Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2019, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Same with Buddy. He likes being under covers on the couch with me. So I will grab a blanket/comforter and try to get him comfortable. It helps a little bit but you can tell his ears are just waiting for the next rumble. I also put a fan on if possible in order to try and tune out the noise. He doesn't even like it when it sprinkles because he's smart enough to understand that any wet on his body means thunder is coming (in him mind).

It's incredible how smart they are.
Some thunderstorms rolled in at 4:00 AM, so Goldie barked and cried with every thunderclap. I'll probably take a nap later to make up for it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-04-2019, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Happy 4th of July, everyone, and God Bless America.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-04-2019, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Some thunderstorms rolled in at 4:00 AM, so Goldie barked and cried with every thunderclap. I'll probably take a nap later to make up for it.
Good thinking. Goldie probably will as well.

I woke up with mild laryngitis. Clearing my throat a lot yesterday so not sure if it's allergies or upper respiratory infection. I feel like I could go back to sleep (and I fell asleep watching the Men's National Soccer Team last night which never happens).

Are people working at your work tomorrow?
Old 07-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Good thinking. Goldie probably will as well.
Yes, she will! Teresa and I just walked 3 miles because it was pretty cool out and we wanted to get our walk in before it gets too hot. We didn't take Goldie but we'll take her tonight.

Quote:
I woke up with mild laryngitis. Clearing my throat a lot yesterday so not sure if it's allergies or upper respiratory infection. I feel like I could go back to sleep (and I fell asleep watching the Men's National Soccer Team last night which never happens).
I hope that you feel better soon.

Quote:
Are people working at your work tomorrow?
No, everyone is off today and tomorrow, and I'm taking Monday off to make up for having to work this Monday.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, she will! Teresa and I just walked 3 miles because it was pretty cool out and we wanted to get our walk in before it gets too hot. We didn't take Goldie but we'll take her tonight.
Good thinking! Wow, 3 miles. You guys are so dedicated. Where do you walk?

Quote:
I hope that you feel better soon.
Thanks! I have a feeling it's allergies because my voice is now better after drinking coffee and grapefruit juice. I also noticed I had a tiny hive on my arm (that is gone now) which would indicate allergies.

Quote:
No, everyone is off today and tomorrow, and I'm taking Monday off to make up for having to work this Monday.
Great!

My dad and sister automatically had off tomorrow. Goes without saying I do as well (working at a University) but weirdly my brother-in-law has to work. He was thinking of just taking it off but figures traffic will be easy and he might as well go in. Ridiculous since everyone should have tomorrow off given the holiday (especially since people celebrate mostly at night with the fireworks).
Old 07-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Good thinking! Wow, 3 miles. You guys are so dedicated. Where do you walk?
We walk around our neighborhood. We have a course plotted out that equals a mile round trip, and this morning we walked further in the neighborhood and back. When we walk Goldie, we walk her for a mile and then we bring her in and walk another mile every night. We don't want to walk Goldie further than a mile in this heat, plus she's six now, which is still relatively young, but she isn't as young as she was when we first got her and I would take her for long walks. We don't want to risk her getting overheated.

Quote:
Thanks! I have a feeling it's allergies because my voice is now better after drinking coffee and grapefruit juice. I also noticed I had a tiny hive on my arm (that is gone now) which would indicate allergies.
I'm glad that you're feeling better. I'm lucky as I've never had allergies. Teresa has never had allergies either. I had that allergic reaction to shrimp two years ago, but I haven't had another reaction like that, although I now limit the amount of shrimp that I eat when I eat it now just to be safe. That one time, I ate over a pound of shrimp where now I'll just have a few pieces of it.

Quote:
Great!

My dad and sister automatically had off tomorrow. Goes without saying I do as well (working at a University) but weirdly my brother-in-law has to work. He was thinking of just taking it off but figures traffic will be easy and he might as well go in. Ridiculous since everyone should have tomorrow off given the holiday (especially since people celebrate mostly at night with the fireworks).
I don't understand why companies wouldn't just give everyone off.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We walk around our neighborhood. We have a course plotted out that equals a mile round trip, and this morning we walked further in the neighborhood and back. When we walk Goldie, we walk her for a mile and then we bring her in and walk another mile every night. We don't want to walk Goldie further than a mile in this heat, plus she's six now, which is still relatively young, but she isn't as young as she was when we first got her and I would take her for long walks. We don't want to risk her getting overheated.
Good thinking. Do the drunk neighbors say anything to you guys when you walk?

Quote:
I'm glad that you're feeling better. I'm lucky as I've never had allergies. Teresa has never had allergies either. I had that allergic reaction to shrimp two years ago, but I haven't had another reaction like that, although I now limit the amount of shrimp that I eat when I eat it now just to be safe. That one time, I ate over a pound of shrimp where now I'll just have a few pieces of it.
You guys are lucky not having allergies. Our family has allergies, asthma, etc. What a weird situation with shrimp two years ago for you. Thankfully you can still eat shrimp and good thinking limiting the amount just in case.

Quote:
I don't understand why companies wouldn't just give everyone off.
It’s so ridiculous, especially since most companies are off so it’s a slow day anyway if you do business with other companies (which my brother-in-law‘s company does).
Old 07-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Good thinking. Do the drunk neighbors say anything to you guys when you walk?
They haven't been out lately. I think they're hanging out on another block now that's not in our walking route.

Quote:
You guys are lucky not having allergies. Our family has allergies, asthma, etc. What a weird situation with shrimp two years ago for you. Thankfully you can still eat shrimp and good thinking limiting the amount just in case.
Yes, it was weird and scary. I'm glad that I haven't had any other issues.

Quote:
It’s so ridiculous, especially since most companies are off so it’s a slow day anyway if you do business with other companies (which my brother-in-law‘s company does).
I agree. The company that Teresa worked at for 10 years used to be like that too.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They haven't been out lately. I think they're hanging out on another block now that's not in our walking route.
Good riddance.

Quote:
Yes, it was weird and scary. I'm glad that I haven't had any other issues.
I wonder if it might not have been the shrimp specifically but maybe a weird combination of things? Maybe a combination of food that didn't work. Just a really rare situation that will never happen again but there were a couple factors involved. Or it could just be that you are fine having shrimp if you watch how much you eat. Intuitively, I feel like you actually could eat a lot and it'd be fine which is why I feel like it was a rare situation that will never happen again (and you truly don't have even a shrimp intolerance, much less a shrimp allergy).

Hey, did you ever get your bloodwork retested? I remember you mentioning it was slightly off and you were going to get it tested again.

Quote:
I agree. The company that Teresa worked at for 10 years used to be like that too.
Yes, it's so ridiculous. In my brother-in-law's case it's the two owners. He likes everyone else, co-workers, his boss, but the owners are petty and cold. They don't come around often but when they do, they upset everyone apparently. My brother-in-law is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet but if you anger him it's difficult for him to hide it. He's also pretty bold and will say as much. Apparently about a year ago the owners screwed over one of his co-workers so my brother-in-law went to bat for the co-worker. He was so angry and it was an injustice. The owners actually respected my brother-in-law for sticking up for the co-worker. I think some of it was they didn't want to lose my brother-in-law so they smoothed it over. Nevertheless, they are still not the greatest owners/people.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Good riddance.
Definitely.

Quote:
I wonder if it might not have been the shrimp specifically but maybe a weird combination of things? Maybe a combination of food that didn't work. Just a really rare situation that will never happen again but there were a couple factors involved. Or it could just be that you are fine having shrimp if you watch how much you eat. Intuitively, I feel like you actually could eat a lot and it'd be fine which is why I feel like it was a rare situation that will never happen again (and you truly don't have even a shrimp intolerance, much less a shrimp allergy).
It might have just been some bad shrimp or something else, but I'm happy that I haven't had any more problems.

Quote:
Hey, did you ever get your bloodwork retested? I remember you mentioning it was slightly off and you were going to get it tested again.
I decided to drop the doctor that I've had for years because his practice has become too big and impersonal and the lab made too many mistakes, so I'm going to see my wife's doctor and I have my first appointment next week, so I'll get blood work done then.

Quote:
Yes, it's so ridiculous. In my brother-in-law's case it's the two owners. He likes everyone else, co-workers, his boss, but the owners are petty and cold. They don't come around often but when they do, they upset everyone apparently. My brother-in-law is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet but if you anger him it's difficult for him to hide it. He's also pretty bold and will say as much. Apparently about a year ago the owners screwed over one of his co-workers so my brother-in-law went to bat for the co-worker. He was so angry and it was an injustice. The owners actually respected my brother-in-law for sticking up for the co-worker. I think some of it was they didn't want to lose my brother-in-law so they smoothed it over. Nevertheless, they are still not the greatest owners/people.
I understand. The owners at my wife's company were like that. They even made her go to work after a major hurricane we had here years ago when everything else was shut down.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely.

It might have just been some bad shrimp or something else, but I'm happy that I haven't had any more problems.
Great!

Quote:
I decided to drop the doctor that I've had for years because his practice has become too big and impersonal and the lab made too many mistakes, so I'm going to see my wife's doctor and I have my first appointment next week, so I'll get blood work done then.
Good move!

Quote:
I understand. The owners at my wife's company were like that. They even made her go to work after a major hurricane we had here years ago when everything else was shut down.
Wow, that is sickening.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here goes the fireworks and it’s not even dark yet.

Buddy is sleeping and I’m hoping he’s so tired he’ll miraculously sleep without getting up. I turned up the TV and got a fan going.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Here goes the fireworks and it’s not even dark yet.

Buddy is sleeping and I’m hoping he’s so tired he’ll miraculously sleep without getting up. I turned up the TV and got a fan going.
I hope Buddy slept through it all. Goldie did better than I expected because we had the TV and a fan on, but now she's barking because people are still shooting off some fireworks. Hopefully it'll end soon.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I hope Buddy slept through it all. Goldie did better than I expected because we had the TV and a fan on, but now she's barking because people are still shooting off some fireworks. Hopefully it'll end soon.
Hope Goldie wasn’t too upset with the fireworks people were shooting off. Buddy eventually woke up and was just hyper aware for the next hour. I had to let him out for the night. I tried to time it so he wouldn’t hear anything. No such luck. A couple rumblings took place. He sprinted back at me so I had to go out in the yard with him. Thankfully things settled down after that and the fireworks stopped.

Did you guys go out to see some fireworks?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hope Goldie wasn’t too upset with the fireworks people were shooting off. Buddy eventually woke up and was just hyper aware for the next hour. I had to let him out for the night. I tried to time it so he wouldn’t hear anything. No such luck. A couple rumblings took place. He sprinted back at me so I had to go out in the yard with him. Thankfully things settled down after that and the fireworks stopped.
The fireworks stopped about 11:00 PM and that's when Goldie stopped barking and crying. She got pretty upset, but she gets more upset in a thunderstorm.

Quote:
Did you guys go out to see some fireworks?
No, we just stayed home and watched the fireworks on TV (A Capitol 4th in Washington DC and the Macy's Fireworks Display in New York). We didn't want to deal with the crowds.

Teresa and I just got back from our 3 mile walk and man, it was hot! It's time for a shower now!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread