Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, I love him. I didn't like him in his last movie: I believe it's called American Gangsters. He played a really bad guy (true story). I prefer him as a good guy.
Yes! Loved him in that! I also prefer him playing a good guy. He was amazing in Philadelphia with Tom Hanks. The Pelican Brief with Julia Roberts, he was great in. Also, that weird and scary movie, Fallen, he was really good in. Heck he's amazing in everything he's in. Outstanding actor.

Quote:
I also like Kevin Kosner. I loved him in Dances With Wolves and one of my all time favorite movies is Field of Dreams (another movie I can see over and over again!)
Love him, too! Both movies I have on DVD.

There's so many good actors out there.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

I prefer Denzel as the good guy too, he's a great hero, but I really enjoyed him in American Gangster and Training Day. Something different. He brings something different no matter what he does, but these two were really interesting to see him be the anti-hero. You know, he says the kind of role he most wants, is a comedy. Not something most people think of when they think of him, but I'd watch it!

Which brings me to a Greg question: what kind of role do you want to see him play? Or what kind of movie/tv show do you want to see him in?

He's done quite a lot of different roles, so just wondering if there's anything you've been waiting to see from him that you haven't yet.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 AM
buffyannAlex

I guess I'd like to see what Greg can do with a comedy. Just out of curiosity. All his roles were "intense" so far, which I suppose is his thing, but I'd like to see some comedy too.

otherwise, mmm, a very tortured guy ? I like my nice tortured guys.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Greg as a humorous character(sarcastic humor), but for me, he has to have a little of the tortured, brooding aspect to the character. This is what appealed to me about the character of Ephram.
At this point, however, I am so anxious to see Greg in anything, so I will give any other type of role a chance. But just like Denzel Washington, Greg must play a good guy!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 05-20-2008 at 03:06 AM
Old 05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
At this point, however, I am so anxious to see Greg in anything, so I will give any other type of role a chance.
Absolutely.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
buffyannAlex

Well, he's gonna be in Guns this fall and that promised to be intense

Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Gregory Peck
Anthony Hopkins
Tom Hanks
Leonardo DiCaprio
Denzel Washington
Sean Connery
Christian Bale
Oh yes, I love those actors, too. And Dustin Hoffman...Jeremy Piven...Morgan Freeman... Kevin Bacon... Michael Emerson... so many! Now I think it was really silly of me to ask that question becuz there are so many good actors...so many you can't choose!

Quote:
You really can't ignore Tom Cruise's enormous talent, and yes, if it were not for the Oprah sofa incident and the Brooke Shields incident, he would definitely be on my list.
Tom is adorable, personable, but very bizarre. There something about him that's not what it seems, and I don't think we'll ever know what it is.
Tom partially redeemed himself in in interview by Oprah. He's very charming and you really can't help but like him (that is....I can't help it.)
Yeah, that's true. He has a big heart and always wants the best for people (his loved ones, and even strangers) but unfortunately his efforts are often misguided... I used to be a HUGE fan of him. I instantly fell in love with him in "Far and Away" with Nicole Kidman and followed his career until his Scientology fiasco. He's very talented actor, that's for sure.

Quote:
I also like Kevin Kosner. I loved him in Dances With Wolves and one of my all time favorite movies is Field of Dreams (another movie I can see over and over again!)
Oh yes! I loved both movies, too. When Greg Berlanti pitched "Eli Stone" pilot, he described it as "Field of Dreams" in the law firm, which is why having such high expectations for that show led me to disappointment. But I will give it another chance, I promise.

Quote:
Which brings me to a Greg question: what kind of role do you want to see him play? Or what kind of movie/tv show do you want to see him in?
Hmm... Yeah, like Alex said, I would like to see him in a comedy, even though I did see a little element of that in "Harriet the Spy" (his imitating a chicken to make his dad laugh was sooooo cute). He also did have a terrific comic timing with his character Ephram but I would like to see him in a crazy funny movie.

I watched the trailer for "Guns" and from what I see, his character seems like a bad guy. No matter how much I love him, he really freaks me out...but of course, it wont stop me from watching it.

I have watched "Rory O'Shea Was Here" (Inside I'm Dancing) over sooo many times. Since James McAvoy has some resemblance to Greg, that makes me think of Greg, apparently, and that I'd like to see him play as someone with a terminal disability like James did in the beforementioned movie...and Dustin Hoffman did in "Rainman". It would provide some excellent material for Greg to work with.

And a mythical creature would be fun to watch.

Last edited by MrsBrown; 05-20-2008 at 11:24 AM
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
Well, he's gonna be in Guns this fall and that promised to be intense
I understsand that that's a Canadian TV production. Will everyone be able to see it?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, it is but I hope it will debut in America too. If not, we will make Tos copy it for us. JK.
DVD would be the only option, if they would ever release it.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I wanna live in America. No, actually I don't, but I want to see "Guns", too.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
buffyannAlex

I'm thinking there will be the option of internet. Alex is there for you people.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
I'm thinking there will be the option of internet. Alex is there for you people.
Always dependable, Alex, always dependable. You are a true gem.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Alex, has anyone told you that you are a goddess? Well, they should becuz you are. Too bad there's no smiley that does bowing.
*insert the smiley that does bowing* I know I sound like a broken record but seriously you ROCK!

(I think these are my favorite smilies!)
Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrown (View Post)
Alex, has anyone told you that you are a goddess? Well, they should becuz you are. Too bad there's no smiley that does bowing.
*insert the smiley that does bowing* I know I sound like a broken record but seriously you ROCK!

(I think these are my favorite smilies!)
Alex, Just want you to know that we all feel that way and Mrs Brown couldn't have said it any better!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, Alex, we all do =].

Pictures? Okay . . .

He looks like he is saying "Come hither" in this one. haha.

I think he is so cute in this picture.

Hello.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread