Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Did you see his tweet today?
Just did. The one about the new photo for his profile? I’ll go with too much clothes on
Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just did. The one about the new photo for his profile? I’ll go with too much clothes on
yeah I can only imagine what kind of depraved tweets he had after that one! But hey he invited them!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'll check around. I have a good source for Brit shows even though it's BBC America, maybe they know where to find it.
Yay, thanks!
Quote:
Well there has to be one who makes the sacrifice
And we're all very grateful
Quote:
Ohh that look in the big picture is sooo Shakespeare!
Indeed. He joked about that on twitter but sometimes I wonder if he really ever takes a bad picture. He knows how to strike a pose, lol. Speaking of Shakespeare, have you ever watched The Tempest? The movie is meh but he's so fine in it.
Quote:
There are moments during the interviews when he seems unfiltered and says the first thing that comes to his mind, that is something that I always welcome.
Most of his interviews are like that, no filter, good thing that he speaks his mind. Sometimes he's a bit too open but I appreciate he always knows when it's time to draw a line.
Quote:
Nothing left to be seen but I like the way you think. The last one is one of my fave pics of him ever.
Quote:
I can only imagine what kind of depraved tweets he had after that one!
He's probably enjoying every single one of them!

Some pics from the panto & variety event at the King's theatre (last Nov)
http://stagingthenation.com/panto-va...ottish-people/

Pivot!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
yeah I can only imagine what kind of depraved tweets he had after that one! But hey he invited them!
I was waiting to see what you were going to tweet him

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Speaking of Shakespeare, have you ever watched The Tempest? The movie is meh but he's so fine in it.
No, but I LOVE Helen Mirren so now I have two reasons for watching it!

Quote:
event at the King's theatre
I like what he said about the different ways of acting around the world, interesting.

He said it is not autobiographic, but have you read his book? What do you think of it? Maybe asking you this is like asking a workaholic if work is any good
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He joked about that on twitter but sometimes I wonder if he really ever
takes a bad picture.
Right?? He even looks good dressed as a Xmas tree... no wait
Seriously though, he always looks great in pics!

Quote:
Speaking of Shakespeare, have you ever watched The Tempest? The movie is meh but he's so fine in it.
Not yet but I love the play and most of the actors involved so I'll do it for sure.
I think I have stills lying around if you want them.

Quote:
Sometimes he's a bit too open but I appreciate he always knows when it's time to draw a line.
too open about what in particular?

Quote:
Nothing left to be seen but I like the way you think. The last one is one of my fave pics of him ever.
yeah we've seen it all!

Quote:
He's probably enjoying every single one of them!
I know he loved Lily's tweet about "cut bits" during the season premiere

Quote:
I was waiting to see what you were going to tweet him
Me?

Quote:
Some pics from the panto & variety event at the King's theatre (last Nov)
Niiiice

Quote:
I like what he said about the different ways of acting around the world, interesting.
As an actor who's acted in so many corners of the world, he has a very unique perspective about that. Never thought of it really but it is very interesting.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He said it is not autobiographic, but have you read his book? What do you think of it? Maybe asking you this is like asking a workaholic if work is any good
Eh eh, it's been a while, I love the way he writes but I thought the book was ok. He's recording the audio, maybe I'll read it again when it's out, about time
I find it funny that he knows no shame but yet didn't want his mom to read it, lol. Better this way, though
Speaking of books, I know he's writing his second book (since forever, lol) and he said this one is in some ways autobiographical. Could be pretty interesting.
Another one in the works is a children's book about his dogs. I'm just saying...if Grant is doing some illustrations that would be the cutest thing ever

Quote:
I think I have stills lying around if you want them.
I probably have them already but if you're bored go ahead and post, I sure don't mind

Quote:
too open about what in particular?
Too open as in, made himself too available. Like that thing on tv about his grandfather, or after that interview with Out when the press twisted what he said about his father, or when he had to hire a bodyguard because some cray crays where stalking him after Cabaret. He says things and then people take them as an invite. It's good to be open but then there's also the other side of the coin, so it's only fair to take a step back.

Quote:
yeah we've seen it all!
Mind in the gutter territory

Excuse me while I fangirl but two of my fave people ever, in the same place, breathing the same air. And touching, lol. They should make babies. More pics later.

Pivot!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Eh eh, it's been a while, I love the way he writes but I thought the book was ok. He's recording the audio, maybe I'll read it again when it's out, about time
I didn't even know he wrote a book
And here I was lamenting last year about how he wasted his writing talent, just from reading his blog, and that he should be writing books! Do you think I even thought about checking if he had done that already?
Score: 0 for Fluff

Quote:
I find it funny that he knows no shame but yet didn't want his mom to read it, lol. Better this way, though
to be fair, I wouldn't want my Mom reading anything I write, racy or not.

Quote:
Speaking of books, I know he's writing his second book (since forever, lol) and he said this one is in some ways autobiographical. Could be pretty interesting.
With TGW and going out so much, I don't see when he'd have time but yeah someday

Quote:
Another one in the works is a children's book about his dogs. I'm just saying...if Grant is doing some illustrations that would be the cutest thing ever
Fangirl

Quote:
I probably have them already but if you're bored go ahead and post, I sure don't mind

Quote:
Too open as in, made himself too available. Like that thing on tv about his grandfather, or after that interview with Out when the press twisted what he said about his father, or when he had to hire a bodyguard because some cray crays where stalking him after Cabaret.
Yeah I see what you mean. I thought that tv show was really interesting from a human point of view but all this time I was thinking how brave he was for letting it all out like that (turns out he was being more naive than I thought about it )

Quote:
He says things and then people take them as an invite. It's good to be open but then there's also the other side of the coin, so it's only fair to take a step back.
I understand both points of view. I think he likes to share but there's always a downside yes, and he can share his opinions and stay vocal and political without going too personal, which I think is what he's trying to do now.

Quote:
Mind in the gutter territory
speaking of which... it's Alan time

Quote:
Excuse me while I fangirl but two of my fave people ever, in the same place, breathing the same air. And touching, lol. They should make babies. More pics later.
that would be some great talented babies! Can't wait for more!
Damn I wish they had come to Paris with that Building Bridges production this year! Spacey on stage! Playing Shakespeare! One of my favorite plays! And with Mendes directing!! Oh well, I loved the Tempest last year and the cast was amazing so no regret.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Excuse me while I fangirl but two of my fave people ever, in the same place, breathing the same air. And touching, lol. They should make babies

thanks for the pics Fluff, he looks SO different in that role!

Alan was great on Kelly

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I didn't even know he wrote a book
If you can imagine it he's probably already done it . Like: new site.
Quote:
With TGW and going out so much, I don't see when he'd have time but yeah someday
In ten years.
Quote:
Fangirl
Sue me.
Quote:
Damn I wish they had come to Paris with that Building Bridges production this year! Spacey on stage! Playing Shakespeare! One of my favorite plays! And with Mendes directing!!
They didn't? They've been anywhere with that play A couple of nights even at the Epidaurus theatre in Greece, I heard it was magic. They had one date here but it was in the south of the country and I heard about it only a couple of days in advance, so no Kevin for me either. And, I know! He's always good. Even when the movie sucks *cough*Pay it forward*cough*. When I was in London I made a pilgrim's journey to The Old Vic...he wasn't there. Rude
Quote:
thanks for the pics Fluff, he looks SO different in that role!
Yes, thanks!
I have a soft spot for that beard, too bad he doesn't like it very much. One day I'll make my own picture spam, just give me some time.

Pivot!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroplane (View Post)
If you can imagine it he's probably already done it . Like: new site.
he's done it all!!

Quote:
In ten years.
well slow and steady!

Quote:
Sue me.
Oh you don't want that! Joana is my lawyer now. I'll take Shama too! Now aren't you trembling in your shoes?

Quote:
They didn't? They've been anywhere with that play A couple of nights even at the Epidaurus theatre in Greece, I heard it was magic. They had one date here but it was in the south of the country and I heard about it only a couple of days in advance, so no Kevin for me either.
I guess they had trouble finding a theatre last year. What few we have are booked all year long by ridiculous farces! so they probably decided it was too much hassle. I'm sure it's perfection though.

Quote:
And, I know! He's always good. Even when the movie sucks *cough*Pay it forward*cough*. When I was in London I made a pilgrim's journey to The Old Vic...he wasn't there. Rude
he was probably on Broadway

Quote:
Yes, thanks!
I have a soft spot for that beard, too bad he doesn't like it very much. One day I'll make my own picture spam, just give me some time.
time, you have! And he looks good with a beard but yeah maybe it's Grant who doesn't like it

Old 01-27-2012, 06:27 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the photos Carla, that beard impressed me, he looks good

The interview at Live! With Kelly was good. I just realized that the way he laughs is so weird that I like it a lot! He left some pearls “I am big everywhere” Cumming ®

Picking up his openness theme, he also talks openly about drugs, maybe he has restrained a little about his family. If the press gave him problems, he will be more alert and go very professional during the interview, what a pity really.

Quote:
when he had to hire a bodyguard because some cray crays where stalking him after Cabaret
Crazy people is everywhere, poor guy!

There is a book, Dear Me, where different art-related people (mostly actors) write to their 16-year-old selves telling the story of their lives till the moment the letter is written. Interesting way to revisit one’s life Alan wrote one of them. It also appears in an article from The Guardian just in case you haven’t read it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The interview at Live! With Kelly was good. I just realized that the way he laughs is so weird that I like it a lot! He left some pearls “I am big everywhere” Cumming ®
I love how he's always teasing! He's awesome!!

Quote:
Picking up his openness theme, he also talks openly about drugs, maybe he has restrained a little about his family. If the press gave him problems, he will be more alert and go very professional during the interview, what a pity really.
I think people should be allowed to talk about what the hell they want! If they are celebrities too. If people don't like what he has to say, they shouldn't listen to him, that's all. Freedom of Speech 101. Why can't people get that and prefer bitching?

Quote:
Crazy people is everywhere, poor guy!
Hey! Who are you calling crazy? Barbara is "dedicated", that's all!

Quote:
There is a book, Dear Me, where different art-related people (mostly actors) write to their 16-year-old selves telling the story of their lives till the moment the letter is written. Interesting way to revisit one’s life Alan wrote one of them
Oh I remember he tweeted about it. I'll definitely read that book at some point. Interesting concept.

And since it's still his birthday on the West Coast and better late than never...

Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Who are you calling crazy? Barbara is "dedicated", that's all!
How is that I mention crazy people and your mind goes to Barbara? I was talking about the people stalking on him…Barbara, he doesn’t have a restrain order against you, has he?

Quote:
If people don't like what he has to say, they shouldn't listen to him,
I agree, but I think that the problem is when the press twists what Alan says. The problems derived from that action make him not so open in the next interview. Maybe that is one of the reason he writes books, those are his words and no one can change them

Quote:
Why can't people get that and prefer bitching?
I keep on asking me this, not with famous people, but with almost everyone

Happy belated birthday Alan! An Ensemble SAG Award would be a nice present

Last edited by LGC; 01-28-2012 at 09:26 AM
Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Oh you don't want that! Joana is my lawyer now. I'll take Shama too! Now aren't you trembling in your shoes?
I don't know. Who's my lawyer?
Quote:
but yeah maybe it's Grant who doesn't like it
Could be but I remember he wrote something in his blog about the fact that he doesn't know how to keep it. Maybe he's just saving himself the hassle, which is a shame cause it looks so good on him.
Quote:
Cumming ®
Ha ha, this is perfect. You made his naughtiness into a trademark. I bet he would like it.
Quote:
There is a book, Dear Me, where different art-related people (mostly actors) write to their 16-year-old selves telling the story of their lives till the moment the letter is written.
Yep, there's a link somewhere in this thread, it's a few pages back. It's so heartfelt, I'm glad everything worked out for him in the end.
I know I shouldn't gossip but I think the person he's talking about in the letter is his ex bf Nick, I thought the spilt was amicable, guess it left a bitter taste in his mouth instead. Oh well, all water under the bridge.
Quote:
Barbara, he doesn’t have a restrain order against you, has he?
Not that I know of, lol.
Quote:
I agree, but I think that the problem is when the press twists what Alan says.
Some newspapers are just bad so yes, it sucks that they're making stuff up. Most celebs are super-private whereas he's very straightforward so he's always giving them something to talk about.
I'm just glad he thinks he's ok to go through the trouble of calling the press out. Justice done at least.
Quote:
Happy belated birthday Alan!
Quote:
And since it's still his birthday on the West Coast and better late than never...
Ha ha, forgot to post it here but yes, our boy is 47 now. And what a stud, Carla!
Quote:
An Ensemble SAG Award would be a nice present
If only! Rooting for them like whoa!

Pivot!