Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Matty, you're hitting Michelle right where she has lots of loves in soccer/football, philosophy, holding your keg you're drinking out of...

Matty
, do you enjoy Hockey? That would be a must. I mean...if you expect Michelle to hold your keg and root for Liverpool....you've got to have a love for hockey.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

Matty
, do you enjoy Hockey? That would be a must. I mean...if you expect Michelle to hold your keg and root for Liverpool....you've got to have a love for hockey.
Hee, listen to Betty! She is wise. A Liverpool match for a hockey game? The mutuality there is all kinds of healthy and special!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
That's so interesting.

How big are Norwegians into the politics of your country? Do you get a good voter turn out?
This year the turnout was 72,4%. It's actually the worst since 1927! In 2005 it was 77,4%, and in 2001 it was 75,5%, so I guess it goes up and down.

Quote:
Never. I will laugh, cheer you on, and even hold your beer bottle, or er, keg for you.

This sounds absolutely intriguing! I love deep philosophy! I am getting more and move tempted by the minute!

How on EARTH did this girl not jump on all of what you can offer her? I am astounded because this sounds lovely! Oh well, the way I see it? Her loss is clearly my gain.
I can't get my head around it either

(I actually heard from her today. She texted me, and wished me a happy birthday. I just sent a cold "Thanks." in return. But it's nice to know she's thinking about me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFEUC (View Post)
Matty, you're hitting Michelle right where she has lots of loves in soccer/football, philosophy, holding your keg you're drinking out of...
I'm quite the internet Don Juan at the moment, yeah?

Quote:
Also, do you have a picture or an article somewhere on the party that won this election? Would love to see it.
Here you go: The Norwegian Labour Pary

(Once again I've given a party the wrong English name. I called the The Worker's Party, but The Labour Party is the correct name. Means the same I guess, but I don't want to confuse anyone)

This is the party I voted for: Rødt

The items supporting armed revolution in Norway were dropped from the party program when Red was founded, although their visions of a classless society and communism remain.

Don't be alarmed. I don't want Norway to become a communist state because it's not necessary with the wealth we've got, but I wouldn't mind them getting a few mandates into the parliament, acting like guard dogs when the other parties go super-capitalist.

Quote:

Matty
I really enjoyed watching Norway in the last Olympics, but I never watch NHL or Norwegian league hockey. But I'm sure I can learn to love it

To be honest, hockey's not THAT big in Norway. I guess you can compare it to football in the US. Football is the only really big team sport here, but hockey is next in line.

However, things might be changing. The hockey league just signed a relatively big deal with one of the biggest TV networks in Norway, and this network is looking to get out the potential hockey has as a spectator sport. As well, if the international team can keep on improving, it's gonna be a lot bigger here.

However, the main proplem for Norwegian hockey is the lack of indoor rinks. In Norway there are about 30 of them, while they have over 300 in Sweden! To make it a big sport, kids have to have places to play, and to get more indoor rinks it has to become more popular. It's a difficult position to be in for hockey. I'm sure success on a international level is what's needed to get the sport growing.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Birthday, Don Juan!!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I've missed some good discussions!

Quote:
This year the turnout was 72,4%. It's actually the worst since 1927! In 2005 it was 77,4%, and in 2001 it was 75,5%, so I guess it goes up and down.
Wow. Us folks in North America would kill for turnouts like that. Canada isn't typically as bad as the States, but we're getting there recently, heh. I believe that America got something like 58% when Obama won. And we weren't much better with 59% in our last election. Of course, we have had three elections in four years because of the instability with minority governments and our electoral system, so people are just fed up when we have all these expensive elections, and the make up of the government doesn't change at all.

And another happy birthday Matty!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodian Kopite (View Post)
Wow, those are good numbers. Really good numbers, definitely showing that your country is actively involved and that is so refreshing to see.

Quote:
(I actually heard from her today. She texted me, and wished me a happy birthday. I just sent a cold "Thanks." in return. But it's nice to know she's thinking about me...)
Any new developments between her and your traitor friend?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed. I don't want Norway to become a communist state because it's not necessary with the wealth we've got, but I wouldn't mind them getting a few mandates into the parliament, acting like guard dogs when the other parties go super-capitalist.
Hee, Betty said it is crazy how close we are with our political views. Are you shocked considering I am American? It's true though. There is not one thing you have stated you are politically for or against that I disagree with. Great minds think alike.

Quote:
To be honest, hockey's not THAT big in Norway. I guess you can compare it to football in the US. Football is the only really big team sport here, but hockey is next in line.
I am pretty friendly with a Finn who is obsessed with hockey (maybe it's why we get along so well, hee) and it seems hockey is enormous in Finland. Based on what you know about Finland would you agree with that? What country would you say is bigger in hockey... Finland or Sweden? According to my friend they get all hyped up going against Sweden. Huge rivalry to say the least. LOL.

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday, Matty! Hope it was a good one!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

So when did this romantic love affair begin between Matty & Michelle is what I want to know? I know you attract them in bunches, Mitch, but I always laugh over this true reality.

Happy Belated Birthday, Matty!

I've got nothing else besides the fact that I could never vote Republican if I were forced to at gunpoint. I might mildly agree with one or two issues (although that is pushing it) but that parties view on women and making the average woman seem like she is passive and helpless (wanting to take away a womans right to choose, pfff) and for this area alone, I could never vote Republican, not to mention how they know absolutely nothing about the economy or healthcare.
SPORTSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSUSA (View Post)
So when did this romantic love affair begin between Matty & Michelle is what I want to know? I know you attract them in bunches, Mitch, but I always laugh over this true reality.
Well you know Matty is freaken hot, what can I say? I could not deny his hotness anymore, I had to act on it, he was verrrrrry receptive to my advances and the rest is history.

Quote:
I've got nothing else besides the fact that I could never vote Republican if I were forced to at gunpoint. I might mildly agree with one or two issues (although that is pushing it) but that parties view on women and making the average woman seem like she is passive and helpless (wanting to take away a womans right to choose, pfff) and for this area alone, I could never vote Republican, not to mention how they know absolutely nothing about the economy or healthcare.
Hee. I agree. I could never vote for a republican either. Couldn't do it. I agree with the women take. That's my biggest issue with their views, oh and also their gun obsession not to mention the zero knowledge about the economy and health care. See, the irony with their homeland security deal? They want to protect us from bad guy foreigners, right? Yet, they think owning guns here is cool so what then happens is crazy Americans are shooting each other up with the easy access and, so, hmm, how is that protecting our own again? Makes no sense.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well you know Matty is freaken hot, what can I say? I could not deny his hotness anymore, I had to act on it, he was verrrrrry receptive to my advances and the rest is history.
I should have known I would get a witty response like that!

Quote:
Hee. I agree. I could never vote for a republican either. Couldn't do it. I agree with the women take. That's my biggest issue with their views, oh and also their gun obsession not to mention the zero knowledge about the economy and health care. See, the irony with their homeland security deal? They want to protect us from bad guy foreigners, right? Yet, they think owning guns here is cool so what then happens is crazy Americans are shooting each other up with the easy access and, so, hmm, how is that protecting our own again? Makes no sense.
BriLLiant thoughts! I couldn't agree more. So well said. I reread your thoughts three times because they are so fun reading due to the insightful way you describe things. LOL. You would make a good lawyer, btw? You can come up with arguments and valid thoughts in the blink of an eye! Can you tell me what your secret to your success is? LOL.

To add to that, they are anti abortion but not against killing each other through war, murdering innocent people through war. I know it's a very touchy subject but these things do not make sense to me. They only frustrate me further. Or making senior citizens worry about how they will survive their golden years since conservatives do not think twice about taking from the elderly to promote other senseless things. Drives me fricken crazy.
SPORTSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, Matty, are your ears ringing??
You've got women over here singing your praises and your hotness and you're not around.
Are you still celebrating your birthday? Is the keg not finished yet? Would you like for Michelle to come over and hold it for you?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
You would make a good lawyer, btw? You can come up with arguments and valid thoughts in the blink of an eye! Can you tell me what your secret to your success is? LOL.
Lol. You are actually giving me way too much credit. Heh. I have to pause and think about things before I speak or write because if not I sound like a complete idiot. It's true. I do not have natural intellect in this way. I have to think and process whereas Alex has that very quick intellect, she can plow through something so very quickly and efficiently. I need some time to process before going there. Thus, I would make a horrible lawyer as the trials would last about 30302020 days with the judge, opposing lawyer, and jury wanting to shoot me for holding up the trial as I process before finally speaking.

Quote:
Is the keg not finished yet? Would you like for Michelle to come over and hold it for you?
LMAO! I am not sure if that was meant to be dirty but that was my first thought upon reading it.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

LMAO! I am not sure if that was meant to be dirty but that was my first thought upon reading it.
Oh, these dirty minds. You know I was just talking about the keg.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh, these dirty minds. You know I was just talking about the keg.
Sure, sure, and the Pope is not Catholic.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sure, sure, and the Pope is not Catholic.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think you would make a great lawyer, Betty. You are obviously great at saying things that have double meanings (LMAO) and you are great at cutting to the chase and forming very valid, organized and perfect arguments! You'd be great! I am not sure if you would love the drama in the courtroom but I think you have the skill and ability to put a bum or two straight into the slammer headfirst.
Reply   Post New Thread