Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I woke up this morning with a horrible headache along with my neck flared up and in spasm/pain. I took some Advil. It only mildly helped. I just made some breakfast... Omelette with cheese/veggies, potatoes, fruit.

Headache is nearly gone. I guess in my case even though I have severe spine issues/migraines, there's still an element of blood sugar that needs addressed.

This morning it was 20 F, lol.

How's the week going, guys?
Glad your headache is better, Michelle. Sometimes coffee helps as well.

I sometimes wake up with a headache and I think it's my pillow or the way I sleep. What kind of pillow do you have?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Glad your headache is better, Michelle. Sometimes coffee helps as well.

I sometimes wake up with a headache and I think it's my pillow or the way I sleep. What kind of pillow do you have?
So true about coffee. I was drinking coffee with my breakfast so it could have been the food and/or the coffee as well.

Interesting you mentioned pillow... I've been trying to find the right pillow for my spine but have failed so far. I try hard, soft, in between, neck rolls, etc. Nothing has worked. I also have to sleep propped up because of sleep apnea and GERD which makes finding a pillow even more difficult. Next up is getting My Pillow. Not sure why I've delayed. I'm going to order today.

What about you? What kind of pillow do you use?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Administrator

I'm sorry that you had a bad headache Michelle and I'm glad that you're feeling better.

It's drizzling here so I'll be trying out the waterproof walking outfit and waterproof walking shoes that I bought! I don't want to miss my walk! I could use my exercise bikes and treadmill, but I already used them this morning and I much prefer to walk outside at night!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-24-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks!

Hope your new equipment work out great and you have a nice walk!

How's work going this week?
Old 10-25-2018, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Hope your new equipment work out great and you have a nice walk!
Thanks! That outfit and shoes did their job! It rained pretty steadily during my walk but I stayed dry!

Quote:
How's work going this week?
It's going okay. My boss isn't bothering me too much. Thanks for asking.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You're welcome!

Thanks! That outfit and shoes did their job! It rained pretty steadily during my walk but I stayed dry!
That's great to hear. I love exercising in the rain but don't like getting wet. I should look into getting some gear like you did. I have clothing to keep me warm but doesn't prevent me from getting wet.

Quote:
It's going okay. My boss isn't bothering me too much. Thanks for asking.
Excellent news! Any big bids right now?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

What about you? What kind of pillow do you use?
I am still searching for the perfect pillow. Right now I use a feather pillow, because I seem to do better with a soft pillow.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You're welcome!

)
I admire your dedication. Most other people will use the rain as an excuse to skip the walk!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am still searching for the perfect pillow. Right now I use a feather pillow, because I seem to do better with a soft pillow.
Unfortunately I'm allergic (highly) to feathers so I can't go with a feather pillow. Soft doesn't do me any good though, I know this. My spine is so restricted, pinched nerves on both sides, stenosis, arthritis, no curvature in my neck. MRI results are a mile long, lol. All due to past soccer and basketball sports injuries. So I need either medium or hard at the very least.

I ordered two My Pillows the other night. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, what are you and Nadine up to this week?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That's great to hear. I love exercising in the rain but don't like getting wet. I should look into getting some gear like you did. I have clothing to keep me warm but doesn't prevent me from getting wet.
Here's a link to a website that has women's rain pants and jackets: https://www.rei.com/c/womens-rain-pants https://www.rei.com/search?q=women%27s+rain+jackets

Quote:
Excellent news! Any big bids right now?
No, thank God. I'm just working on a few small bids.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I admire your dedication. Most other people will use the rain as an excuse to skip the walk!
Thanks Betty! It's important to me to stick to my schedule no matter what.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Here's a link to a website that has women's rain pants and jackets: https://www.rei.com/c/womens-rain-pants https://www.rei.com/search?q=women%27s+rain+jackets

No, thank God. I'm just working on a few small bids.
Thanks for the link.

Good that you only have a few small bids.

When is your next vacation? Do you have another week off before you guys go to Florida?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Betty! It's important to me to stick to my schedule no matter what.
That's really important.

Heck, even professional athletes need a schedule. It is so easy to slip up. Schedules/staying on track is a must for everyone. I go through that sometimes. I'll jog two days in a row and then the weather is bad so I'll skip one day, then it turns into two days, three, etc. It gets easy to get out of your routine. I literally plant my stationary bike right in front of the TV so it's always staring at me. If I have it shoved in the corner I can easily forget about it. Nope, I make the stationary bike part of the family room (a statue you simply cannot miss) so I use it regularly.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Betty, what are you and Nadine up to this week?
Week has been fun...lots of shopping...Nadine like to reorganize stuff (it really gives her a high! LOL) so she reorganized my drawers/cabinets/closets/ etc! Nadine spent a couple of days with other family members....she wanted to see A Star IS Born, so I saw it again with her. I just dropped her off at the bus stop and she's heading into Manhattan to have dinner with a couple of her NY friends.
Tomorrow we're going out for traditional NJ Taylor ham & egg sandwiches (Jerry will know what I'm talking about! ) and then for mani/pedis.
Nadine is scheduled to leave on Saturday, but we are expecting a super storm with lots of rain and wind. So....not sure about that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread