Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2022, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
The timing was so difficult. Now, if she would have been with Ellen her career probably would have taken off even more as a result of her relationship with a woman. I guess thinking of it in this manner proves something as natural as sexuality has evolved. Even Republicans have different thoughts on this because they are off ripping the trans community instead. Another evil thing they are doing but pointing this out to show that we have come a long way but unfortunately she was affected by when that all happened. Now it is almost an added extra to make you even more appealing which is crazy to think about. Sexuality shouldn't matter no matter what. So weird that it did in the past.

I have always thought she was a tremendous actress. I loved her in the movie she did with Harrison Ford, Six Days, Seven Nights.
I think that things have improved, but we're not where we should be yet. I do feel that progress has been made in the 24 years since the news of Anne's relationship with Ellen came out, but like you said Michelle, the Republicans have stifled at least some of the progress that's been made. I completely agree that Sexuality shouldn't matter no matter what.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think that things have improved, but we're not where we should be yet. I do feel that progress has been made in the 24 years since the news of Anne's relationship with Ellen came out, but like you said Michelle, the Republicans have stifled at least some of the progress that's been made. I completely agree that Sexuality shouldn't matter no matter what.
Definitely night and day since then. I have realized just based on Angela's very extended family alone... the ones that will never change their minds on things are like extremists and that's just the way it is. It is my belief that they are going to be shocked when they pass over what horrible humans they were. But that is their deal. But overall, we have come a long way on something so... natural that doesn't matter. When I look at this Spiritually it makes me laugh. When we pass over, are we male or female? I mean, we don't know for sure but we understand at the very least, we are not human anymore, so we are Spirit. That means we do not have organs or sex parts anymore. Why would we? We do not need that which should be an indication that it doesn't matter. None of it matters when we are our true, authentic self which your parents are, my mother is, etc.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Definitely night and day since then. I have realized just based on Angela's very extended family alone... the ones that will never change their minds on things are like extremists and that's just the way it is. It is my belief that they are going to be shocked when they pass over what horrible humans they were. But that is their deal. But overall, we have come a long way on something so... natural that doesn't matter. When I look at this Spiritually it makes me laugh. When we pass over, are we male or female? I mean, we don't know for sure but we understand at the very least, we are not human anymore, so we are Spirit. That means we do not have organs or sex parts anymore. Why would we? We do not need that which should be an indication that it doesn't matter. None of it matters when we are our true, authentic self which your parents are, my mother is, etc.
That's all so true. Very well said.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-12-2022, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Anne Heche has apparently passed away:

https://news.yahoo.com/anne-heche-de...ycsrp_catchall

May she Rest in Peace. Condolences to her two sons.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's all so true. Very well said.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Anne Heche has apparently passed away:

https://news.yahoo.com/anne-heche-de...ycsrp_catchall

May she Rest in Peace. Condolences to her two sons.
I feel for her children so much. It has to be so tough.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-12-2022, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That was nice of her to say something.

We may have not liked the Andy-Amanda affair on the show, but this rewatch really illustrated what a good actress Anne Heche was. You called this from the beginning Michelle. Severe burns often leads to death, as was the case here. I had to look up what a severe anoxic brain injury meant, and it seems that injury led to her death. This is just a tragedy all around.

Side note: I read some of the comments on Ellen's post on Twitter, and I'm always revolted by how cruel and vile some people can be.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That was nice of her to say something.

We may have not liked the Andy-Amanda affair on the show, but this rewatch really illustrated what a good actress Anne Heche was. You called this from the beginning Michelle. Severe burns often leads to death, as was the case here. I had to look up what a severe anoxic brain injury meant, and it seems that injury led to her death. This is just a tragedy all around.

Side note: I read some of the comments on Ellen's post on Twitter, and I'm always revolted by how cruel and vile some people can be.
Exactly right. It’s interesting, Jerry, that we both discussed how talented Heche is during our rewatch. Maybe we both oddly knew somehow, she was meant to be highlighted.

Twitter can collect really horrible people too. It’s easy to ignore but oh yes, crazies are there too.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly right. It’s interesting, Jerry, that we both discussed how talented Heche is during our rewatch. Maybe we both oddly knew somehow, she was meant to be highlighted.
Yes, our discussions ended up being prescient.

Quote:
Twitter can collect really horrible people too. It’s easy to ignore but oh yes, crazies are there too.
People hide behind their computers and say awful things they would never say in person.

Sadly, if Anne Heche was severely burned, her passing might be a blessing as the pain and disfigurement from severe burns must be so horrible.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, our discussions ended up being prescient.
100%.

Quote:
People hide behind their computers and say awful things they would never say in person.
It is despicable. Exactly, they would not and at the same time, the awful things they say can cut others like a sharp knife.

Quote:
Sadly, if Anne Heche was severely burned, her passing might be a blessing as the pain and disfigurement from severe burns must be so horrible.
Right. She might have suffered the rest of her life in severe pain.

In addition, most likely she would have been facing severe criminal charges as well. Not that this is certainly a way to insinuate she was better off passing away. It’s just she might have been facing physical pain and mental suffering the rest of her life.

I just watched the episode we start Sunday for our rewatch. Right after concluding the episode I skimmed through some early S3 Amanda scenes. It made me very sad thinking about the gifted actress on the screen.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-14-2022, 08:05 PM
Administrator

That was really nice of Treat to say that and that's a wonderful picture of them.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Definitely. You can tell he really enjoyed working with her.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Same pic he posted on Twitter but he said this on Instagram:

treat.williams2 RIP Anne Heche. A lovely partner on Everwood for a year. A lovely actress
RIP
Reply   Post New Thread