Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Who changed it then?

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

No idea!

Sooooo The Fall was damn great, not sure how crazy I am going to go next week when Archie appears on my screen with an accent

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Where is Archie hiding? I was expecting a post finale interview but I guess she didn't have much to say?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Where is Archie hiding? I was expecting a post finale interview but I guess she didn't have much to say?
She's never done post finale interviews because... well they're never about Kalinda (last season was the exception actually, although with what they've done with it )

And she was busy with better things. Shooting I Origins in India (and I hoooope something else but I have no way to confirm)

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Looking THIS GOOD should be a ****ing crime!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

HEHE Jace knows us well

The Haunting New Serial-Killer Thriller Heading to Netflix - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Panjabi—so fantastic as legal snoop Kalinda Sharma on CBS’s The Good Wife—isn’t given all that much to do here as pathologist Pamela Reed-Smith, though Kalinda’s legion of fans will relish seeing Panjabi with her hair down, a sharp medical examiner and mother whose character furthers the series’ exploration of feminism through traditionally feminine ideals. These two female protagonists offer a portrait of career women who aren’t beholden to outdated rules.
THIS DOES NOT GET OLD!

Also this scene

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Does anyone have a link so I can watch this? Or download it...

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-22-2013 at 06:50 PM Reason: By PM please :P
Old 05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Remember the photos of Archie vaccinating kids in India? I reckon that was around the time she was I Origins was filming. There's some video of her going to hospitals, visiting patients and doing vaccinations on rotary.org. However, at the end of the package there's a lady talking about how celebrities like Archie have thousands of twitter followers and facebook fans to help get the word out and I'm like... no. LOL. I wish! Have you met Archie?

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-22-2013 at 06:50 PM Reason: Edited for illegal content, sorry ;)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Archie looked amazing in The Fall!

I forgot how much I liked her hair Also, it's really long! And I love her voice (and her). Although she didn't have many scenes, I really like her character so far.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Looking THIS GOOD should be a ****ing crime!
Pretty sure it is in some country that's why women walk around in cages

Quote:
Does anyone have a link so I can watch this? Or download it...
Pfff not seeing the illegal talk in this thread (</modtalk> <Flufftalk> you know you can just PM me and I'll hook you up, right? </Flufftalk>)

Quote:
However, at the end of the package there's a lady talking about how celebrities like Archie have thousands of twitter followers and facebook fans to help get the word out and I'm like... no. LOL. I wish! Have you met Archie?
nope! Well we don't know really. When I told her everyone over here would be dying if she got herself on Twitter, she said "what makes you think i'm not on Twitter?" with a teasing grin but I think she just meant she reads tweets about the show. Or maybe she does have an anonymous twitter account but I doubt it.

Quote:
Remember the photos of Archie vaccinating kids in India? I reckon that was around the time she was I Origins was filming. There's some video of her going to hospitals, visiting patients and doing vaccinations on rotary.org.
Very cool! Thanks (well, not cool at all, it's terrible. I'm glad Archie is lending her celebrity to something that's important to her and should be important to more people)

Quote:
Also, it's really long! And I love her voice (and her)
She was brilliant! And Gillian and her really have the best expressions with their eyes in that scene where they are wearing masks! So much gets through and you could tell right away it was them (not Bob )

Sorry I can't help thinking of that scene from Hot Fuzz with Cate Blanchett every time I see those overalls and masks.

I mean THIS scene

Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oops! Didn't realize I couldn't say anything about [censored] at all. Just thought I couldn't post links. Sorry! As it is a BBC show, can I mention The Fall is available on BBC iplayer to stream? It's their official site.

Last edited by ~Rista~; 05-23-2013 at 12:02 PM
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

I know this is mostly about Gillian but she talks about our girl

Just imagine Gillian saying "Archieeeee"

Gillian Anderson On 'The Fall' And Returning To American TV In 'Crisis'

Quote:
The rest of "The Fall" cast -- Archie Panjabi with "The Good Wife" and Jamie Dornan with "Once Upon a Time" -- has had crossover success here. How was it working with them?
Archie is a fantastic actress and we have a very interesting and compelling relationship in "The Fall." Anytime that you get good, seasoned actors on the set together, it can only raise everybody's game.
Quote:
that's why women walk around in cages
so ****ed up! I never said hide it

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oops! Didn't realize I couldn't say anything about [censored] at all. Just thought I couldn't post links. Sorry! As it is a BBC show, can I mention The Fall is available on BBC iplayer to stream? It's their official site.
It's cool, as long as it's officially released by the network

Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Actress Archie Panjabi signs on with Rotary to eradicate polio
Rotary.org: Actress and Rotary polio ambassador Archie Panjabi immunizes children against polio in India

There's a video at the website.

Quote:
British-born actress Archie Panjabi, best known to millions of TV viewers as the sultry, enigmatic investigator Kalinda Sharma on the hit series, "The Good Wife," has teamed up with the humanitarian organization Rotary International to protect children everywhere by eradicating the crippling disease polio.

And her involvement extends beyond simply lending her name and celebrity to a cause – she has witnessed the devastation caused by polio.

"I grew up in London and at the age of 10, I moved to Mumbai for 2 years," said Panjabi. "One of the things that struck me on my daily walk to school was seeing polio survivors crawling on the streets using just their hands."

There is no cure for polio, but the disease is vaccine-preventable. In March, the Emmy Award-winner took to the streets of New Delhi, India, with a team of Rotary volunteers to immunize children with the oral polio vaccine and visit with young polio patients at a local hospital. She says it was a life-changing experience.

"I visited a health clinic, where I met parents who brought their babies, siblings who brought their little brothers and sisters – all to receive the oral polio vaccine," said Panjabi. "I myself placed drops of vaccine into a child's mouth, and I was so moved… knowing that this child was now safe from this devastating disease forever."

On April 24-25, Panjabi served as program emcee for The Global Vaccine Summit in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, where she spent time as a child. The Summit was co-hosted by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon; Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; and Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince, His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

The summit brought together health experts, policy-makers and other stakeholders from government agencies, the private sector and civil society to stress the importance of providing universal access to life-saving vaccines to children everywhere. During the event, global leaders and philanthropists signaled their confidence in a new polio endgame strategy by pledging close to three-quarters of the plan's projected US$5.5 billion cost to eradicate polio within six years.

Panjabi's involvement in the fight against polio began in 2011, when she signed on as a celebrity ambassador in Rotary's award-winning "This Close" public awareness campaign, with the catch phrase "We Are This Close to Ending Polio." Other Rotary Ambassadors for polio eradication include Gates, Queen Noor of Jordan, Nobel Peace Prize laureate Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, actress Amanda Peet, actor Jackie Chan, classical violinist Itzhak Perlman, and golf legend Jack Nicklaus. More than 19,000 people from 144 countries have added their support to the digital application of the PSA, called the "World's Biggest Commercial."

In September 2012, Panjabi emceed the polio segment of the Global Citizen Festival concert in New York City's Central Park – headlined by Foo Fighters, The Black Keys and Neil Young with Crazy Horse – reaching millions of television and online viewers with Rotary's polio eradication message.

Rotary is a spearheading partner in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, along with the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Launched in 1988, the initiative also now receives major support from the Gates Foundation. Since 1988, polio cases have dropped dramatically, from more than 350,000 a year to just 223 cases in 2012. Cases this year number at only 26 – an all-time low – providing the best opportunity ever to make history by ending polio once and for all. Among human diseases, only one, smallpox, has been completely eradicated.

Polio today remains endemic in only three countries: Afghanistan, Nigeria, and Pakistan. India, once expected to be the last country to beat polio, was removed from the endemic list in 2012 and will be declared polio-free if it reaches January 2014 with no new cases. This makes Panjabi particularly proud.

"Seeing India become polio-free is tremendous, and I am committed to making sure that no other child anywhere suffers from polio again," said Panjabi.

Rotary is a global humanitarian organization with more than 1.2 million members in 34,000 Rotary clubs in over 200 countries and geographical areas. Rotary members are men and women who are business, professional and community leaders with a shared commitment to make the world a better place through humanitarian service.

To access broadcast quality video footage and still photos go to: Media Center.

For additional information, visit endpolionow.org.

Very sweet. So I guess this happened in March.