Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

My avatar serves to remind us of how genuinely happy these two are when they're together. Some people may think that Madison doesn't care enough about Ephram, but I know it's gonna kill her *if* they break up. This show, specifically this couple, has turned me into a spoiler whore...The things we do for these two...

This page needs a pic...
Old 04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
New Fan

No joke Cand, the things we do for these two. But they're worth it, that is the TPTB don't mess it up, which I will NEVER forgive Berlanti for.

Made a new banner recently. Lyrics DC's "Carry this Picture for Luck"

Having mixed thoughts about Monday. The previews are killing me. Sarah crying? Looking very classy at it too. Very rare to find actresses that know how to cry and have it mean more. She is too talented [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!

BTW: Don't want to be nag, Nadia, but I was wondering if you were going to update your fic anytime soon.

Teresa

Jailbait #30
sleepymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Teresa, I LOVE the banner!!! It has made my little Jailbait heart fill with hope. Will have to add it to your collection on the first page [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
It's been really quiet here lately...I usually don't have to scroll down the page to find our thread. I am sure it'll be bumping after Monday, for sure. I'll come here and rant after, so I won't have to toss and turn and wait until Tuesday to do it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I watched UT at 1 a.m. today, and E/M's scene in the police station parking lot still affected me. Madison is seriously wrestling with her emotions as this is the first really serious relationship she's ever been in.
My theory is that it might be linked to her "first time" experience. Like, she knew that camp counselor dude forever and shared the most intimate part of herself with him...Oh! And remember when Andy asked her if she remembered her first love and how much it hurt when it ended? That must have been one bad breakup, because she'd obviously been trying to keep her relationships casual after that one. She even denied Jay being her boyfriend to Ephram, at first, "Jay's my friend" (not exact, but you know). No big deal when they broke up, right?
Her plan was probably to keep things with Ephram really light and not go overboard (as we've seen has happened since Ephram's in love with her now). It's scary for her because she doesn't want to go there again, I guess ("I'm not ready for that.") But if she wanted out, she would have broken up with him right there in the parking lot. She wanted to talk things out after the dust settled and try to work things out. I think Madison really loves him, but is afraid the world will implode if she admits it.

I really wish that we were given more of an opportunity to flesh her character out. Sarah is doing a spectacular job at playing the jaded Madison and I don't want her to have to leave if her and Ephram break up. It's easy for people to say that Madison is being selfish or whatever, but by watching closely and being overanalytical (as I am) one can clearly see that Maddy is more than meets the eye. I too felt like I wanted to hit her for not saying "I love you" back, but reality is not many people are comfortable saying those three little words.

OK, I went on a little longer than I need to [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hope you guys are having a great weekend! See you after the show Monday night.

ETA: Well, yeah, it didn't take me that long to come back, right? Anyway, I've been trying to think positive E/M thoughts and came up with some reasons we could add to our list:

*Because four afternoon makeout sessions in an ugly car weren't enough.
*Because this is not just some act of rebellion, Andy...
*Because they finally have a song.
*Because she can do stuff to cheer him up.
*Because the music prodigy and the rock goddess belong together.
*Because they make you get this goofy smile on your face. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Teresa's)

Dude, this is totally therapeutic! Later y'all.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited MissCongeniality ]
Old 04-04-2004, 11:32 AM
New Fan

Is it somewhat crazy to get totally nostalgic about Madiphram? Eh, I doubt my own sanity when it comes to these two.

New wp:

Dreading/Looking forward to Monday!
Teresa

Jailbait #30
Old 04-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Teresa, just beautiful! A recap of their times shared and their memories.

I am also dreading/looking forward to Monday. Looking forward because I finally get to see E/M and even though their angst is heart breaking, it's so real and moving. But, dreading because this is the beginning of the end and I'm trying to hold on as much as possible.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Teresa, great wp! In honor of Jailbait, this will now be my wallpaper...I could only keep up my Paris postcard for so long, right? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Your wp just inspired me to suggest a possible discussion topic...which might run out the rest of this thread, hopefully. What are your top three favorite Jailbait moments and why? Feel free to include quotes and pics. I'll be back with mine later.

Judy, ITA about trying to hold on to these two for as long as possible. EasyView will be on in 45 mins. here so this will be the umpteenth time that I'll watch UT. I must be nuts for putting myself through this again [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Dreading/looking forward to tomorrow as well,

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited MissCongeniality ]
Old 04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the comps Judy and Candace! Everyone on this board is always way sweet, which is more than I can say for some other boards.

Judy, I know exactly what you mean. We want to see JB have more moving scenes but there is the downside of the scenes leading toward Jb's demise. Which sucks.

Candace, love your idea. Problem is that I have way too many scenes. So here are my three scenes tied for first. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

1. Ephram's "I might not know everything about you but I do know some things" speech to Madison in BofT

What can I say? This speech made me fall in love with Greg. I absolutely adore the writing and give serious props to Pogue and Mimoun. I love the half-a**ed way Madison tries to distance herself from Ephram. You can tell her heart's not in it. I adore the way Greg's eyes lock onto Sarah's and he makes the smallest voice inflections that convey emotion through sublety. The speech is wonderful. Nadia posted it on the first page but I will reiterate it just because I have used it constantly in fanart. Not exactly word for word, but...

Madison: Ephram, you don't even know me.
Ephram: I might not know everything about you, but I do know some things. I know that you're the only person who makes my little sister feel it's okay to be a girl. I know how you feel when you sing because that's how I feel when I play. I know that all you really want from this Jay guy is for him to get you and he never will because all he's interested in getting is himself. But most of all I know, that ever since I kissed you at the DMV, every time I've seen you I've wanted to kiss you again. *voice trails off to a whisper* And I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that, you have too. *voice cracks slightly* [kisses her]. Thought so.

What can I say? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Greg and Sarah rocked this scene! I love how they have Sarah get completely absorbed in the speech and you can just see her character is completely touched and agrees completely. And the kiss is FANTASTIC! Sarah also does a great job of pulling away slightly but hesitantly so you can sense the underlying fear she has about the whole thing but also that she really wants it too. Also love TPTB for having Greg walk away confidently and Madison staring after him confused and biting her bottom lip.

2. The Porch Swing Scene in JLTIM

Adore this scene also. Sarah and Greg really play off each other well, you can feel the tension but also the friendly comraderie between their characters. Highlights are the way Ephram tries in vain to put up his assured and confident front and how Madison sees right through it, having the song they arranged together playing in the background, the lighting, and more. Sarah does excellent in this scene as Madison trying to get Ephram. She also uses slight voice inflections to convery through subletly. Its all in the eyes! I love the writing in this scene, especially her speech. This kiss is also great in this scence.

3. The Point/ Jailbait's First Time.

Wonderfully romantic. They came off a really embarassing experience and made it fantastic. I love Madison trying to find a song for them. I love the way Ephram tries to lighten the situation by making fun of himself. The scene is hot of course, but not in a ****ty bad soap kind of way. You can tell Ephram adores Madison and the kiss was more than just a kiss (which doesn't make any sense, I know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). I love the song choice too. I wish they'd get together in real life, Greg and Sarah make such a cute couple.

I really can't decide between the three, so consider them to be tied for first.

Everyone's probably doubting my sanity right now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Keep the faith,
Teresa

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited sleepymd ]

Jailbait #30
Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nice observations there, Teresa. I've been MIA since Friday, my best friend flew to my city and I had to take her out on the town for ALL of the weekend. LOL! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We had a great time, I haven't had the chance to work on my fic. Have to fear, I will get back to it.

Nadia
Old 04-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Before I go to bed, I just want to add... and I know this may sound odd to some people, but tonight's Jailbait (Btw, we're totally OFFICIAL. JAILBAIT has been officially used on Everwood. LOL!) had me happy and in tears.

I really like Mindy. The actress was very natural and not-so-over-the-top like a certain roomate of Madison's *coughs* Carrie *coughs*

Their damn break-up was so freakin beautiful, it's just so wrong to think so but it was so amazingly done that I just can't help but feel so wrapped up in this romance. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Tonight's episode, I think, has been one of Jailbait's finest from start to finish. And I am so happy that we got to see a little more of Madison's POV. I hate Sarah Lancaster for imbuing Madison with so much emotion and tears. Ugh!

"I didn't want to open it without you" - Madison saying to Ephram after waiting for him by his piano the morning after her birthday. She's holding his gift. How poignant was it for Madison to wait by the second love of his life. His piano. That makes what the upcoming scene even more saddening.

Ephram: You want to go first, or should I?
Madison: No I will... I can't...
Ephram: Well, atleast we tried. In the end of the day, we really tried.
Madison: I know... I just wished that there's something that I can change or that we can change. I mean, if there's anything we could actually do to save this thing I'd do that... in a heartbeat you know that, right?
Ephram: [Sarcastically] If my parents had sex for years earlier... damn them
Madison: You're the most amazing guy, Ephram
Ephram: Please, none of that. Please
Madison: I have to...
Ephram: [Softly] No
Madison: There's a part of me that did... fall, really truly fall. And I know you didn't feel it and I'm sorry that you didn't, but, it was there and I need you to know that and believe it. [Hands him the gift he gave her] Here
Ephram: [Stops her] No, for you
Madison: I can't. I know that if I open this it's gonna be perfect. It's just gonna make me sadder cuz, you're so perfect. So... I can't. [Gives back the gift]

God! I've got more to say, but sleep calls. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Write more tommorrow.

Nadia
Old 04-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Even just reading that gets me teary eyed. I can't watch this, I can't watch them break up. I won't be able to handle it. God, Ephram and Madison have made Everwood for me. They've gotten me enthralled and even obsessed with their beautiful relationship. I never expected it, I thought their relationship would be all in good fun, I was just along for the ride. But, they grew to be so much more. Two people who everyone thought were wrong for each other but fit together so perfectly.

So, is it really over? Is there any hope whatsoever for them?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:16 PM
New Fan

Allright, I was all ready to start slamming Berlanti and the rest of TPTB but then I saw the sneak peek. And.....THERE'S STILL HOPE!!

But, lemme start at the beginning. The E and M magic started out great, I love how Sarah and Greg played the kitchen scene. All the scenes were great. I love E's interaction with Mindy. Very sweet, and slightly neurotic. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The breakup freakin' broke my heart. Nadia, you are absolutely correct, it was painstakingly beautiful. This is really going to make me sound like an idiot, but the tears just started to flow. And I'm not even one of those emotional types, I didn't even cry during Old Yeller FGS!

Aside: Andy/Nina scenes were great. I even started to like Amy again. Bright was excellent.

Anyways, so I'm staring at the TV in total despair, because this is MY ship we are talking about. Then, I see the previews and what do I see? Well, Sarah looks gorgeous of course. But beside that, Sarah is still there, which indicates TPTB and the world are not against me. I was seriously doubting that because of today's DST debacle. Madison uses the word LOVE to describe Jailbait. Hah! *coughs* Shows Amy *coughs* So looking forward to next week! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] *laughs maniacally in glee*

BTW- Nadia, I'm glad you noticed that too. At first I was like WTH just happened? The thread made national televsion and international (kinda). Of course, they didn't say us per se, but....

Everyone should write letters of appy to the WB if they have the time. Encourage them to keep our ship b/c all that is on the WB site is Ephramy propaganda.

Loving life right now,
Teresa

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited sleepymd ]

Jailbait #30
Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

OK, I have a film theory exam to cram for but I definitely have to get this off my chest now. This was an incredible episode (even though I was spoiled for it). I didn't see the breakup being so beautiful...I want to cry now just thinking about it.
My mind is in a fog over it all but Greg and Sarah did a great job!

I really wanted Madison to say that she loved him back, but I think that what she said was enough. Loved the Jailbait shout-out...been waiting for weeks to gush over that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Madison: There's something good here and I think it's worth saving. (Not sure if that was word-for-word correct, but I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]'d it!)

I'm happy that Madison isn't going anywhere, but I had a little problem with the previews when Ephram said that they were never really friends...um, hello, did he totally forget Thanksgiving? I'm just glad that Madison said that they were in love. About time!
Of course, the only pics available are from the heartbreaking scene:

My thoughts haven't been completely organized...well not properly anyway. Will rant more tomorrow and post my top three. Goodnight, y'all.

Keep hope alive,
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Still not in bed... Argh!

Anyway, I also noticed, quite happily, that Madison never opened Ephram's gift. Now, I simply love how they left the possibilities open like that. Whether we see it next week or next (a long time), it adds a layer of mystery in their already turmulous (in the most exciting way) relationship.

Terp ~ Don't be afraid, it was a great Jailbait episode.

Sarah and Greg gotta stop looking beautiful in scenes together, it's really making it harder for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, btw, I'm still working on my fic. I've been suddenly hit by a wave of inspiration. Ahhhh... I loved Unfinished Business. Oh, and did they have nookie after they made up in the kitchen scene. Oh, I think so too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] *wink wink* Hehehe

Nadia
Old 04-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

I would like to think that some make-up sex occured too [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I mean, how could it not, right?
Looking forward to seeing these two try to reestablish "a professional relationship" LOL! Good luck with that one guys...I'm hoping this turns out funny, because otherwise it would be torture.

There are so many reasons for these two that I could draw from this one episode, it's insane...Oh yeah, why am I still on here? Someone please shoo me out... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No, seriously.

Teresa, I agree that we should probably bombard the network to keep them together. I was only watching because of these two, and alot of others were too. They're going to feel it in the ratings...I just know it.

OK, bye [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] finally
Old 04-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I started watching this show basically for the 2 new relationsships... and they both happened to end tonight... grrr lol. but i agree with what you all said about how great Ephram and Madison are togther... and next week looks nice too.

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
CreekFreak2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread