Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The fireworks stopped about 11:00 PM and that's when Goldie stopped barking and crying. She got pretty upset, but she gets more upset in a thunderstorm.
Same with Buddy. Buddy is relatively new at this though. As a puppy, he didn't care what was going on, he was just happy. Now he hates thunderstorms, fireworks, etc. But it's still new so in his mind, fireworks are the start of a thunderstorm. He was okay overall though last night because it didn't last super long and the fan was a nice distraction. I had it on full blast so he hardly heard the fireworks.

Quote:
No, we just stayed home and watched the fireworks on TV (A Capitol 4th in Washington DC and the Macy's Fireworks Display in New York). We didn't want to deal with the crowds.

Teresa and I just got back from our 3 mile walk and man, it was hot! It's time for a shower now!
Good deal. I didn't even watch the fireworks, now I kind of wish I would have.

3 miles in the heat/humidity. You guys are dedicated! I am impressed. I don't think I could even go there in that heat and humidity.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Same with Buddy. Buddy is relatively new at this though. As a puppy, he didn't care what was going on, he was just happy. Now he hates thunderstorms, fireworks, etc. But it's still new so in his mind, fireworks are the start of a thunderstorm. He was okay overall though last night because it didn't last super long and the fan was a nice distraction. I had it on full blast so he hardly heard the fireworks.
That's totally understandable that this is all new and scary to Buddy. I'm glad that he was okay though.

Quote:
Good deal. I didn't even watch the fireworks, now I kind of wish I would have.
The only thing I like about those programs are the fireworks themselves. Everything else is a boring waste of time.

Quote:
3 miles in the heat/humidity. You guys are dedicated! I am impressed. I don't think I could even go there in that heat and humidity.
Teresa got up late so we went late. She just said "Let's not do that again!"

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's totally understandable that this is all new and scary to Buddy. I'm glad that he was okay though.
Thanks! Glad Goldie is okay, too.

Quote:
The only thing I like about those programs are the fireworks themselves. Everything else is a boring waste of time.
Agreed.

Quote:
Teresa got up late so we went late. She just said "Let's not do that again!"
I can imagine. What do you guys drink to hydrate? Water? Sports drink?

What do you guys have played for today?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, have you seen this commercial? I get choked up seeing it. It reminds me of when we first brought Buddy home. We got him from a breeder but the breeder's house was in the country and it just reminds me of how excited and hopeful he was on our way home.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ofqO/mercede...ng-by-layup-t2
Old 07-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks! Glad Goldie is okay, too.
Thanks!

Quote:
rotfl: I can imagine. What do you guys drink to hydrate? Water? Sports drink?
We drink water or diet iced tea.

Quote:
What do you guys have played for today?
We went out to dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant in town. We're going to walk again at 8:00 PM.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, have you seen this commercial? I get choked up seeing it. It reminds me of when we first brought Buddy home. We got him from a breeder but the breeder's house was in the country and it just reminds me of how excited and hopeful he was on our way home.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ofqO/mercede...ng-by-layup-t2
Aww, that was so sweet!

Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Administrator

I saw this and I thought of Goldie and Buddy:

Old 07-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!

We drink water or diet iced tea.

We went out to dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant in town. We're going to walk again at 8:00 PM.
Sounds great!

What did you guys order?
Old 07-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Aww, that was so sweet!
It makes me want to cry.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I saw this and I thought of Goldie and Buddy:

I can’t stop laughing, this is so perfect.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds great!

What did you guys order?
We both had grilled red snapper with grilled vegetables and dirty rice. It was delicious.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We both had grilled red snapper with grilled vegetables and dirty rice. It was delicious.
Sounds good.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Goldie always cracks me up! We keep the toys we buy her in our bedroom walk-in closet, and she knows they're there, so now if we walk into the closet, she jumps up by where the toys are, expecting us to give her a new one, and this morning, she barked by the toy bag until I got one out and gave her one!

Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Goldie always cracks me up! We keep the toys we buy her in our bedroom walk-in closet, and she knows they're there, so now if we walk into the closet, she jumps up by where the toys are, expecting us to give her a new one, and this morning, she barked by the toy bag until I got one out and gave her one!
So cute! What a smart girl!
Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So cute! What a smart girl!
She's the smartest dog that we ever had! She's too smart for her own good!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread