Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

It's amazing what a healthy Gronk does for the entire Pats offense.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
^^ Agree with all your thoughts.

Yes, RG3 needs a new environment. Everyone has turned against him, fans and his own teammates. When your actual teammates turn on you, a change needs to take place.

New England dominated Indy. I didn't necessarily see that coming. I thought New England would win, but never thought they'd win fairly easily. I guess I have to agree with the analysts that New England is the team to beat. They have a good enough defense, Tom Brady and now this amazing young running back. They are the real deal.

PS: I've never liked New Orleans. Illegal crap took place in the past, I've just never liked this franchise and now the actual fans are making me dislike them:

Cincinnati Bengals fan gets Jermaine Gresham TD ball stolen from her by neighboring New Orleans Saints fan - ESPN

That's so classless. I love what Gresham said.
Yeah, the announcers were commenting on that during the game.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

The best part is when the sideline reporter talked to him he said he had no remorse. You elbowed a lady in the face....for a football. I would give him the benefit of the doubt had he given it to her after and apologized. We all get caught up in the moment sometimes but then to say afterwards he would do the same thing again....
Old 11-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

It would've been different if it had been from one of the Saints too. I mean, who jumps down and elbows somebody for a ball from the opposing team?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Agreed.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That classless idiot should be ashamed. Unreal.

Yes so true about Gronk being the x-factor for the Pats. They are a dangerous team.

Kevin Garnett of Brooklyn Nets envisions someday owning Minnesota Timberwolves - ESPN New York

Oh Garnett, I know your heart never left Minnesota but this franchise sucks. LOL Though that might be the point... he probably feels unsettled due to being traded and winning elsewhere. Thus, he'd love to give the state a championship as an owner. I have no doubt he'll make it happen... ownership, that is... even KG might not create a miracle known as a championship for the Timberwolves since making the playoffs has to happen first.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Haha you never know!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL! Well, Garnett has been talking about this for years now and we know he has the money. His passion is there. So I guess most likely it will happen. Like he said, he has close ties with Flip who is back with the Wolves. He probably could slide into ownership whenever he wants. We will see.

Pittsburgh/Tennessee

I actually feel sorry for away teams when the Steelers play them given how amazingly Pittsburgh fans travel. Did you see the stands? Seriously, endless black and gold in the stands last night. It is a 9 hour drive from Pitt to Tenn and apparently many Steelers fans took the drive or flight. Also, Pittsburgh is a popular team universally so there's some that probably live in the Tennessee area that are Steeler fans too. I mean, when the Steelers play either New York team, the stands look very black and gold which shocks me given the population in the NY area. Still, showers of black and gold all over the place.

Anyway, what a game last night. Bell was a stud. My mom was flying high with that win. My uncle who just passed away would have been so happy watching that game last night. Though he probably was watching from above.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

Bell really had a monster game. He is so fun to watch as he is scary patient in the backfield. You always hear that, that running backs need to be patient and let their blocks develop before hitting the hole but he takes it to the point you have to think coaches are like RUN kid RUN! Haha he just stands back there waiting....waiting....waiting and then bam hole opens and he is gone. It's amazing. I really wonder if you will start seeing young backs in high school and then on up to college and the pros emulating his running style in years to come. I know he isn't the first to show patience but he is the first I remember being able to watch live with my own eyes to be AS patient as he is and it actually work for him. Others may have tried it but without his combination of quickness, speed, and vision they just look lost.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Bell really had a monster game. He is so fun to watch as he is scary patient in the backfield. You always hear that, that running backs need to be patient and let their blocks develop before hitting the hole but he takes it to the point you have to think coaches are like RUN kid RUN! Haha he just stands back there waiting....waiting....waiting and then bam hole opens and he is gone. It's amazing. I really wonder if you will start seeing young backs in high school and then on up to college and the pros emulating his running style in years to come. I know he isn't the first to show patience but he is the first I remember being able to watch live with my own eyes to be AS patient as he is and it actually work for him. Others may have tried it but without his combination of quickness, speed, and vision they just look lost.
For sure! Totally agree. Apparently Blount is not happy with Bell's production last night since he left the game early.

Blount upset, leaves field before game is over - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

What an idiot. Pittsburgh gave him a chance. He doesn't have a clean record/history putting it mildly. Talk about a selfish player. Don't be happy for Bell, don't be happy your team won a game that they could have easily lost if they didn't get it together. Instead, take it personally in selfish fashion. I hope Tomlin throws the book at him.

Also... Cleveland released Ben Tate.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Yeah Blount is a hot head always has been. I could easily see them releasing him and picking up someone else like a Ben Tate perhaps. Tate won't be free long, the Colts are likely to swoop him up as well.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

I'd bet the Colts have already called Tate. They obviously can't rely on Trent Richardson for any reliable play.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I can't get over that Cleveland/Indy trade. On paper, it looked laughable for Cleveland but they actually won that trade.

Yes, Ben Tate going down with another injury was really the death of him in Cleveland because West and Crowell are the future in Cleveland. Or now, I guess, they are the present. LOL If you hear the talk in Brown's nation and analyze both, Crowell is the one with the amazing talent. He's superb and we have seen glimpses of it already. West isn't too shabby either! But Crowell is penned in to be THE back so we'll see if that past prediction is transferring to reality now.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

The irony....they give up a slew of top draft picks to get Richardson from the Browns last year and now they are likely to pick up the Browns leftovers to replace Richardson. Oy vey.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
The irony....they give up a slew of top draft picks to get Richardson from the Browns last year and now they are likely to pick up the Browns leftovers to replace Richardson. Oy vey.
Exactly.

Steelers wasted no time releasing Blount: NFL Notes: Avant, Blount, Ben Tate released | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread