Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Right, I saw him on Private Practice the other day (there's nothing on TV that day and when I want to watch TV I have to take what I get...) that was a nice surprise. I had to learn so I didn't pay as much attention as he deserves, but at least I noticed.
Oh, he was really really good in that. If he's not going to be a regular on a show, hopefully he ends up doing more guest roles like that, where he can show off his talent.

Quote:
Hmm... what did he do before Everwood, by the way? I once saw him in an older movie, but other than that I've never seen him...
He did a lot of movies, mostly just small roles. And guest roles on TV shows. He played the Olsen Twins' father, heh. His big role before Everwood was as the star of the TV series The Untouchables, so it's not all smaller roles. And a lot of theater, I imagine, but I don't know how to look for that, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Tom Amandes is in a pilot! Tom Amandes IS IN A PILOT!

The Deep End (the one with Matt Long) has Tom too. Looks like it might just be a guest role for the pilot, though, but it could be recurring as he plays the father of one of the main characters. Man, Tom really likes his law shows, heh. There's a preview on abc.com if you wanted to see him.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Yay Tom! (And Matt Long, who's been in a very Greg Smith-like phase since J&B, hee.) I mean, not crazy about the law show thing, but yay Tom all the same!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

The show also looks fairly uninteresting and very unoriginal, but it does have a good cast. I'll probably give it a chance for Matt Long alone, but if Tom Amandes shows up in more than one scene and has potential to show up in more episodes...I might just have to keep watching it.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Woo! Tom is gonna guest star on Greek! The show is hysterical, sometimes moving, and just really enjoyable. I can't wait.

Michael Ausiello (EWAusielloFiles) on Twitter
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Woo! Tom is gonna guest star on Greek! The show is hysterical, sometimes moving, and just really enjoyable. I can't wait.

Michael Ausiello (EWAusielloFiles) on Twitter
Cool! Is this Jordan guy a main character so there's a chance for Tom to be in more than one ep?

Patrick Sean Smith, the creator of Greek, wrote a few episodes of Everwood. There's a little connection. Of course, everyone should be hiring Tom Amandes, with or without any little Everwood connection.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

...Jordan's a girl and no, she's not a main character. She was brought in as a love interest for one of the main characters. I'm not sure how long she's sticking around, so this will probably end up being a one episode deal. But it's still something!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Darn those unisex names, hee. But yeah, an episode is definitely better than nothing. And Tom can really make a single episode work really well. See his episode of Private Practice.

The new season hasn't even started, and already we have Steven R. McQueen, Tom Amandes, Sarah Drew, Scott Wolf and (still) Emily VanCamp guaranteed to be on TV! Now where's Greg??
Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The new season hasn't even started, and already we have Steven R. McQueen, Tom Amandes, Sarah Drew, Scott Wolf and (still) Emily VanCamp guaranteed to be on TV! Now where's Greg??
He's in seclusion somewhere airing out his hats.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
He's in seclusion somewhere airing out his hats.
Can you blame him? Hee.

Apparently Greek doesn't air in Canada. Looks like I'm going to have to get it by other means.

Since you mentioned that the show can by hysterical, I hope Tom gets to do some comedy. I really don't think he's been able to do much on TV since Everwood ended. Maybe on Boston Legal? Still, he's a master at comedy AND drama, but he appears to only got hired to do the latter.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

More info on his Greek appearance from Ausiello:

Greek: ABC Family's fratastic soap is firming up plans for Father-Daughter Weekend with the hiring of Everwood's great Tom Amandes as Jordan's father. An ex-jock and avid sports fan, pops is under the impression that his little girl is dating a football player. Imagine his surprise (read: horror) when he meets her real BF, Rusty.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
An ex-jock and avid sports fan

Heh. Harold Abbott + "ex-jock" = does not compute.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

*rubs hands together* Oh yes, I do believe we're going to see some Tom Amandes comedy!

Who is Rusty??? Is he, like, an Ephram or even Topher type?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Harold as an ex jock. The image that creates is amazing!

Rusty is...kinda like Topher. He's geeky, smart(he's majoring in polymer science), he's part of a slacker Fraternity(he's definately out of place there, but it's still good) and yeah...he's a good guy though.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I almost feel bad for laughing at such a casting, but I just don't think of jock when I think of Tom Amandes. Not by a looooooooooongshot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread