Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Ooh, is he a blusher?

Heh, he's too dark complected to really blush, but he'd sure shake his head in a "Aw, come on" kind of way.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Addicted Fan

I have an answer. I can't possibly pick The Greatest American of all time, that's absolutely impossible. But since the ninth anniversary of 9/11 is approaching, I am going to honor the heroes of Flight 93.

The manner in which a person faces certain death speaks volumes to me about their character, and these people - ordinary people - used their imminent death to save others' lives. I can't even find the words to express how that makes me feel, so I'll stop trying.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I have an answer. I can't possibly pick The Greatest American of all time, that's absolutely impossible. But since the ninth anniversary of 9/11 is approaching, I am going to honor the heroes of Flight 93.

The manner in which a person faces certain death speaks volumes to me about their character, and these people - ordinary people - used their imminent death to save others' lives. I can't even find the words to express how that makes me feel, so I'll stop trying.
I can't agree with you more, Taryn. The bravery of those passengers was unbelievable.
I would also include as great Americans the men who worked at the World Trade center site after the tragedy digging and digging around the clock to search for survivors/bodies...not thinking about what breathing all of the toxic dust would do to them. Today, so many of them have cancer or other related lung problems.
These people were selfless.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, great choices, Taryn and Betty. It's amazing what both groups did as a collective whole in the face of a tragedy.

It does not feel like 9 years ago, does it?

I don't think that counts as a hot seat question, by the way, just a possibly-rhetorical one.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Totally agree with your comment, Betty.

Hubby and I went to a Blue Man Group concert a few years ago and they did THE MOST POIGNANT tribute to 9/11. They had a video montage of burnt scraps of paper that were found around the scene in the days following 9/11. Just little pieces of everyday life - notes, memos, bits of work calendars, a phone number jotted on a notepad, stuff like that. I don't even remember if it was set to music or if it was silent. It was so incredibly moving. (I must admit I'm glad there was no child's drawings or "I love you mommy!" notes or anything like that because I SERIOUSLY would have lost it right there in the arena.)
Old 09-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Totally agree with your comment, Betty.

Hubby and I went to a Blue Man Group concert a few years ago and they did THE MOST POIGNANT tribute to 9/11. They had a video montage of burnt scraps of paper that were found around the scene in the days following 9/11. Just little pieces of everyday life - notes, memos, bits of work calendars, a phone number jotted on a notepad, stuff like that. I don't even remember if it was set to music or if it was silent. It was so incredibly moving. (I must admit I'm glad there was no child's drawings or "I love you mommy!" notes or anything like that because I SERIOUSLY would have lost it right there in the arena.)
Awww, that's amazing. I think I would have lost it with or without anything from a child, but I definitely understand how that would have made you lose it even more. Hmm.

1. What do you typically do for your birthday?
2. What do your kids do typically for their birthdays nowadays?
3. Favourite birthday ever?

Theme questions again.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Continuing the theme:

4. What would be your favorite type of birthday cake?
5. Who would you want to pop out of your cake (besides Hubby).
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Addicted Fan

1. What do you typically do for your birthday? Have a special meal and cake. Open any gifts that hubby and/or the kids may have gotten me.

2. What do your kids do typically for their birthdays nowadays? So far we always just have their favorite meal, with cake and ice cream. We fill the living room up with balloons, and have a bubble machine going (when we have one that's not broken, anyway). We may start doing like a bowling party with a couple of friends this year though. Once we have a real house we'll let them have friends over for a sleepover.

3. Favourite birthday ever? This year's birthday. One of hubby's friends that he worked with has a small catering business on the side, hubby had him do up some incredible lasagna and garlic bread and salad and strawberry cake and brought it all home in insulated boxes so it was still warm (or cold, depending on what it was LOL). It was SOOOOOO delicious.

4. What would be your favorite type of birthday cake? Cheesecake, but I usually do a devil's food with cream cheese icing and serve it with vanilla ice cream so the kids are happy. I do make hubby a cheesecake for his birthday though.

5. Who would you want to pop out of your cake (besides Hubby). Ummm, I guess my best friend from GA that I have never met in person. That would be a great surprise!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

That's quite a birthday theme. Were you FF-thread-stalking me today, 'Tos? Heh. Or did I miss someone's birthday here...?

Um, I should probably ask something.

6. Most memorable birthday gift as a child? As an adult?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Is it your bday, Thief? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! If not, then hang onto that thought until it is.

6. Most memorable birthday gift as a child? As an adult? Oy. Aside from the meal that I mentioned above, I honestly right now can't remember the specifics on anything I was given on my birthday. *blush* I know hubby has given me DVDs and CDs and books over the years, but it's hard to remember exactly what they were. I don't remember a lot of specifics about my childhood at all.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Heh, no, mine was in June. It's someone else's related to another thread I frequent on FF.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not 'Tos or Thief's birthday. Whose birthday is it?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Hee, no thread stalking. Today, anyway. Birthday theme was just me being random.

1. Who buys the gifts/cards in the family, you or your husband?
2. What's the most memorable gift that you've given someone else?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey! I just wanted to say that I love your answers, Taryn, at least all that I read, I think I missed some, you're so fast... I am totally admiring your staying power.

I'm not very creative with such questions, so I just have one...

What color is dominant in your wardrobe?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

It's not another poster's birthday, Betty. A Canadian ice dancer's, heh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread