Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Hopefully Jacob will get up in time to go with him, he loves gardening.
Can he come to my house? I hate gardening!

I'm going to a rock concert tonight on the beach at a lake in town.It's called, "Rockin on the Beach. " A close friend's son-in-law's band is performing. We bring beach chairs, food, drinks, and there are pits to grill if we want. I can't wait. It's going to be a beautiful night...weather-wise.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That sounds lovely, Betty! We usually have shows and bands performing in our park downtown, Riverfront Park, during the summer. Always fun.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

That sounds like a blast, Betty!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
That sounds lovely, Betty! We usually have shows and bands performing in our park downtown, Riverfront Park, during the summer. Always fun.
Quote:
That sounds like a blast, Betty!
I'm excited about it. They have it every year, but it's my first time. I will be fun knowing the band personally. And the weather is perfect...clear, sunny, warm, and not humid!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Sometimes we have name stars playing in the park during the summer or for the 4th of July. I saw John Fogerty there. It was awesome.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, how was the concert? I wasn't sure whether to ask this on email or the board but went for it here so everyone could see the answer. lol
Old 06-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Is everyone having a good weekend?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We've had severe thunderstorm warnings three afternoons/three nights in a row and probably going for a fourth later on. Sirens went off 2 afternoons and all 3 evenings. Many parts of the Twin Cities are completely without power right now. We weren't affected but I have a friend north of Minneapolis who has been without power for 48 hours. I had an appointment today and saw stop signs, stoplights, bent and swaying, trees are down in many areas, etc. The bad news is tonight/early Sunday morning, we are getting hammered again.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Sometimes we have name stars playing in the park during the summer or for the 4th of July. I saw John Fogerty there. It was awesome.
That is awesome! We didn't see anyone famous. lol

Quote:
Betty, how was the concert? I wasn't sure whether to ask this on email or the board but went for it here so everyone could see the answer. lol
It was really wonderful! So relaxing sitting there. Every group on that beach had a pit and lots of firewood. We all had our own fire. We brought sandwiches (wraps and heros), salads fruit, chips, wine.) Beer was sold. Music was great....it was a cover band, so they played all kinds of music..from the 60s to present day. Had a great time.

Quote:
Is everyone having a good weekend?
Yes, I am having a good weekend. Last night the concert...tonight had dinner with friends...tomorrow..invited to a brunch at another friend's house.

Shu, my daughter arrived home from the Netherlands Thursday night and immediately left for Canada Friday morning for the weekend to attend a wedding.
The wedding is in a place called Thousands Islands. Can you tell us anything about that? Nadine said it's beautiful.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
The wedding is in a place called Thousands Islands. Can you tell us anything about that?
I've only been there once. It's about 3-4 hour drive from where I am now. It's really beautiful. There are a several islands and each one has so much to offer. It's the perfect locale for a wedding because you can have an outdoor wedding over-looking the water. It's between platsburg ny and montreal. There is also an amusement park on one of the islands.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I've only been there once. It's about 3-4 hour drive from where I am now. It's really beautiful. There are a several islands and each one has so much to offer. It's the perfect locale for a wedding because you can have an outdoor wedding over-looking the water. It's between platsburg ny and montreal. There is also an amusement park on one of the islands.
Sounds really nice, Shu. My daughter's friend who's getting married has a cottage on one of the islands. It's about a 5-6 hour drive from where I live.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 06-23-2013 at 05:20 AM
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've turned down a couple invites to things this weekend. I just couldn't go there. I needed to calm my mind. I am glad my friends understand that I am Introverted. Thankfully, I have a couple of friends who are just that, too. Even my Extroverted friends don't care. Like I told them, I don't care that you have to go out all time either. lol

What is everyone up to today?
Old 06-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Crisis over!

Hostess: Twinkies to return to shelves July 15
Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I'm realizing how much of my life revolves around my children. They are away for a few weeks to visit their grandma at the cottage and I thought it would be fun for them to have that time with their nana, but it is so hard for me. I'm not used to being away from them for more than 2 days at a time. I feel just nervous and my husband is still busy with work during the day. I'm just not sure what to do with myself.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awe, that is so cute, though, Shu!

When will they return home? Is it possible for you to take a little trip over to the cottage or are they too far away?

Everything about you always screams how great of a mother you are and how much you love your children. It is precious. <3

Alan, LOL about the Twinkies. This actually is really good news. Those little cakes contain a billion grams of fat but what is America without the return of Twinkies? All is right in the USA now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread