Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Coach Kill said roughly 75% of the Ohio State football team is headed to the NFL. He mentioned how Miller goes down but the next QB comes in who is just as athletically gifted as Miller but With a better passing arm. Coach Kill said the Gophers made errors but lost to an elite football team in Ohio State. The Gophers are a fairly good team too. They were ranked so it'll be interesting to see the polls after this weekend.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah a lot happened. Not that the polls really matter until the last week of the season anyway though it's all about money. You don't see the basketball committee posting weekly rankings, we don't hear from them until Selection Sunday.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Exactly.

I noticed your fantasy line up. Do you need to tweak it? Some of your guys are on a bye?????
Old 11-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Ahh thanks! I forget about this league sometimes as I am so hyper focused on winning my money one. Lineup fixed...well the best it could be at this point.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Ahh thanks! I forget about this league sometimes as I am so hyper focused on winning my money one. Lineup fixed...well the best it could be at this point.
Good, I'm glad. If I could have, I would have fixed it for you.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Haha if only it worked that way.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL!

Well, Vikings lost to Chicago but after watching that game, I would be very concerned if I supported Chicago. Cutler's bad. They gave him all that money and are stuck with a QB I truly believe will not allow Chicago to do anything special. He looked awful overall. Their defense isn't fun either. For as bad as the Vikings played, they still almost tied it in the end.

Browns had a horrible game today against Houston. Sucks.

Shocked about Denver! The Rams were prepared.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-16-2014 at 02:29 PM
Old 11-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Denver had a heck of a day with injuries. Yowza. Both Julius Thomas and Sanders went out during the game......ouch.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh, really? I didn't know that! That sucks. Bad injuries?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

I know Sanders was a concussion not sure on Thomas. They also lost Ball again who has just returned this week from a groin strain he had been out with since week 5.

In others news. I really liked RG3 coming out of college. I wasn't sure how he would end up as a NFL QB but he just seemed like such a good guy and a great leader, someone who was easy to cheer for. Fast forward two years and more and more I hear him say things post-game that make me roll my eyes. He never takes the blame fully on himself, he always places it on others too.

Today he went to another level. Basically saying I wasn't great because my teammates played poorly. Hey I didn't watch the game maybe he is right. But to say it? No. Just no. Did Peyton say that last week after the Patriots game? No he outright said he sucked. He owned it.

This is what RG3 said today:
Quote:
"The great QBs, the Peyton's, Aaron Rodgers, they don't play well if their guys don't play well. They don't. We need everybody."
Old 11-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow, I can't believe he said that. He has a fairly solid running game, a good receiving core, and an improved defense. It all stops and starts with him. You're right, Peyton would never say something like that. Ever. Neither would Rodgers. Rodgers transforms average receivers into above average/elite receivers. Peyton does the same with his receiving core. Look what he's done with Sanders. He turned D Thomas into an even more elite WR, he created an elite TE in J Thomas.

I know RG3 has had a terribly rough career so far in the NFL with the injuries, reportedly not getting along with his past coach. But man, own it when you suck.

I actually think the Skins never should have gone to him when they did. Colt had a hot game. I thought he should have played a second game. I think he earned it.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Yeah apparently the crowd was chanting "We want Colt" during today's game.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I don't blame them. Colt earned another shot. He was fantastic in that game.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Colt's never going to be a "franchise" QB but he can be a serviceable QB in an office built for it. Look at Andy Dalton.....same kind of player (albeit he has a bit more arm strength) and the man who built Dalton is now coaching in Washington.

I think it would be best for both the Redskins and RG3 to move on, it seems even players prefer Colt. Who ever would have guessed that, the third string QB headed into the year.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^ Agree with all your thoughts.

Yes, RG3 needs a new environment. Everyone has turned against him, fans and his own teammates. When your actual teammates turn on you, a change needs to take place.

New England dominated Indy. I didn't necessarily see that coming. I thought New England would win, but never thought they'd win fairly easily. I guess I have to agree with the analysts that New England is the team to beat. They have a good enough defense, Tom Brady and now this amazing young running back. They are the real deal.

PS: I've never liked New Orleans. Illegal crap took place in the past, I've just never liked this franchise and now the actual fans are making me dislike them:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ans-saints-fan

That's so classless. I love what Gresham said.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread