Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

It's funny. I mentioned that on Twitter too about how ironical our wishlist turned out to be. We wanted a hug? Well we got one but in a break up. How twisted is that?

I am not gonna sugarcoat it. I am PISSED OFF. Not because they broke up. Hey, i can handle break up. Some of my OTP that ended up together at the end broke up many times. It made me sad of course but never really pissed me off. Why am i pissed? Because seriously? What are they breaking up exactly? They don't even get scenes together in 10 episodes. Another irony, we call Season 2 "season of angst" but yet they had more scenes together in the first 10 episodes of the season. I don't even need the sex. The premiere sex was enough for me as long as we saw them actually acting like there was some kinda of relationship going in instead of making it look like "roll in the hay at lunches" I mean Alicia clearly had reservation way before the Grace incident especially during her convo with Grace in her room. "Distraction" I knew that was the first sign. Mind you, Grace went "missing" while Alicia was in court not with Will. I get that she needs to focus on her kids and she might see Will as a "distraction" but it's not like they are babies or will be living with her forever so she just won't have a life because of them? She pretty much stayed with Peter because of them now she is gonna swear off men forever too? This is why at first i thought she was leaving the firm (denial talking) till i saw the promo. She is clearly still working there. I can't even picture the atmosphere.

I'm not even mad at Alicia since when she started crying (i'm mad at the writers), i was tearing up too. There are two TV characters who always do that to me when they start crying and Alicia is one of them. Nevertheless, i felt for Will more. I so wanted to give him a hug. His poor heart

The only positive note that i have:

Angsty hug was beautiful though
Will in the basketball court in black and
I don't think it's the end of it either.

Yeah i threw a gush line since i didn't have anything joyful to say which i hate even more cause i really don't like negative posts or whining. But that's just how i feel right now. Pissed.

ETA: Friend had me listen to Katy Perry. Now i have this stuck in my head

"And in another life I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
And in other life I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away"

Last edited by ChrissyDiva; 12-04-2011 at 11:23 PM
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK. (View Post)
I think the fact that Will had reasons to break it off and didn't, made it ten times harder. OMG. Crying again
And he was supposed to cry too, but no, he kept strong to comfort her. Will, you deserve everything

Quote:
I think the "I'm going to miss you" line broke my heart the most though That makes it sound so final
I think that "I am going to miss you" was as strong as an ILY, seriously, and yes, it sounded so final but I am 100 per cent sure it's not an end for AW. Maybe Alicia thinks it is but I have faith in them

And I am seeing so much angst and drama around L&G's offices. They will keep working together and it will be heart-breaking for them, they can't avoid that. I can't wait to see how they handle it.

Quote:
Why am i pissed? Because seriously? What are they breaking up exactly? They don't even get scenes together in 10 episodes.
I totally second this. But Grace missing totally pulled her over the edge. She felt guilty and Jackie's speech about the kids needing their mother didn't help. I don't think they broke up for nothing but it would have made more sense if we had seen them sharing more scenes together.

Quote:
but it's not like their babies or will be living with her forever so she just won't have a life because of them
Well they are not babies but they are going through a difficult time, maybe she thinks she needs to wait to actually start having a life and I don't see nothing wrong with that.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 12-04-2011 at 11:18 PM
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK. (View Post)
TFTNT!

Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe how I feel for them. I knew a break up might come eventually but I had NO idea it'd happen now Had actual tears in my eyes. Alicia was so so so upset, her feelings for are still so strong. I think the "I'm going to miss you" line broke my heart the most though That makes it sound so final and poor, poor Will was trying not to cry..you could see it on his face. I couldn't believe the entire scene. I'm still in shock
OMG, I feel the same way... I'm heartbroken, but can I say that I just looved the hug scene, it shows how much Will loves Alicia and how he always put her above his own feelings, the fact that he didn't even let her finish and quickly pull her closer to him to hug her, it was so beautiful...

Like many of you said, the "kidnapped" thing was only the tip of the iceberg, you could totally see in A's face when she was talking to Grace in her room, that she felt overwhelmed, with everything. (And btw, we can assume from that conversation that Zach and Grace already knew something was going on with her and Will, right?)

Anyway, we need to keep faith girls Oh, and I pretty ok with the fact that Alicia broke up with Will not knowing about the investigation, now I'm sure we're gonna have a filled with angst scene btw them because good lord, we got barely any scene with them that could showed us how the relationship was developing, that makes me sooo angry, I cannot describe it with words

[/QUOTE] bawl: I think the fact that Will had reasons to break it off and didn't, made it ten times harder. OMG. Crying again [/QUOTE]

I know right! I love his convo with Kalinda, the easier way to go was just to freak out and end things with her, but no, he wanted to stay and fight....
Old 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I totally second this. But Grace missing totally pulled her over the edge. She felt guilty and Jackie's speech about the kids needing their mother didn't help. I don't think they broke up for nothing but it would have made more sense if we had seen them sharing more scenes together.
Well yeah like i said i'm not mad at Alicia. I do get where she's coming from since that's who she is. At the end of the day, she will always put her kids first (so should any parents) but i'm just saying that she can't do everything based on her kids. There is a thin line to walk. Your kids want at the end of the day for you to be happy. I'm not just talking in reference to Will. I meant it more as a general thing. How much sacrifice can she make? I mean she didn't quit her job to go work for Canning. Wasn't the main issue the fact she was always at work? That's the point they made toward the episode. The Will thing seems kinda separate IMO more like an internal thing with her. Something that she was already second guessing. They could have her with Will in one of the "lunches" during the missing calls but they didn't. Even the previous call Grace made when she was with Zach, Alicia was at work. Louis offering her the job because he thought that Will and Diane was working her overtime because they didn't have kids so they couldn't relate to her situation and be more lenient.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Loyal Fan

But Alicia knows that Canning would screw her over if it suited him, something Will wouldn't do. In a lot of ways, A/W have spoilt each other for anyone else in some aspects by just being friends! As a lover, there is no one else they could trust but each other to keep it quiet, to understand if and when things might go wrong. As friends, there's a comfort, an aching there. Who else would they willingly fight and stand by? Even if it comes at the cost of the better choice for themselves. This puts them at a different position as co-workers as well, because at the end of the day, while in their own relationship they're friends first, in their relationship with other, there are different layers as well.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I had the feeling that breaking up scene was not written and directed well enough, actually. Really? In the middle of the day, in the office with glass walls, by exchanging a couple of words and a hug? Did not Will (and AW fans) deserve a little bit better than that? Some privacy maybe? And some explanations of WHY exactly she is doing that?

Since really it does not make much sense to me. To me, Will had more reasons to dump her and get out of this mess with investigation that she did (nobody in its own mind would believe that happened because of Grace and her stupid missing)

Angry with Alicia and TGW writers, feel terribly sorry for Will
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozik (View Post)
I had the feeling that breaking up scene was not written and directed well enough, actually. Really? In the middle of the day, in the office with glass walls, by exchanging a couple of words and a hug? Did not Will (and AW fans) deserve a little bit better than that? Some privacy maybe? And some explanations of WHY exactly she is doing that?

Since really it does not make much sense to me. To me, Will had more reasons to dump her and get out of this mess with investigation that she did (nobody in its own mind would believe that happened because of Grace and her stupid missing)

I liked that they had their moment where everyone could see. They've been hiding for so long....this wasn't a happy moment, but it was so urgent and important to them, that for a brief moment, they sort of forgot about their surroundings and who they are supposed to be & were emotional with one another. Now whether or not you think more should've been said, that's slightly a different matter, but yeah, I liked that it was public. I wonder if we'll get any hints in further eps, that others at the firm saw the moment, and have been gossiping about it.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT Carla

The ending scene broke my heart. I did appreciate that everyone could see them hugging. They share something special, at the end of the day they should be able not to hide it.
As a strong A/W whipper, I had some hope that the writers wouldn't go where the path was logically going.
With regard to these two I'm not sure where the story will go now. I have strong difficulties to speculate on what's next about these two. A few things come to my mind, that I can't tell here (spoilers policy), but that's just short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily_Marie (View Post)
Poor Will I felt so terrible for him. After his talk with Kalinda and seeing Alicia hug Grace, I had a feeling he was going to ask her her what she wanted from the relationship. But I think a part of him also knew that she was going to break up with him. All of it was why he was so restless in his office. It was also why he knew how she was going to finish her sentence and pulled her into a hug before she could complete it. Oh, that hug I couldn't even enjoy the first ever A/W hug. It came when they were breaking up!!!
I had this feeling too, but more like Will hesitating between should we pause or where are we going? Will seems like thorn apart, between his heart and what is reasonable.
I can't say that I don't have faith, but what's the point of breaking them now if it's to bring them back together soon. Anyway it's more than 2 years that Alicia is struggling with her life, where is she supposed to go with that now (I know there is a Alicia thread but I need a complete and coherent discussion here).
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozik (View Post)

I agree that the office was not the right place to break up or pause. They would have needed more words that just "I cannot, I will miss you" and definitely more privacy.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And he was supposed to cry too, but no, he kept strong to comfort her. Will, you deserve everything
OH GOD....THIS

also love this title!

'Cause they'll have their good timing someday, it just wasn't yet'?

Last edited by redrose13; 12-05-2011 at 06:39 AM
Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was so heartbreaking! The Break-up scene made me cry, it was so sad... To me, it's clear Alicia loves Will, otherwise she wouldn't have been crying so much. I think it's sad but I believe the writers did the right thing in breaking them up, because it is only then that Alicia will (hopefully) realise how much Will means to her and that she wants to make room for him in her life. The next couple of episodes will be interesting to watch as they will have to work together and both of them will be heartbroken.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Total Fan

I must say I'm pissed off. I had a feeling they're going to break A/W up sooner or later, but I didn't like the way it was written around the storyline with Grace, which turned out to be kinda ridiculous. All those hints about Alicia's doubts, getting rid of the distractions and throwing away the lingerie at the end weren't subtle at all... I know that her kids are so important for Alicia, how she thought she is to blame for all this, but I don't know, the writing wasn't very smart. I'm disappointed in the writers, because I thought they could handle A/W, but very soon it became clear to me that they didn't really know what to do with A/W, so after half a season of basically nothing, they decided to break them up, so not cool!
And I really find the whole thing ironic, because Will was the one with a very good reason for breaking up, but he was willing to fight, despite all this **** going on around him. I know that Alicia had no idea about the investigation, but I feel her decision was rushed... Now I'm very curious how she's gonna react when she finds out.
Also, on its own the hug was beautifully heartbreaking Now I feel so sorry for Will, everything is coming down on him atm And I guess only after breaking up with him, Alicia finally got some perspective on her feelings. Bad timing again
And I'm pretty sure it's not over, but now I feel we're going to have to wait at least until the end of the season for some movement.

Last edited by Aga_darkside; 12-05-2011 at 07:17 AM
Old 12-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly13 (View Post)
I think it's sad but I believe the writers did the right thing in breaking them up, because it is only then that Alicia will (hopefully) realise how much Will means to her and that she wants to make room for him in her life.
My only fear is that if/when Alicia makes this realization, Will might be more guarded since he got hurt this time around and they will have more 'bad timing'.

Quote:
next couple of episodes will be interesting to watch as they will have to work together and both of them will be heartbroken.
Yeah, there will definitely be some awkward moments around the office.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

last night really sucked for the georgetowners!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyDiva (View Post)
I mean she didn't quit her job to go work for Canning. Wasn't the main issue the fact she was always at work? That's the point they made toward the episode.
Yeah but I think she feels that Will is her guilty pleasure and that work is her obligation so when you regret not having spent so many time or nor having payed so many attention to your kids the first thing that comes to your mind is the affair with your boss and not the hours you spent working That how I see it, but I can be wrong

Quote:
In the middle of the day, in the office with glass walls, by exchanging a couple of words and a hug?
I liked it actually. It was sweet. And what I liked about it is that they hugged in his office where everyone could see them but they didn't care

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 12-05-2011 at 07:59 AM