Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, we should see him in "Guns" in the fall, that's what I'm hoping for. He's probably hanging around in Utah right now making an indie movie
Yeah, probably. Will "Guns" debut in the fall? For sure? I really cant wait to see it!

As much as I would love to see him on B & S (his reuniting with Emily on-screen would be wonderful!), I can't see him fitting in the Walker Family, to be honest. But I may change my mind once I see him on the screen with the Walker Family.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:51 PM
buffyannAlex

Yeah, I feel the same but I could be wrong.

As for Guns, let me check. I think it's supposed to air in the fall on CBC TV yes. that's what I've read though no date yet.

and I found this while searching :
Quote:
Just as different in temperament is Gregory Smith, another young Canadian find, who plated Ephram so affectingly for four seasons on the prime time WB soap Everwood. He last visited Toronto during the CTV launch as a gangly 18-year-old. Says Smith: "A lot happened to me in those four years. Look! I grew facial hair, which I thought would never come. I'm not that angst-ridden teen although it's hard convincing others because the reruns are on. So this part, mixed up Bobby, he's a real step to maturity. The bad guy, yes, but you'll understand why."
about the facial hair !!!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I LOVE Ephram Brown / Gregory Smith

And plus he's Canadian, which is even better! ahha j/k.

I think that's great he's going to be on Brother's & Sisters. I should really watch that show since Emily is on it as well..and so many other great actors!

But can I please be added to the fan list?

Oh, and is Guns a movie or a new TV show?

RyanMarissa
Nathan♥Haley ; Clark♥Lois ; Sid♥Cassie ; Brandon♥Kelly ; David♥Donna ; Seth♥Summer
Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the article, Alex. Love his sense of humor and wit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oth is love (View Post)
And plus he's Canadian, which is even better! ahha j/k.
Yeah, that's a nice bonus.

About him on B & S: Actually, it is just wishful thinking. It's not set in stone but we can always hope. Ausiello did that before with Emily so...he can do it again with Greg.

"Guns" is a TV mini-series - it will debut in your country this fall. We are green with envy that you, Tos, and other Canadians will get to see it before us!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 AM
buffyannAlex

oth is love, you've been added.

I think Guns is gonna be great. I honestly think that. it's an interesting subject (even if violence isn't my sort of thing) and the cast is good
I hope we'll be able to see it, one way or another. I'll be looking it out for sure

Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'd only want Greg on Brothers And Sisters if the horrible Rebecca/Justin storyline concluded because I think it would be so painful to watch Emily involved in that horrific storyline with Greg on there and their characters not paired up together. That would be the worst. Now if Greg came on and Rebecca/Justin ENDED (please let this happen) then that would definitely work. Also there would be full out proof plain as day that Dave/Emily do not hold a candle in the chemistry department to the one and only, Greg/Emily. Heh.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ohh, I just heard rumors he might be on it, and I guess I just thought it was true.

Thanks for explaining Guns for me, MrsBrown

and thanks for adding me buffyannAlex

RyanMarissa
Nathan♥Haley ; Clark♥Lois ; Sid♥Cassie ; Brandon♥Kelly ; David♥Donna ; Seth♥Summer
Old 05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Of course it would be great to have Greg on B&S. But him and Emily playing a couple again would be more than weird. I am sure in that case they would constantly remind me of Everwood and it would only upset me. I would rather have him get a role in another Series.

A heart is a fragile thing. That's why we protect them so vigorously, give them away so rarely and why it means so much when we do. Some hearts are more fragile than others. Purer somehow. Like crystal in a world of glass, even the way they shatter is beautiful.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, buffyann, for bringing the Ausiello quote over here. I already read it before but some people probably haven't, so thank you!

Interesting thoughts about the possibility of Greg being on "Brothers and Sisters". I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts/feelings on the subject, Wilpen, as mostly everyone here probably does. Very nicely said.
A special to the whole EV/DA vs. EV/GS chemistry part.

I looove that snippet from the article on "Guns", too. Funny and sincere, that Greg.
A quality of his which I think would shine on a series like B&S.

I hope you don't mind, Alex, but if anyone is wondering what article that came from, it's the one from TheStar.com titled 'Drama shoots from the hip'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrown
"Guns" is a TV mini-series - it will debut in your country this fall. We are green with envy that you, Tos, and other Canadians will get to see it before us!
Totally!! GRRRRRR!!!!

I'm definitely excited to see it, too (not sure when that will be . . . ).
Director David "Sudz" Sutherland said Greg was so impressive that he was consequently given more and more scenes. So, that can only make everyone here happy!!

It looks really compelling and well-done, so I agree with buffyann that it's going to be great to watch (though heartbreaking and intense at times).

If you haven't seen the "Guns" trailer, especially you oth is love, well, I'm sure you'll want to check it out.

It's nice to see you posting more around here, oth is love.

Are you guys going to pick up the "Wieners" DVD on the 10th of June or soon after? Have you seen the trailer?
It looks like it good be a lot of fun to see.

ETA: To help you get caught up, oth is love, because I'm not certain that you are, this page will tell you about the status of all his yet-to-be-seen projects. <-- (it's the fifth post down in most-recent-at-top mode)
You can also see Greg from his most recently known photoshoot (for AirCanada's enRoute) just three posts below that.

Definitely check this page for an update on Edison and Leo (Plus, scroll down toward the end of the page for links to the latest pics of Greg - not related to the film, however).
Note, in that same post (the first one, again if you have it set to most-recent-at-top), is an update on Boot Camp. The initial update on Boot Camp (concerning the Region 1 DVD release, apparently only available in Canada) can be found midway down the next page of that thread.

Thank you, buffyann, for conveniently putting the links to these threads in the thread's beginning post.
I was wondering, when you have the time, if you could please add lil old me to the list?

Last edited by detritus85; 05-28-2008 at 12:32 PM
Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Katie, thanks for filling the newbies in. You rock.

Gregory Smith on B & S

Most of us have already agreed in the Ephramy thread that the emotional connection is a crucial element in a relationship. Since I envision Ryan to be much like Rebecca, I think there’s a lot of potential in Rebecca/Ryan, a very lot more than Rebecca/Justin, the incestual couple... Becuz they have a lot in common. The poverty-stricken childhood, coupled with growing up in a home with no father, a brooding personality, mysterious past, and cruelty. They would talk with passion about certain issues - the ones with which they would have formed strong connection with intense passion. If the writers are going to pursue such a storyline and have R/R to be the endgame then Gregory Smith would be perfect for that role. But if not, then I would prefer a different actor.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, thank you, Mabe.
to you using my name. Cool.
Sure . . . it's not a problem. I had the time so I thought, "What the hell?".
And it's extremely important that everyone is on the same page, so to speak.
Anyway, I believe everyone here is deserving of the opportunity to know what there is to know in the least stressful way possible and I'm happy to be here to help out with that.
Quote:
Most of us have already agreed in the Ephramy thread that the emotional connection is a crucial element in a relationship.
That is undeniably true.

I appreciate your thoughts on the Greg/B&S matter, Mabe. Right on the money.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nice thoughts Mabe. But I am still not sure how I feel about the two of them playing friends or even a couple again.

Katie Thanks for the link for the "Guns" trailer. I hadn't seen it yet. Too bad my speakers dont work at the moment. Grrr. I hate computers.

A heart is a fragile thing. That's why we protect them so vigorously, give them away so rarely and why it means so much when we do. Some hearts are more fragile than others. Purer somehow. Like crystal in a world of glass, even the way they shatter is beautiful.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, you're welcome, pinkchoco.

Yeah, it sucks when the speakers go kaput. That happened with mine a few months ago. Inconvenient but easily fixed with a new set.
---------
Quote:
But I am still not sure how I feel about the two of them playing friends or even a couple again.
Really? They are so much more grown-up now.
It would be nice, I think. I understand if you're feeling hesitant since they were like THE couple. But, I mean, time has passed and wouldn't he be a welcomed presence in any case as far as any of us are concerned? And it's not like it would be a full-blown relationship right off the bat, ya know?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks SO much, detritus85

..for the info on Greg, I am definitely going to that site and look at what he's done/working on!

And for also posting the link for the "Guns" trailer I am so going to watch that very soon!!

RyanMarissa
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

No problem, oth is love. No problem at all.

Great!! Enjoy getting caught up.

Sure thing! Good to hear.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread