Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same here, think he was the only one who thought that scene was a good idea

Lol, even some fans who hated LP admitted that line was pretty OOC for Lucas considering he was always shown to be a great friend to Haley in Seasons 1 to 6.
Exactly. It was so pathetic. I do remember people discussing live and they thought it was insane. Everyone understood what Mark was doing. Notice no one even rips Leyton for being so absent after they left. It is because:

1. People recognize the show wasn't the same after Chad/Hilarie left.
2. Those digs about Lucas and Peyton basically abandoning Tree Hill (according to Monster) was so out of character ridiculous it was ignored.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Clay and Quinn are putting me to sleep. I had to spoil myself to see if they would ever leave the show. I ended up reading that Clay forgot he was a father, Nathan gets kidnapped by European gangsters and Julian and Brooke end up having twins and he leaves one of them in the car?
Old 11-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
Clay and Quinn are putting me to sleep. I had to spoil myself to see if they would ever leave the show. I ended up reading that Clay forgot he was a father, Nathan gets kidnapped by European gangsters and Julian and Brooke end up having twins and he leaves one of them in the car?

One Tree Hill : Welcome to the opposite of high quality Everwood.

Seriously, it goes from bad to worse.

I absolutely loathe Clay/Quinn. It was so obvious Monster was trying to replace Lucas and Peyton but failed miserably. This horrible pairing is basically shoved down our throats until the very end of the series. Clay forgetting he has a child... as a psychologist I have so many issues with this and it doesn't help matters I cannot stand the character in general. Nathan kidnapping is absolutely ridiculous and apparently due to James wanting some time off. Or in Monster's sick mind it was a clever way to deal with a lack of James. Julian and the car thing is just dumb.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

Jana/Alex is the main reason I got through this mess.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Administrator

One Tree Hill was yet another show that started out good but later became a caricature of itself with totally ridiculous and outlandish storylines.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Exactly right. The series should've ended either after four seasons or the second it was announced Chad and Hilarie were not returning.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Most shows centered around High School characters fail once the characters are no longer in High School. Everwood was the exception but it was unique in that the adult characters were just as important as the teenage characters, maybe even more so. It was a true ensemble show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-04-2020, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Most shows centered around High School characters fail once the characters are no longer in High School. Everwood was the exception but it was unique in that the adult characters were just as important as the teenage characters, maybe even more so. It was a true ensemble show.
Precisely, Jerry.

Only Everwood.

Those who haven't watched Everwood are severely missing out. Shows like Everwood simply don't exist anymore. Everwood is such a rare gem you embrace and hang on for dear life knowing you'll never experience such greatness again.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Exactly. It was so pathetic. I do remember people discussing live and they thought it was insane. Everyone understood what Mark was doing. Notice no one even rips Leyton for being so absent after they left. It is because:

1. People recognize the show wasn't the same after Chad/Hilarie left.
2. Those digs about Lucas and Peyton basically abandoning Tree Hill (according to Monster) was so out of character ridiculous it was ignored.
Yeah, it's was very clear why those digs were happening which is why you couldn't take them seriously.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Walking Dead’: Hilarie Burton Cast As Negan’s Wife, Lucille
Old 11-04-2020, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Love it!
Old 11-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Husband and Wife working together!
Old 11-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, it's was very clear why those digs were happening which is why you couldn't take them seriously.
Precisely. He looks petty, immature and ridiculous. His immaturity here should have given a hint he was unstable.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:33 PM
Administrator

I always thought it was weird that Mark played a character that was basically obsessed with Peyton. Talk about art imitating life!

Old 11-04-2020, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I always thought it was weird that Mark played a character that was basically obsessed with Peyton. Talk about art imitating life!
Right?! So bizarre. He was so obsessed with Hilarie, in order to play out his fantasy, he wrote it to hit the screen so he could fully participate. It makes my skin crawl.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread