Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2021, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
I agree so much. I also liked the series finale overall. It sure beats the joke known as the Dawson's Creek series finale.
One thing I forgot to say I thought JVDB’s role on One Tree Hill was pretty funny lol
Old 05-21-2021, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
One thing I forgot to say I thought JVDB’s role on One Tree Hill was pretty funny lol
I agree.

It’s really too bad he wasn’t able to do any comedy on Dawson’s Creek. He’s an underrated comedic actor.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It really was. He was the Anti-Dawson, cynical, jaded and hilarious!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-23-2021, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know I read originally Josh read for Dawson. Do we know if James read for Pacey?
Old 05-23-2021, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I know I read originally Josh read for Dawson. Do we know if James read for Pacey?
No he didn't but he came close to not getting the role of Dawson: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-dawsons-creek

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-23-2021, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Coda is officially 20 years old today https://images.app.goo.gl/P1dt7T24wSTH6aJg9
Old 05-23-2021, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Coda is officially 20 years old today https://images.app.goo.gl/P1dt7T24wSTH6aJg9
Wow! Time goes by so quickly.

Old 05-23-2021, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
No he didn't but he came close to not getting the role of Dawson: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-dawsons-creek
Wow. I had absolutely no idea he almost didn’t get the part of Dawson. It’s interesting that Katie so easily was handed Joey even though she’s not that strong of an actress. They may have thought she had the look of Joey (as far as Kevin’s childhood best friend) but they were also looking for a certain look in general that would sell. They thought she would sell the IT girl/girl next door status and cared more about this over actual talent.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Incredible.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM
Extreme Fan

This was written after Coda aired, makes me smile it’s still on the D/J header on their forum

*True North*
By Logan

It's there. There's no doubt.

But what is it. It's undefinable and yet it's unmistakable: the thickening of the air when Joey and Dawson share a scene.

Is it chemistry? Joey and Pacey have chemistry, but it's not like what she has with Dawson.

It's something different. It's something more.

I've never been one to go in for the whole soul mate thing, but I think it fits. These two people are part of each other, extensions of each other. No matter where they go or whom they are with, they will always come back together because one can't survive without the other.

Joey said that Dawson is her magic. She loved, maybe still loves, Pacey but the magic faded. Love alone wasn't enough to sustain them. But with Dawson, after everything they have been through, the magic still flows.

Dawson wasn't thanking Spielberg. The director wasn't the most prolific influence in his life. He didn't shape Dawson and make him the man he is today. Joey did that.

There's no doubt that they love each other, and that they always will. But it more than that.

It's about finding someone whose life is so intrinsically linked to your own that you don't know where you end and they begin? And not only being okay with that, but also craving it.

It's about finding someone who is so much a part of you that you can't imagine who you would be without them.

It's about knowing a person so well that even when the walls are up you see right through them.

And no matter where they go from here, Dawson and Joey are that for each other: and they always will be.

And that is what this show is all about.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow. I had absolutely no idea he almost didn’t get the part of Dawson. It’s interesting that Katie so easily was handed Joey even though she’s not that strong of an actress. They may have thought she had the look of Joey (as far as Kevin’s childhood best friend) but they were also looking for a certain look in general that would sell. They thought she would sell the IT girl/girl next door status and cared more about this over actual talent.
To be fair, on shows like these, acting talent is usually secondary to looks. Remember that clip I posted of all the "Beautiful People" of The WB? It was very obvious that they wanted to showcase how good looking their young stars were rather than how talented they were.

Everwood was rare in that they had a very attractive cast who were also very talented actors.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
To be fair, on shows like these, acting talent is usually secondary to looks. Remember that clip I posted of all the "Beautiful People" of The WB? It was very obvious that they wanted to showcase how good looking their young stars were rather than how talented they were.

Everwood was rare in that they had a very attractive cast who were also very talented actors.
Very true. Look at Michelle Williams. She is clearly the most talented and The WB wanted to shove her in a closest since it was Katie or nothing.

Everwood was rare, it had both, yet the network only cared about it being too high in quality and wanted it to lose the quality for it to be relevant. How messed up is that?
Old 05-23-2021, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This was written after Coda aired, makes me smile it’s still on the D/J header on their forum

*True North*
By Logan

But what is it. It's undefinable and yet it's unmistakable: the thickening of the air when Joey and Dawson share a scene.

Is it chemistry? Joey and Pacey have chemistry, but it's not like what she has with Dawson.

I've never been one to go in for the whole soul mate thing, but I think it fits. These two people are part of each other, extensions of each other. No matter where they go or whom they are with, they will always come back together because one can't survive without the other.

Joey said that Dawson is her magic. She loved, maybe still loves, Pacey but the magic faded. Love alone wasn't enough to sustain them. But with Dawson, after everything they have been through, the magic still flows.

Dawson wasn't thanking Spielberg. The director wasn't the most prolific influence in his life. He didn't shape Dawson and make him the man he is today. Joey did that.

There's no doubt that they love each other, and that they always will. But it more than that.

It's about finding someone whose life is so intrinsically linked to your own that you don't know where you end and they begin? And not only being okay with that, but also craving it.

It's about finding someone who is so much a part of you that you can't imagine who you would be without them.

It's about knowing a person so well that even when the walls are up you see right through them.

And no matter where they go from here, Dawson and Joey are that for each other: and they always will be.

I agree with all of that. The story of the series was Dawson/Joey. It failed miserably at times but overall, Dawson/Joey had to end up together in order for the series to make sense. It was a failure. I don't understand how Pacey/Joey fans can watch Coda and not be furious since it makes fun of Pacey/Joey Seasons 3/4. Andie was right... Joey would never love Pacey the way she loves Dawson and I think this maintained throughout the entire series. I give Pacey/Joey fans credit for falsely thinking otherwise.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't understand how Pacey/Joey fans can watch Coda and not be furious since it makes fun of Pacey/Joey Seasons 3/4.
It had to be a punch in the gut hearing Joey say the magic with Pacey ran out, but with Dawson it never did. “Pure magic”
Old 05-23-2021, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:

*True North*
By Logan

That was beautiful and it's so true.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread