Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So what do you think of Tom Amandes on Eli Stone ?
It's so cool to see him on tv again! At first, I felt a bit bad because it looked just like a little tiny role that Berlanti threw him, but last episode he was given a real character! Last week's scene with the Patti was a big moment for Tom's character, and I really got a sense of Dr. Abbott from him there. He got to show a little emotion and play a nice guy. Before that, he was basically just playing a jerk, but there he showed some vulnerability. I hope that keeps up because Tom is too good to be wasted just playing the jerk role. But, either way, I'm just so happy that he's on tv again and I hope some exec somewhere sees his great work, looks into Everwood, and casts him in an even bigger role!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I am loving Tom Amandes on Eli Stone. First, I just checked out the show because I knew Greg had been in the charge of the series. I was so surprised to see Tom. He has such a presence on the screen and I love how says his lines. Really, really great. It's wonderful to see him on our screens again. I hope he continues to get good scenes on Eli, for sure.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaffertyFan23 (View Post)
I am loving Tom Amandes on Eli Stone. First, I just checked out the show because I knew Greg had been in the charge of the series. I was so surprised to see Tom. He has such a presence on the screen and I love how says his lines. Really, really great. It's wonderful to see him on our screens again. I hope he continues to get good scenes on Eli, for sure.
Totally about the presence. Even the small scenes he had before last week, he had an impact. He can play the smarmy guy so well, but also these emotional scenes. I've really missed him on my tv and I'll take anything I can get of him, but actually getting a nice role is AWESOME!

By the way, congrats on the modship. I'm sure that's super old news by now, but Pushing Daisies rocks. When the show comes back, hopefully I'll remember to come by and give my thoughts on the eps.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

An Everwoodian has FINALLY been cast on an upcoming pilot! And, not much suspense as to who it is based on where I'm posting this, but it's Tom Amandes!

He has been cast in an ABC comedy (which, okay, often suck and don't last long at all), called "This Might Hurt" which is a "partially improvised single-camera comedy about a private medical practice run by three partners". Shows A-Z - this might hurt on abc | TheFutonCritic.com I had never even heard about this, and would have never ever watched it, but Tom frickin' Amandes and his dry wit and humour on a comedy! WHOO! *please don't have a laugh track* I'm actually not all that excited about it because it's ABC and comedies, but I'll definitely tune in just to see TA.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 AM
buffyannAlex

I read that this morning too. It's good for him ! Cause his role in Eli Stone wasn't big so it'd be cool for him to have something else. he deserve it.

I'm not really into the comedies but I'll definitely tune in for him and see where it goes

Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Boston Legal is a pretty funny comedy on ABC- clever (I think). A new comedy might be pretty good!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-30-2008 at 05:36 AM
Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Boston Legal is a pretty funny comedy on ABC- clever (I think). A new comedy might be pretty good!
I've only seen one ep and it was pretty funny. I mostly mean their recent comedies, which always seem to fail and never last longer than a season, so I hope now that TA has found one, it'll be a rare success for them so he can be on tv and easy for us to watch for a long while. I've really missed him on my tv screen, especially in a regular role! In a four way tie with GS, EVC and TW as my favourite actors from Everwood, and I miss the other two that aren't in a regular role too!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I meant to respond here sooner. Oops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
[Re: Tom's role on Eli Stone] Totally about the presence. Even the small scenes he had before last week, he had an impact. He can play the smarmy guy so well, but also these emotional scenes. I've really missed him on my tv and I'll take anything I can get of him, but actually getting a nice role is AWESOME!
Absolutely!! I really enjoyed Eli Stone. Thanks for pushing us to watch it, Tos. Greg freakin' Berlanti, after all. I have all the eps. except the pilot (which I did see). I haven't watched the last three eps. yet. I'm afraid. I don't want it to end. Do you know if it has gotten a second season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
An Everwoodian has FINALLY been cast on an upcoming pilot! And, not much suspense as to who it is based on where I'm posting this, but it's Tom Amandes! . . .
He has been cast in an ABC comedy (which, okay, often suck and don't last long at all), called "This Might Hurt" which is a "partially improvised single-camera comedy about a private medical practice run by three partners". Shows A-Z - this might hurt on abc | TheFutonCritic.com I had never even heard about this, and would have never ever watched it, but Tom frickin' Amandes and his dry wit and humour on a comedy! WHOO! *please don't have a laugh track* I'm actually not all that excited about it because it's ABC and comedies, but I'll definitely tune in just to see TA.
Aside from Chris Egan being cast in FX and NBC pilots; and, of course Treat Williams in TNT's failed medical drama series "Heartland", and obviously, Emily in B&S being no exception, this is the most AWESOME "Everwood"-related TV casting news involving someone in a starring role. I mean, this is MAJOR. VERY exciting news! Thank you for sharing, Tos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
[Re: Bostong Legal - Funny] I've only seen one ep and it was pretty funny.
Really? But it ultimately wasn't a show for you, right, as I distinctly remember you saying. I know it takes more than one episode to get attached to a show, so no judgement there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
I mostly mean their recent comedies, which always seem to fail and never last longer than a season, so I hope now that TA has found one, it'll be a rare success for them so he can be on tv and easy for us to watch for a long while. I've really missed him on my tv screen, especially in a regular role! In a four way tie with GS, EVC and TW as my favourite actors from Everwood, and I miss the other two that aren't in a regular role too!
Man, I hope this will be a great, genuine series!! Unfortunately, not every pilot, no matter how intriguing, equals a series. But, I'm hoping this one does. Of course.
Aww, poor Tos and interminably yearning. Maybe some time.

Did you know that Treat Williams was cast in a film called Jake's Run (you should) filming in Vancouver? Lots are filming there. Greg's Edison and Leo was produced there, as well as Merrilyn's Edna Brown (you should know bout this, too, as well as John Beasley's Omaha-made For Love of Amy) and Chris Pratt's Jennifer's Body. Goodness gracious!!

Last edited by detritus85; 05-06-2008 at 01:46 AM
Old 05-06-2008, 02:41 AM
buffyannAlex

I agree that Eli Stone is the best Berlanti show, IMO. I really really love it.
It hasn't been renewed yet, but sources say it's promising *cross fingers*

Really happy for Tom as well, cause really, the guy is good with comedy

Old 08-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Here's a picture of the cast for Tom's pilot, This Might Hurt:

I have no idea how much of a shot it has making it, probably not much with how many shows ABC already has and how many options it has for other pilots, but here's hoping we get to see Tom Amandes back on a starring role. He deserves it so much.

And it should be mentioned that Harold would never have hair like that! Damn hippy!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Hippy indeed!

Oh wow, that's...erm...interesting. I wonder how low it took for him to grow it out?

*at a loss for words*

I hope it gets picked up for him; he's just too great an actor to be confined to guest roles. He's a star damnit! Dont let him go unnoticed ABC...
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Hippy indeed!

Oh wow, that's...erm...interesting. I wonder how low it took for him to grow it out?

He looks pretty good with long hair.....younger. He looks a lot better than Gregory Smith did with long hair!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
He looks pretty good with long hair.....younger. He looks a lot better than Gregory Smith did with long hair!
That isn't hard to do!

Yeah, he definitely looks younger.

Quote:
I hope it gets picked up for him; he's just too great an actor to be confined to guest roles. He's a star damnit! Dont let him go unnoticed ABC...
If there was a way to do it, I'd go and beg to the people that make these decisions. Tom is just too good to not be able to watch every week. I mean, I think I almost want to see him more than Greg or Treat. I want to see everyone, really, but Tom...man, I miss watching him and seeing his magic every week.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
He looks a lot better than Gregory Smith did with long hair!
Hopefully Tom wont have to worry about his fandom exploding over his hair.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 08-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Hopefully Tom wont have to worry about his fandom exploding over his hair.
Poor Greg! I wonder how aware he was over how much talk and hostility (hee) there was over his hair?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread