View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
ChrissyDiva
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I totally second this. But Grace missing totally pulled her over the edge. She felt guilty and Jackie's speech about the kids needing their mother didn't help. I don't think they broke up for nothing but it would have made more sense if we had seen them sharing more scenes together.
Well yeah like i said i'm not mad at Alicia. I do get where she's coming from since that's who she is. At the end of the day, she will always put her kids first (so should any parents) but i'm just saying that she can't do everything based on her kids. There is a thin line to walk. Your kids want at the end of the day for you to be happy. I'm not just talking in reference to Will. I meant it more as a general thing. How much sacrifice can she make? I mean she didn't quit her job to go work for Canning. Wasn't the main issue the fact she was always at work? That's the point they made toward the episode. The Will thing seems kinda separate IMO more like an internal thing with her. Something that she was already second guessing. They could have her with Will in one of the "lunches" during the missing calls but they didn't. Even the previous call Grace made when she was with Zach, Alicia was at work. Louis offering her the job because he thought that Will and Diane was working her overtime because they didn't have kids so they couldn't relate to her situation and be more lenient.