamilton sure did give her a whoopin'!

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
**Carrie** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Fantastic ep!

Angel had me fooled for some time... until the other Black Thorn members started taking off their masks. Then I thought it had to be a ploy.

I so hate Hamilton... beating up Illyria like that... it's just because Illyria isn't used to her current state. Once she learns to use the powers she has, she can take him.

Loved Illyria and Drogyn playing Crash Bandicoot. Illyria's lines were wonderful, wish I remembered the exact quote.

It was fantastic to see Nina again. Guess she won't be around for the next ep tho. I think Angel was lying that he'd come for her. He doesn't care for her enough, not like he loved Buffy. Too much of their relationship was based on the shared supernatural elements of their lives. But hopefully they'll stay friends. Nina shouldn't have any trouble finding someone else to be romantic with.

As for the 'political commentary' can't we just watch the show? But fine, since it was brought up. If you want to change the world for the better, you need power and you need to choose to use it. Exactly like the US right now. But I don't think that Angel is sending a message. They're telling a story. Like any good story, it contains overtones, themes, that are applicable to a lot of times and a lot of places. It may be allegorical, but it is not allegory. (Somebody said that about Tolkien, and it was true there as well.)

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I love how Cordy is being incorporated into the finale run even though she's not actually there there. She's the reason why Angel can take down the big big bad now.

But how does this all give a reason for her death? I understand that it kinda "justifies" Fred's death, but I mean Cordy could still be alive and have the same vision Angel had...

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Angela627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

what was the point that Spike was referring to when he said he and Angel got intimate?
and this ep was pretty good. At first when Angel grabbed Lorne, i thought he was gonna sing or something to show them he was doing an act.
And did he really get it on with Nina?

I thought it was funny how Gunn called Trogyn "Aragorn", cause he looks just like him!

and lastly...
CRASH BANDICOOT IS NOT ON XBOX! NEITHER IS DONKEY KONG!!
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise
what was the point that Spike was referring to when he said he and Angel got intimate?

I think the writers were trying to be funny. And come on... we all know its happened.

Quote:
CRASH BANDICOOT IS NOT ON XBOX! NEITHER IS DONKEY KONG!!
I don't know about Donkey Kong.. but Crash Bandicoot is on Xbox. I have it!

Quote:
Originally posted by GenL

I agree, we really could've done without the Nina parts. The only thing I liked is that she knew about Buffy and (knew) thought he was thinking of her. Otherwise, I wanted to hurl. Besides, there was no point. Except, when he had no one around to possibly see him he showed his true self with his worry and concern about her.
Even though I could have gone without seeing them in bed together. I can understand why they had her in the episode and with Angel. She was his sounding board. Through her we(as an audience) could see what Angel was thinking and feeling at that moment. He couldn't confide with any of his friends about what was going on because he had to make it look like he was becoming corrupted. But with Nina he could talk about how he has set things in motion that he needs to play out now and we as an audience could hear through his words that this is what he was doing.

Last edited by ~*Magical*~; 05-12-2004 at 10:38 PM
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 PM
New Fan

The ep was great and Angel was fabulous. Loved Spike's line implying that he an Angel had been intimate once. I wanted him to elaborate more.

Everyone did a wonderful job in this ep...everyone.

Can't believe we're down to one...*tears of sadness*.