Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
Just a little something I found (source flyingtaxis)
Wowzers! Thanks, Joana!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just a little something I found
Awww I when you go Archie hunting on lunch breaks

Quote:
That would be interesting to watch and to see who he'll be. I'd love to see their dynamic together
I wouldn't. This storyline has catastrophe written all over it from the start. Kalinda, married? Has anyone else trouble seeing this, in any context? Even worse if it's an arranged marriage.
Seriously, if the goal is just to introduce another pseudo-cutie 20 something trying to throw his weight around next to the cosmic force that is Archie, like poor Scott Porter was, they should just forget it. I don't envision any scenario where this will be anything but a waste of screentime in S4.

We had Blake in S2. Dana and Cary in S3. Can we PLEASE for the love of everything holy skip the bad screentime sucking, not-at-all sexy, push/pull B storyline for Kalinda in S4? Pleeeeeeeease?

Quote:
But yeah, I am currently on Team Klana right now
Heh you shouldn't ship them too hard. Something tells me this is not going to end well.

Quote:
ut I do think it's more about having the upperhand and throwing her weight around a little. There is a power struggle there.
There definitely is. It was obvious from S1 and they go round and round with nobody ever getting on top (metaphorically speaking ) although I think Lana is about to make moves that are going to get ugly.

Quote:
I guess what happened could be skewed as sexual harrasment if Kalinda had no interest in Lana at all but I don't think that's the case here.
There's no sexual harassment. However it is presented. if Kalinda was working for Lana, and if she wasn't playing the game, then ok, maybe. But Kalinda is her own woman and Lana is not threatening or blackmailing her... yet. Nobody is being harassed.
Why is it that every time there is some kind of power play in a possibly sexual relationship, people cry "sexual harassment"?? That implies a victim. I think we can all agree (oh wait no I forgot ... mostly agree then) that Kalinda is NOT a victim?

Funny how nobody was talking sexual harassment when McJerk was having K arrested, uh? Could it be because the same people thinking Kalinda is a victim now wanted them together?

Quote:
I've actually read a few comments around the web implying that Lana is crazy like maybe psycho fatally attracted or something.
well... let me tell you when that happens, it's not really sexy. But um... Lana is an FBI agent. she is not a psycho. They kinda go through extensive psychological tests, just to make sure.

[QUOTE]I don't think she's crazy but she does actually seem bitter and jealous (i know that's just as bad lol).[/QUOTE
It's getting worse the more she's toyed with by Kalinda. And let's be honest, again, how could she NOT be jealous of Kalinda's relationship with Alicia?
She keeps getting played and ending nowhere, she's kept at arm's length and all the while Kalinda is ready to drop everything to defend and protect Alicia. Double standards?

Quote:
But I think it's just a result of her having a big ego being a beautiful big time FBI lady and not being able to get what she wants from Kalinda.
Kalinda is the one that escapes her and the harder she tries, the slippier Kalinda gets... (did that sound dirty to anyone else or is it just my brain on K/L? )

Quote:
Not gonna lie, I'm still a little worried about where this Kalinda and Lana stuff is going...How does it get more twisted. Sucks that we have to wait
I have theories. Kalinda asked Lana not to mix business and pleasure... I think she's about to find out just how separated things can be.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

[Kalinda is the one that escapes her and the harder she tries, the slippier Kalinda gets... (did that sound dirty to anyone else or is it just my brain on K/L? ]

That comment just made my day a little happier...

Looks like I should get back to work...

Quote:
We had Blake in S2. Dana and Cary in S3. Can we PLEASE for the love of everything holy skip the bad screentime sucking, not-at-all sexy, push/pull B storyline for Kalinda in S4? Pleeeeeeeease?
I second that!

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-27-2012 at 12:29 PM
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That comment just made my day a little happier...
if my dirty mind can make anyone's day brighter, I'm all for it

Old 03-27-2012, 12:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Lana is trying to seduce Kalinda. I don't see where the harassment is?
Quote:
Yeah I agree with you Fluff the use of sexual harrasment around the interwebs in reference to K/L confused me.
The reason I personally used the term is because as the person at the FBI leading this investigation against Kalinda, Lana is in a position of power at the moment – she can make this whole thing easier for K, or harder. The thing about bringing sex into a situation like this is that it kind of implies, “depending on if you have sex with me, I have more or less motivation to help you.” (Peter and Kalinda, anyone?) L may (will probably?) end up helping K in some way no matter if they sleep together or not, but I don’t blame K for responding to it like a too-aggressive move right now. We'll see how it actually goes down!

Quote:
I've actually read a few comments around the web implying that Lana is crazy like maybe psycho fatally attracted or something.
LOL, well I never considered that one. That would be an interesting twist. Alicia’s going to come home and her rabbit will be boiling in the stock pot.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The thing about bringing sex into a situation like this is that it kind of implies, “depending on if you have sex with me, I have more or less motivation to help you.”
I see your point and you're right mixing both can get tricky but Lana has helped Kalinda before and not demanded sex in return, which is where things get confusing for me as to how it's "harassment".
Also, as I said, it implies a victim and Kalinda is certainly not. Her response is certainly proof of that.

Quote:
(Peter and Kalinda, anyone?)
Oh I strongly disagree here. I'm sure we will never know how things happened because the writers have no reason to go back there and it was sketchy to begin with but there is NO scenario I can imagine that has Peter forcing Kalinda to have sex to help her.
For one thing, Kalinda wouldn't have gone with it. She would have found someone else to help her.
For another, it's just not how Kalinda operates. She seduces and manipulates (unlike Peter) so whatever she needed from him, she most likely seduced him to get it and NOT the other way around.
And lastly, regardless of her affection for Alicia, if Peter had demanded sex in trade for his help, you can bet your ass she would NEVER have helped him out, even for Alicia's sake. She'd probably have helped Childs just for the fun of it. Nope, nope, nope.

Quote:
L may (will probably?) end up helping K in some way no matter if they sleep together or not, but I don’t blame K for responding to it like a too-aggressive move right now. We'll see how it actually goes down!
I don't think that's how it's going to go down. I think Lana is about to show Kalinda that she can separate business and pleasure way too easily and Kalinda might end up wishing she didn't. Because let's be honest here, Kalinda also mixes both to her advantage with Lana. She might be losing her edge if things get separated.

Quote:
LOL, well I never considered that one. That would be an interesting twist. Alicia’s going to come home and her rabbit will be boiling in the stock pot.
maybe that's the whole point of the house story...
Lana is going to burn it to the ground! Haha!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I see your point and you're right mixing both can get tricky but Lana has helped Kalinda before and not demanded sex in return, which is where things get confusing for me as to how it's "harassment".
Also, as I said, it implies a victim and Kalinda is certainly not. Her response is certainly proof of that.

Oh I strongly disagree here. I'm sure we will never know how things happened because the writers have no reason to go back there and it was sketchy to begin with but there is NO scenario I can imagine that has Peter forcing Kalinda to have sex to help her.
For one thing, Kalinda wouldn't have gone with it. She would have found someone else to help her.
For another, it's just not how Kalinda operates. She seduces and manipulates (unlike Peter) so whatever she needed from him, she most likely seduced him to get it and NOT the other way around.
And lastly, regardless of her affection for Alicia, if Peter had demanded sex in trade for his help, you can bet your ass she would NEVER have helped him out, even for Alicia's sake. She'd probably have helped Childs just for the fun of it. Nope, nope, nope.

I don't think that's how it's going to go down. I think Lana is about to show Kalinda that she can separate business and pleasure way too easily and Kalinda might end up wishing she didn't. Because let's be honest here, Kalinda also mixes both to her advantage with Lana. She might be losing her edge if things get separated.

maybe that's the whole point of the house story...
Lana is going to burn it to the ground! Haha!
I think you are right on the money with this assessment of the Peter/Kalinda situation, Carla. It just doesn't fit the canon characters any other way really. K had to do it by her own volition and no other reason imo.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

A Brit actress, @SerenaLorien just tweeted this:

Quote:
The wonderful, fellow British actress, Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife) has joined the cast of one of my films shooting later this year!
And Archie now does appear in the cast of a small Indie shooting in LA this summer

Heart Stopper (2012)

(the poster is from another movie, no worries)

Old 03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Something tells me this is not going to end well.

I think Lana is about to make moves that are going to get ugly.

I think it's actually going to get mighty weird, not ugly, but rather
awkward funny. If we look back on the entire S3 Kalinda, she has been quite low key, and business like, not much happy pleasure at all. She was self contained, almost demure.

Now we see the aware happy Kalinda with friendship on the mend with Alicia. I think Lana is going to tease the hell out of Kalinda, but not give an inch at all. The so call new Business/Pleasure split rule will be put to an absolute test.

Since TGW were so nice in letting JF announce herself on Ep 19 (What was your name again? ) I think they'll keep the ending very open to leave things clear for more visits from Lana in S4.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it's actually going to get mighty weird, not ugly, but rather awkward funny.
Hm... I doubt that. Jill doesn't use the word "twisted" lightly imo

Quote:
If we look back on the entire S3 Kalinda, she has been quite low key, and business like, not much happy pleasure at all. She was self contained, almost demure.
Yep and my guess is there WILL be sex.

Quote:
I think Lana is going to tease the hell out of Kalinda, but not give an inch at all. The so call new Business/Pleasure split rule will be put to an absolute test.
Nope I think it's going to be split alright but in the "I'll sleep with you but don't count on me to get you out of trouble when you need me next time now that you're under FBI investigation" way.

Quote:
Since TGW were so nice in letting JF announce herself on Ep 19 (What was your name again? )
and all the while tooting Mr Sunshine's horn for weeks

Quote:
I think they'll keep the ending very open to leave things clear for more visits from Lana in S4.
I wish. I don't know. If I'm right the end of the season WILL require some Lana next season, at least at the beginning, but I don't know if it's going to be a long term/recurring thing. They know they can't count on her once ****ing RP has sunk their filthy claws into her back. I mean... Hank DOES need someone to carry his bag and call 911, right?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I wish. I don't know. If I'm right the end of the season WILL require some Lana next season, at least at the beginning, but I don't know if it's going to be a long term/recurring thing.
I think JF has a new deal with RP for their S4. I wouldn't have believed it, but remember? She's already appeared on another CBS show (CSI Miami) and even used in the promos' and pics. Now TGW. It wasn't like that before, the USA Network control was rigid, things have opened up.

I'm hopeful. The rating numbers were pretty good, and the critics loved Ep 19. This is a good sign. The hardcore TGW fans liked the more dialogue version than the popular vote episodes earlier this season.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't have believed it, but remember? She's already appeared on another CBS show (CSI Miami) and even used in the promos' and pics. Now TGW. It wasn't like that before, the USA Network rules were rigid.
Let's hope so. They were both shot while RP was on hiatus though, right?

Quote:
I'm hopeful. The rating numbers were pretty good, and the critics loved Ep 19. This is a good sign. The hardcore TGW fans liked the more dialogue version than the popular vote episodes earlier this season.
If only they hadn't been delayed, I'm pretty sure the ratings would have higher too! Many people were waiting for A/K to defrost since last year. But hey, 9 million people clinging to the show even through delays and dragging storylines... not too shabby, right?
I hope whatever's coming for K/L, they'll make it last at least into the beginning of next season.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

NewFriend, are you thinking they'll leave it open ended because JF tweeted something today saying she was curious to see how the storyline will play out on TGW? Just wondering. I think it'd be kinda cool if something with K/L leads to something big in the finale which would require JF's return. *sigh* I'm already sad about not knowing when Lana will be back. Well at least they threw a bone

Quote:
Yep and my guess is there WILL be sex.
Ok, I'm not gonna bet against this considering the Dana/Cary triangle fail and the lack of Kalinda sexytime all season. I don't count the C/K kiss.

Honestly, my heart can't take Lana giving Kalinda the cold shoulder. So I hope that if something gets twisted it gets untwisted quickly. They can't sink one of the few ships that I actually like.

Well I guess I have over a month to obsess over what's gonna happen. ...Or at least until some nice person leaks a spoiler or two.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Let's hope so. They were both shot while RP was on hiatus though, right?

If only they hadn't been delayed, I'm pretty sure the ratings would have higher too! Many people were waiting for A/K to defrost since last year. But hey, 9 million people clinging to the show even through delays and dragging storylines... not too shabby, right?
I hope whatever's coming for K/L, they'll make it last at least into the beginning of next season.
Yes, but when she did TGW S2 ep, the other network only allowed one episode, and there weren't any photos. Now there's photo's, press releases, and more than one episode. Plus look at JF on Tweeter, she's not shying away from promoting herself on a non-USA Network show.

Well... we can always demand those web episodes of KALINDA♥LAND of Kalinda and Lana.

I'm not particulary interested in seeing who the ex-husband is unless it's a killer storyline, a great actor and meaningful for Kalinda character development to evaluate her current place in S4. Maybe to contrast the Kalinda story to Alicia's history. Different journey, but perhaps in the same moment of life stage in S4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
are you thinking they'll leave it open ended because JF tweeted something today saying she was curious to see how the storyline will play out on TGW? Just wondering.
Actually, yes and no. I think what JF may have meant is she only knows her parts of the episode. Doesn't know what Archie and JM film in their scenes for Ep 20 or what ends up in the final broadcasted show to follow thru for Ep 21 and the finale.

Last edited by AnewFriend; 03-27-2012 at 07:32 PM
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
NewFriend, are you thinking they'll leave it open ended because JF tweeted something today saying she was curious to see how the storyline will play out on TGW?
Oooh she did? Damn I stayed off twitter today
On the other hand, that could be something Lana does that has repercussions but doesn't need her there. Kinda like Squiddy and the whole A/K/P thing and the Will arc.
I do hope she comes back next season.

Quote:
Just wondering. I think it'd be kinda cool if something with K/L leads to something big in the finale which would require JF's return. *sigh*
Oh please TV Gods, don't let them replace Jill again with Special Agent Lambda because RP needs her to call 911!

Quote:
I'm already sad about not knowing when Lana will be back. Well at least they threw a bone
It's not 320 so it has to be 321 and/or the finale. Jill is working on RP but maybe they spared her for the day.
TGW is shooting the finale right now so there's a decent chance she tweeted that today because she got her shooting script, no?

Quote:
Ok, I'm not gonna bet against this considering the Dana/Cary fail and the lack of Kalinda sexytime all season. I don't count the C/K kiss.
well of course you don't. That was OtherKalinda, the alternate character also played by Archie but who only bears a physical resemblance (and the cool clothes) of Kalinda, cloned for the purpose of trying to bait the kiddies to CBS.
And I didn't say it was going to be onscreen sex. I think we might get a kiss between those two at last (if only for the sake of poetic justice since S1 ended with a kiss behind a door and they want to show how much they have "grown" but also because Lana got an onscreen name so they know what we want ).
But I think it's going to go farther than that.

Quote:
Honestly, my heart can't take Lana giving Kalinda the cold shoulder. So I hope that if something gets twisted it gets untwisted quickly. They can't sink one of the few ships that I actually like.
I hope they don't. But if what I think is going to happen... happens, that's just power play again and that doesn't mean it's sunk.

Quote:
Well I guess I have over a month to obsess over what's gonna happen. ...Or at least until some nice person leaks a spoiler or two.
don't count on it. When is the last time we had a Kalinda spoiler that didn't have to do with Cary or a boyfriend or a husband?