Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by COOLCAT200
How about those previews for next week? It kind of reminded me of the Dawson/Joey previews for the season 6 opener. Destined to be more then friends. I love it. Let's just hope the end result is not the same. I can't wait for next week.
Totally COOLCAT! Those previews had my heart beating so fast, I thought I needed a tranquilizer! I loved, and I mean, LOVED, how they introduced what the episode is going to be about..

First off, Amy saying.. "So, why haven't you tried to have sex with me yet?" was so adorably funny! Here's Ephram.. But I can guarantee a very HAPPY, shocked Ephram.

But I love how they went back to the beginning...

"From the moment they met, they were destined to be more than friends.. now the most important night in their life..."

And they show the first time they met in the pilot..

And the tears from Amy, and the realness of what she says.. OMG, I can tell you right now that the insanely talented Emily VanCamp and Greg Smith are going to be OUTSTANDING in next week's episode. I have this powerful feeling that we are going to be AMAZED by next week's episode. I can't wait!

You can tell just from how the preview is worded and introduced that E/A are very much loved by the WB and Berlanti and that's so refreshing to see. Also, E/A are all about the storybook lovestory and very happy ending. I have faith that their story is so special and like no other, and E/A fans will be VERY happy with the final result of E/A at the series end. If these two don't get the happy ending, then noone deserves to. LOL
Old 11-16-2004, 04:00 AM
Addicted Fan

I just looooved how she was wearing the necklace! and the playing of the hair...and the kiss to the hair...and EVERYTHING!

Old 11-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

I had to work late tonight, so I haven't seen the show yet. Wilpen, I wanted to let you know I pm'ed you.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

The first thing I said when the first E/A scene started was "She's wearing the necklace!" Actually, I yelped it and poked my sister until she slapped me, but that's beside the point. I don't know why that excited me so much, because I'd have been disappointed if she hadn't been wearing it...

Anyhoo, there were a couple of nice Greenie moments in this episode. I do believe my favorite scene was the one when Ephram had his head in Amy's lap. Just the realness of that scene...Ephram venting while Amy listened and played with his hair...everything about it just conveyed a sense that this was just a slice of these characters' lives, and we just happened to be there to witness it.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow
The first thing I said when the first E/A scene started was "She's wearing the necklace!" Actually, I yelped it and poked my sister until she slapped me, but that's beside the point.

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will have to pry the necklace away from Amy's neck. She probably even has a difficult time taking it off at night while sleeping. LOL Yes, I see her wearing that necklace on a very constant basis to my immense satisfaction. I also love that she is wearing it next week. How special will that be?

Quote:
I do believe my favorite scene was the one when Ephram had his head in Amy's lap. Just the realness of that scene...Ephram venting while Amy listened and played with his hair...everything about it just conveyed a sense that this was just a slice of these characters' lives, and we just happened to be there to witness it.
Totally The Crow. The realness of that scene was almost overwhelming. To watch how Amy intently and passionately listened to Ephram and her eyes said it all. She has so much love for this guy and she knew what he needed. She listened as she stroked his hair. Even right before Ephram put his head in her lap, I loved how they were sitting closely next to each other and Amy was gazing up at him and listening to every, single word he was saying. I could feel the heat between these two just based on their expressions and connection that I felt was going on. They are so in sync with each other. Their dynamic and passion for each other is like no other couple I have ever seen. They don't need to be making out on a non-stop basis like a typical teen soap would show.. (Even though we know they have given us hints and clues that they do tons of kissing) But, nope. E/A are way too real and substance filled to have to be sucking face all the time. The emotional connection that these two have, I have never seen with any tv couple, ever. Of course, next week, we will be seeing BOTH the emotional and physical side to this dynamic couple all wrapped up in one.

I don't think I have ever watched a couple on tv where I am hanging on their every word, eating up the intense chemistry, and just being completely taken in by how captivating they are as I am with E/A. I just LOVE THEM.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-16-2004 at 04:50 PM
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

It's funny when the previews happened I forgot about the episode I just watched lol.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL COOLCAT. The previews are amazing. The part whenever Amy is crying and Ephram is softly asking her.. "Why are you crying?" absolutely tugged at my heart.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Administrator

One thing that I really love about Ephram and Amy is how comfortable they are around each other, and they also have a lot of humor between them. One part that was really funny in last night’s episode was when Amy said “My father still cries when I beat him at tennis,” and Ephram said “Really?” and Amy said “No,” and he smiled. I really like that they have an easygoing and mellow relationship, and they really mesh well together.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

They really do, Jerry.

Also, the intimacy between the two is absolutely phenomenal. I have never seen better. The little things.. the lingering gestures, the dead on perfect timing of eye contact, the inflections.. the changes in their voices to suite this intimacy, completely blows me away. I am astounded by how Greg/Emily do this. I have never seen anything close to it. They are the perfect definition of chemistry.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I really liked the laying in Amy's lap thing.
It seems everytime Ephram got something wrong in his life, we have a scene of him telling him to Amy and her comforting him. They are really represented as the pillar in each other lifes. I like it!

It's weird though that we have the "sex" episode next week and we haven't even got a make-out scene yet. We'll probably have one next week.

Icon by me

Last edited by dawnie@; 11-17-2004 at 02:31 PM
Old 11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's definitely inferred that they do lots of kissing. But you know what? it doesn't bother me that we aren't seeing them sucking face all the time. Everwood is much different than a typical teen soap such as OTH. Seriously, if E/A were on OTH, they would have slept together mulitple times by now, cheated on each other, and could have been married at this point! My point is, this show is different and unique from other teen soaps. They rather show us more substance and incredible acting between G/E as E/A than watching them making out all the time and I love that about this show. Also, Greg and Emily certainly do not have to have their characters making out all the time to prove how much their characters love each other. It is even more powerful to see the substance and added extras to this beautiful lovestory.

In that scene where Ephram is laying in Amy's lap and she is stroking and playing with his hair.. that showed me more about how in love with each other they are instead of watching them start to kiss each other. That scene was passionate, real and purely amazing. Or how Amy was leaned up close to Ephram as she was gazing up at him with admiration, love, listening to his every word, and having even her voice sing out how much she loves him just based on her tone.. That, to me communicates something beyond special, rare and something you NEVER see on tv.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

wilpen, I tried pm'ing you. My box is too full. I wanted to let you know I made more funcaps. thanks

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks hshapir.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Michelle, that was an incredible post, and I completely agree with you. We don't need to see Ephram and Amy making out to show us they're in love, because every little subtle and intimate gesture between them shows us that in spades. They have such an incredibly sweet and loving relationship, and it's the little things that make me love them as a couple, so I don't need to see them sucking face or making melodramatic declarations of love, and it's so refreshing to see a young couple be happy together.

We all used to love Dawson and Joey, or Pacey and Joey, or in my case, I loved both of these couples at different times for different reasons, but Ephram and Amy are the most amazing couple that I’ve ever seen on television, and I love watching any scene that they have together.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Well...I didn't say I wanted it to be like OTH!
I just think that, yes Amy and Ephram are a lot more then just two kids making out and they proved that to us. But it's also realistic to imagine that a couple of two 17 years old teen do make out once in a while. Even though their relationship is not based on it, it sure happens.
That being said, I wasn't talking about the relationship, but the sex. Sex and love. Two different things. Yes, sex going hand in hand with love is a lot better. But it's still two different things. The fact that Amy and Ephram are shown so in love and for the right reasons, doesn't mean they are ready to have sex. To show that they are comfortable with each other bodies, and therefore, ready to take the next step, yes, I do believe at least one sex related scene should have been shown.
I never said anything about making their couple all about sex. But this whole ideal of couples stepping from holding hands to having sex is often use in tv shows and I would have hoped Everwood would not do the same thing. It's completly un-realistic. Again, as I said, they might introduce that in the next episode. If they don't want to show it directly on-screen, it's a choice, but we should at least have a hint that they are going towards that moment. That they are sexually compatible.
I'm sure they are, I just thought it'd be important to show that (or say it) before they jump to "hey, let's have sex!"

Icon by me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread