Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Michelle, that was an incredible post, and I completely agree with you.
Thanks Jerry.

To see their relationship unfold and gradually get stronger and stronger is just an incredible thing to see. As each episode has moved along this season, I have seen them growing closer and closer. It is pure joy to watch this outstanding couple.

Quote:
We all used to love Dawson and Joey, or Pacey and Joey, or in my case, I loved both of these couples at different times for different reasons, but Ephram and Amy are the most amazing couple that I’ve ever seen on television, and I love watching any scene that they have together.
This is EXACTLY how I feel, Jerry. Hands down and without question, Ephram and Amy are definitely the most amazing couple I have ever seen on television.

dawnie.. What I was trying to say is the writers have inferred to us that E/A are doing lots and lots of making out, but the audience hasn't seen it. Even through Ephram's own words such as in "Shoot The Moon" whenever he thought Amy was at his door, and he thought she was coming over for another one of their make up/make-out sessions..

See, the thing is, E/A ARE NOT going from holding hands and mildy kissing to jumping into having sex because it has been inferred and well known to the audience that they ARE doing tons of making out, it's just that we, the audience, haven't seen it. So, they aren't going from one extreme to the next, because there definitely IS an in between. So, there certainly has been a leading up to the sex but like I said, we haven't seen it on the screen, only been informed of it.

But, I do hear what you're saying in that it would be good to SEE a scene where they are in the sexual tension mode of ultimately finding it impossible to abstain from going all the way and sleeping together. Maybe they will show this early in the next episode. Maybe not. Either way, I feel confident in what the writers have given us because I love the inferences all the same.

But Everwood loves the less is more type of scenario and more times than not, you have to read between the lines..

For instance, did anyone else notice the subtle sexual remarks Amy made to Ephram in the last episode? They were so there..

Ephram: I think I made a mistake.
Amy: God forbid, where's my paddle?

Amy: I didn't really get any of that, but, it was kinda hot.

Amy: Ah, well, you're useless to me when you're thinking piano anyways.. (kisses him on the head) Work hard genius."

That was a DEFINITE change in dialogue between the two. Amy especially. In the past, we have seen the flirty/cute banter but in this past episode, it has now transformed into a more intimate/sexual tone..

Again, it's all about the subtle moments and hints that the writers give us. That's what I love about Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-18-2004 at 10:29 PM
Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Jay
Master Fan

it sounds like the promo looks amazing. here in canada...we don't get promos.

off to check WB site...
Old 11-20-2004, 01:32 AM
New Fan

hi!!! i know that i never post in this thread but i am a fan of amy and ephram and i'm looking clips of amyand ephram. someone could tell me where i could find
Old 11-20-2004, 01:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10
it sounds like the promo looks amazing. here in canada...we don't get promos.

off to check WB site...
You don't? I do! And i'm from Canada....
I watch everwood on FOX44 and they got this "The WB time" everynight, airing WB shows so we get promos after the episode.

Icon by me
Old 11-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Jay
Master Fan

despite their young age...i really hope Greenie have sex. i mean not from a dirty perspective...but i want Amy's first time to be with Ephram. it be all innocent and lovely.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope they do too, like and it be all innocent, not like madiphram...those were bad times..lol
Old 11-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

The sex thing is a tricky topic. On the one hand, I think it would be nice if Amy's first was Ephram. I think that he really does love her, and he'd be gentle and caring and do everything in his power to make her first time special.

That being said, I'm also wary of what they did with Madison/Ephram. It was right after the episode that the two of them had sex when all the break-up indicators started flying around. Sure, you could argue that their relationship was doomed from the start, but after the 'sex episode' it became immediately apparent that M/E had a limited time left.

I'm not comparing E/A to Madison though. I think that their relationship is completely different, and I think that the feelings are deeper (and actually mutual). I'm just afraid that the writers will find some way to use this (and the Madison time bomb) to break up Ephramy.

Hopefully my neurotic ramblings are for nothing. Maybe this is the one couple on television that I like (besides Monica and Chandler), that will actually stay together.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow
... that I like that will actually stay together.
i feel the same way
Old 11-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I totally agree The Crow. You just know that with the Madison pregnancy looming over our heads like the irritating dark cloud that it is, things will eventually have to get rocky for E/A. You can almost "sense" it just based on how we know things are progressing along. Because we have the Madison pregnancy AND the Princeton application also waiting to explode. Also, you're right, outside of C/M on Friends, there are barely any couples that stay together throughout without a break up here and there.

Having said this, I am still happy that it looks like they sleep together, mainly because I think it is the right time for them, and I also think once these bombs explode, they won't be thinking too much about intimacy stuff then, so I guess we should just enjoy the nice and peaceful stuff will it lasts. Sad be true.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I really have to agree with the statement that it's a good thign that E/A aren't making out every five seconds. It really is unrealistic that way. I also hope they do sleep together before the whole Madison thing comes out, because if they don't then they might never or it will be ruined, at least this way it's pure and innocent and there isn't a lot of crappy buildup story line about gaining trust back to go into the plot.
-maria
Old 11-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Maria, I agree with everything you just said. My thoughts exactly.

I can't wait for tomorrow night! Greg/Emily are going to be amazing, as usual. I think the intensity of the storyline is only going to further demonstrate how insanely talented they both are.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Maria
I really have to agree with the statement that it's a good thign that E/A aren't making out every five seconds. It really is unrealistic that way.
I have to agree that it's good that they are not some ****ty couple making out all the time. But how is it unrealistic? I mean, as Wilpen pointed out, they are! We just don't see them. (which I think is important for the audience to really get the sexual tension BEFORE having them sleep together, but I won't complain until tomorow and wait to see if they have one early in the episode)
But the point is, yeah, it's realistic that two hormonal 17 years old make out...It's very very realistic.

Icon by me
Old 11-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My guess is we'll see a tension filled scene early in the episode. I do agree, dawnie, even though they are doing tons of off the screen making out, we haven't seen them hot and into it yet, and for the most part, that is okay by me, but it would be nice to see one of those scenes before they actually sleep together. It will be interesting to see how this episode tomorrow plays out. I am really looking forward to seeing it.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree Wilpen. I Can't wait for tonight.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks COOLCAT. I am so excited for the episode tonight! Not long now!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread