Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I agree with you that it's strange how uninterested her parents were. My parents would have never let me drop out of high school no matter if I had 18 or not. They would have tried everything possible to make me graduate. It seems that she was not super close with her parents as she lived with her grandparents.
My parents never would have allowed me to either. Any caring responsible parent would prevent this. It was interesting when her mom told Flores that Jodi lived in delusion concerning her childhood. Jodi claims her childhood wasn’t good but her mom said it was fine and essentially she was making things up. Her one sister and brother have even stated they had good childhoods overall. We know her sister got into drugs and bad relationships but my guess is their childhoods were still not as bad as Jodi believes. Not ideal but good enough overall. Jodi blames her sociopathy on this is why. She needs a reason for her bad energy.

Quote:
Any idea when how old was he when he turned into religion?
Not sure precisely but he was a boy.

Quote:

I kind of blame a bit religion for this though. When you are taught that sex is this bad thing and you are told times and times that you should avoid it and then you try it, you could get addicted to it. It's like the forbidden thing that everyone wants to try. There are numerous stories about catholic school girls that waited to graduate and turn to sex so much that it was not healthy. I kind of feel the same happened with Travis and honestly it happens with a lot of others. Nowadays celibacy is not an easy thing in our society.

Also most probably this celibacy thing was in conflict with his Fire energy. Do not get me wrong. I do believe that he was sexual. I do believe that he enjoyed sex and he kind of wanted it. However I also believe that the more he suppressed it because of religion, the worse his obsession over sex became. Before Jodi he was surrounded by Mormon women so it was easier for him to control himself. Jodi opened another world for him. A world he was not ready to leave. This is why he never declined her offers for sex. He knew that she was not for him, but he was not ready to let go of this woman that was willing to do things with him that his Mormon women did not want. And this is why he wanted to get married so much in the end. He wanted sex. He did not want Jodi. He needed a wife to be able to have sex without feeling in sin.

And ultimately this is why I am against religion when the things are represented as so black and white. No one should follow a doctrine if they do not believe in it. Travis was not ready to be Mormon and he should have let it like that. Sometimes I feel like if he had realized sooner that the Mormon life is not for him, he would have had far better control over his sexual urges because he would not need to hide. And Jodi would not have used this against him making him feeling bad for committing a sin.
Definitely agree. He even had sex with Deanna too. They went to the bishop for this so he even went there with someone he loved and they were both Mormon. Not only was Travis a sexual person but removing religion and I think he’d be a highly charged sexual man. That Leo Fire burned inside of him. Throw in the religion saying no way and he was going to find a way to get there regardless. I do find it bizarre how he’d make jokes about being a virgin though. He was living a double life and even forcing the lies to make himself look “good” as well. I actually believe that’s why he couldn’t find a wife. I think women sensed something was off, like his motives weren’t natural. Lisa said he pushed marriage on her. He was trying too hard.

Quote:

They were toxic together. Most probably Travis brought out the worst in Jodi and vice versa.

That's the bottom line. As flawed as he was, he did not deserve what happened to him.

I hope that they are OK too. I don't think that they will ever get over this. They never got closure. This will haunt them for the rest of their lives. I only hope that they will be able to have healthy families despite all of this.
It will definitely haunt them forever. You can move on but they will never be the same, carrying tons of pain.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-11-2018 at 07:23 AM
Old 06-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Robert De Niro's Trump comments at Tony Awards go viral

Right or wrong?

Freedom of speech or inappropriate?
Old 06-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Right or wrong?

For me it's inappropriate. He is free to disagree with Trump and yes he is allowed to say so because of the freedom of speech. The language he used though is a bit inappropriate IMO.

How do you feel?
Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
My parents never would have allowed me to either. Any caring responsible parent would prevent this. It was interesting when her mom told Flores that Jodi lived in delusion concerning her childhood. Jodi claims her childhood wasn’t good but her mom said it was fine and essentially she was making things up. Her one sister and brother have even stated they had good childhoods overall. We know her sister got into drugs and bad relationships but my guess is their childhoods were still not as bad as Jodi believes. Not ideal but good enough overall. Jodi blames her sociopathy on this is why. She needs a reason for her bad energy.
It might be Jodi's BPD when it comes to this though. Even DeMarte said that childhood might have affect when it comes to BPD. Her sociopathy is not on her parents I agree, but then we have to say that not every sociopath ends up being killer. I am not justifying her actions. I am just saying that her parents might have played some role in this. In the end of the day this does not matter because Jodi killed Travis, not her parents. It was Jodi's choice and she knew perfectly well what she was doing. So she should know take the responsibility for this.

Quote:
Definitely agree. He even had sex with Deanna too. They went to the bishop for this so he even went there with someone he loved and they were both Mormon. Not only was Travis a sexual person but removing religion and I think he’d be a highly charged sexual man. That Leo Fire burned inside of him. Throw in the religion saying no way and he was going to find a way to get there regardless. I do find it bizarre how he’d make jokes about being a virgin though. He was living a double life and even forcing the lies to make himself look “good” as well. I actually believe that’s why he couldn’t find a wife. I think women sensed something was off, like his motives weren’t natural. Lisa said he pushed marriage on her. He was trying too hard.
I believe that both Travis and Jodi were immature when it came to relationships. Jodi most probably due to her BPD had tendency to obsess over people. Travis most probably had skewed ideas about relationship in general due to the abuse he endured, the sexual drive he had and the religion. As a result both of them would come out way too strong to others. Jodi expected Travis to propose after 5 months which is insane. Travis would start talking about marriage after few months as well and that is insane as well. The difference is that Travis did not stalk women and did not kill someone because they said NO. He did play the field, he had lots of female friends and yeah he would insist too much on some things with them. I don't think that we have proof that he crossed any social boundaries with them the moment they declined his offer though. I think that he would have most probably moved on the next girl. Jodi on the other hand stayed focused on Travis and ultimately killed him.

Quote:
It will definitely haunt them forever. You can move on but they will never be the same, carrying tons of pain.
Exactly! The killing was horrendous and the public trial did not help matters either. They will always remember this.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It might be Jodi's BPD when it comes to this though. Even DeMarte said that childhood might have affect when it comes to BPD. Her sociopathy is not on her parents I agree, but then we have to say that not every sociopath ends up being killer. I am not justifying her actions. I am just saying that her parents might have played some role in this. In the end of the day this does not matter because Jodi killed Travis, not her parents. It was Jodi's choice and she knew perfectly well what she was doing. So she should know take the responsibility for this.
BPD is mostly about self harm. It is quite rare for one with BPD to murder. It can happen but the violence is usually within. I meant her sociopathy was definitely around in her childhood even if she had some BPD as well. Studies actually indicate an over-representation of BPD in prison populations. I do believe Jodi suffered from this though in addition to antisocial personality disorder.

Quote:
I believe that both Travis and Jodi were immature when it came to relationships. Jodi most probably due to her BPD had tendency to obsess over people. Travis most probably had skewed ideas about relationship in general due to the abuse he endured, the sexual drive he had and the religion. As a result both of them would come out way too strong to others. Jodi expected Travis to propose after 5 months which is insane. Travis would start talking about marriage after few months as well and that is insane as well. The difference is that Travis did not stalk women and did not kill someone because they said NO. He did play the field, he had lots of female friends and yeah he would insist too much on some things with them. I don't think that we have proof that he crossed any social boundaries with them the moment they declined his offer though. I think that he would have most probably moved on the next girl. Jodi on the other hand stayed focused on Travis and ultimately killed him.
I don't think Travis crossed any lines with other women. He tried to flirt with the line to see how they might react but he never crossed any lines. But yes, it's 100% clear the combination of Jodi and Travis was very toxic.

Quote:
Exactly! The killing was horrendous and the public trial did not help matters either. They will always remember this.
Yes, they had to go through two trials and replay every ounce of what happened to Travis. In the end, they didn't even get the desired outcome either since they wanted her to get the death penalty. There is no such thing as justice in a case like this but I think they might have been able to sleep a little better had she received the death penalty.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
For me it's inappropriate. He is free to disagree with Trump and yes he is allowed to say so because of the freedom of speech. The language he used though is a bit inappropriate IMO.

How do you feel?
I definitely didn't like the language used. I also wonder where all of these Hollywood stars were before the election. It sure would have been nice seeing them this passionate and helping to make sure Trump wasn't elected in the first place. Some went there but obviously we needed to take the election way more seriously. I think people laughed it off instead. I almost feel like it's beating a dead horse at this point. He was elected. There's nothing anyone can do about it. I rather look to the future... Tuesday, November 3, 2020, is not too far away. I rather people put their time and effort into the next election making sure the right candidate is voted into office.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Right or wrong?

Totally inappropriate. Language is unacceptable during such an event. De Niro has a right to voice his objections to the current President, but in another way..another time...and in a classier fashion.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I definitely didn't like the language used. I also wonder where all of these Hollywood stars were before the election. It sure would have been nice seeing them this passionate and helping to make sure Trump wasn't elected in the first place. Some went there but obviously we needed to take the election way more seriously. I think people laughed it off instead. I almost feel like it's beating a dead horse at this point. He was elected. There's nothing anyone can do about it. I rather look to the future... Tuesday, November 3, 2020, is not too far away. I rather people put their time and effort into the next election making sure the right candidate is voted into office.
Michelle, no one who is against Donald Trump and is opposed to his presidency is letting this go. They are absolutely enraged to the point of hysteria. I know you don't follow Facebook anymore, but there are several friends on there that I am tempted to block for life (on both sides of the spectrum) because I just can't take their rants anymore. It's constant and becoming more and more shrill.
This election has really polarized our country and that frightens me more than Trump does.

The Hollywood elite definitely worked hard to get Hillary elected, but it just wasn't enough. I don't believe that they thought Trump stood a chance to be elected.
But then...here we are! I'm with you. He is our President and maybe if we stop poking him...he'll stop poking back and maybe he will do some good things. Who knows?!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Michelle, no one who is against Donald Trump and is opposed to his presidency is letting this go. They are absolutely enraged to the point of hysteria. I know you don't follow Facebook anymore, but there are several friends on there that I am tempted to block for life (on both sides of the spectrum) because I just can't take their rants anymore. It's constant and becoming more and more shrill.
This election has really polarized our country and that frightens me more than Trump does.

The Hollywood elite definitely worked hard to get Hillary elected, but it just wasn't enough. I don't believe that they thought Trump stood a chance to be elected.
But then...here we are! I'm with you. He is our President and maybe if we stop poking him...he'll stop poking back and maybe he will do some good things. Who knows?!
Wow. Another example of why I am in my little peaceful bubble only using Facebook for my Las Vegas Slot Game. I only go to Facebook once a day to get my free chips and ignore the rest. Sounds like an unhealthy, chaotic mess concerning Trump and a reality that they cannot change. I don't understand. I am looking at the positives. Sure, he hasn't done great things really but the good news is he hasn't done super bad things either. The country is okay under his leadership and the upcoming election is not that far away. In fact, it will be all about campaigning and getting ready for the new election in a few short months. People need to chill, accept reality and look forward to the future. I'm all for free speech and even ranting when you need to but it seems like as this point it's over the top. Plus, like I said, right on the horizon a new election is in play. Let's concentrate on the future election and thank our lucky stars that Trump hasn't been a disaster as president. Seriously, it could be a lot worse and I say this as a diehard Liberal Democrat.

I wish Hollywood would have actually gone in the trenches to the precise states that needed to hear a message. I think they went there in bigger cities, exclusive states and on social media. Not everyone has or likes social media. Those critical states that I'm sure many didn't pay attention to (heck, even Hillary didn't campaign hard enough in those crucial states) should have been the focus.

But seriously... I am not sure why people aren't looking towards the light at the end of the tunnel instead of this unhealthy ranting which isn't the least bit productive. Robert De Niro is one of the greatest actors to ever hit the large screen. He's golden in this area. Last night was just stupid, however. Not his greatest moment.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But seriously... I am not sure why people aren't looking towards the light at the end of the tunnel instead of this unhealthy ranting which isn't the least bit productive. Robert De Niro is one of the greatest actors to ever hit the large screen. He's golden in this area. Last night was just stupid, however. Not his greatest moment.
De Niro has had another not so great moment a while back when he said on the air regarding Trump, "I'd like to punch him in the nose."
Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
De Niro has had another not so great moment a while back when he said on the air regarding Trump, "I'd like to punch him in the nose."
Lame. I missed that one.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Administrator

I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum on Facebook and some of them post their seething hatred of, or blind love of, Trump Every.Single.Day. and I’m so tired of hearing their rants. You don’t like Trump? Fine. Why post about it every day? You love Trump? Fine. Why post about it every day? I joined Facebook to catch up with old friends but I hate all of the political nonsense on it. The only place I post about politics is here.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That has to be awful. Right now I'm figuring out even Twitter can be pretty annoying with this political stuff. I try hard just to focus on sports on Twitter but you can see the political stuff all over Twitter.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum on Facebook and some of them post their seething hatred of, or blind love of, Trump Every.Single.Day. and I’m so tired of hearing their rants. You don’t like Trump? Fine. Why post about it every day? You love Trump? Fine. Why post about it every day? I joined Facebook to catch up with old friends but I hate all of the political nonsense on it. The only place I post about politics is here.
I'm with you, Jerry. I cringe every time I see that certain people have posted. It's like they are not able to separate the election from the rest of their lives and can't talk about anything else!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Favorite place out of the three?
New York for sure
Closed Thread   Post New Thread