Old 05-20-2022, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Why do you say that? God I hope so!
I have to rewatch it more closely but basically:

Jug can read minds (superpower) so Betty asked him to read hers for repressed memories of her past trauma. Jughead goes into Betty's mind and starts to read it (through Betty comics, no less). The first thing he sees is their first kiss and then he sees the moment where she wonders if evil can be passed down (at the same time when Betty just had a pregnancy scare, huh.). But then, Jughead sees Betty kill Caramel and the conversation Betty and Hal apparently had afterward. It is clear that Hal has always been grooming Betty. Suddenly, Betty's memory loss throughout the show is becoming understandable because who would want to remember that! Later, during Betty and Jughead's second session, we find out that Hal had Alice take a test and, in fact, Alice had the Serial Killer Gene. Which she said to Betty that only Betty had. Of course, when Betty confronts her, Alice lies to Betty.

Betty has had enough and asks Jughead to read Alice's mind. Here's the thing, I do understand Jughead's reluctance and normally would agree with him on this. But you know what? After everything Alice has done and everything we learned this episode, I don't care. I am simply to the point where any sympathy I had for the character is gone. Turns out, Hal has killed before the Black Hood and Alice helped him hide the body. She knew that Hal was grooming Betty and that's why she was hard on Betty all these years, to counteract it. No, bitch. You want to help your child? Turn in Hal, get Betty away from him. I just... I'm done. Alice is the worst! But the bottom line is Betty's main thoughts from the past are during intimate moments with Jughead.

Ok, so. Now we get to the final moments of the episode, which is pretty interesting. So, not surprisingly the Varchie kiss was click bait. I figured the kiss between Archie and Veronica was to test his powers. However, it turns out it was a suggestion by Betty so that Veronica could have one last good moment between another person. Uh-huh. And it's not to show that there is at least one person who she could be with, perhaps? Meanwhile, Jughead suddenly has flashes of several intimate moments with Betty. He then gets a text from Tabitha and he tells her he really misses her. At the same time, those images clearly have him rattled.

It’s SUCH a set up for reuniting Bughead and Varchie. Betty’s repressed memories all involve being with Jughead then Jughead having memories of his time with Betty? Plus, their chemistry is so thick and convincing. Then Veronica basically can only kiss Archie because she has a toxic poison throughout her body. Archie is the only one immune. They kiss and it was fireworks. Veronica and Archie’s superpowers match perfectly too.

This could all be a parallel universe to begin with but regardless, Varchie and Bughead have foreshadowing of reunions even in this universe! Plus, it is so obvious Barchie sit around like siblings chewing up all this endless time. It’s deliberate. In the end, they’ll both realize we tried but we are better off as BFF because our hearts never left Jughead and Veronica. You do not have an episode like this one otherwise.

Now that it’s confirmed next season is the last there’s no way in hell based on this episode plus having a planned ending they are not returning to the original ships.

Quote:
Legacies still has episodes left, but the writers actually said they were warned it might be canceled and it wont end on a cliffhanger. I have a feeling its not gonna feel like a finale though.
Oh man, I hope you’re pleasantly surprised and you receive a somewhat satisfying conclusion to the series.

Quote:
In the Flight Attendant they had an episode at Santa Monica pier, that was cool, since I've been there.
Nice!

Quote:
I love Alexei!!! HIS DEATH
I loved him. His smile was so cute. His bickering with Hopper and bonding with Murray was so great. His moments with Joyce were good too. Why did he have to die? That was an awful moment too. His body was left there because they were being chased. So incredibly sad! He wanted to become an American citizen. I HATED the villain who killed him. I literally cheered when Hopper took him out. But Hopper… his expression to Joyce as she’s closing the gate. He survived, but still, Joyce doesn’t know this yet (let alone the audience officially) and it was so heartbreaking!

Typically as an empath I will collect some sympathy even for someone like Billy but I couldn’t. Obviously he had a bad deal with his father but it didn’t give him the right to abuse Max and act like a sociopath even before he literally gets possessed. All I can say about him is he did tell Max he was sorry and saved Eleven. Still. Good riddance. He will indirectly torment Max even more now because that apology will haunt Max.

Quote:
It was so obvious Hopper wasnt actually dead.
He’s definitely the American in the Russian prison. How he survived will be interesting. Since we saw those slight particles swirling around I thought maybe he slipped into the Upside Down but most likely he’s the American prisoner they referred to.

Quote:
I want more Steve and Jonathan moments!
Yes! What sucks is now they’re across the country from each other, at least temporarily. I definitely want Nancy and Robin moments. I thought there was a bit of foreshadowing the second Nancy asked who Robin was in the finale after Robin was babbling during Eleven’s horrific leg moment. Would love to see Nancy and Robin interact. They’re both super intellectually smart even if generally speaking they are different people. Bring on Steve/Jonathan and Nancy/Robin scenes!

Last edited by jediwands; 05-20-2022 at 08:13 AM
Old 05-20-2022, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Any links to their songs would be great.
This is probably their most known song

Old 05-20-2022, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
This is probably their most known song

Thanks for this! Never heard this before. I like the sound.
Old 05-21-2022, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks for this! Never heard this before. I like the sound.
No problem
Old 05-21-2022, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No problem
I’ll check out their other songs too.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Stranger Things 4

Wow, Netflix released the first 8 minutes or so of 4.1. Good stuff. No way El murdered the numbers.

Super long episodes in S4 which is such great news.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-21-2022 at 05:13 AM
Old 05-21-2022, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I’ll check out their other songs too.
Okay, great
Old 05-21-2022, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watch the first 8 minutes of 4.1 Stranger Things?
Old 05-21-2022, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not yet, it's not out yet?
Old 05-22-2022, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Not yet, it's not out yet?
It is. It was released the other day:

Last edited by jediwands; 05-22-2022 at 09:14 AM
Old 05-22-2022, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

You are making me want to catch up.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
You are making me want to catch up.
Stranger Things? Oh man, it’s so good. You should!

It’s so high quality. I cannot believe how I feel like I’m living the 80s again.

This song was in the finale of 2… blast from the past…

Last edited by jediwands; 05-22-2022 at 09:58 AM
Old 05-22-2022, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It is. It was released the other day:

Okay, didn't see it anything about it on Netflix
Old 05-23-2022, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, didn't see it anything about it on Netflix
I just found it on Twitter. What a way to start out the new season.

I got my sister to start watching and my nieces are rewatching with her which is great.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I don’t know if I explained that properly either. Lol. It was just the first eight minutes and change they released on Friday of the first episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread