Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I'm in a pickle. I was looking at my poor half-finished (sometimes less than half ) fanfics laying out there like beached whales on the desolate sands of my creativity (see how positive I start already?) and the one I really feel like going for, I started in season 2 and the premise has been totally destroyed by the show since so I'm conflicted now. Do I change it? Do I keep going as if we were back in season 2?

Thoughts?

I recently thought of a fic that would take place around season 2. I think it could be very refreshing, since most stories are season 4/season 5 at the moment. It could work perfectly. It is definitely something I'd like to read. 'Back in the days' when I did ER fanfiction, there were many stories that took place in earlier seasons. Just let the reader know in the summary, A/N and remind the reader of the setting at that time.

You could also start with an actual scene from the show perhaps, to get the reader back to that specific setting so they're remembered what the storyline and the characters were like at the time?

The point that the premise has been destroyed by the show is all the more reason to put it out there
Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahwrites89 (View Post)
I recently thought of a fic that would take place around season 2. I think it could be very refreshing, since most stories are season 4/season 5 at the moment. It could work perfectly. It is definitely something I'd like to read. 'Back in the days' when I did ER fanfiction, there were many stories that took place in earlier seasons. Just let the reader know in the summary, A/N and remind the reader of the setting at that time.

You could also start with an actual scene from the show perhaps, to get the reader back to that specific setting so they're remembered what the storyline and the characters were like at the time?

The point that the premise has been destroyed by the show is all the more reason to put it out there
What she said O.o
Old 07-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I was looking at my poor half-finished (sometimes less than half ) fanfics laying out there like beached whales on the desolate sands of my creativity (see how positive I start already?) and the one I really feel like going for, I started in season 2 and the premise has been totally destroyed by the show since so I'm conflicted now. Do I change it? Do I keep going as if we were back in season 2?
If I got the chance to read a TGW FF from Season 2 I would start reading immediately. Those were the days... when everything was still okay (at least compared to what we have now) *sigh...*. I think the most important thing is that you can still connect to a story. If you can, GO FOR IT ! If you can't, don't waste your energy and start something you can connect to. There are a lot of whales in the ocean - plus the ones stranded on your beach - and it might be wise to take the one that's closest to your heart. Anyway, I'm very pleased to hear that you're thinking about writing again and I can't wait to read it!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Since there are both an Alicia/Peter chapter and an Alicia/Will one so far, I thought that this was a safer and more neutral ground to post it

All about Marilyn Chapter 1: Alicia & Peter, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction
Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Demoka`s prompt in the ficathon about Eli and Elsbeth really spoke to my imagination... But I had to follow my heart... So... This is the result;

Summary; Eli needs something but instead finds himself in an awkward conversation with Elsbeth.

Exactly what he needed - justlovebt - The Good Wife (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Exactly what he needed, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction
Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlovebt (View Post)
Demoka`s prompt in the ficathon about Eli and Elsbeth really spoke to my imagination... But I had to follow my heart... So... This is the result;

Summary; Eli needs something but instead finds himself in an awkward conversation with Elsbeth.

Exactly what he needed - justlovebt - The Good Wife (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Exactly what he needed, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction
So good! So good! And so glad you took this prompt! Your Elsbeth is outstanding
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it a short fic, or a longer one?
hun, it's me, Fluff. You should know by now that nothing is short with me
Even my "short" ones are novel sized

Quote:
Whuhahaha I really feel like I am giving advice abt smth I know nothing about
yeah I know, it's bizarre. I just didn't want to go into details since I think it's silly now

Quote:
it's definitely anchored that way. But it also has a long scene with Eli and Kalinda meeting and since then it's happened on the show and it's completely different so that's a problem.

Quote:
If I got the chance to read a TGW FF from Season 2 I would start reading immediately. Those were the days... when everything was still okay
I know what you mean! I have S1/2 nostalgia!

Quote:
Anyway, I'm very pleased to hear that you're thinking about writing again and I can't wait to read it!
Thanks hun

And thank you all for the advice. It's good to have writers around whose brains to poke

Quote:
Since there are both an Alicia/Peter chapter and an Alicia/Will one so far, I thought that this was a safer and more neutral ground to post it
we are Switzerland here!

Quote:
oh wow, I love it! You capture Elsbeth's voice and her crazy so perfectly! Haha!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinaberetta (View Post)
So good! So good! And so glad you took this prompt! Your Elsbeth is outstanding
Thank you so much! And thanks again for the proofread

Quote:
oh wow, I love it! You capture Elsbeth's voice and her crazy so perfectly! Haha!
Look at me, capturing crazy... I wonder why that is... Thanks hun! And both of you for the review it means a lot!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for this cute little story, justlovetb! I loved your Elsbeth and your Eli. I can totally see that happening on screen .
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlegaspi (View Post)
Thank you for this cute little story, justlovetb! I loved your Elsbeth and your Eli. I can totally see that happening on screen .
Thanks! I saw it in my mind eye when I wrote as well, Eli just standing there with the contents of Elsbeth`s bag in his hands it was really fun to write. I`m actually working on one of yours now, but it doesn't really want to flow... If I don't feel confident enough to post it, I promide ill give it to you after the ficathon

Hugs
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

You're working on one of my prompts, justlovetb? Wow, cool . I just finished a story with one of your prompts. I hope you'll like it . Here's the link:

Late-Blooming

Thank you for the nice prompt: Alicia/Kalinda - Old Age.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You're working on one of my prompts, justlovetb? Wow, cool . I just finished a story with one of your prompts. I hope you'll like it . Here's the link:

Late-Blooming

Thank you for the nice prompt: Alicia/Kalinda - Old Age.

Jumping up and down with joy! THIS! So amazing! I love it! Yahooooooooooo
Old 07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yahooooooooooo
Thank you, justlovetb! When I told my beta-reader Sarah that I was working on this prompt she said that she could totally see 80 years old Kalinda sitting in a rocking chair all day with her baseball bat in her lap, watching out that nobody would harm a hair of Alicia's hair. Well, in my version Alicia and Kalinda are only twenty years older than they are 2013, so I wasn't sure if you would like my version of your prompt. I'm really glad you do!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
When I told my beta-reader Sarah that I was working on this prompt she said that she could totally see 80 years old Kalinda sitting in a rocking chair all day with her baseball bat in her lap!
LOL Can you imagine?

Quote:
Well, in my version Alicia and Kalinda are only twenty years older than they are 2013, so I wasn't sure if you would like my version of your prompt. I'm really glad you do
I really do! I am thrilled you filled it
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, I kind of wanted to write a happy fic, and sat down for a happy prompt... Yeah... So... Mission NOT accomplished. SORRY!

Title: The power of touch
Author: Bepatientimadoc AKA justlovebt
Pairing: Alicia/Kalinda
Genre: Romance, angst
Prompt: Have you ever been in love with a woman, or do you just like sleeping with them?

Summary: Kalinda tries to answer, or rather avoid Alicia`s quasi-serious question in her usual way, but finds her head, or is it her heart, is not in the game.

The power of touch - justlovebt - The Good Wife (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

or

The power of touch, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction

P.S. Also I think i`m trying to answer JM`s question: 'How many scenes in a bar can you do?`

Last edited by justlovebt; 07-26-2013 at 02:46 PM