Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Belated Birthday Alan

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How is that I mention crazy people and your mind goes to Barbara?
because I know how... strong her love for Alan is?

Quote:
I think that the problem is when the press twists what Alan says.
Well that's going to happen every time a celebrity opens his/her mouth to talk about something other than promotion

Quote:
Maybe that is one of the reason he writes books, those are his words and no one can change them
I think that's also why he's taken much more of a liking to Twitter than he was expecting. At least the message is unfiltered and that's out to get out there these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroplane (View Post)
I don't know. Who's my lawyer?
Pick one, I don't care who. Mine rock!

Quote:
Could be but I remember he wrote something in his blog about the fact that he doesn't know how to keep it. Maybe he's just saving himself the hassle, which is a shame cause it looks so good on him.
well it is a lot of hassle if you want it clean and nice. Most guys just let it grow like they are trying to hide their faces or auditioning for a part as a POW or something

Quote:
Ha ha, this is perfect. You made his naughtiness into a trademark. I bet he would like it.
Heh Naughtiness by Cumming. That should be his next perfume

Quote:
Some newspapers are just bad so yes, it sucks that they're making stuff up.
Brit "papers" are the meanest and possibly less accurate in the world!!

Quote:
Ha ha, forgot to post it here but yes, our boy is 47 now. And what a stud, Carla!
Hey you wanted naked...

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Most guys just let it grow like they are trying to hide their faces or auditioning for a part as a POW or something

Quote:
Hey you wanted naked
Ask and you shall receive I see.

So, I know I'm predictable buuuut...can we talk about the last episode? Luckily we were spared the sight of them actually in bed together. I hate you Stacie with the passion of a thousand burning suns It was awkward and the two of them locking lips is the stuff nightmares are made of. I'll go wash my eyes with bleach.
The only positive note of that scene is that I was graced with the sight of post fishing Eli
Even while I'm writing this I know it won't happen soon but I hope one of these days we'll get rid of her forever.
I guess the part with Caitlin was ok, I like her, and I don't mind Eli and David Lee behaving like 12yo but for my sanity he'd better start working on Peter's campaign.

Loved, Kalinda/Will, the best part of the ep.

End of rant. Let's go console ourselves with some pretty pics.

Watch What Happens - Bravo

SAG Gift Lounge

SAG - Arrival/Interviews

https://twitter.com/#!/RealTimVincen...91839810420737 and the red carpet interviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=td0-kK1XM08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fM6Y94i1k10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vyi8Hmbj3LI

SAG - Red Carpet

SAG - After Party @ Chateau Marmont

Pivot!

Last edited by hydroplane; 01-30-2012 at 04:54 PM
Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

OMG so many Eli goodies His interviews are hilarious
Thanks so much for everything

He looked great

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Ask and you shall receive I see.
Yep! I'm like Mrs Santa, only my powers are limited to the virtual world, sadly.

Quote:
So, I know I'm predictable buuuut...can we talk about the last episode?
that's what we're here for, hun!

Quote:
Luckily we were spared the sight of them actually in bed together. I hate you Stacie with the passion of a thousand burning suns
Seriously could have done without it! The confrontation about GLAC was excellent (as were the shots at GLAAD ) but the sexual element was totally uncalled for and way too overdone for my tastes.

Quote:
It was awkward and the two of them locking lips is the stuff nightmares are made of. I'll go wash my eyes with bleach.
I was worried they would push the envelope and we'd get a Kalinda/Sophia kind of scene but thank the GODS, we didn't!

Quote:
The only positive note of that scene is that I was graced with the sight of post fishing Eli
he certainly was... dishevelled

Quote:
Even while I'm writing this I know it won't happen soon but I hope one of these days we'll get rid of her forever.
Well let me say this: if she ends up being there when we could have Parker and she plays c***block for Eli/Vanessa, I will NOT be happy!!

Quote:
I guess the part with Caitlin was ok, I like her, and I don't mind Eli and David Lee behaving like 12yo but for my sanity he'd better start working on Peter's campaign.
I liked those parts. And the scenes with Alicia. I really really really thought that Eli was going to be interacting with Peter at some point in the episode. Maybe to give him a not-so-selfless political analysis of the situation and nudge him toward dissolving the Grand Jury but
Basically he was all over the place when David Lee's actions were threatening the firm (and his money ) but when Will could go down and drag the firm with him... not even a reaction? Doesn't fit.

Quote:
Loved, Kalinda/Will, the best part of the ep.
I'm going to say this again here (mostly because I don't want to get killed in the episode thread ) but I like Will so much more in his interactions with female friends than with girlfriends!!

Quote:
End of rant. Let's go console ourselves with some pretty pics.
Oooooh and that's what I call a boatload of pretty!! Loved the look btw

Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'll go wash my eyes with bleach.
There were some things that I liked about his scenes with Stacey, particularly his faces at the bar, hilarious! The interaction with Alicia was also good, looked like he didn't expected her to say he was right, realizing that he outranked her, but her face was like a mocking one

Quote:
I don't mind Eli and David Lee behaving like 12yo but for my sanity he'd better start working on Peter's campaign.
As long as they don't hurt each other, I'm ready for 3rd round! It seems that he is more comfortable working with Peter than at L&G imo.

Thanks for the pics Barbara, there were a lot! About the videos, I remember you posted a draw of his hand including a sketch of his dogs and also flowers if I recall correctly. It was a funny one!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I was rewatching the Eli/Stacey scene last night..AWKWARD! why is she so weird? everything seemed.....forced

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC (View Post)
There were some things that I liked about his scenes with Stacey, particularly his faces at the bar, hilarious! The interaction with Alicia was also good, looked like he didn't expected her to say he was right, realizing that he outranked her, but her face was like a mocking one
I think he was better than her in those scenes. She was doing the best she could with a bad script but she went for over the top too easily.

Quote:
I was rewatching the Eli/Stacey scene last night..AWKWARD! why is she so weird? everything seemed.....forced
The script was bad. Just too forced. They were supposed to be playing each other by playing chicken but the lines were so NOT subtle, it was like watching SNL!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The script was bad. Just too forced. They were supposed to be playing each other by playing chicken but the lines were so NOT subtle, it was like watching SNL!
I have to agree with you here. While watching the Eli/Stacey scene I was puzzled because I find Alan Cumming to be a very sexy/sexual man (don't laugh), but I found Eli to be incredibly awkward in his "love scene". Maybe it was meant to seem rather forced, or most likely, it was the writing.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I find Alan Cumming to be a very sexy/sexual man (don't laugh),
you won't hear a squeak from me. I think there are a lot of us who agree with that statement on the board, and even a higher percentage in this thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The confrontation about GLAC was excellent (as were the shots at GLAAD ) but the sexual element was totally uncalled for and way too overdone for my tastes.
Rush who? Rush Limbaugh. Lol.
Exactly. And attraction? Pftt, since when. I resent Eli for being so naive.

Quote:
Well let me say this: if she ends up being there when we could have Parker and she plays c***block for Eli/Vanessa, I will NOT be happy!!
I secretly hope that the fact Vanessa hired Stacie as her campaign manager is just a subterfuge, a trick in order to get Eli working for her like she did last time.

Quote:
I liked those parts. And the scenes with Alicia. I really really really thought that Eli was going to be interacting with Peter at some point in the episode
I thought about that too, not much as in terms of Eli interacting with Peter but more as in...more Peter. He was barely in the episode while his name was on everyone's mouth.

Quote:
I'm going to say this again here (mostly because I don't want to get killed in the episode thread ) but I like Will so much more in his interactions with female friends than with girlfriends!!
Better stay away from the ep thread too then. My thoughts exactly, my faves are Patti (if you can call her friend, ah ah) and Kalinda. The 'most elegible bachelor' role is not as good as 'just Will'.

Quote:
The interaction with Alicia was also good, looked like he didn't expected her to say he was right, realizing that he outranked her, but her face was like a mocking one
That part was great! And sorry to say but Alicia:1 Eli:0, the reason why she's a lawyer while Eli is not.

Quote:
It seems that he is more comfortable working with Peter than at L&G imo.
He works best when he's on his own and everyone's playing by his rules.
To be honest I was hoping for a bit of interaction between Eli and legal aid, it would've been a better storyline than oh uh I dunno...Stacie...cheese? What's the point of giving them side by side offices and then completely forgot about them next week.

Quote:
About the videos, I remember you posted a draw of his hand including a sketch of his dogs and also flowers if I recall correctly. It was a funny one!
Alan and his fat hands! Watch these too, art in the making
Alan Cumming draws self portrait @ Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood! - YouTube
Alan Cumming greets fans @ Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood! - YouTube

Quote:
Quote:
I have to agree with you here. While watching the Eli/Stacey scene I was puzzled because I find Alan Cumming to be a very sexy/sexual man (don't laugh), but I found Eli to be incredibly awkward in his "love scene". Maybe it was meant to seem rather forced, or most likely, it was the writing.
No laughing. He was incredibly awkward! It was probably written in the script because sexy!Alan is the opposite. Oh look, an excuse to post a sexy!Alan clip No L-Word because we have to keep it pg here.
Zero chemistry and I'm glad it's supposed to be this way in the show.
I'm totally biased here because I love Alan as much as I don't like Amy Sedaris and I don't like Amy Sedaris just as much as I don't like Sean Penn, so you have the picture. I found her annoying and the fact that she always plays the nemesis of my fave characters (see Raising Hope) doesn't help at all. I try to overlook all of these things because she's just playing a character but most of the times I can't help it. Out of all the million people in this world he could be paired with...but such is life.
I have a twilert (covering all the bases here, lol) for Alan and a great portion of the last messages was like 'they're hilarious together, great chemistry, want more.' Hello, are we watching the same show?

New York Post Theater Critic Michael Riedel on ‘Brilliantly’ Playing Self in Smash | The New York Observer
http://sociallysuperlative.com/2012/...salon-evening/
http://www.blacktiemagazine.com/soci...on_Evening.htm

CAA signs B'way's Fierstein, Tiffany - Entertainment News, Legit News, Media - Variety

http://www.charitybuzz.com/categorie...g_items/291818

Pivot!

Last edited by hydroplane; 02-03-2012 at 03:11 PM
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Watch these too, art in the making
Wow, I can’t believe how relaxed and polite he was and Alan including his facial mole in the self-portrait Who else can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I think that's also why he's taken much more of a liking to Twitter than he was expecting. At least the message is unfiltered and that's out to get out there these days!
Oh, I haven't thought about Twitter! Good point

Ok, I may deserve to be expelled from this thread, but I just found out that he is also a narrator! Which audiobook do you recommend for someone whose English is not the mother tongue? I tried with a sample of Behemoth, but his accent was impossible to me

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 02-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Which audiobook do you recommend for someone whose English is not the mother tongue? I tried with a sample of Behemoth, but his accent was impossible to me
Okay. First we do not boot anyone from threads around here, we mock/pity them and help them become better fans. We're awesome that way
Second. Your first language is not English? Get OUT of here! Really??? Could have fooled me

Quote:
Rush who? Rush Limbaugh. Lol.
Exactly. And attraction? Pftt, since when. I resent Eli for being so naive.
Naive Eli is really something we shouldn't get! I feel they are losing the character sometimes.

Quote:
I secretly hope that the fact Vanessa hired Stacie as her campaign manager is just a subterfuge, a trick in order to get Eli working for her like she did last time.
OOooooh That would be AWESOME!!
Now I have hope again!

Quote:
Better stay away from the ep thread too then. My thoughts exactly, my faves are Patti (if you can call her friend, ah ah) and Kalinda. The 'most elegible bachelor' role is not as good as 'just Will'.
Patti and Will! Now that's chemistry, folks!

Quote:
That part was great! And sorry to say but Alicia:1 Eli:0, the reason why she's a lawyer while Eli is not.
well that I'm okay with! Nobody's perfect and it's good that he gets knocked down to size by the others every once in a while

Quote:
He works best when he's on his own and everyone's playing by his rules.
To be honest I was hoping for a bit of interaction between Eli and legal aid, it would've been a better storyline than oh uh I dunno...Stacie...cheese? What's the point of giving them side by side offices and then completely forgot about them next week.
I know!! I've been tweeting Romany Malco about it but he can't say. I guess it's good news because that probably means he'll be back but with sooo much time spent on boring recurring like Dana, why forget about the interesting ones?

Quote:
No laughing. He was incredibly awkward! It was probably written in the script because sexy!Alan is the opposite. Oh look, an excuse to post a sexy!Alan clip No L-Word because we have to keep it pg here.
and hey, no laughing at all here and you can post whatever as long as you put a warning on it. Sooo... yes please (I've seen it though so asking for the others and all )

Quote:
Zero chemistry and I'm glad it's supposed to be this way in the show.
I'm totally biased here because I love Alan as much as I don't like Amy Sedaris and I don't like Amy Sedaris just as much as I don't like Sean Penn, so you have the picture.
Wow. You must have been thrilled with the casting news

Quote:
Out of all the million people in this world he could be paired with...but such is life.
I must say I didn't get that particular casting. It's not as if she was "big time" and I can think of a lot of Broadway people who would have been better for that part, bringing zany crazy and ambiguity to that part

Quote:
I have a twilert (covering all the bases here, lol) for Alan and a great portion of the last messages was like 'they're hilarious together, great chemistry, want more.' Hello, are we watching the same show?
I sometimes wonder about that!

Oh and thanks for the bunch of links, as always, Santa

Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wow, I can’t believe how relaxed and polite he was and Alan including his facial mole in the self-portrait
I just feel bad for the other people who got only his signature. Showing favouritism I see
No but really, he was very kind to all those people, I wonder if he ever says no.
Quote:
Which audiobook do you recommend for someone whose English is not the mother tongue? I tried with a sample of Behemoth, but his accent was impossible to me
Please. Is what we are here for! Other than gushing about Alan.
I have a confession to make, I never listened to most of his audiobooks, lol. I'm just really picky, more often than not I don't like those stories so even if it's Alan reading, I just pass.
But, there's always a but, my favorite author ever is Nick Hornby and whaddaya know Alan did the audiobook of About a Boy. His voice is quite different, he's really young there but I love the story, very well written and very easy to understand. English isn't my first language either. If you can't find it pm me. ;P
Or Revolting Rhymes and Dirty Beasts by Roald Dahl if it's more right up your alley.
Quote:
Naive Eli is really something we shouldn't get! I feel they are losing the character sometimes.
I wanted to slap him! Wake up, that two faced bleep is using you! My poor sweet prince.
Quote:
Patti and Will! Now that's chemistry, folks!
Confession time #2: sometimes I find myself shipping Will/Kalinda but then I realize it's not a good idea. I mean...rude! First Peter, then Will? If I were Alicia I'd be offended.
She has more chemistry with Will than with Cary anyway.
Quote:
I guess it's good news because that probably means he'll be back but with sooo much time spent on boring recurring like Dana, why forget about the interesting ones?
No news = good news? I should start tweeting the people in the show too, at least we're making our voices heard. And so true, I'm happy that Geneva is back in the next ep. I always wanted more Geneva, who cares about Dana?
Quote:
and hey, no laughing at all here and you can post whatever as long as you put a warning on it. Sooo... yes please
I can't find it on yt right now. I'll search again tomorrow evening when I have more time. yt has everything these day, this clip must be there too.
Quote:
You must have been thrilled with the casting news
Couldn't you hear my excitement?

Oh hey! Guys drumroll please! Happy dance everybody.

I have tickets for Macbeth in June!! Highlight of the day!

So happy, right now. I saw on twitter they put them on sale today but it was only through the phone. Couldn't I just wait 3 days to buy them online? No!
So I called them, go me, spoke with a super kind guy, and...done. Wait for me Alannnn!

Pivot!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I never listened to most of his audiobooks
It is a fascinating job and fulfilling, imo. I used to record books for one library in my city but I was not as passionate as Alan Anyway, it depends on the book you’re narrating. I’ll try to find the ones you’ve mentioned and if not I’ll send you a PM. Thanks!

Quote:
sexy!Alan
wow! just a quarter of that during the scenes with Stacey would have saved the lack of chemistry

Quote:
I have tickets for Macbeth in June!!
Hey! Good for you!!! You did the right thing, better not tempting luck and calling to have your ticket! I’ll be waiting for your opinion

Quote:
First we do not boot anyone from threads around here, we mock/pity them and help them become better fans…
…and if they don’t become better fans then you boot them Now seriously, it must be difficult to deal with a lot of people, with a lot of different ideas, points of view, etc. But it looks like both you and Kiki are doing a good job

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi