Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, see, I really wasn't thread stalking. I didn't know that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I am totally admiring your staying power.
We're going for the Guinness book of records for longest stay in the Hot Seat. Hopefully, anyway, because Taryn has been really interesting and fun. Plus, nobody else wants to go.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahhh, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADIAN ICE DANCER!!!

1. Who buys the gifts/cards in the family, you or your husband? Usually me. Sometimes I'll enlist hubby's help if the gift we've got in mind is something that he's more familiar with and will do a better job selecting. Stuff like electronics, bicycles, Star Wars themed toys.

2. What's the most memorable gift that you've given someone else? It wasn't a bday gift, but one year for Christmas I got hubby a leg lamp. That was so much fun. At the time I couldn't afford to get a full sized one, even though I REALLY wanted to, so I got a small one. The first Christmas after we build a house I'm gonna give him a full sized, authentic replica leg lamp to go in the game room. I'm laughing just looking at the website.

What color is dominant in your wardrobe? Jewel tones - deep reds, blues, greens. Also love black, orange, and chocolate brown.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Ooohhh! A colorful person! That rocks, Taryn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
We're going for the Guinness book of records for longest stay in the Hot Seat.
Hee, that makes sense. I hope the seat is not too hot.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

Hey put me in line for the hot seat...I assume there's a line? lol

Sorry if this has been asked already but I havent been here so I have no clue
Favorite vacation ever?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I think there's a line now cowgirl, with, um, you in it.

Favorite vacation ever? Oh this is an EASY one. The year that Nathan was turning two and Dana was turning four, we went and spent most of a week at Holly Beach (on the Louisiana gulf coast) with our friends who live in the area. It was not at all crowded, there was a little store a couple of blocks away that sold mixed drinks out of those slushie machines and we didn't have anything to do all day every day except hang out and talk and laugh and cook on the grill. It was FABULOUS.

A sad note though, Hurricane Katrina completely wiped out Holly Beach. Hubby and Nathan went to revisit it last summer on their way to Houston and I just cried at the pictures he brought back. There's nothing there. Nothing at all.

Second favorite vacation would be the half week we spent in Glen Rose, TX a couple of years ago. We stayed in a great place, and had a lot of fun visiting Dino World and the Creation Evidence Museum, and walking around in the river looking at dinosaur tracks. There was a lovely small town cafe there that was so good we ate all of our lunches there, and I think I got a side of their broccoli cornbread every time. There was a part of the river down the road from where we were staying that was great for swimming, and the whole area was just so peaceful and relaxing.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're going to rename the thread: The Taryn Hot Seat. You can stay permanently if you'd like.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I think there's a line now cowgirl, with, um, you in it.

Haha well I guess if you ever get tired Ill go otherwise its all yours .

Quote:
Second favorite vacation would be the half week we spent in Glen Rose, TX a couple of years ago. We stayed in a great place, and had a lot of fun visiting Dino World and the Creation Evidence Museum, and walking around in the river looking at dinosaur tracks. There was a lovely small town cafe there that was so good we ate all of our lunches there, and I think I got a side of their broccoli cornbread every time. There was a part of the river down the road from where we were staying that was great for swimming, and the whole area was just so peaceful and relaxing
No way! Where are you from? I go to Glen Rose all the time well atleast I used to when I was in high school for rodeos,basketball, and other sporting events, they were in our district. That little park is soooo neat I remember my bro getting pecked by an ostrich through the car window lol
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
No way! Where are you from? I go to Glen Rose all the time well atleast I used to when I was in high school for rodeos,basketball, and other sporting events, they were in our district. That little park is soooo neat I remember my bro getting pecked by an ostrich through the car window lol
OH how could I forget about the drive thru ...zoo or whatever they called it? That was SO much fun! There were these big antelope type creatures that were so obnoxious, we almost had to run them over to get past them. I have video of one licking the car window as we were trying to get it to move. We also had a ram try to butt heads with the front of the car.

I'm from central Arkansas. We stayed in Popejoy Haus when we went there, and I can't remember what the name of the diner was but it was in the town square because we walked over and took pictures of some stuff after eating one day, maybe the old courthouse or something? I need to go back thru my vacation pictures again.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
OH how could I forget about the drive thru ...zoo or whatever they called it? That was SO much fun! There were these big antelope type creatures that were so obnoxious, we almost had to run them over to get past them. I have video of one licking the car window as we were trying to get it to move. We also had a ram try to butt heads with the front of the car.

I'm from central Arkansas. We stayed in Popejoy Haus when we went there, and I can't remember what the name of the diner was but it was in the town square because we walked over and took pictures of some stuff after eating one day, maybe the old courthouse or something? I need to go back thru my vacation pictures again.
Haha Yeah that place is awesome. The town isnt that big but it has a nuclear power plant there which is where its wealth comes from. I love it though dont know if you saw the expo center(arena) there but yeah I spent a lot of time there with barrel races and such.

Thats crazy that youve been there what made yall decide to go to Glen Rose? And I doubt this but did ya happen to drive through a town called Comanche?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

1. Have you ever been ice skating?
2. If so, were you better than Ephram? If not, do you think you would be better?
3. Favourite guilty pleasure movie?
4. Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who have you met?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Addicted Fan

I have no idea if we drove thru Comanche, I don't drive in areas I'm not familiar with so I don't always pay attention to where we are. Hubby says he doesn't remember, he knows we drove thru a town called Waxahache (I'm butchering the spelling I'm sure). We went there because our boys are very into dinosaurs, so Dino World was a big attraction for us, and the Creation Evidence Museum had some really neat displays that I wanted to see in person.

1. Have you ever been ice skating? Nooooo.

2. If so, were you better than Ephram? If not, do you think you would be better? I doubt very seriously I'd even be able to stand up long enough to get out on the ice. The last time I tried to go roller skating it was a nightmare, and that was in the traditional 4-wheeled skates.

3. Favourite guilty pleasure movie? MST3K's The Legend of Boggy Creek II. I could watch it with or without the commentary. It's so horrible it's fabulous.

4. Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who have you met? Not really a "celebrity" but Bill Clinton came to our small town before he was president. I don't remember if I spoke with him face to face or not. I was in like 7th grade and the entire high school had an impromptu Q&A session with him when we realized he was right across the road from the school. (Our school was so small that "high school" was grades 7 - 12.)
Old 09-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

1. You play any sports growing up or currently?

2. Chocolate strawberries or turtle cheesecake?

Quote:
I have no idea if we drove thru Comanche, I don't drive in areas I'm not familiar with so I don't always pay attention to where we are. Hubby says he doesn't remember, he knows we drove thru a town called Waxahache (I'm butchering the spelling I'm sure). We went there because our boys are very into dinosaurs, so Dino World was a big attraction for us, and the Creation Evidence Museum had some really neat displays that I wanted to see in person.

Haha okay yeah i doubt yall did because comanche is a little west of glen rose so unless yall continued on farther west after there then I doubt ya did. My cousins are from Waxahauche though . Glad yall enjoyed your trip!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

!. What's your favorite stuff to put on a sandwich?
2. Mustard, ketchup, or Mayo?
3. Is there any food that you detest?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Addicted Fan

1. You play any sports growing up or currently? I took gymnastics as a kid, absolutely loved it. Other than that, no. When we had to play basketball in P.E. the coach finally gave up and told me if somebody passed me the ball, to dribble it once and pass it right back to them. I never could "get" what I was supposed to be doing.

2. Chocolate strawberries or turtle cheesecake? Hmmmm, both sound fabulous right now. That kind of thing just depends on my mood at the time.

1. What's your favorite stuff to put on a sandwich? Depends on the sandwich. Right now my favorite is a grilled thinly sliced roast beef and provolone cheese on sourdough bread, so I like spinach, thinly sliced red onion, and mayo on that.

2. Mustard, ketchup, or Mayo? All of the above. Not a huge fan of ketchup but I sometimes like it with my fries or on a hot dog.

3. Is there any food that you detest? Oh there's lots of foods that I detest. Most seafood, especially shellfish. When we went on vacation to Holly Beach our cajun friends had brought a big styrofoam cooler filled with shrimp on ice, it started leaking and made the cabin smell all shrimpy. I could barely go in there without gagging until they got it all cleaned up. I also have to avoid the seafood counter at the grocery store, the whole area stinks.

Also don't really care for cantaloupe, raspberries, raw tomatoes, or iceberg lettuce. Tuna and noodle casserole has never looked the least bit appealing to me. There's other stuff but that's all I can think of right now.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

1. How long do you think you could last as a vegetarian?
2. Have you ever considered being one?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread