Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2022, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Some very sad and scary news about Anne Heche:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222640958.html
Right! Thanks for bringing this over. What a sad situation.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Some very sad and scary news about Anne Heche:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222640958.html
I was just coming on to post about this! Horrible! I hate to say it, but with severe burns sometimes it not a good thing to live.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was just coming on to post about this! Horrible! I hate to say it, but with severe burns sometimes it not a good thing to live.
Burns are serious and can be life threatening or with a super long recovery.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-07-2022 at 06:51 AM
Old 08-07-2022, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-07-2022, 07:33 AM
Administrator

^^ Wow, that's awful. It just shows that you never know what's really going on with people, and what demons they're dealing with.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

100%. Heche has made it known for a long time she deals with mental health problems. She struggles and combined with alcohol, she nearly died and maybe even most importantly, almost killed others.

I hope the others involved get all the assistance financially they need (the house is severely damaged) and I hope she gets the help that she needs so this never happens again.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Some celebrities are receiving backlash for wishing Anne Heche well. I think that's ridiculous. It's true that she apparently caused the accident, but I don't see any issue for people expressing that they hope that she'll feel better. I feel awful for all the parties involved. People can be so heartless.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-08-2022, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Some celebrities are receiving backlash for wishing Anne Heche well. I think that's ridiculous. It's true that she apparently caused the accident, but I don't see any issue for people expressing that they hope that she'll feel better. I feel awful for all the parties involved. People can be so heartless.
Well said.

What’s sad is I think she was involved in/caused two accidents. One and then the other that ultimately caused the burns. It’s obvious she has a real problem with mental health and possibly substance abuse and it is cruel others don’t care about this.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Well said.

What’s sad is I think she was involved in/caused two accidents. One and then the other that ultimately caused the burns. It’s obvious she has a real problem with mental health and possibly substance abuse and it is cruel others don’t care about this.
You're definitely correct on both counts.

It doesn't look good for her:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...223034897.html

Old 08-09-2022, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're definitely correct on both counts.

It doesn't look good for her:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...223034897.html
Wow. I thought it felt strange when her reps were saying she was in stable condition. This sounds really serious.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is really sad:

Anne Heche Suffered Severe Brain Injury and 'Is Not Expected to Survive': Rep
Old 08-12-2022, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I was just about to bring that over. That's so sad and tragic.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I was just about to bring that over. That's so sad and tragic.
I had a feeling the second it happened.

Horrible. Her poor children. Really sad.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I had a feeling the second it happened.

Horrible. Her poor children. Really sad.
As usual, your feeling was correct.

I think that she was a very talented actress, but I feel that her career was cut short due to Anti-LGBT Bias that manifested itself when she had a very public relationship with Ellen DeGeneres. That bias was wrong then and it's wrong now. Maybe cut short is the incorrect term to use, but I think that she was considered a rising star before the news of her relationship with Ellen came out, and her star power dimmed after that news came out, and she even said:

Quote:
According to Heche, "People said, 'You're not getting a job because you're gay'". She commented: "How could that destroy my career? I still can't wrap my head around it."
I think that's all so wrong and so unfair.

I thought that she did a great job as Amanda on Everwood, and even though I didn't like her character or that storyline, her talent was clearly evident.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
As usual, your feeling was correct.

I think that she was a very talented actress, but I feel that her career was cut short due to Anti-LGBT Bias that manifested itself when she had a very public relationship with Ellen DeGeneres. That bias was wrong then and it's wrong now. Maybe cut short is the incorrect term to use, but I think that she was considered a rising star before the news of her relationship with Ellen came out, and her star power dimmed after that news came out, and she even said:

I think that's all so wrong and so unfair.

I thought that she did a great job as Amanda on Everwood, and even though I didn't like her character or that storyline, her talent was clearly evident.
The timing was so difficult. Now, if she would have been with Ellen her career probably would have taken off even more as a result of her relationship with a woman. I guess thinking of it in this manner proves something as natural as sexuality has evolved. Even Republicans have different thoughts on this because they are off ripping the trans community instead. Another evil thing they are doing but pointing this out to show that we have come a long way but unfortunately she was affected by when that all happened. Now it is almost an added extra to make you even more appealing which is crazy to think about. Sexuality shouldn't matter no matter what. So weird that it did in the past.

I have always thought she was a tremendous actress. I loved her in the movie she did with Harrison Ford, Six Days, Seven Nights.
Reply   Post New Thread