Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2021, 06:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks! Feel free to put it in the opening post.

Oh I know. What they did to both Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Andie really was a crime.

Here is something that I wrote about Pacey and Andie back in the day:
Very well said Jerry. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I would like to comment on two things.

1. Going into season three I don't believe there were plans to break up Pacey and Andie. The new writers had no clue as what to do next. Berlanti came up with Pacey kisses Joey. All the writers were against it, but Berlanti convinced them to do it. The problem was Pacey and Andie were beautifully written, and as Jerry said, they were the best romance on Dawson's Creek.

The solution.....destroy Andie. So they turned a slightly awkward sweet, kind, girl into a despicable bitch., and we know what happened. Andie was now hated and Pacey was free to be with Joey..

2. Pacey did finally forgive Andie. The graduation episode at the end of season four. He told Andie how much she meant to him, and he couldn't have succeeded with out her. [alluding to how she helped him season two.] Also Andie was the only person he told about graduating. At the time season four was thought to be the last season. Dawson and Joey were reunited. And now the door was open for Pacey and Andie to resume their relationship.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
This is so bang on, Jerry.
Thanks!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-27-2021, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Very well said Jerry. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks!

Quote:
I would like to comment on two things.

1. Going into season three I don't believe there were plans to break up Pacey and Andie. The new writers had no clue as what to do next. Berlanti came up with Pacey kisses Joey. All the writers were against it, but Berlanti convinced them to do it. The problem was Pacey and Andie were beautifully written, and as Jerry said, they were the best romance on Dawson's Creek.

The solution.....destroy Andie. So they turned a slightly awkward sweet, kind, girl into a despicable bitch., and we know what happened. Andie was now hated and Pacey was free to be with Joey.
What was done to Andie was so horrible. James Van Der Beek said that they brought in a new head writer in Season Three that, in his words, hated the show, so they changed the show completely with the Eve storyline, Jack being a football player, Jen being a cheerleader, etc., but the fans rebelled and all those storylines were scrapped, but the destruction of Andie's character wasn't rectified.

Quote:
2. Pacey did finally forgive Andie. The graduation episode at the end of season four. He told Andie how much she meant to him, and he couldn't have succeeded with out her. [alluding to how she helped him season two.] Also Andie was the only person he told about graduating. At the time season four was thought to be the last season. Dawson and Joey were reunited. And now the door was open for Pacey and Andie to resume their relationship.
Oh I agree, but when I wrote that, Pacey hadn't forgiven Andie yet. Some of that post is dated.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-27-2021, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you think Winnie loved Kevin in a purely romantic way?
I really don't think that she did to be honest. She was pretty cavalier with his heart and feelings at times, so I never got the impression that she loved him as much as he loved her.

Quote:
I completely agree. He really did.
That really can and does happen.

Quote:
Yes, thank God a revival didn’t happen with Andy passing away. Plus, how can you even think to do anything Everwood-related without the one and only, Treat Williams?
The show wouldn't have been the same without him.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Berlanti would have an easy way to bring everyone back together (if some moved out of town) given Stephanie’s passing. Everwood originally started with Julia’s passing. The revival could start with Andy’s second wife passing away.
Yes, it's sad but true and it would put Andy back to where he started.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I really don't think that she did to be honest. She was pretty cavalier with his heart and feelings at times, so I never got the impression that she loved him as much as he loved her.
Your take is REALLY interesting. I never considered this as a possibility until you mentioned it. Now I’m scanning their moments inside my head and it truly makes sense.

Quote:
That really can and does happen.

The show wouldn't have been the same without him.

Yes, it's sad but true and it would put Andy back to where he started.
Right! I cannot see Treat as Andy missing should any revival happen. It’s not possible. I don’t even think the other actors would sign on without Treat.

It really would put Andy right back where he started.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks! Feel free to put it in the opening post.

Oh I know. What they did to both Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Andie really was a crime.

Here is something that I wrote about Pacey and Andie back in the day:
Ah that was so nice and well said about P/A. The new ridiculous narrative floating around is that Pacey has been “in love” with Joey his entire life because he said “I’ve always loved you” sorry, you aren’t going to convince me he was in love with Joey in S2 when they had two scenes of them talking and he was crying about missing Andie. The only reason he even went to Joey in 301 was because Dawson begged him lol. He fell for her in S3 fine I can accept that because that’s reality, but not before S3.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

As bad as some believing that S1 snail episode was PJ falling in love, lol.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
As bad as some believing that S1 snail episode was PJ falling in love, lol.
Lol yea really. That was him finding himself attracted to her, nothing more.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
It was more lust than anything else because he sneaked a peak at her while she was changing.

Old 05-27-2021, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Precisely. It was to also further the DJ story, lol.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ah that was so nice and well about P/A. The new ridiculous narrative floating around is that Pacey has been “in love” with Joey his entire life because he said “I’ve always loved you” sorry, you aren’t going to convince me he was in love with Joey in S2 when they had two scenes of them talking and he was crying about missing Andie. The only reason he even went to Joey in 301 was because Dawson begged him lol. He fell for her in S3 fine I can accept that because that’s reality, but not before S3.
Did Pacey really fall for Joey season three, or was she just the rebound girl?

Pacey sneaking peaks at Joey while she was changing was nothing more than a horny teen trying to check out a attractive girl. I doubt that anything involving love was on his mind.

I really can't see the logic the PJ'ers have when trey state it was love when Pacey was sneaking peeks. Wishful thinking maybe?
Old 05-27-2021, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pacey, S1 and before meeting Andie, S2, was known for liking pretty girls (of course adult women too ).

S1 Joey was nothing special to him minus finding her attractive... just like many others he noticed.

I also think Pacey was in a rebound relationship with Joey. Pacey/Joey were both using each other and confused a developing friendship into more. No way do they just get over Dawson and Andie that quickly. Which is why it would have been perfect having them realize as much at the end of S3. They weren’t over Dawson and Andie and confused a friendship for more.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Did Pacey really fall for Joey season three, or was she just the rebound girl?

Pacey sneaking peaks at Joey while she was changing was nothing more than a horny teen trying to check out a attractive girl. I doubt that anything involving love was on his mind.

I really can't see the logic the PJ'ers have when trey state it was love when Pacey was sneaking peeks. Wishful thinking maybe?
I think it was probably a mixture of both. Rebound and I do think he did end up having legit feelings for her. Sadly the writers really really were dead set on destroying everything P/A built in S2. Also wishful thinking and they wanna discredit Dawson when it was established he has loved Joey in one way or another his whole life.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just can’t comprehend WHY Pacey would have fallen for Joey. Was it their fighting? The fact that she cut him down to make herself feel better? The one-sidedness of the relationship? The fact that she wasn’t over Dawson and he knew it? The fact that she looked miserable after their first time together? Later, the fact that she picked Eddie over him?

What on earth was it about her that caused him to still want her in the series finale?
Old 05-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I just can’t comprehend WHY Pacey would have fallen for Joey. Was it their fighting? The fact that she cut him down to make herself feel better? The one-sidedness of the relationship? The fact that she wasn’t over Dawson and he knew it? The fact that she looked miserable after their first time together? Later, the fact that she picked Eddie over him?

What on earth was it about her that caused him to still want her in the series finale?
I am sitting here trying to think of sustained happiness between Pacey and Joey...I can't.

Maybe Pacey was jealous of Dawson and to have what Dawson wanted was a boost to his ego.I don't believe that. With Andie he had a smarter girl and one that was arguably quite a bit better looking.

I don't think Pacey was jealous. Actually I can't think of any reason he'd be with Joey.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread