Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Another Buffy # 1 review.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1 (Dark Horse Comics) Review

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1 (Dark Horse Comics) Review
Review Jason Tabrys 3/18/2014

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1 from Dark Horse Comics continues to expand the world Joss Whedon brought to TV!

As every year passes, it becomes increasingly unlikely that we’ll ever get a chance to see Sarah Michelle Gellar stand tall once more as Buffy the Vampire Slayer beside her collected Scoobies. It’s just a fact, and it might not be a bad thing, but for those who need to keep getting their Buffy fix, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10, the Joss Whedon executive produced continuation comics from Dark Horse -- now entering their third “season” -- provides, although consistency has always been an issue.

Aided by Andrew Chambliss, Jane Espenson, Drew Z. Greenberg, Brian K. Vaughan, Brad Meltzer, and others, Joss Whedon has created a world that has taken full advantage of the thin boundaries that the page provides. Were there times when that freedom has pushed the series too far? Moments that felt so distant from the show that this very much felt like a comic book adaptation and not something that was supposedly carrying a thread from one medium to the other? Absolutely. Dawn became a centaur, Buffy flew (and skybanged Angel), Spike in the bug ship, magic fell, there was Scoob disharmony, and we saw the rise of the zompires. Through it all, though, Buffy Season 8 and Buffy Season 9 had good points as well, including the thing that our television screens stubbornly refused to give us more of: Buffy and Angel and Xander and Willow. But mostly, the comics have suffered from their larger scope.

As Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1 begins, things feel a bit less big. They also feel a bit more status quo-ish, with the return of magic and Buffy (and the Scoobs) protecting Santa Rosita, a small California town that is besieged by zompires -- something that is referenced in the early going. “Sometimes it’s good to get back to basics” says Buffy, by way of new series writer Christos Gage, who along with artist Rebekah Isaacs ported over from Angel and Faith to take on the flagship title of Dark Horse Comics' Whedonverse. “It’s downright nostalgic” continues Buffy via inner monologue after listing off a few of the king-sized troubles that she’s had to face in the last two “seasons”, an expositional streak that is featured prominently in the first half of the book.

Alongside that new-reader service, we also see Buffy fighting alongside a vamp that looks suspiciously like Willow (if Willow had raided Strawberry Shortcake’s closet), though it turns out that it’s Vikki the Vampire, a temporary ally that has a vested interest in helping Buffy and her crew wipe out the zompires. An odious vested interest, that is. Once Vikki predictably turns on Buffy and the Scoobs (with Willow -- who is struggling to harness the new and “raw” magic -- in tow), all hell breaks loose, but soon Buffy’s army is bolstered by a couple of surprising pop-ins that even up the score a bit, giving this issue it’s only real shot of emotional resonance.

Regarding the interior art, Isaacs’ work represents an upgrade over Georges Jeanty’s, but I’ve long held the belief that Jeanty’s generic characters hampered the Buffy series (at least for me, this is all so very subjective) and I really was smitten with the work that Isaacs did on Angel and Faith, so I’m a bit biased. The bottom line is: you don’t need a scorecard to tell the Scoobies apart with Isaacs in command as she gets just enough right to pass for the actors who played these characters long ago, but not so much that it would be called photo realistic. Isaacs gets the soul down, something that can be seen on page 11 as we see Buffy -- mid-mission -- hanging onto the back of a van with worry on her face about something totally unrelated. That’s Buffy, it is unmistakeable and it’s exciting to know that Isaacs is going to get to play with these characters this season, though hopefully there will be more depth alongside her art going forward.

At its heart, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 #1 is a deft introductory book for the new season that lays out a few key points while letting Gage and Isaacs get their feet wet. It’s a must buy if you’re going into this series anew, or if you’ve been keeping up with the series since the start, but those who have waited six long months for this book may be somewhat disappointed by the slim pickings.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 #1 is available where fine comic books are sold and on Dark Horse Digital.
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Good to hear that the comic has gone back to the show's roots in a lot of ways
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Addicted Fan

I have Buffy S10 # 1,"New Rules Part I."

First of all,Buffy's book last season I thougt was a disappointment overall although I did like that last part of the season more.On the flip side,I loved Angel & Faith last season.Part of that was I thought Angel & Faith was just a overall more interesting story with more interesting new characters than Buffy.The other part of that was the creative team on Angel & Faith.I loved there work so I was thrilled they would be moving to Buffy this season.

Issue 1 overall didn't disappoint.This first issue had more pop to it then pretty much all of last season.I think Gage already has the character's voices down and while I had no problems with Georges Jeanty's work in season 8 and 9,Rebekeka Isaacs brings a fresh feel and is just as great as her work on A & F.

Xander's arc might be interesting this season.I'm not sure yet if things are as really as bad as he's projecting them although Buffy seems to sense problems between him and Dawn.The Anya return I really need more info on.Is she really back as a ghost haunting Xander or is all this in his head.I'm hoping for the latter because enough characters have been brought back and the idea that she is a manifestion of Xander's guilt is more interesting IMO then ghost Anya haunting Xander.

I enjoyed hearing Buffy's inner monologue in the issue.

As Buffy thinks in the issue Spike may be in the best place as anyone(this is Joss so we know that won't last.).As for the Buffy and Spike interaction in this issue.My reading is along the lines of Vampmogs at Buffyforums.I didn't get a romantic vibe.More like two good friends who have a past and while there will probably always be a attraction,they are in a good place now where both are happy.As Vampmog said pretty well,they are at peace with being allies and great friends now that Spike can accept that.And that really felt like what Spike's whole arc last season was from the first part of season 9 through his miniseries to his Angel & Faith stint and ending on his return to Buffy.This issue really puts the period on that for me. No more awkwardness of Spike wanting more from Buffy when they are around each other..I'm interested in where Spike's arcs going now with the other characters since the end of season 9 was setting up I think with Spike making a real life for himself.We know he and Xander will become roomates for example.

Andrew still annoys me.

Vicki the Vampire vs Buffy the Vampire Slayer.I actually get a laugh from that.The gang's finding out just how different and dangerous the 'New Rules' are was a good reveal since they were so unprepared for it.And Faith,Kennedy's and Giles arrival was perfect.Willow's little bit about Kennedy's arrivial was cute.

Finally,the big Buffy and the gangs reunion with Giles.Perfect.I don't care if it's saccharin.I may be annoyed with all the dead characters who keep coming back(I'm a DC and Marvel reader too so I should be used to it)But this was so perfect and the perfect payoff to all 25 issues of Angel & Faith last season.I'm actually glad they saved it for the start of this season.

So I thought this was overall a strong first issue.

ETA

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=7108

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1

by Greg McElhatton, Reviewer

The previous two "seasons" of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" comics had a lot of highs and lows; one month you'd be greatly enjoying the continuation of the television series with a story that was smart and beautifully drawn, the next month the book would take a huge stumble. Thanks to the consistently strong "Angel & Faith" companion comic to the previous series courtesy Christos Gage and Rebekah Isaacs, it felt like the main title was the weak link more often than not. Dark Horse seems to have fixed that problem, though, with Gage and Isaacs now the creative team for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10." Based on this first issue, I think we've got a lot of fun in store.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10" #1 quickly sets up the new status quo, as partially sketched out at the end of the last series. Magic's been restored to the universe, Buffy and company are mopping up the debris, and the zompires are no longer being created. But of course, now is when Buffy shouldn't let her guard down, as what should be a routine battle against vampires turns tricky in the blink of an eye.

Gage's sense of pacing is great; he starts with a seemingly normal situation, and then piece-by-piece he adds in new plot elements. With each new piece of the puzzle, the situation is transformed into something more interesting and harder to deal with. It's a great progression, and the end result is a first issue that will keep "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans interested from start to finish.

It certainly doesn't hurt that these new ideas all feel fairly interesting. Buffy's new alliance, the latest supernatural surprises that the vampires have pulled out, and even the new conversation partner of Xander all hold a lot of potential on where Gage will be taking "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10." This book is bursting with ideas, but at the same time it also doesn't feel overly full. It helps that it's a mixture of plot and character moments; relationships going off-track and the addition of Billy into the mix being balanced out with dangerous new abilities and magical twists. In other words, it's everything a fan -- of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or just good comics -- should want in a story. So often the balance can shift too much in one direction or the other, but Gage handles it well here.

Isaacs' art was excellent in "Angel & Faith" and she continues that trend in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10." Like before on the sister book, Isaacs handles drawing likenesses quite well, a feat that isn't easy. Some of them, like Spike, look so much like they did on the screen that it's uncanny. The bottom of page 4 is a perfect example, with Buffy's nervous smile in response to Spike making her instantly familiar, even if you might have been thrown by her shorter hair that she's sporting these days. Isaacs is also still strong when it comes to the action sequences, too. When Buffy swings around the edge of the van with the Slayer Scythe, you can practically see the movement as she hangs onto Spike's hand. It's energetic and lively, two adjectives you rarely see in comics where actor likenesses are a must.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10" #1 gives me a lot of high hopes for this series. Dark Horse has brought their A-game talent to this comic, and it shows. An excellent debut that fans should be appropriately ecstatic over.

Last edited by comic fan; 03-19-2014 at 11:31 AM
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

The full Christos Gage Q/A for Buffy # 1 is up.

Spoilers *COMPLETE* Buffy Season 10 #1 Q&A with Christos Gage

ETA

Scott Allie confirmed the title of the first Angel & Faith arc for season 10."Where the River Meets the Sea"

Last edited by comic fan; 03-20-2014 at 09:44 AM
Old 03-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Nicholas Brendon & James Marsters talk their Buffy comic work..

CBR TV: Nicholas Brendon & James Marsters On "Buffy Season 10" - Comic Book Resources

CBR TV: Nicholas Brendon & James Marsters On "Buffy Season 10"

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actors Nicholas Brendon and James Marsters discuss writing their own characters in Dark Horse's "Buffy Season 10" and more.

Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer/Publisher

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans will know Nicholas Brendon and James Marsters as Xander and Spike from the acclaimed television series, but later this year, the two will make the jump to Dark Horse's "Buffy Season 10" as writers -- Brendon, co-writing an arc of "Buffy Season 10" with Christos Gage and Marsters heading up the original graphic novel, "Spike: Into The Light."

The "Buffy" veterans joined CBR Executive Producer Jonah Weiland in the CBR Speakeasy to discuss getting into writing comics, as well as some stories from the early days of "Buffy," the difference in process between television and print and much more.

On getting into writing comics: "The story that i had started years ago. Joss called me up and wanted to know if we could do a TV movie on Spike," said Marsters. "I said, 'Man, I'll do anything that you want to do. What do you got?' and he said, 'I've got no ideas at all. I've got a line from a movie. ... From 'Lord of the Rings,' something about 'I have no hope for myself, but I have hope for you people' before he goes off to war. I'm like, 'Well, that's very serious, Joss.' And he said, 'Well, what do you got?' 'Well, actually, I have this idea.' I wanted Spike to proactively have a plan and implement it. As a secondary character, you're mostly reacting to other people's plans. That's your job and that's fine, but I thought it'd be fun to have Spike wake up in the morning and say, 'I want this' and go out and get it. I thought it would be cheesy if he accomplished anything too large, so I thought he should accomplish the smallest thing I could think of. I had an idea that Spike, having just gotten his soul and just broken up with Buffy, that he would be having a hard time surviving because he can't really mug anybody for what he needs and he will not get a job. He's homeless, he's starving to death, his clothes are falling apart, and his boot is so mangled that he's almost losing fights because the sole is flapping around. What if there's a story where he loses the girl, he loses the fight to the monster, he tries to play hero, he gets his butt kicked, but he does find a way to get a new pair of boots without hurting anybody, without stealing them and without getting a job."

"Joss said, 'That's a wonderful idea. That's cheap to film!'"

"I don't really know [how I got involved]," said Brendon. "I think I was at Comic-Con on a Buffy panel with Scott Allie and Jane [Espenson] and I just kind of -- I don't know. I said, 'Yeah, I'll write!' It wasn't really that thought-out. That's kind of how I live my life."

Brendon on working with Christos Gage for "Buffy Season 10": "He's awesome," said Brendon. "He really, really is. I've written things, but it's never been in the format. The first comic I had read after 'Archie' was Buffy stuff to see what the format was like. He's wonderful. I punch up jokes. Giles is a little kid again, so we need him to be saying and looking at boobies more. He's got that -- we need him to just have a raging boner from time to time. That's what we need. We kill a monster, and I was in Paris, and I came up with this really, really sweet vampire that just happened to be gay, and his name was Gary. He was just giant -- he wasn't hurting anybody, but he was so big, he needed to die. I thought, 'What if someone was so big that the only way you could stake him was the Eiffel Tower?' ... We kill somebody that way in San Francisco."

Marsters on his "Spike: Into The Light" Original Graphic Novel: Having a secondary character on a show, especially mine -- Xander is still in the same town, he's hanging out with Buffy a lot, but my character would come in quickly and then get out and let you guys tell the story. I thought the most interesting part of my years on the show was that time when he got his soul and just to see him try to figure out what to do with it. Trying to find a way to explore that without going Angel. I went up to Joss and said, "Joss, we should do a spinoff on Spike." And he said, "Yeah, a male vampire spinoff of Buffy. What should we call it? 'Angel?'" So that was dead in the water.

Part of the way I decided to do that is just inherent in the character -- it's funny to see Spike fail. It's also dramatic to see him get frustrated while he's failing. It's not like he's going to go Angel and brood about his failure with a fireplace in a big mansion. He's going to be stripped down, he's going to be an underdog and you can just see him tripping over himself and failing to do that."

Brendon on his webcomic "Very Bad Koalas": Basically, we got two koala bears looking for a portal back to Earth and they **** **** up on the way. The more they try to do good, they do bad and that puts them back future. ... My partner Steve Loder, who is writing movies now for Pixar, we just had this idea. I did a show for him, and we got together. If you haven't seen them, there are 26 online. There's some funny stuff. There are poopies. Nazis."

There is video too.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Full Rebekah Isaacs Slayalive Q/A for Buffy # 1.

Spoilers *COMPLETE* Buffy Season 10 #1 Q&A with Rebekah Isaacs
Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Angel & Faith # 1 first advanced review.

Comic Frontline: First Look: Angel & Faith Season 10 #1

First Look: Angel & Faith Season 10 #1

By: Nicole D'Andria

In anticipation of the Buffy Challenge, let’s take a look at the first issue of the upcoming series Angel & Faith Season 10.

This is a continuation of Angel & Faith, a series which lasted 25 issues and was a spin-off continuation of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8. In this season, which will run alongside Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 (just like its predecessor ran alongside season 9), London has been taken over by magic and Angel needs to protect everyone. At the same time, Faith is fighting alongside Buffy!

The writer of the series is Victor Gischler (X-Men, Kiss Me, Satan!) The artist for this issue is Will Conrad (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Nightwing, Serenity) and the colorist is Michelle Madsen (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, Batman: Gotham After Midnight). The beautiful cover was drawn by Scott Fischer. The executive producer is Joss Whedon.

See the seven page preview of Angel & Faith Season 10 #1 and my first impressions below.

I like the set-up for this series. I haven't read Angel & Faith yet but I was still able to follow what was happening. I'm sure Buffy fans will enjoy this more than a casual reader since names like "Kennedy" will mean nothing to someone who isn't invested in the Whedonverse. Plus, "Rapunzel" seems like an interesting character and adheres to the comedic/horrific tone familiar in the Whedonverse. The art is solid. I hope those speedlines were just a one time thing since the action could be much better without them but the characters are recognizable.

Angel & Faith Season 10 #1 will be released on April 2nd, 2014. Also, stay tuned for my in-depth review of each arc in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1 and an overview of how Buffy the Vampire Slayer has influenced pop culture.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Addicted Fan

CBR Behind Buffy S10:Buffy # 1 with Christos Gage.

BEHIND BUFFY SEASON 10: Gage Leads a Scooby Reunion - Comic Book Resources

BEHIND BUFFY SEASON 10: Gage Leads a Scooby Reunion

"Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 10" has arrived, and Christos Gage explains the Scooby gang's reunion, the new breed of vampires and Xander's ghost girlfriend.

Kiel Phegley, News Editor

Buffy Summers is back on the beat, but the laws of vampire slaying have changed.

This month saw the debut of Dark Horse Comics' "Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 10" -- the canonical continuation of Joss Whedon's legendary TV series. And while this latest installment of the continuing adventures of Buffy and her demon-stomping Scooby Gang presents a "back to basics" approach, the return of magic to their world is set to upend the way they slay. In our world, the core Buffy title has seen some changes of its own as writer Christos Gage and artist Rebekah Isaacs have taken the reins on the flagship title after creating the spinoff "Angel & Faith" in Season 9.

With Season 10's first issue in the hands of fans, CBR News is happy to roll out BEHIND BUFFY SEASON 10 -- our ongoing exploration of the comics with the writers, artists and editors behind the stories. This time, Chris Gage unpacks the events of the season-launching "Buffy" #1 by explaining what Whedon and his co-writers plotted out at their annual Buffy Summit, how the birth of a new magic seed has changed the laws on how vampires operate, what the emotional reunion for Buffy and Young Giles (not to mention the rest of the Scoobies) means for the future of the books and whether Xander's conversations with his dead fiancé Anya can be taken at face value.

CBR News: Chris, let's start with where you fall in the massive collaborative that is "Team Buffy." For "Season 10," you're reuniting with Rebekah Isaacs, but you guys have also shifted to the core "Buffy" book instead of "Angel & Faith." What was your initial reaction to being tapped for that gig, and how do you feel about it now that you and Rebekah have settled in?

Christos Gage: Currently, I feel great about it, thanks to the readers being very kind and accepting of what we did with the first issue. I'm also seven issues in, and I'm having a lot of fun, so that's a good sign. Initially, I was extremely nervous and uncertain. Going into the Season 10 summit, [Dark Horse editor-in-chief] Scott Allie let me know that Andrew Chambliss, who wrote Season 9, wouldn't be returning, due to increased producer duties on the TV show "Once Upon A Time," and if I wanted to write "Buffy," the job was mine. I knew I wanted to stick with Rebekah, but Scott said she had told him she was fine working on either book, she just wanted to keep the team intact -- which was very flattering, but also nerve-wracking, because now I was choosing for both of us! I had loved working on "Angel & Faith," and collaborating with Rebekah, Dan [Jackson], Steve [Morris], Comicraft, Scott, Freddye [Lins], Sierra [Hahn], Joss and the whole team. So sticking with that team provided some security. But I also felt like, while I was comfortable with the cast of "A&F," I didn't feel like I knew Buffy well enough to say, "She should do X and feel Y about it," and I wasn't sure how involved Joss would be to guide that, given his work on "Avengers 2" -- I wouldn't have been surprised if he had to miss the summit altogether. So initially I was leaning toward sticking with the comfortable territory of "A&F."

But then we had the summit, and Joss was there, and worked his magic -- not just coming up with great ideas of his own, but bringing out the best in a room full of incredible creative minds, from "Buffy" TV show veterans like Jane Espenson, Drew Greenberg and Nicholas Brendon to folks like Andrew and Victor Gischler. By the time we broke for coffee, I told Scott that if the "Buffy" gig was still open, I wanted it! I was so excited to write the stories we'd been talking about. Hopefully that translates onto the page!

Obviously, a lot of these things shake out at the Buffy creative summits led by Joss Whedon. In the past two comic seasons, we had a giant, world-shattering arc and then one that seemed to draw the focus back on the cast a little bit. What's your memory from the summit of the challenges or concerns that Joss wanted to tackle coming into this year of the book?

There wasn't a ton of looking backward. Joss did reiterate what he said prior to Season 9, which was that in Season 8, they had really leaned into the freedom of the comic book format and scaled things super-big, and in Season 9 we'd brought the focus more back to the characters. He wanted to continue that focus, even increase it. There was a general agreement that we didn't want another looming apocalypse -- we were kind of apocalypsed out for a bit. There's not much else I can say without seriously spoiling upcoming plotlines, but we did talk about the way the show has always reflected the life stages of the characters, and we wanted to continue with that. Through the magic of comic book timing, the characters aren't the same ages as the actors, they are mostly in their early to mid-twenties. They have left college, or the immediate post-high school phase of their lives, and are entering adulthood. Season 9 examined that to a point, and I plane to keep doing so. My recollection of that part of my life is that it feels like you are being thrown into the deep end of the pool, into this world of grown-ups, and you're trying to make the transition while figuring out what the new rules are -- how you want to shape things going forward, and how those hopes and expectations mesh or clash with reality. So that's what our characters will be experiencing, both in their lives and in the supernatural adventure sense.

On a more personal level, last season's theme was one of acceptance. Everyone in the gang had to both accept what role they'd played in the war over the Seed of Magic and accept their role in life in a broader sense. At this early stage in the game, what can you say about the theme of Season 10?

It's right there in the title of our first arc, "New Rules." Having reached that acceptance you spoke of -- that understanding of who you think you are or want to be - you have to decide how you're going to move forward. Every choice you make carries a ton of weight, and has tremendous ripple effects, on you and on others. And quite often, life throws obstacles in your way, or just won't cooperate. That's the theme. Deciding who you are and what you want is great, but it's just the first step. Now you have to put it into practice.

As for the issue itself, we jump into the story with a "back to basics" approach with Buffy in a California town slaying away. But maybe everything is not so basic as it seems. What did you want to get across to make this a strong first issue but also a solid first chapter in a larger story?

It was a tricky issue because I wanted to both acknowledge what had happened in the recent past and provide a good jumping on point for new readers. I think the TV show did that well, often using the clever device of the first day back at school in the fall for their first episode of a season. You got caught up on where your characters were, and got an idea where they were headed. They're not in school anymore, and in fact there's probably less "story time" that passed between seasons 9 and 10 than ever passed between seasons of the show, but I was sort of going for that same feel. We get caught up with old friends, but the whole "vampires are different now" revelation points us solidly forward. I was worried about achieving the right balance, but people seemed to like it, so that's a relief.

At the heart of "Buffy," as always, are the relationships. One of the first ones touched upon here is Buffy and Spike, and she labels where they're at with "Yay For Maturity." After so many winding roads for the pair, what's the value in having those two relatively happy and in synch for once?

It's where they are. Season 9 got them here. Spike got to a place where he can stand on his own, and Buffy has embraced her role as Slayer. It's a good place for both of them. But sometimes I think we want to put people in an easily labeled category -- i.e. "in love/out of love" -- when real human feelings are a lot more nuanced and complicated. So where they are in issue #1 isn't necessarily where they'll be in issue #2, 3 or 27.

We also get a strong introduction for Vicki -- the "new breed" vamp who debuted at the end of last season. Again, we're early here, but should we take her role as leader of this vamp camp (couldn't resist) as a sign that this is a major new player in the Buffy world, or are there more forces to be seen behind the new kind of vampire?

Vicki is one of those characters who started out as purely a plot device -- she appeared at the very end of Season 9 as a representation that people sired as vampires will now be something new and different. Along the way, she grew into her own person. As I wrote her, I got a kick out of her bad attitude. She's just snarky and mean to everyone. It's a sort of fun thing you can't really do with Spike anymore, or not as much, now that he has a soul. You can do it with Harmony, but Vicki is smarter. Vicki isn't the elected queen of vampires or anything -- at least, not yet -- but being the first of her kind seems to give her some standing among her peers. But she's not the cause of the change in vampires, more the beneficiary.

And hey... Anya's back! Or her ghost is! Or Xander is just hallucinating! We're just not sure! At this point in the game, do you see this storyline more as a mystery as to whether or not Anya is ready to play a bigger role in the series or as a reflection of Xander's guilt for his brief time as turncoat?

I think the take-away, for now, is just that Anya's back. Whether she's some sort of figment of Xander's mind, or her actual ghost, her presence is going to give us more insight into Xander as well as helping Xander take a closer look at himself -- all with the fun of having Anya around, a character I and many other fans love. This was actually something Joss pitched for Season 9 -- I still remember his pre-summit e-mail of ideas for all of us to think about including something to the effect of, "I think it's high time Anya starts haunting Xander, don't you?" -- but there didn't end up being room in the season, with everything else going on. That kind of ended up working out for the best, because I think after his experiences in Season 9, Xander is more in a place to benefit from Anya's presence -- or be driven completely insane! Kind of the same way I'm benefiting from having the actual portrayer of Xander, Nicky Brendon, co-writing several issues. Except in that case, I only reap rewards from having him there -- it's our long-suffering editors who might be driven crazy by the naughty jokes we keep trying to slip past them!

The return of Giles is something everyone who followed "Angel & Faith" last year was probably waiting for, but you played the page where he reconnects with Buffy in total silence. Why make that choice for this moment so long in the offing?

I'm a big believer in letting the art speak for itself when words aren't needed, and this was one of those times. It helps to be working with Rebekah, and know she can totally get across everything that needs to be said in the characters' facial expression. Scott also was a big champion of letting this be a big moment with plenty of space. I think originally it wasn't a whole page, and he said it deserved to be, which it did.

At the very end of the issue, the gang's all back together. This is the first time we've seen all the Scoobies together in a while. What does that hold for the future? Or maybe I should say, how does having them as one group impact who goes where in "Season 10" #2 and the new season of "Angel & Faith"?

I don't think I'm telling tales out of school when I say that Faith is only guest-appearing and will be seen in her own book going forward. As for the others, you'll see how things shake out in issue #2. Then the cast as of issue #3 will pretty much be what it is in future issues. But as we saw last season, crossovers aren't out of the question!

Stay tuned for more on "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" as we continue to go Behind Season 10!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Second advanced Angel & Faith # 1 review.

Advance Review – Angel & Faith Season 10 #1 (Dark Horse) | BIG COMIC PAGE

Advance Review – Angel & Faith Season 10 #1 (Dark Horse)

Big Comic Page

Publisher: Dark Horse Comics
Writer: Victor Gischler
Artist: Will Conrad
Release Date: 2nd April 2014

Angel, the hunky vampire with a soul, is back working with Faith, the sexy vampire slayer, in the first part of this new season. After last season, an area of London has been transformed into Magic Town. Pixies, centaurs and a myriad of other mythical beasts roam the smoggy streets. It’s a good setting for the pair. It’s just a shame that there are a few loose ends that need tying up which stops this first issue from really getting started.

Faith is seemingly off on a quest to set up the new season of Buffy which will run parallel to this series. As a result, we are treated to a wasteful subplot which must exist solely for closure to fans desperate to see the new baby-faced Giles reunited with Buffy’s Scooby band. Such a story could hold an issue in its own right. Here though, it sadly feels rushed. It’s terribly awkward seeing some of the franchise’s best characters without hearing them say a single word. This piece of story would’ve been much better placed in the Buffy season instead of here.

The art is solid and captures the already cherished characters nicely. There is some good facial expression which is vital; it ensures the lines are delivered effectively. This bodes well for the series’ already successful brand of humour in future issues. The wide assortment of demons and creatures also look good.

The Angel plot is better. London suits this vampire and, looking forward, Magic Town has a lot of potential for a variety of decent encounters. It’s a shame the ‘other’ series has leaned on it a little but I’m sure it won’t be too long until this finds its stride.

Rating: 3/5.

The writer of this piece was: James McQueen

ETA

3rd advanced review for A & F # 1.

http://haveageekasm.com/comic-books/...h-season-10-1/

Review: ANGEL & FAITH Season 10 #1

Angel & Faith Season 10 kicks off in London. Magic Town to be precise. You see, last season, Angel & Faith saved London from a magical virus, but it caused the part of Lodon where everything happened to be transformed. Everybody that lives here has magical abilities or are monsters. Angel being Angel, he stays to try and clean up his mess. He’s the sheriff of these hear parts now. Where’s Faith? She’s in America with Giles (the newly resurrected one who is still a kid) and is hanging out with Kennedy (Willow’s ex and part of Deepscan).

Much like what is going on over in the Buffy comic, magic is a little wonky. Things just don’t work very well. On top of that, Angel is having some problems with the pixies, who are wanting to run magic town. They go to great lengths to send him a message, one that he receives all too well. Faith, is busy crossing over with Buffy and has taken Giles with her. The reunion between Giles and Buffy seems to cause Faith to make a decision she had decided against making, which I’m curious to see how it ends up. Meanwhile, Angel ends up running into another Slayer with whom he has a checkered relationship.

Victor Gischler takes over writing duties from Christos Gage, who wrote Season 9 and Will Conrad is now providing art with Rebekah Isaacs moving over to the main Buffy title. Conrad does a great job capturing the likenesses of the characters, something that is imperative with a licensed comic. I really like where the story is going here and Gischler has done a great job of setting up the arc for Season 10.

For fans of the Buffy and Angel TV shows that have never read the comics, Angel & Faith will fit like your favorite pair of jeans. You know these characters, and while they have changed, it isn’t so drastic as to confuse. You can immediately follow what is going on and enjoy it.

ETA 2

Fourth advanced Angel & Faith # 1 review.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comi...1-review/95822

ANGEL & FAITH SEASON 10 #1 Review

Can the first issue of Angel & Faith Season 10 top the opening issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10? Read on to find out.

The official description from Dark Horse:

Angel’s work is never done. During his most recent world saving, a part of London was transformed and flooded with magic. Who better to watch over this magical community than Angel? At least, that’s what he thinks. Meanwhile, Faith starts a new chapter in her life—slaying zompires alongside Buffy?!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 sees “New Rules” for the Buffy universe and with it’s amazing opening I’ve personally been eagerly looking forward to the new Angel & Faith season. Having now digested the both opening issues I have to give the upper hand to this fabulous issue as though both were thoroughly enjoyable this was more gripping.

Victor Gischler takes over the writing duties on Angel & Faith replacing Christos Gage who’s moved over to Buffy. Having not read Season 9 of Angel & Faith I can’t compare the two writers work on these characters, but I can say that Gischler does an awesome job of grabbing my attention. The way that he adds so much intensity and drama through dialogue is a real treat as due to having a mysterious nature (as expected) it needs something like this to give it definition. Despite all this the issue wasn’t without it’s faults and the thing that annoyed me the most was the transition between the Angel and Faith sequences which initially added slight confusion.

There’s really little more to say about Will Conrad‘s art than just wow. Obviously that’s a little too short a description for a review so I’ll divulge more. Conrad has amazed me in the past having done wonderful art on Nightwing with his realistic style being awe-inspiring. His art on this issue however is simply phenomenal as along with the realism it was also very dramatic. Conrad also gives us excitement as well as a smooth flow with his layouts being simply astonishing. Alongside this is the tremendous colours of Michelle Madsen which give a brilliant final tone to the issue.

Angel & Faith Season 10 has really grabbed my attention as though I misses Season 9 I am intrigued as to learn more about Angel and Faith‘s current problems. Highly recommended.

Last edited by comic fan; 04-01-2014 at 03:53 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Leyki's spoiler review of Angel & Faith # 1 is up

Review, Angel & Faith S10#01 (Where the river meets the sea, Part 1) | Light_Watcher

ETA

Two more A & F # 1 reviews.

http://www.backwardscompatible.co.uk...ason-10-1.html

Review - Angel and Faith; Season 10 #1

Review by Paul Fiander

With the A(ngel) team now on the B(uffy) book it's time for a new team to stamp there mark on this most intriguing of titles. I say intriguing as this book has the potential to maybe eclipse the title it spawned from.

With part of London aptly named "Magic Town" now inhabited by creatures thanks to a mishap in season 9 Angel is having to deal with all manner of creatures great and small. This is where we find our Vamp with a soul, patrolling the streets of London saving the general population from all manner of evil. Angel's ability to use his Vamp skill set make him a formidable foe and it could take a small army to take him down.

As the title suggest this tale concerns two main characters and we find Faith flying out to the states with an old friend in tow. Faith’s part of the story is to deliver a young man to the Scooby Gang without harm, of course this can be difficult in normal terms but when you are a slayer everything is more difficult, especially when your package is much more prized than you are. I hope Faiths story will pick and I see no reason why it would not continue to grow.

The art in the issue is generally very good, the mythical creatures we meet all seem to be well crafted and the character’s likenesses are really expertly demonstrated. Tone in the panels also suggests a London in turmoil, and this is plain to see as Angel does some digging into his new home. As Magic Town is essentially Angel fault you get the idea he feels responsible for it. I can see there could be a new Sherriff in town and he only comes out at night.

For a Season opener this is a great way to start. The two stories are pretty separate but you get the feeling this is a duo who do better when talking is not involved. If the new creators can follow in their predecessor’s vein then the future looks pretty bright for Angel and Faith. I look forward to discovering all that Magic Town has to offer both in terms of allies and enemies and I’m sure they will be a s brutal as they need to be.

Issue Rating 4.5/5

http://www.horrortalk.com/comic-revi...YY6qZU.twitter

"Angel & Faith (Season 10) #1" Comic Review

Written by James Ferguson

Written by Victor Gischler
Illustrated by Will Conrad
2014, 26 Pages, $3.50
Comic published on April 2nd, 2014

Review:

After going through the emotional roller coaster of Season 9, Angel and Faith find themselves separated by the Atlantic Ocean. Angel is trying to help clean up the mess in London that was caused by a magic bomb exploding, while Faith is bringing the newly-resurrected and now-teenaged Rupert Giles over to the US to the Scooby Gang with the help of Kennedy and her slayer-for-hire team. Season 10 picks up with these characters now in the hands of writer Victor Gischler and artist Will Conrad. Last season's creative team of Christos Gage and Rebekah Isaacs have moved over to the main Buffy comic.

While Gischler and Conrad are setting out to do something different with their take on Angel & Faith, they have to first clean up the threads left from the previous tenants. The main storyline through Season 9 was the resurrection of Giles. Although the team succeeded in this task, it's not quite finished, as the Watcher decided he would serve the cause better by Buffy's side. It's a bit of a slap in the face to Angel & Faith, who went through all the trouble to bring the guy back to life. Buffy didn't do a damn thing to help.

Anyway, if you read the first issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer a couple weeks ago, some of these pages will look very familiar. This time you see Faith's perspective of the reunion between the Chosen One and her Watcher. While it was tearful and heartwarming over there, it's rather sad and heartbreaking on this end. Faith had a very different relationship with Giles than what Buffy had. The two of them were united by the fact that they realized there were certain things that needed to be done and Buffy wasn't capable or couldn't bring herself to do them. Think Slayer Black Ops. Giles left his house and all his belongings to Faith when he died. Buffy got the slayer handbook. This is why I'm so shocked that the guy went running back to the blonde. Faith shows this emotion for only a moment in the book, but you get a glimpse into her soul for that brief panel.

On the other end of the world is Angel dealing with a deadly group of pixies. No joke. The big villain for the bulk of this comic is a tiny blue dude that would have hung out with Tinkerbell. He's got a group of other, tiny buddies and they're trying to rule over Magic Town – the area of London still reeling from the effects of the magic bomb that went off at the tail end of Season 9. While these creatures are not at all intimidating at first (OMG! One of them has a sharpened pencil! Look out!), they prove to be rather deadly. I'm not yet convinced though.

Of course, they can't be the “Big Bad” of this season, right? There's a reveal at the end of the issue that I will not spoil here. It wasn't who I was expecting but fortunately I was wrong, as the actual choice provides for much more character development. This turn allows Gischler to pick up a plot thread from Season 9 and expand upon it in a really interesting way.

Will Conrad's artwork is very clean and detailed. His characters are lifelike and he nailed the likenesses of the actors from the TV show. What's fun is watching Angel's journey through the bowels of Magic Town. Conrad fills this with a variety of creatures including a centaur and a bunch of strange looking demons. It shows the wide breadth of inhabitants of this area of London where magic is at its strongest.

What sticks out the most is the emotional beats. That moment I mentioned earlier about the joyous reunion between Buffy and Giles? It's beautiful. There are so many feels. This is immediately juxtaposed by Faith's shocked expression. It's like she was just punched in the gut. All of this is conveyed without a single piece of dialogue. Gischler let's Conrad tell this part of the story and the comic is better off because of it. Words would have ruined this scene. You get so much from each face in these panels. You feel simultaneously happy and betrayed by what's going on as you're seeing both sides of the coin.

I'm excited to see where Angel & Faith goes under new management. I think it will take a few issues for Gischler and Conrad to sort through the remaining plot points from Season 9 before they can really nail down the path they want to take. The pixies took me a bit by surprise, but there's the same real emotion in these pages that previously fueled the book. These characters are deeply flawed, and unlike Buffy they don't have a support system in place in the form of several supportive friends. They're on their own and that's what makes them interesting.

ETA 2

I have my copy of Angel & Faith # 1,"Where The River Meets The Sea Part I"

Last season,I thought Angel & Faith was by far the superior title over Buffy.Going into this season,I had some reservations though.

1)I thought Angel & Faith had the perfect parting of the ways and and to the storyline thus I was expecting a new second monthly in season 10 and not Angel & Faith again.I didn't see a reason for Angel & Faith to continue.

2)The creative team from last season would be moving to Buffy and they were a big reason I thought this book was so stellar last season.Granted that was a trade off I was willing to make since I was hoping Gage and Isaacs would move to Buffy.

3)The setup for Angel & Faith last season was so juicy with dealing with the aftermath of Twilight and the mission to resurrect Giles.The setup for Angel & Faith this season didn't have as much ommph to me.Angel as sheriff of Magic Town with Faith elsewhere and no clear idea of what her story would be.

So going into this issue I had misgivings.I liked Victor Gischler's work on Spike:A Dark Place last season and was famillar with Will Conrad's art but the excitement level for me wasn't there gojng in vs. last season going in.

Based off this first issue though I think this is off to a good start.VG seems to have a handle on the voices and WC art was good and gve a noir feel which works for me.I think the setup with Magic Town is interesting although I need to see more to really determine where this is going.I thought the pixes were creepy and liked how they kept calling Angel a Yank when as he points out that he is Irish.The last page reveal with Nadira wasn't a real surprise since info on upcoming issues gave away her appearance and that she has a role to play.Whether it's as a ally or enemie isn't clear yet but I'm interested to see where that goes and how her new form has changed her.

The Faith part of this issue, doesn't really give strong direction where her story is going yet.I did like how this issue intersected with Buffy # 1 and showed the Giles reunjion with Buffy and the Scoobies from Faith's pont of view.I do like this sort of crossover and hope we get more occasionally throughout the season but I'm a little iffy on keeping Angel and Faith's story this separated in this title.It will be fine for a while but I have to think eventually we'll see their stories work there way back to each other otherwise why have a Angel & Faith monthly and not just a Angel book and a Faith book(or miniseries).

But I did like this issue and thought it was a good start to the season.

Last edited by comic fan; 04-02-2014 at 10:42 AM
Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Full Victor Gischler Slayalive Q/A For Angel & Faith # 1.

Spoilers *COMPLETE* Q&A with Victor Gischler for Angel & Faith #1
Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Review: Angel and Faith Season 10 #1 - Comic Book Resources

Angel and Faith Season 10 #1

by Marykate Jasper, Reviewer

Season 10 of "Angel and Faith" is off to a solid start, even with a mixed bag of an issue. With new creative team Victor Gischler and Will Conrad and a new status quo for the universe, this #1 had to be a workhorse -- and it can sometimes feel workmanlike as a result. Still, Gischler and Conrad have to do the legwork of extricating "Angel and Faith" from the "Buffy" storylines in order to make this series unique, and they get the job done here. With a promising sense of drama and pacing, they look well-equipped to take "Angel and Faith" forward.

Writer Victor Gischler takes over "Angel and Faith" from Christos Gage, who's now working on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10." As a result, "Angel and Faith Season 10" feels quite different from the first run of the book. It's not worse, and he's got a fine grasp of Whedonverse dialogue, but the jump between the two was jarring for the first few pages. Conrad's art is solid, and Madsen's colors feel very appropriate for the world, so all-in-all they have the feel of "Angel and Faith" set.

Plot-wise, Angel is off in Magic Town in London, trying to control the chaos unleashed there, while Faith has her own mission to take care of. There isn't always a clear transition between the two different storylines, and that is probably the book's weakest point. Some clearer labeling could provide a quick fix for this as the series progresses. I understand that it's meant to feel like one book, but if it's going to tell two different stories, the reader needs some cues to better follow the narrative beats.

The creative team makes the most of the moments they're given. For the sake of the two-series plan, it's clear that Giles is going to be handed off to Buffy and the other Scoobies. Gischler mines this necessary plot point for dramatic tension and emotional impact. Giles runs from Faith, who resurrected him, to share a tearful embrace with Buffy. It's a poignant second-best moment for a character who's always treated as second fiddle to the one true Slayer, and both Gischler and Conrad portray Faith's emotion well. At other points, Conrad's facial expressions don't read as clearly, but he nails it when it counts.

Still, Angel's section felt generic. I do love the horrifying character design of the pixies, all nasty little mouths and claws with wings, but their interactions with Angel don't make full use of the possibilities that Magic Town provides. This is a baddie-of-the-week interplay that any fan of "Buffy" or other supernatural fiction will have seen before. This is not to say it's not poorly done; the beats are well-placed, and the plot moves smoothly. However, given the general premise (and that fantastic cover by Scott Fischer), I was hoping that the creative team would dive into Magic Town a bit more.

"Angel and Faith Season 10" #1 achieves its purpose in that it sets up a status quo and defines itself against the "Buffy" side of this multi-series universe. Now that it's free to develop its own stories, it will feel less like an offshoot of "Buffy" and more like its own animal.

ETA

Interview with Victor Gischler.

http://www.freaksugar.com/victor-gis...ith-season-10/

Victor Gischler On Angel & Faith Season 10

Steve Ekstrom
April 3, 201

This week fans of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer extended universe were treated to the release of Angel & Faith Season 10 #1 from Dark Horse Comics. The new “season” of the project, hot on the heels of writer Christos Gage’s run on the book, features Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse writer, Victor Gischler. Featuring art by Will Conrad, the newest arc of this popular spin-off project separately explores Angel and Faith at end of the previous arc in Season 9 and will further both of the characters individually in lieu of their split at end of the previous arc in Season 9.

I contacted Victor Gischler to discuss the start of Season 10 as well as discuss the challenges of working with wildly iconic characters from a successful television franchise.

Freak Sugar: Buffy fans are champing at the bit for the launch of Angel & Faith Season 10 from Dark Horse Comics. The last thing readers experienced was the break-up of Faith and Angel with Faith leaving for California and Angel staying behind in the strange Magic Town. What sort of set-up can you give fans? How long-lasting will the effects of their break-up be on the series?

Victor Gischler: Faith really grew as a character last season, so it’s important that we respect that. This means she needs here own space…at least for a while. So in Angel and Faith #1 we pick up with her in California, and from there, readers will follower her as she makes various decisions and tries to figure out where she fits in the world. How long will this last…well, who knows? Readers need to stay tuned to see where paths lead our characters.

FS: You’ve picked up the ball where writers Christos Gage has left off. What sorts of threads were you immediately attracted to in his run on the book? Do you plan to leave lots of “moving parts” in your run to create tangible threads for the next writer who will take your place? How much of that is intentional?

Gischler: That sort of stuff is always on my mind, but I think much of it needs to happen organically. I don’t spend a lot of time thinking, “Here’s a thread I’ll plant for the next writer…” but these sort of things always seem to happen on their own, so I’m not worried. I think when writers do their best to make the characters as real as possible, the “moving parts” mostly evolve on their own. Gage really left me in a good place. We pick up with Angel in Magic Town, a place that exists because Gage arranged it. So much cool potential.

FS: How does Scott Allie’s role as Editor come into play with your work on Faith & Angel? Is he fairly “hands-on” or is he more of a “stand back and let you lead” type of presence? In your experience, can editors hinder the creative process or are they ultimately an important necessity for a project to succeed?

Gischler: I couldn’t do it without Scott. He really has his finger on the pulse of the Buffy-verse. He is full of good ideas and steers me away from my bad ideas. The book is really a team effort.

FS: What are some of the challenges of working with concepts like magic? When you’re working with an iconic licensed property like the Buffy-verse, are there structured rules for the way concepts like magic interact with the reality of the fictional landscape? Or do you get to expand things in a wildly creative fashion?

Gischler: Funny you should mention that because “New Rules” is the tag line for the season. Keep an eye on magic this season. It’s going to be fun. Don’t want to get spoilery, but, yeah, I’ve been having some fun experimenting.

FS: How has Faith grown as a character now that she’s moved on to California?

Gischler: Growth is what makes her think she maybe needs a little time off from Angel to feel what it’s like to be a solo act…California just happened to be an opportunity. But she’s still growing, still discovering things.

FS: Angel stayed in “Magic Town”. Will his adventures lead to the more normal spots around London or even England?

Gischler: Now and then, but the focus is Magic Town because that’s the place that needs him.

FS: In your mind, what’s Angel’s biggest strength? His biggest flaw? How do you connect with his character when you are scripting the story?

Gischler: I’m tempted to say that his sense of responsibility is both his strength and his flaw. It certainly keeps him busy. In a way, I try to dis-connect with him when scripting. I’m such a fan of all these characters that it’s tempting just to make them look cool for 22 pages and call it a day. But, naturally, we have to drop them into the hot soup and see how they get out of it.

FS: What are some of your personal challenges when you are approaching something that’s incredibly iconic? Can the iconicism of an intellectual property like the Buffy-verse get in it’s own way at times in terms of continuity at creating an expanded universe through comics?

Gischler: Well, I’m a fan of the show and a fan of the characters. And man…that was just NOT good enough. I found myself constantly going back to the show or previous seasons of the comic to remind myself of things. Just because I’m a fan does not mean I have an encyclopedic knowledge of the entire history of the Buffy-verse. Thank God for Netflix and the Dark Horse digital store.

FS: Can that become taxing or frustrating from a creative strand-point? Noodling through nuances as a fan and as a creator?

Gischler: Not taxing because it’s such good material. But it can be a time suck, and it turns out these comics come out EVERY MONTH! SO BUSY!!! (laughs)

FS: You aren’t a stranger to the realm of supernatural genre writing. What is the biggest draw for you creatively when it comes to supernatural subject matter?

Gischler: Fun toys to play with. Magic! Spells! Monsters! The focus needs to be on the characters, but the toys are fun too.

FS: What other projects are you working on currently? Also, where can fans expect to see you this convention season? What do you think about the fans of the Buffy-verse?

Gischler: Still not sure about convention stops. Generally, I just show up wherever invited if it fits in my schedule. But in addition to Angel & Faith fun, I have a book coming out this summer called Sally of the Wasteland from Titan Comics, and my epic fantasy novel Ink Mage is on sale now as an eBook on Amazon and the paperback hits later this month.

Last edited by comic fan; 04-04-2014 at 11:35 AM
Old 04-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the latest news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the update.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 2.

Preview: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #2 - Comic Book Resources

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Yost & Isaacs "Buffy: Season 10" #2

Buffy revisits past relationships in CBR's exclusive preview of Christos Gage and Rebekah Isaacs' "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10" #2!

The Scoobies are back—including li’l Giles! Revelations about a new kind of vampire menace and the blank Vampyr book have only just begun. Everyone has a job to do, and for Buffy, it’s treading the road of past relationships! Lucky girl . . .

Reply   Post New Thread