Spoiler:
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
The OC in S1 was great, wish it retained that quality.
Agreed.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

They lost me when it became the marissa show.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Love or hate Marissa, it was clear when the character was killed off the ratings started to tank and the show couldn’t survive this big change. It tried but failed.

On Dawson’s Creek, the ratings tanked when the show turned into Joey’s Creek. Love or hate Dawson, the show lost all its quality and direction post-season 2. In fact, it turned into a completely different show called Joey’s Creek. The best actor on the show (Michelle) couldn’t make Katie look even worse so Michelle was tossed in the closest.

Bottom line is killing off a main character or trying to make a switch and replace a main character with another (while ignoring all the quality you once had) is never a formula that is typically going to work.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Love or hate Marissa, it was clear when the character was killed off the ratings started to tank and the show couldn’t survive this big change. It tried but failed.

On Dawson’s Creek, the ratings tanked when the show turned into Joey’s Creek. Love or hate Dawson, the show lost all its quality and direction post-season 2. In fact, it turned into a completely different show called Joey’s Creek. The best actor on the show (Michelle) couldn’t make Katie look even worse so Michelle was tossed in the closest.

Bottom line is killing off a main character or trying to make a switch and replace a main character with another (while ignoring all the quality you once had) is never a formula that is typically going to work.
They didn't need to kill her off although the actress even said she doesn't blame them on her latest show the hills. But, I meant how she was like 85% of the story in s2 when she was your fourth name. The show was aways primarily about Ryan and the Cohens imo. Quality is subjective. As for DC, you know we don't share the perspective. Although, I do agree that Jen should have been highlighted more. But, by S4 she had moved past the show and had already won her first oscar. I was surprised she stayed to be honest. But, DC was never the best of the WB and its why they tried so hard to make fun of Felicity even in S3. It's like please there is a reason one is in the tv hall of fame and the other is. But, what you say happened on DC is exactly what happened on the OC. Ratings started to dip in s2. But dipped further on her death. For me that was more about the quality of S3.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They didn't need to kill her off although the actress even said she doesn't blame them on her latest show the hills. But, I meant how she was like 85% of the story in s2 when she was your fourth name. The show was aways primarily about Ryan and the Cohens imo.
It definitely was and that's why Season 1 was so good. Season 2, was the definition of a sophomore slump. Ugh. If they would have kept her around but stopped all the drama with her I would bet the show would have gone another few seasons.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Agreed.
Sucks it didn't
Old 12-04-2020, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It definitely was and that's why Season 1 was so good. Season 2, was the definition of a sophomore slump. Ugh. If they would have kept her around but stopped all the drama with her I would bet the show would have gone another few seasons.
I agree.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So I am thinking about watching Nancy Drew before Season 2 arrives. I think I have some time. I might watch The Pilot this weekend. I have decided against watching Stargirl. I know people say it's really good but quite frankly, I don't care, lol. I feel very relieved knowing I am limiting my Superhero shows on The CW. Guggenheim is still loosely attached to the Berlanti shows and I cannot stand that idiot. I watch The Flash and Supergirl. Supergirl is ending soon. I am not watching Superman either. So I'll just have The Flash left and then Riverdale and Nancy Drew (if I watch) on the network but only one Superhero show until The Flash ends (and Guggenheim has never gotten his paws on The Flash thankfully). It feels good.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread