Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2019, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
What a great conversation!
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2019, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, I was heading into work, but the roads were really bad, and my boss called and told me to go home. When I turned around, the exit was flooded so I had to go up an entry ramp and get back on to the highway, and then the highway was flooded so I had to go up on a shoulder and I got past the flooded area and I was able to get home. Teresa is on her way home right now. It's really bad here.
Wow, thankfully your boss calling you was worth it this time around. Good thing you weren't stuck and couldn't get back on a proper open road not closed, in order to get you home. Will Teresa run into road closings? Let me know when she gets home safely. Is it still raining and when is it predicted to finally stop and improve?
Old 09-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Wow, thankfully your boss calling you was worth it this time around. Good thing you weren't stuck and couldn't get back on a proper open road not closed, in order to get you home. Will Teresa run into road closings? Let me know when she gets home safely. Is it still raining and when is it predicted to finally stop and improve?
Thanks! Teresa is home now and I had warned her what part of the road was flooded so she got around it okay. They ended up closing our office so if I had gone in I would have had a lot harder time getting home. It's really bad here (we're in a state of emergency) and it isn't clear when the rain will let up. Fortunately for us it never floods here and we're home safe, sound and dry, so we'll just wait it out.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-19-2019, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks! Teresa is home now and I had warned her what part of the road was flooded so she got around it okay. They ended up closing our office so if I had gone in I would have had a lot harder time getting home. It's really bad here (we're in a state of emergency) and it isn't clear when the rain will let up. Fortunately for us it never floods here and we're home safe, sound and dry, so we'll just wait it out.
This is great news! So glad you're both home! I would assume you might not have to go to work tomorrow as well. Even if the weather is horrendous, you guys might get a long weekend out of the deal. LOL. Are you getting strong winds too? Is it still heavily raining?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
This is great news! So glad you're both home! I would assume you might not have to go to work tomorrow as well. Even if the weather is horrendous, you guys might get a long weekend out of the deal. LOL. Are you getting strong winds too? Is it still heavily raining?
Thanks! We're not getting strong winds, just a lot of rain. The rain comes in bands, so it rains intensely for a little while, then it stops, and then it starts again. We'll have to see about tomorrow. I hope we have off.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks! We're not getting strong winds, just a lot of rain. The rain comes in bands, so it rains intensely for a little while, then it stops, and then it starts again. We'll have to see about tomorrow. I hope we have off.
Good that you aren’t getting strong winds. Hopefully the rain stops soon. you have off tomorrow too!

I just saw this:

POST OFFICE BUILDING ROOF COLLAPSES IN NORTHEAST HOUSTON

Wow.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Good that you aren’t getting strong winds. Hopefully the rain stops soon. you have off tomorrow too!

I just saw this:

POST OFFICE BUILDING ROOF COLLAPSES IN NORTHEAST HOUSTON

Wow.
That post office is only a few miles from where I work.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That post office is only a few miles from where I work.
Oh my gosh!
Old 09-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Teresa and I are so lucky that we got home safe and sound and that our home isn't flooded. Right now, many people are stranded on the roads here, or their cars are flooded or their homes are flooded. God was looking out for us.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

He certainly was.

God Bless everyone struggling/stranded right now.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anna’s home this weekend.

She came home several hours ago. Her schedule is so perfect. She has class until 2 PM on Thursdays, no class Friday and Monday her first class starts mid-afternoon. So she technically can leave Thursday at 2, be home by 4, and not even have to get back until Monday afternoon. She’s going back Sunday this weekend but has the option of Monday whenever she comes home. Sara has a Varsity Soccer game tonight. Starts... right now! So cool Anna can watch her sister play.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Teresa and I are so lucky that we got home safe and sound and that our home isn't flooded. Right now, many people are stranded on the roads here, or their cars are flooded or their homes are flooded. God was looking out for us.
Thank God! So sad for those affected.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sara’s team will be 11-1 after tonight too. They have a real shot at winning the State Championship. Six Seniors (including Sara of course) all have college scholarships, three Juniors already have committed as well. Their team is loaded with talent. It would be so special if Sara gets that State Championship.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sara’s team will be 11-1 after tonight too. They have a real shot at winning the State Championship. Six Seniors (including Sara of course) all have college scholarships, three Juniors already have committed as well. Their team is loaded with talent. It would be so special if Sara gets that State Championship.
That is so awesome!

We got to walk Goldie tonight because it stopped raining for a while, and she was so excited! We haven't been able to walk her since Monday night due to the rain, so she was so happy to be able to go for a walk! On our second trip though (without Goldie) it started raining when we were about a quarter mile from home, so we both got a little wet. When the streets are slick or drying I have waterproof walking boots that I wear so my feet stayed dry.

My boss sent everyone in my group a text saying that we have to be in the office at 10:00 AM tomorrow. They're going to inspect the office first. I'm hoping they'll end up telling us to stay home, but I'd doubt it. At least I'll be able to sleep in a little. I just hope we don't have another thunderstorm tonight.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That is so awesome!

We got to walk Goldie tonight because it stopped raining for a while, and she was so excited! We haven't been able to walk her since Monday night due to the rain, so she was so happy to be able to go for a walk! On our second trip though (without Goldie) it started raining when we were about a quarter mile from home, so we both got a little wet. When the streets are slick or drying I have waterproof walking boots that I wear so my feet stayed dry.

My boss sent everyone in my group a text saying that we have to be in the office at 10:00 AM tomorrow. They're going to inspect the office first. I'm hoping they'll end up telling us to stay home, but I'd doubt it. At least I'll be able to sleep in a little. I just hope we don't have another thunderstorm tonight.
Great the three of you got your walk in!

At least they will inspect and if you need to go in, it will be later. Does Teresa work tomorrow?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread