Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Sad news, even though I personally never really listened to his music a lot.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

This is the final of the second season of the Disney show I am watching. Well a scene from the season finale. Their skating has definitely improved. Interesting that they decided to combine hoops and skating at once. The last trick is definitely challenging enough. I am surprised that they decided to try this out.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
My problem is a bit more serious . I don't just forget what happened in the show. I forget that the show exists .
LOL!
Old 10-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is the final of the second season of the Disney show I am watching. Well a scene from the season finale. Their skating has definitely improved. Interesting that they decided to combine hoops and skating at once. The last trick is definitely challenging enough. I am surprised that they decided to try this out.
Is there a triangle going on? It seems like the two guys at the end and the girl might be involved in one or is it just professional only?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Is there a triangle going on? It seems like the two guys at the end and the girl might be involved in one or is it just professional only?
You definitely picked up that there is something going on between those three. Basically one of the guys is her best friend and the other one is her love interest. I still need to watch the rest of the second season, but the second season she ended up single. In the final scene her love interest sees her hugging her best friend. She had relationship with her love interest, but they would fight a lot (think something like Maria/Michael).

The first guy she grabbed is her best friend and the second one is her love interest.

The writers in this show continue to include stories related to connection. For example her love interest gave her a ring as a gift. The ring is simple plastic one, but it lights on sometimes. He told her that it will light whenever he thinks about her. In the final scene she is hugging her best friend and her love interest is watching them from a far. At that moment her ring lights on and she is seen surprised thinking about something (it's implied that she realized that at that point he was thinking about her).

Here is a scene where they argue and the ring is involved . Basically the idea was for them to do the tricks together but they had issues so they switched partners and she did the tricks with her best friend.

Last edited by secretk; 10-03-2017 at 04:44 AM
Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Another Tom Petty song I love:

Old 10-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

everytime i think of tom petty i think of the song "free falling"

RIP TOM
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

He has a ton of classic songs.

I listened to Full Moon Fever in college all the time.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-03-2017 at 02:11 PM
Old 10-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You definitely picked up that there is something going on between those three. Basically one of the guys is her best friend and the other one is her love interest. I still need to watch the rest of the second season, but the second season she ended up single. In the final scene her love interest sees her hugging her best friend. She had relationship with her love interest, but they would fight a lot (think something like Maria/Michael).

The first guy she grabbed is her best friend and the second one is her love interest.

The writers in this show continue to include stories related to connection. For example her love interest gave her a ring as a gift. The ring is simple plastic one, but it lights on sometimes. He told her that it will light whenever he thinks about her. In the final scene she is hugging her best friend and her love interest is watching them from a far. At that moment her ring lights on and she is seen surprised thinking about something (it's implied that she realized that at that point he was thinking about her).

Here is a scene where they argue and the ring is involved . Basically the idea was for them to do the tricks together but they had issues so they switched partners and she did the tricks with her best friend.
That's awesome. Yes, there's no way a triangle of sorts wasn't formed once you see how they both look at her, haha.

So is the series kind of leaning towards the girl with the best friend in the future? Do you prefer one of the pairings?

PS: I rewatched the Roswell Pilot today. I was over on the Roswell board, Max/Liz thread, and it caused me to fire up the Pilot. Makes me want to rewatch the series in full.

PPS: Have you seen the Chicago PD premiere yet? If so, what did you think?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's awesome. Yes, there's no way a triangle of sorts wasn't formed once you see how they both look at her, haha.
Haha. In this specific scene there was something more aside to the love triangle. Basically they were in competition. One girl (the antagonist in the series basically) left the team pretty close before the competition and decided to join the rival team. Not only she did that, but she also stole some of their moves. They had to come up with something interesting, original and difficult just a day before the competition to have chances against the other team.

The coach suggested this, but they all were a bit scared as they did not have enough time practicing this. So this scene served few purposes. The first one was to show her hesitation, to show the coach's worry and in the end to play out the sort of triangle once more (in reality the triangle is not actually exactly love triangle in the typical sense).

Quote:
So is the series kind of leaning towards the girl with the best friend in the future? Do you prefer one of the pairings?
No. For me is the other way around. The series leans to the second guy. If you look at the video you will see that she needs more time to grab the first hand than the second one. The guy is her best friend and she loves him, but in a best friend type of relationship. She likes the other guy even though she can't admit it to herself because he is a bit cocky.

When I said that the love triangle is not the typical one this is what I meant. The two guys like her, but she likes only one of them. The other one is her best friend and she loves him as best friend, but not for relationship.

The Season 2 finale ends up with a choreography they did to an old American song:

I think that they paired up the couples the way they want them to be in the end. In the beginning she is dancing with her love interest (who is the second actor in the credits after her) and her best friend is paired up with the antagonist (they already started to play this out). Also they specifically changed the song for the series because there is a point where they both sing and that is not in their official recording. Basically those 4 were and still are the main characters in the show. Luna is the protagonist and Simon is her best friend and they lived in Cancun. This is where Luna meets Matteo (basically there is a whole scene in the Pilot where they stumble each other on while they are skating) and later on Ambar (his girlfriend and goddaughter of later on Luna's parents' boss). Ambar pushes Luna in the pool (while she is with skates) and Matteo saves her. Luna loses her necklace in the pool and it's really important for her because it's the only thing she has from her birth parents. She is adopted. Matteo hears this and finds her necklace and gives it back to her. The first season's ends up with the same scene because she loses it for second time and he finds it. The Pilot is constructed in a way that it would tell you that Luna and Matteo are the main relationship of the show. Of course this could always change, but I still think that Matteo/Luna is the OTP. They specifically chose the actor that played Matteo. He never went for castings for this show. They called him and offered him the role. All other actors went trough a whole process to get casted. Only he was specifically chosen.

I prefer Luna and Matteo for two reasons. I like the actor that plays Matteo more. Not that I dislike the other one, I just like this one more. And Luna/Matteo have more sort of passionate chemistry. Luna and her best friend are sweet and all, but they kind of get boring easier because I do not see passion. With Matteo and Luna they do fight a lot more and they have things to work on (Matteo is a bit jealous and sometimes too proud to admit his feelings, Luna can't balance having close both Simon and Matteo and sometimes prefers Simon over Matteo) but in the end of the day they are more interesting to watch.

Those will be the end couples in my opinion:

Quote:
PS: I rewatched the Roswell Pilot today. I was over on the Roswell board, Max/Liz thread, and it caused me to fire up the Pilot. Makes me want to rewatch the series in full.
Wow what made you check the show again? Was there something specific mentioned that you wanted to check out?

Quote:
PPS: Have you seen the Chicago PD premiere yet? If so, what did you think?
Still not. It was out last week, but I was in France and I could not watch it. I am still not recovered from the trip so I am tired and have no desire to watch something after work.

Last edited by secretk; 10-03-2017 at 10:05 PM
Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He has a ton of classic songs.

I listened to Full Moon Fever in college all the time.
Yeah, when he did start up?
Old 10-04-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, when he did start up?
Way back in the 70s but was active from then 70s until the present. Definitely a classic American musician that was too good to ever go away. In college for some reason everyone was listening to his earlier stuff along with a couple other bands as well like the Steve Miller Band. We acted like we were living in the 70s/80s for some reason and I still don't understand why.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Haha. In this specific scene there was something more aside to the love triangle. Basically they were in competition. One girl (the antagonist in the series basically) left the team pretty close before the competition and decided to join the rival team. Not only she did that, but she also stole some of their moves. They had to come up with something interesting, original and difficult just a day before the competition to have chances against the other team.

The coach suggested this, but they all were a bit scared as they did not have enough time practicing this. So this scene served few purposes. The first one was to show her hesitation, to show the coach's worry and in the end to play out the sort of triangle once more (in reality the triangle is not actually exactly love triangle in the typical sense).
Got it. Makes sense.

Quote:
No. For me is the other way around. The series leans to the second guy. If you look at the video you will see that she needs more time to grab the first hand than the second one. The guy is her best friend and she loves him, but in a best friend type of relationship. She likes the other guy even though she can't admit it to herself because he is a bit cocky.

When I said that the love triangle is not the typical one this is what I meant. The two guys like her, but she likes only one of them. The other one is her best friend and she loves him as best friend, but not for relationship.
Oh okay, so they are definitely going the unpredictable route. Usually it's the best friends who end up together. Interesting.

Quote:
The Season 2 finale ends up with a choreography they did to an old American song:
Classic American song. Haha that's interesting watching them sing/dance to this song. Footloose was actually a move too starring Kevin Bacon. Really popular movie and song, along with a ton of other big time music hits too.

Quote:
I think that they paired up the couples the way they want them to be in the end. In the beginning she is dancing with her love interest (who is the second actor in the credits after her) and her best friend is paired up with the antagonist (they already started to play this out). Also they specifically changed the song for the series because there is a point where they both sing and that is not in their official recording. Basically those 4 were and still are the main characters in the show. Luna is the protagonist and Simon is her best friend and they lived in Cancun. This is where Luna meets Matteo (basically there is a whole scene in the Pilot where they stumble each other on while they are skating) and later on Ambar (his girlfriend and goddaughter of later on Luna's parents' boss). Ambar pushes Luna in the pool (while she is with skates) and Matteo saves her. Luna loses her necklace in the pool and it's really important for her because it's the only thing she has from her birth parents. She is adopted. Matteo hears this and finds her necklace and gives it back to her. The first season's ends up with the same scene because she loses it for second time and he finds it. The Pilot is constructed in a way that it would tell you that Luna and Matteo are the main relationship of the show. Of course this could always change, but I still think that Matteo/Luna is the OTP. They specifically chose the actor that played Matteo. He never went for castings for this show. They called him and offered him the role. All other actors went trough a whole process to get casted. Only he was specifically chosen.

I prefer Luna and Matteo for two reasons. I like the actor that plays Matteo more. Not that I dislike the other one, I just like this one more. And Luna/Matteo have more sort of passionate chemistry. Luna and her best friend are sweet and all, but they kind of get boring easier because I do not see passion. With Matteo and Luna they do fight a lot more and they have things to work on (Matteo is a bit jealous and sometimes too proud to admit his feelings, Luna can't balance having close both Simon and Matteo and sometimes prefers Simon over Matteo) but in the end of the day they are more interesting to watch.
Quote:
Those will be the end couples in my opinion:
Are there wars within the fanbase or would you say more people like these pairings?

Quote:
Wow what made you check the show again? Was there something specific mentioned that you wanted to check out?
I don't know? lol I just checked out the Roswell board since I do that from time to time and on the ML thread they were talking about season 1 scenes and I watched a clip which got me to watch the Pilot again. I also watched 1.2. I wish the show was still on Netflix!

Quote:
Still not. It was out last week, but I was in France and I could not watch it. I am still not recovered from the trip so I am tired and have no desire to watch something after work.
It makes sense. From what I gather, people liked the premiere and the ratings did not massively slip without Sophia either which is great.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it. Makes sense.
They always need suspense .

Quote:
Oh okay, so they are definitely going the unpredictable route. Usually it's the best friends who end up together. Interesting.
Hm I had not seen it like that, but you are correct. Usually you have woman/man best friends in TV series/movie they end up together. In this case I still think that it won't be like that. For countries in Latin America all 4 actors promote the show, but for Europe are usually only the first two in the credits. Fact that the man is from Italy, but still they choose to send them to promote the show alone and it happens every time so I think that the writers know what they want to do.

Quote:
Classic American song. Haha that's interesting watching them sing/dance to this song. Footloose was actually a move too starring Kevin Bacon. Really popular movie and song, along with a ton of other big time music hits too.
Yeah this is what I know as well. It's definitely a great song for movie/show focused on music and dancing you know.

Quote:
Are there wars within the fanbase or would you say more people like these pairings?
I would not say that there are shipper wars like say OTH or Dawson's Creek, but for sure there are some fans that prefer Lumon (Luna with her best friend) over Lutteo (Luna with Matteo). However it's overall normal. Most fans that like Lutteo (Luna with Matteo) love also Simbar (Simon with Ambar) so in the end I would say that the fans know what to expect.

Quote:
I don't know? lol I just checked out the Roswell board since I do that from time to time and on the ML thread they were talking about season 1 scenes and I watched a clip which got me to watch the Pilot again. I also watched 1.2. I wish the show was still on Netflix!
Cool! Do you think that the second time around you have different experience? Or it's too early to say.

Quote:
It makes sense. From what I gather, people liked the premiere and the ratings did not massively slip without Sophia either which is great.
Yeah at least for now it seems this way .
Old 10-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They always need suspense .

Hm I had not seen it like that, but you are correct. Usually you have woman/man best friends in TV series/movie they end up together. In this case I still think that it won't be like that. For countries in Latin America all 4 actors promote the show, but for Europe are usually only the first two in the credits. Fact that the man is from Italy, but still they choose to send them to promote the show alone and it happens every time so I think that the writers know what they want to do.
That's good.

Quote:
Yeah this is what I know as well. It's definitely a great song for movie/show focused on music and dancing you know.

I would not say that there are shipper wars like say OTH or Dawson's Creek, but for sure there are some fans that prefer Lumon (Luna with her best friend) over Lutteo (Luna with Matteo). However it's overall normal. Most fans that like Lutteo (Luna with Matteo) love also Simbar (Simon with Ambar) so in the end I would say that the fans know what to expect.
If the fans know what to expect that is important. Too often they don't have a clue so it's good that the writers are making it fairly clear.

Quote:
Cool! Do you think that the second time around you have different experience? Or it's too early to say.
Well, I love the series so I don't think that'll change. I might watch this time around seeing it more from Max's point of view. I was harsh on him the first time around (I wasn't seeing him as a King so much if that makes sense) and I think that will help understand his character much more.

Quote:
Yeah at least for now it seems this way .
Definitely could change, you're right.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread