Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #150: Summer's here, weather's miserable, our bosses are unreasonable, but our dogs are still cute, and our families come first!

Old 06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I had to use two apostrophe's so the awesome title would fit.

Thanks for the wonderful title, Jerry!
Old 06-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle and thanks for using my suggestion!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That's too bad. They should care.
Should being the key word, but they don't.

Quote:
I completely understand. What would have happened to your boss had you accepted the position?
He most likely would have been demoted, but I don't think they would have fired him. Ironically, the Product Manager who wanted to make that change got demoted himself because he spoke his mind too freely too many times. He's still a Regional Manager but he's no longer the Product Manager.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-18-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Michelle and thanks for using my suggestion!
Old 06-18-2019, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Should being the key word, but they don't.
Right.

Quote:
He most likely would have been demoted, but I don't think they would have fired him. Ironically, the Product Manager who wanted to make that change got demoted himself because he spoke his mind too freely too many times. He's still a Regional Manager but he's no longer the Product Manager.
I wonder how your boss would have reacted.

Wow, that is very ironic and interesting. Is that the owner upset with him or who do you think got mad and demoted him to Regional Manager?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder how your boss would have reacted.
I think that he would have quit.

Quote:
Wow, that is very ironic and interesting. Is that the owner upset with him or who do you think got mad and demoted him to Regional Manager?
I think that several things happened:

The Vice President of Sales, who is his boss, is an egomaniac and he doesn’t want to hear anything negative.

The company I work for, like most companies, is political and this manager is very blunt and he speaks his mind, which doesn’t sit well with Management.

They realized that he was getting two commissions, one as a Product Manager and one as a Regional Manager and they didn’t want to pay out that kind of money.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think that he would have quit.
I had a feeling you'd say that.

Quote:
I think that several things happened:

The Vice President of Sales, who is his boss, is an egomaniac and he doesn’t want to hear anything negative.

The company I work for, like most companies, is political and this manager is very blunt and he speaks his mind, which doesn’t sit well with Management.

They realized that he was getting two commissions, one as a Product Manager and one as a Regional Manager and they didn’t want to pay out that kind of money.
Interesting, that makes sense. Do you get along with the Vice President of Sales?
Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had a feeling you'd say that.
He's put himself in a position where he's somewhat untouchable, and he knows it.

Quote:
Interesting, that makes sense. Do you get along with the Vice President of Sales?
I don't have to deal with him much, fortunately. I only have to get his approval on large bids, and I just do it by e-mail. He's difficult to get along with. He's got a huge ego and he's very abrupt and he rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just got a stupid migraine with aura. I absolutely hate when I get them. I’ve been getting them since I was around 10 years old and it still doesn’t make me feel comfortable when my vision suddenly gets weird and I can’t see for about 30 minutes. The irony is I don’t really get bad head pain after the visual disturbance clears up. I get a very dull ache that Advil takes care of. The second my vision goes weird I pop Advil. It’s the visual disturbance that I cannot stand for those long 20 to 30 minutes. It’s very genetic on both sides of the family and both Anna and Sara get them as well unfortunately, but thankfully they do not get them very often.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He's put himself in a position where he's somewhat untouchable, and he knows it.
Of course, so he obviously doesn’t have to worry about how he behaves overall too.

Quote:
I don't have to deal with him much, fortunately. I only have to get his approval on large bids, and I just do it by e-mail. He's difficult to get along with. He's got a huge ego and he's very abrupt and he rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
That’s too bad. Does your boss overall get along with him?

How did training go today and are you adjusting to staying until 6 PM? Is traffic better leaving at 6? Though you might not know yet because you had to stay longer for the dinner meeting last night.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just got a stupid migraine with aura. I absolutely hate when I get them. I’ve been getting them since I was around 10 years old and it still doesn’t make me feel comfortable when my vision suddenly gets weird and I can’t see for about 30 minutes. The irony is I don’t really get bad head pain after the visual disturbance clears up. I get a very dull ache that Advil takes care of. The second my vision goes weird I pop Advil. It’s the visual disturbance that I cannot stand for those long 20 to 30 minutes. It’s very genetic on both sides of the family and both Anna and Sara get them as well unfortunately, but thankfully they do not get them very often.
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope that you feel better soon.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope that you feel better soon.
Thanks! The Visual symptoms lasted from 4-4:30 and now I’m left with the dull headache. I hadn’t gotten a migraine with aura in about 4 months so I was due. I think it was the work stress yesterday combined with too much sugar in the past 24 hours... pasta along with cheesecake. Stress and sugar are my two biggest triggers.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Of course, so he obviously doesn’t have to worry about how he behaves overall too.
Exactly.

Quote:
That’s too bad. Does your boss overall get along with him?
For the most part, but he's very demanding (much like my boss) and it gets to him like his micromanaging ways get to me.

Quote:
How did training go today and are you adjusting to staying until 6 PM? Is traffic better leaving at 6? Though you might not know yet because you had to stay longer for the dinner meeting last night.
Training went okay. I'm adjusting better to staying until 6 than I thought I would. I'll find out how traffic is when I leave tonight as I had to go out to dinner last night.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly.

For the most part, but he's very demanding (much like my boss) and it gets to him like his micromanaging ways get to me.
It could be why he’s such an annoyance to all of you… He’s annoyed by his boss so then he naturally takes it out on all of you.

Quote:
Training went okay. I'm adjusting better to staying until 6 than I thought I would. I'll find out how traffic is when I leave tonight as I had to go out to dinner last night.
Good! Just think about Thursday and not having to go into the office.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread