Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nanda I am glad you can laugh. The CS and Episode 5 will break your heart.

OMG GUYS THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. AND THAT'S HOW STOVENS AND FELLOWES RUINED CHRISTMAS, I DON'T HAVE A HEART ANYMORE, JUST SAYING.

I mean why would you do this? Air the episode ON CHRISTMAS and then do that horrible thing to the fandom.

I AM SPEECHLESS.

YOU MEAN HAPPINESS IN DOWNTON? I DON'T THINK SO.

But in the mean time in Scotland JFDSLFJDSLJFDSJFKDSL

I really don't want to spoil anyone but the CS the last thing will do is getting you in the Xmas mood THANK YOU FELLOWES.

AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ALMOST A YEAR TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED, OMG

Spoiler:

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 12-25-2012 at 10:26 PM
Old 12-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And it's actually a good thing because a show with just two characters for many seasons would get incredibly boring.
Yes, and they do give the different avtaars of the Doctor different characteristics, don't they? I wonder how that works out since it's supposed to be the same 'person' regenerating. All these little questions make me really curious to watch the show.

Quote:
"I bet Dan Humpherey is Jon Snow's mother
That was beyond ridiculous. I havent watched the show since S1 and I think there were a lot of times GG hurt Dan in his life because of her exposes. Even so, the series was always a bit silly because of teenagers acting like they ran NY.

I bet Dan Humpherey is the mole in the CIA.
I bet Dan Humphrey is Keyser Soze.
I bet Dan Humphrey actually shot JFK

Quote:
but thinking about it it was actually great. Look at how bad the CIA treated her lately and Brody has been the one person who understands her and at least seem to trust her.
Oh absolutely. I think she was going to leave with Brody till she saw the tape of the new Al-Qaeda commander saying they were going to lay waste to America. From S1 two of Carrie's characteristics have been a) how much this job was a calling to her and b) how much of a mess her personal life was and that was not something she was unaware of.

With regard to (a) I'd say she lost track of the big picture in capturing Abu Nazir, she forgot that even if she cuts off the head of the snake a new one will take it's place. That video was a call back to reality to her.
While wrt (b) there's a great scene in Saul's office in S1, after Brody has broken things off with her, where she says she sees her future as being single lifelong. Which has really jolted her. S2 offered her hope on both ends. She's seen her life's mission aka killing Nazir to it's end, and she had a bright future ahead with the man she loved. I can't see why she would not turn the CIA down. But I also see why her mission outweighed Brody in the end.

Quote:
Taking risks it's partially why Homeland has been this good.
While that's true, they've never taken risks with the characters. S2 had the biggest risks they've taken by killing off 2 semi-main and 1 main character off. If they get rid of Brody too, the show will be working on a very reduced capacity. Still, I think Carrie, Saul and Quinn are strong enough characters to pull it off.

Quote:
We still get a new case in every episode. I'm not that kind of thing. But Sherlock's format is still much better than other shows since they get an hour and a half. And besides not liking BC's acting, he looks like a potato/the evil thing from The Hobbit
That's true, but then again that's the spirit of the stories. The lovely thing is that all eps can be traced to one or more originals and they're pretty intriguing. Also come with heaps of character development. And as the writers say, other detectives have cases, Sherlock Holmes has adventures. (/fangirling)
About BC's attractiveness, I can't say anything to convince someone else. I fall into the category who finds him massively attractive as Sherlock but not necessarily so in every role he plays. I'd say he plays Sherlock as effortlessly sexy and badass. Which is just him acting his heart out, and not so much something he's born with. The also style him more 'pleasing to the eye' in S2 methinks.

Quote:
Oh you should watch Nine too, it's only 13 episodes.
Oh yes I mean to. I thought Eccleston was 10 earlier.

Quote:
Do any of you girls have that Xmas movie thing tradition?
I did. But I used to watch an episode of Buffy earlier, and now I've outgrown the whole thing. We do have our own traditions, but they don't involve any specific movie.

Quote:
and what a country is also responsible for (you send your people to war, and when they come back, after being brainwash and torture you're just going to condemn them, I find it a little too easy). Not having this kind of relationship takes back some profoundness to the show.
Which is why I find everyone who has the pitchforks out for Brody a little odd. His character is a great representation of someone who has been cleaved into two because of the horrors he's seen in war - committed by both sides. And through him, I thought the audience would see that too. No one was blameless, not America and not Abu Nazir. So while Brody strapping on that vest should not have been an option, he showed real regret for his actions later. But he still believed Walden was evil, where he was not wrong. And that's the moral compass in Brody that Carrie recognizes.

Quote:
think about that scene after the explosion, her first thought was that he did it. Can she truly ever believe he has changed? or will she only have doubts? I think also people think that some of her actions this season have been more for Brody than her for job, not sure I agree, but I can see why people feel this way.
Which is why I love their r/p as good TV, but if I were their therapist I'd advice them to stay the heck away from each other. Still, there could be trust in the long run, under fairly normal circumstances. A bomb blast in the CIA HQ from Brody's car is NOT normal. When they were planning their future, they did not factor something like that happening again. It's not like Carrie would constantly suspect Brody of having eating the last of her favorite cupcake, or of puncturing her car when she was running late for work in everyday life.
As for the second thing, the fact that she went back to me was her ultimate choice. She chose her country and her means of protecting it - working for the CIA, above Brody.

Also, I started watching GoT. Not loving it yet, still trying to get used to it. But only 3 eps in. I'm hoping the characters pull me in.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Nanda I am glad you can laugh. The CS and Episode 5 will break your heart.
Nah, I don't think I care anymore to affect me.

Quote:
Yes, and they do give the different avtaars of the Doctor different characteristics, don't they? I wonder how that works out since it's supposed to be the same 'person' regenerating. All these little questions make me really curious to watch the show.
It does. I don't remember if they ever explained it, but in a way it makes sense. The thing, the idea of this show is very interesting, the execution, not so much. It makes me really angry sometimes, there are really great things that should be explored and instead they stay on the superficial because that's what this show is.

Quote:
If they get rid of Brody too, the show will be working on a very reduced capacity. Still, I think Carrie, Saul and Quinn are strong enough characters to pull it off.
It all depends on how they do it though, right? Because right now that seems a bit hard to pull off but maybe by the end of season 3 it won't.

Quote:
Oh yes I mean to. I thought Eccleston was 10 earlier.
Good! Many people say great things about 9, I think I need a rewatch at some point. It was the first season I watched so I was struggling with the show and I don't like his companion so I didn't even try to appreciate 9.

Quote:
Also, I started watching GoT. Not loving it yet, still trying to get used to it. But only 3 eps in. I'm hoping the characters pull me in.
I was the same. I started to "sort of like it" at the end of episode 4. And look at me now
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Extreme Fan

A quick question, has anyone seen Prisoners of War - the Isreali original of Homeland and if yes, then is it worth it? I am currently thinking of investing some time into it. Heard it delves into the psychological more than Homeland, and that is my favorite part of Homeland.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'll just look forward to the awkwardness.
Carrie : There was that one time when your father and I were spooning after having some really wild sex and he started talking about Issa......
Dana : God!! You're crazy, who talks like that? Also why is that avuncular man in the corner facepalming and not drinking his milk? It'll go baddddddd. Why am I even here???

or

Dana : So I figured my father was a terrorist because he didn't let me watch him get dressed THAT day like he does usually....
Carrie : OHMYGODMETOO!! I love watching him get dressed. And undressed
Dana : Oh no.

Quote:
I don't know what it is... it's like people have stopped reading books with well-developed characters and all they need is these never-ending twists and turns that supposed to be a brain teaser, but in fact they are nothing more than just cheap tricks.
Thank you! I feel exactly the same way! And I had similar conversation about Saul with my friend, I pointed out he had too much integrity to do sth like this, and she replied: "Exactly, he looks to good to be true" Seriously, Homeland serves us with a million turns already, so why people need to look for more where it doesn't make sense and contradicts what we know about his character and what the writers tell us?

Quote:
The best part were the jokes. "I bet Dan Humpherey is Jon Snow's mother"

Quote:
You must try out The Thick of It in that case. Capaldi is the star of the show and he's pretty genius. It just ended it's run.
Nice! I've heard about it but had no idea that Capaldi was in it, more reasons to watch

Quote:
I know! I don't know if there's a chance of a third season, I hope so! Can you imagine it ending like that??
I'll be freaking mad if they leave it like that
Quote:
What?? What theories??
I've read many comments about Saul beng the mole after the finale, mostly on TVLine, but also on other sites

Eug, about DA
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I've been watching a bit of Prisoners of War. Seen 2-3 eps. And it's interesting how similar, yet how different it is from Homeland. Because I think I know how the central mystery will resolve itself, that aspect does not hold much sway over me. But the family stuff is generally quite intriguing, even though familiar. So far I've seen it as a study in distinctions. And it's interesting how far Homeland strayed from the emotional core of the show. PoW dwells on the torture these men (there are two returning soldiers here, and one who died) endured in a lot more detail. The family stories are spread over 3 families and they are the core of the story. If Homeland is the story of Carrie, then PoW is told from Brody's pov.
I'm not sure how much more of it I'll watch, because it's full of deja vu (even some of the dialogue is the same), but it's been intersting so far. Now I'm wondering why they decided to fashion this into a spy thriller with a strong central figure like Carrie as the audiences touch point instead.

Quote:
It makes me really angry sometimes, there are really great things that should be explored and instead they stay on the superficial because that's what this show is.
To be fair, it is ultimately a children's show. I'm not surprised that they'll dwell on the bells and whistles aspects of it more than any deeper metaphysical/philosophical quandaries those situations throw up. If adults chose to watch the show and draw their own enjoyment from it, that's a supplementary goal the show has to cater to, not it's raison d'etre.

About DA, what can I say? I really really don't care anymore. Not because of this particular episode but because of S2 and S3 in general.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
To be fair, it is ultimately a children's show. I'm not surprised that they'll dwell on the bells and whistles aspects of it more than any deeper metaphysical/philosophical quandaries those situations throw up.
I know, still frustrating though

Is anyone still watching Fringe?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Eug, about DA
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
YES, YOU'RE RIGHT, I AM SORRY FELLOWES AND THANK YOU FOR THE COBERT MOMENTS

LALALALA I CAN'T STOP MAKING GIFS LALALALALA

And yes, it's official, ITV said it...

Spoiler:

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is anyone still watching Fringe?
Still in love with every bit of it, yes

icon by madness
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Hat (View Post)
Still in love with every bit of it, yes
I'm having a really hard time catching up on it. I don't know if I'll be able to before the finale airs. I think I lost all interest
weird thing you show up here because I think I finally went back to ER today. I don't know how long it's going to last but I'm watching season 7.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry to hear that, specially with only 3 hours of the show left

You are?? You should stop by our board! Is it your first time watching season 7??

icon by madness
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that, specially with only 3 hours of the show left

You are?? You should stop by our board! Is it your first time watching season 7??
I fell behind last season and never really caught up on Fringe. So disappointed in myself, but catch the show whenever I can. Still amazing as ever...

ER does any network still air it? I never see it anymore!

- Mel
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way

I actually don't know, I either watch my DVDs or online

icon by madness
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes. I blame Doctor Who. Damn Doctor Who! But I've been meaning to watch at least season 7 for ages. I'll be really busy soon so I don't know if I'll be able to, but I'll try! Hm kind of. I watched most of season 7 because of Elizabeth Mitchell (after 7.06 I watched everything because I started to like the show), but it was a completely different situation since I didn't know anything about s1-s6.

Quote:
I fell behind last season and never really caught up on Fringe. So disappointed in myself, but catch the show whenever I can. Still amazing as ever...
I loved s1-s3, but I was really disappointed last season :/ and this season is even more disappointing to me. Well I've only seen two episodes but I couldn't care about a single thing. I miss Olivia
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh so you HAVE watched all seasons?? Excellent! I have a friend who is absolutely in love with Doctor Who, and I told her I'd watch it if she watched Castle, but neither of us kept our promise I honestly just wanted to watch it because of Alex Kingston, but then I thought I wouldn't understand anything so decided to start from the beginning and I really REALLY cannot stand Rose, OR the Doctor himself, not at least judging from the first episodes I saw

Sorry you don't like the show anymore Nanda

icon by madness